Camp Goff
-
If you can't grip the ball very hard in the NFL, you drop said ball kinda frequently. Not good for anyone that handles the ball. Cold weather, wet and cold? Not good.
-
Well back in the day "Superbill" Bradley was the best athletic QB from Palestine, Texas who signed on with Darrell Royal at Texas. But his hand size was so small that about every 10th pass was a fluttering duck until Royal had to demote him. But he was such a great athlete that they switched him to defensive back. He went on to become the punter and starting safety for the Eagles and was 3-time All-Pro.
-
The only knock on Ricky Williams was hand size. Ask Ditka how that one worked out
The only knock on Ricky Williams was hand size. Ask Ditka how that one worked out
Absolutely... problem was they were big enough to roll doobies...
-
Planting my flag in camp Goff after last nights watchings.
Good to have found a home. I would have zero qualm with Goff and then (if he drops that far) Michael Thomas at 33.
-
Only 2 teams play more games 40 degrees or below. Browns are 3rd when it comes to the most cold weather games played. All else equal, then hand size counts.
Yes, Ricky could do some doobie rolling. But he always dropped them while passing it along.
-
Hand size isn't the important factor, it's revolutions on the throw.
-
How many yards did Williams throw for?
All of them. No incompletions either.
(probably, can't be bothered to check)
-
I think the "athleticism gap" is over estimated (and the Combine numbers will show it) and Wentz's resume is simply too thin...
Plus have I mentioned recently that I don't like running QBs?
No bridging this gap, TC, but as usual, it was interesting trying....
That's your prerogative.
It's also a misnomer calling Wentz a running QB - he's just simply a more talented athlete.
You'll eventually come around after we take Wentz.
It's also a misnomer calling Wentz a running QB...
4.78 and 4.79??? Your were right... not a running QB.
-
It's also a misnomer calling Wentz a running QB...
4.78 and 4.79??? Your were right... not a running QB.
-
Quick feet quick release, balls out.
The most polished QB in the draft.
Pretty good comments by Mayock
-
I could live with either one so let's play the trade down game.
-
Or we could not trade down and take the clear #1 prospect.
-
Or we could not trade down and take the clear #1 prospect.
Or we could not trade down and take the clear #1 prospect.
I agree. Why trade down and miss out on Wentz.
-
Exactly what I said he'd run, FTR.
IIRC only if we truncate...
On the other hand Wentz's 3-cone was better than I thought it'd be.
-
Quick feet quick release, balls out.
The most polished QB in the draft.
Pretty good comments by Mayock
-
-
Yea the combine isn't as comparable as a game, though from what I've seen and heard Goff was more accurate with better anticipation still.
bb - you are having trouble being objective here. Stuck on a player. Wentz was equal and showed far better than I anticipated. I could live with either.
-
Yea the combine isn't as comparable as a game, though from what I've seen and heard Goff was more accurate with better anticipation still.
bb - you are having trouble being objective here. Stuck on a player. Wentz was equal and showed far better than I anticipated. I could live with either.
bb - you are having trouble being objective here. Stuck on a player. Wentz was equal and showed far better than I anticipated. I could live with either.
Nah I just didn't watch, been day drinking - I heard they were both good though. (So I still side with who is better on tape)
-
I would prefer Goff, but if Wentz is drafted by the Browns I wouldn't be disappointed.
Those 2 guys are the best of the QB draft class this year.
-
bb - you are having trouble being objective here. Stuck on a player. Wentz was equal and showed far better than I anticipated. I could live with either.
Nah I just didn't watch, been day drinking - I heard they were both good though. (So I still side with who is better on tape)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login