Skip to content

Camp Cook

The Browns Board
268 35 6.2k
  • @the-gipper said:

    You are not listening. I want Bosa with our #2 pick....the closest thing to a Sure Thing. He is the Nicolette Sheridan. If Goff or Wentz are there later (they should be based on their talent rating....but not likely to be there because they are QBs) then I am all for taking them. But they are the Daphne Zunigas.

    No I think it's a fine opinion you want Bosa at #2 - but that's not the idea you've been trying to get across. (where's Camp Bosa?)

    Almost every big board right now has at least 2 QBs in the top 20 in the overall talent pool - I just don't see how you can lump all the QBs in the same category.

    I see much less of a drop off from Bosa to Spence, Nassib, Calhoun than I see from Goff to Hackenberg. There's also a real possibility the Tits take Bosa.

    @bbedward said:

    No I think it's a fine opinion you want Bosa at #2 - but that's not the idea you've been trying to get across. (where's Camp Bosa?)

    Almost every big board right now has at least 2 QBs in the top 20 in the overall talent pool - I just don't see how you can lump all the QBs in the same category.

    I see much less of a drop off from Bosa to Spence, Nassib, Calhoun than I see from Goff to Hackenberg. There's also a real possibility the Tits take Bosa.

    That is because you see what you want to see....not what may really be out there. You are seeing Goff through orgasmic eyelids.

    I lump these QBs all together because I think they all should be lumped together.

    And I am fully aware that the Tits may take Bosa. They should take Bosa. I am only hoping they don't.

  • I'm not sure how Bosa is considered the closest thing to a sure thing.

    He's not even the highest rated DE in the draft right now...

    Is it just because he's a Buckeye?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm not sure how Bosa is considered the closest thing to a sure thing.

    He's not even the highest rated DE in the draft right now...

    Is it just because he's a Buckeye?

    Not sure WTF you are looking at. Nearly everyone still has him as the #1 overall prospects.

    Oh, what....is there someone out there that thinks its hip to be stupid? To not put him at #1.

    Sure, they may be outliers....but he is as much a consensus #1 pick as anyone we have seen lately.

  • @bbedward said:

    No I think it's a fine opinion you want Bosa at #2 - but that's not the idea you've been trying to get across. (where's Camp Bosa?)

    Almost every big board right now has at least 2 QBs in the top 20 in the overall talent pool - I just don't see how you can lump all the QBs in the same category.

    I see much less of a drop off from Bosa to Spence, Nassib, Calhoun than I see from Goff to Hackenberg. There's also a real possibility the Tits take Bosa.

    That is because you see what you want to see....not what may really be out there. You are seeing Goff through orgasmic eyelids.

    I lump these QBs all together because I think they all should be lumped together.

    And I am fully aware that the Tits may take Bosa. They should take Bosa. I am only hoping they don't.

    @the-gipper said:

    That is because you see what you want to see....not what may really be out there.

    I'm pretty sure the case is the opposite. You say "no QB is a first round talent" based on a report from before the college season even started and ignore everything that disagrees with you (literally everybody disagrees with you)

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm not sure how Bosa is considered the closest thing to a sure thing.

    He's not even the highest rated DE in the draft right now...

    Is it just because he's a Buckeye?

    It's because he's been the 'consensus best player' for a year or two now, and gipper apparently places a lot of stock in draft scouting from a year ago.

    Closest to a sure thing? Must be Tunsil, I guess. Outside of that Bosa seems to have a very high floor. Buckner is the only other DE I've seen going above Bosa, but don't know much about him - I assume that's who you mean?

    @gftchris said:

    It's because he's been the 'consensus best player' for a year or two now, and gipper apparently places a lot of stock in draft scouting from a year ago.

    Yes....and also nearly every scouting service out there right now, today.

    Closest to a sure thing? Must be Tunsil, I guess. Outside of that Bosa seems to have a very high floor. Buckner is the only other DE I've seen going above Bosa, but don't know much about him - I assume that's who you mean?

    Tunsil is rated high in a lot of things.....rarely above Bosa. That would be fine with me if the Titans draft Tunsil #1. They probably need him.

    Buckner? I guess that was like somebody rating RGIII as better than Luck.

  • @gftchris said:

    It's because he's been the 'consensus best player' for a year or two now, and gipper apparently places a lot of stock in draft scouting from a year ago.

    Closest to a sure thing? Must be Tunsil, I guess. Outside of that Bosa seems to have a very high floor. Buckner is the only other DE I've seen going above Bosa, but don't know much about him - I assume that's who you mean?

    I'm not knocking him, just wondering. I just don't see the same sure thing that everyone else sees, I guess. I think Bosa is a little more scheme-dependent, he'd probably fare better as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB...and I don't see him as a 3-4 DE whatsoever, IMO.

    Higher floor, absolutely. Bosa will likely be an above average NFL DE for the next 10-12 years, with a couple Pro Bowl years probably thrown in there. But I don't see this truly transcendent talent that would make me want to overlook QB.

    Buckner has a higher prospect score on NFL (take that for what you will) and I just personally think he has more potential to be a game changing DE than Bosa does. And you draft for what they might do in the NFL, not what they did do in college.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm not knocking him, just wondering. I just don't see the same sure thing that everyone else sees, I guess.

    Sure....you don't see what all the experts see.

    I think Bosa is a little more scheme-dependent, he'd probably fare better as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB...and I don't see him as a 3-4 DE whatsoever, IMO.

    Higher floor, absolutely. Bosa will likely be an above average NFL DE for the next 10-12 years, with a couple Pro Bowl years probably thrown in there. But I don't see this truly transcendent talent that would make me want to overlook QB.

    No, perhaps not....if you had Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning available at QB.....you don't.

