Camp Goff
-
No... and those were all pluses...
One other Mayock musing from today:
This draft's Goff/ Wentz pair will end up as good or better than 2015's Wilson/ Mariota.
Definitely a change in the narrative from "no Top 5 QB" just a couple months ago. Not Mayock specifically, but all the Twitter GMs and "scouts" who were and probably still are saying that.
Browns need their future, and they have two choices.
Definitely a change in the narrative from "no Top 5 QB" just a couple months ago. Not Mayock specifically, but all the Twitter GMs and "scouts" who were and probably still are saying that.
Browns need their future, and they have two choices.
There we continue to agree...
Just replaying today's NFL Insiders and for the first time I heard conversation about the demand going up for these 2 QBs. Even heard speculation of them going 1-2 for the first time due to demand generated by teams in the 2nd half of the first round, driving actions by teams within striking distance of trading for #1.
-
You have this strange urge to divide people that I really don't understand. Have said from day 1 that I like and would appreciate both of these quarterbacks, but I prefer Wentz and graded him slightly higher. I don't doubt that Jared Goff is a good prospect.
If I saw them as close, then I would not try to draw out distinctions...
I do not see them as close.
-
Then you're about the only one, then.
I can live with that...
-
Sorry, cal... as of now he is...Tour
*************************************
In the area of experience, sure. But athleticism? Nope. Wentz is very much more athletic. Athleticism
is quite a talent, and to a degree, that isn't a coaching thing. You watch Wentz reinterate a complex play that
Mariuchi sp? drew on the board, then spun the white board backwards, and Wentz asked if it was his turn,
Mariuchi smiled and said "nope..." and asked him a bunch of questions. And when it was Wentz's turn, he
adeptly reiterated the complex play and had him really smiling at how excellent he did. Both Goff and Wentz
are very intelligent, Bernie Kosar smart, maybe. Sure, if you had to start your rookie from the gitgo, you would
probably pick Goff. But having Mccown as the starter for a half yr?, until he gets banged up, you could insert
Wentz in there, and he may keep that job and run with it. But at the pro day, Mayock? was talking that Goff
didn't have the strength on the deep throws, that Wentz has, and that could make a difference in bad weather
Cleveland plays in, and brought up the two Oregon games Goff struggled in.
The talents are different - I don't see Goff "more talented"..inferring across the board. Neither did Mayock.
Goff has a lot more experience at the helm, and showed a lot of fight in him, when he didn't have an all star
competitive cast around him.
I'll be delighted with either one - it's up to Hue. But in this division...I'd go with Wentz, since Mccown is quite
capable of playing, and showing a brilliant Wentz the ropes for a while. We'll see !
-
Then you're about the only one, then.
I can live with that...
-
Be strong in your convictions. If Wentz blows the big one and Goff becomes the next Brady, you'll be able to say "I told you so".
Although I don't see that happening whatsoever...
And when that day comes, Tour will pack his bent billiard pipe and smoke it, with an ever-so twinkle in his eye.
-
:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
:lol: -
Then you're about the only one, then.
One of two
-
Be strong in your convictions. If Wentz blows the big one and Goff becomes the next Brady, you'll be able to say "I told you so".
Although I don't see that happening whatsoever...
I am fortified by your words...
And when that day comes, Tour will pack his bent billiard pipe and smoke it, with an ever-so twinkle in his eye.
lol.... no pipe, but by then Cubans should be easy to come by...
One of two
'bout time you showed up, mi compadre'...
-
I had a couple (real) Cubans in Mexico (I know they were real based on my research, almost everybody sells fakes). I honestly can't tell the difference between a Cuban and any other cigar - I smoked one on the beach though which was nice.
-
I had a couple (real) Cubans in Mexico (I know they were real based on my research, almost everybody sells fakes). I honestly can't tell the difference between a Cuban and any other cigar - I smoked one on the beach though which was nice.
I had a couple (real) Cubans in Mexico (I know they were real based on my research, almost everybody sells fakes). I honestly can't tell the difference between a Cuban and any other cigar - I smoked one on the beach though which was nice.
A lot of other Central American nations use Cuban tobbakky in theirs. Because they are rolled, packaged and distributed by another country, they're OK to get through the embargo. When is that ending?
-
@PFFCollege
North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz had an accuracy % of 37.5 percent on deep (20+ yard passes), tied for 81st in the nation
#PFFDraft
-
and how many passes, how is his wr's on those long throws?
Bobby Bettilyon @BobbyBattlelyon@PFF_College @PFF that is all well and good but on average, teams averaged two 20+pass plays a game last yearJake Johnson @JakeJohnsonJO@PFF_College @PFF if you saw our receiving core on deep routes, you would understand.
-
It's just close between these two qbs.
-
I really don't think it's that close, but that's just me.
-
Using stats isn't the best for this type of discussion, but UGH, OK we can do that. Justin is a very good friend of mine and put a ton of work into this, please give it a read (don't just read the charts).
http://draftbreakdown.com/2016-nfl-draft-breaking-down-situational-quarterback-performance/
Wentz has advantages in a few of the categories, not just above Goff, but above the rest of this QB class.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


