Camp Goff
-
Sorry, cal... as of now he is...Tour
*************************************
In the area of experience, sure. But athleticism? Nope. Wentz is very much more athletic. Athleticism
is quite a talent, and to a degree, that isn't a coaching thing. You watch Wentz reinterate a complex play that
Mariuchi sp? drew on the board, then spun the white board backwards, and Wentz asked if it was his turn,
Mariuchi smiled and said "nope..." and asked him a bunch of questions. And when it was Wentz's turn, he
adeptly reiterated the complex play and had him really smiling at how excellent he did. Both Goff and Wentz
are very intelligent, Bernie Kosar smart, maybe. Sure, if you had to start your rookie from the gitgo, you would
probably pick Goff. But having Mccown as the starter for a half yr?, until he gets banged up, you could insert
Wentz in there, and he may keep that job and run with it. But at the pro day, Mayock? was talking that Goff
didn't have the strength on the deep throws, that Wentz has, and that could make a difference in bad weather
Cleveland plays in, and brought up the two Oregon games Goff struggled in.
The talents are different - I don't see Goff "more talented"..inferring across the board. Neither did Mayock.
Goff has a lot more experience at the helm, and showed a lot of fight in him, when he didn't have an all star
competitive cast around him.
I'll be delighted with either one - it's up to Hue. But in this division...I'd go with Wentz, since Mccown is quite
capable of playing, and showing a brilliant Wentz the ropes for a while. We'll see !
-
Then you're about the only one, then.
I can live with that...
-
Be strong in your convictions. If Wentz blows the big one and Goff becomes the next Brady, you'll be able to say "I told you so".
Although I don't see that happening whatsoever...
And when that day comes, Tour will pack his bent billiard pipe and smoke it, with an ever-so twinkle in his eye.
-
:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
:lol:
:lol: -
Then you're about the only one, then.
One of two
-
Be strong in your convictions. If Wentz blows the big one and Goff becomes the next Brady, you'll be able to say "I told you so".
Although I don't see that happening whatsoever...
I am fortified by your words...
And when that day comes, Tour will pack his bent billiard pipe and smoke it, with an ever-so twinkle in his eye.
lol.... no pipe, but by then Cubans should be easy to come by...
One of two
'bout time you showed up, mi compadre'...
-
I had a couple (real) Cubans in Mexico (I know they were real based on my research, almost everybody sells fakes). I honestly can't tell the difference between a Cuban and any other cigar - I smoked one on the beach though which was nice.
-
I had a couple (real) Cubans in Mexico (I know they were real based on my research, almost everybody sells fakes). I honestly can't tell the difference between a Cuban and any other cigar - I smoked one on the beach though which was nice.
I had a couple (real) Cubans in Mexico (I know they were real based on my research, almost everybody sells fakes). I honestly can't tell the difference between a Cuban and any other cigar - I smoked one on the beach though which was nice.
A lot of other Central American nations use Cuban tobbakky in theirs. Because they are rolled, packaged and distributed by another country, they're OK to get through the embargo. When is that ending?
-
@PFFCollege
North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz had an accuracy % of 37.5 percent on deep (20+ yard passes), tied for 81st in the nation
#PFFDraft
-
and how many passes, how is his wr's on those long throws?
Bobby Bettilyon @BobbyBattlelyon@PFF_College @PFF that is all well and good but on average, teams averaged two 20+pass plays a game last yearJake Johnson @JakeJohnsonJO@PFF_College @PFF if you saw our receiving core on deep routes, you would understand.
-
It's just close between these two qbs.
-
I really don't think it's that close, but that's just me.
-
Using stats isn't the best for this type of discussion, but UGH, OK we can do that. Justin is a very good friend of mine and put a ton of work into this, please give it a read (don't just read the charts).
http://draftbreakdown.com/2016-nfl-draft-breaking-down-situational-quarterback-performance/
Wentz has advantages in a few of the categories, not just above Goff, but above the rest of this QB class.