    Buckner has a higher prospect score on NFL (take that for what you will) and I just personally think he has more potential to be a game changing DE than Bosa does. And you draft for what they might do in the NFL, not what they did do in college.

    And everybody else is wrong....but you and the one guy out there that you found that thought Buckner was better.

  • @ice92 said:

    Greetings from Germany

    Guten Morgan...

    @the-gipper said:

    I am simply being egalitarian.

    I agree... you are incapable of discerning a difference.

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, I would rather take the talent that is considered closer to a guarantee than those that are not.

    While obviously there is no guarantee that Bosa would be the shit, I am more confident in his chances of success than I am of these QBs being talked about

    Actually you are arguing "closest", but let's set that aside.

    How do you compare Bosa's chances in a 3-4 vs. a 4-3?

    @tour2ma said:

    Guten Morgan...

    I agree... you are incapable of discerning a difference.

    Not with this group of QBs. No. I don't think there are vast differences in the talent among the first group and the latter group.

    Actually you are arguing "closest", but let's set that aside.

    Fine....Bosa is the closest thing to a sure thing.....not a closer thing. Happy now?

    How do you compare Bosa's chances in a 3-4 vs. a 4-3?

    I don't think it matters. He is a football player. He will tackle people and rush the passer from whichever system he plays in. I said he reminds me of Howie Long, who played DE in the 3-4. He was considered the ultimate 3-4 DE. Ray Horton runs the 3-4 I believe. Bosa may have played in the 4-3 in college....but he moved all over the place.

    He would do fine in whatever.

  • And you cite the experts when it comes to Bosa, but you ignore them when it comes to every QB.

  • @the-gipper said:

    That is because you see what you want to see....not what may really be out there.

    I'm pretty sure the case is the opposite. You say "no QB is a first round talent" based on a report from before the college season even started and ignore everything that disagrees with you (literally everybody disagrees with you)

    @bbedward said:

    I'm pretty sure the case is the opposite. You say "no QB is a first round talent" based on a report from before the college season even started and ignore everything that disagrees with you (literally everybody disagrees with you)

    Again, yes they will be drafted in the first round.....or should I say overdrafted.

    All I am saying is that with our #2 pick.....we would be reaching mightily to take a QB there. If we had the #10-15 pick, it may not be so bad.

    But we need #2 talent with our #2 pick.

    We don't need the QB equivalent of Trent Richardson.

  • And you cite the experts when it comes to Bosa, but you ignore them when it comes to every QB.

    @bbedward said:

    And you cite the experts when it comes to Bosa, but you ignore them when it comes to every QB.

    the experts disagree on the QBs.

    They don't disagree on Bosa nearly as much.

    I guess you want another Trent Richardson...not much I can do to change your mind.

  • @bbedward said:

    I'm pretty sure the case is the opposite. You say "no QB is a first round talent" based on a report from before the college season even started and ignore everything that disagrees with you (literally everybody disagrees with you)

    Again, yes they will be drafted in the first round.....or should I say overdrafted.

    All I am saying is that with our #2 pick.....we would be reaching mightily to take a QB there. If we had the #10-15 pick, it may not be so bad.

    But we need #2 talent with our #2 pick.

    We don't need the QB equivalent of Trent Richardson.

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, yes they will be drafted in the first round.....or should I say overdrafted.

    All I am saying is that with our #2 pick.....we would be reaching mightily to take a QB there. If we had the #10-15 pick, it may not be so bad.

    But we need #2 talent with our #2 pick.

    We don't need the QB equivalent of Trent Richardson.

    More like a quarterback who probably would have slid down as far as 22 had we not snapped him up.

    WSS

  • @bbedward said:

    And you cite the experts when it comes to Bosa, but you ignore them when it comes to every QB.

    the experts disagree on the QBs.

    They don't disagree on Bosa nearly as much.

    I guess you want another Trent Richardson...not much I can do to change your mind.

    @the-gipper said:

    the experts disagree on the QBs.

    They don't disagree on the fact that they are top 30 on overall talent.

    They don't disagree on Bosa nearly as much.

    They're starting to diverge on the #1 overall DE in the draft, while they're converging on the #1 overall QB

    I guess you want another Trent Richardson...not much I can do to change your mind.

    I saw a CBS local Dallas big board today. I thought it was interesting because it was so different - it was something like #1 Myles Jack, #3 Elliot, #7 Goff, #8 Bosa. (Keep in mind basically every big board out there ranks Goff in the top 10). But it said something about how even though they ranked Elliot as the #3 overall talent - he won't go anywhere close to #3 overall because of positional value, whereas Goff as the #7 overall talent will jump a few spots because positional value is so high for a QB.

    With that in mind, I have no idea what Trent Richardson has to do with anything.

  • @the-gipper said:

    the experts disagree on the QBs.

    They don't disagree on the fact that they are top 30 on overall talent.

    They don't disagree on Bosa nearly as much.

    They're starting to diverge on the #1 overall DE in the draft, while they're converging on the #1 overall QB

    I guess you want another Trent Richardson...not much I can do to change your mind.

    I saw a CBS local Dallas big board today. I thought it was interesting because it was so different - it was something like #1 Myles Jack, #3 Elliot, #7 Goff, #8 Bosa. (Keep in mind basically every big board out there ranks Goff in the top 10). But it said something about how even though they ranked Elliot as the #3 overall talent - he won't go anywhere close to #3 overall because of positional value, whereas Goff as the #7 overall talent will jump a few spots because positional value is so high for a QB.

    With that in mind, I have no idea what Trent Richardson has to do with anything.

    @bbedward said:

    @the-gipper said:

    the experts disagree on the QBs.

    They don't disagree on the fact that they are top 30 on overall talent.

    