-
http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016positionreviewQB.php
Position Review: Quarterbacks
Quarterback Class
Early-round talent: B
Mid-round: B+
Late-round: B-
Overall grade: B
Merging the 2016 and 2015 prospects
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Carson Wentz
Jared Goff
Paxton Lynch
Connor Cook
Garrett Grayson
Cardale Jones
Dak Prescott
Christian Hackenberg
Sean Mannion
Jacoby Brissett
Kevin Hogan
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley
Brandon Allen
Nate Sudfeld
Trevor Siemian
Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016positionreviewQB.php#BLi3hBg2TzRhSb2R.99Safest Pick: Carson Wentz, North Dakota State
image: http://www.walterfootball.com/college/NorthDakotaState_logo.gif
Normally, this is a pretty easy choice for me, but it was difficult this year. I think Wentz and Goff are at a similar level of risk. Goff didn't play in a pro-style offense and there are size concerns, while Wentz faces a big jump in competition and has a relative lack of starting experience. I decided to pick Wentz because sources across the league with a variety of teams have said that he is a complete quarterback prospect with a great skill set, off-the-field attributes, and football I.Q.; all while coming from a pro-style system. I think both Wentz and Goff will pan out. I think if either is a bust it will be because they went to a bad team with poor management and the organization itself ruins the playeRead more at http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016positionreviewQB.php#BLi3hBg2TzRhSb2R.99
Quarterback Rankings by Attributes
Accuracy:
NFL prototype: Aaron Rodgers, Packers- Jared Goff
- Carson Wentz
- Paxton Lynch
- Cardale Jones
- Dak Prescott
- Jacoby Brissett
- Christian Hackenberg
- Connor Cook
Arm Strength:
NFL prototype: Joe Flacco, Ravens
- Cardale Jones
- Carson Wentz
- Paxton Lynch
- Christian Hackenberg
- Jared Goff
- Connor Cook
- Dak Prescott
- Jacoby Brissett
Field Vision:
NFL prototype: Tom Brady, Patriots- Jared Goff
- Carson Wentz
- Connor Cook
- Christian Hackenberg
- Cardale Jones
- Jacoby Brissett
- Dak Prescott
- Paxton Lynch
Decision-Making:
NFL prototype: Tom Brady, Patriots
- Carson Wentz
- Paxton Lynch
- Dak Prescott
- Jared Goff
- Connor Cook
- Jacoby Brissett
- Cardale Jones
- Christian Hackenberg
Upside:
NFL prototype: Cam Newton, Panthers
- Cardale Jones
- Carson Wentz
- Paxton Lynch
- Dak Prescott
- Jared Goff
- Christian Hackenberg
- Jacoby Brissett
- Connor Cook
Mobility:
NFL prototype: Cam Newton, Panthers
- Cardale Jones
- Carson Wentz
- Paxton Lynch
- Dak Prescott
- Jared Goff
- Jacoby Brissett
- Connor Cook
- Christian Hackenberg
Intangibles:
NFL prototype: Drew Brees, Saints- Carson Wentz
- Dak Prescott
- Jared Goff
- Paxton Lynch
- Jacoby Brissett
- Christian Hackenberg
- Cardale Jones
- Connor Cook
Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016positionreviewQB.php#BLi3hBg2TzRhSb2R.99
-
Looking at that, I don't see how Goff is more talented than Wentz.
-
I had a couple (real) Cubans in Mexico (I know they were real based on my research, almost everybody sells fakes). I honestly can't tell the difference between a Cuban and any other cigar - I smoked one on the beach though which was nice.
I had a couple (real) Cubans in Mexico (I know they were real based on my research, almost everybody sells fakes). I honestly can't tell the difference between a Cuban and any other cigar - I smoked one on the beach though which was nice.
I'm sure their reputation has a mystique factor built in due to being hard to get. Kind of like Coors beer as it crept east in the 80's.
That's the 1980's, Mike...
Looking at that, I don't see how Goff is more talented than Wentz.
Looking at that after watching all their 2015 game tape, I don't agree with those rankings.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


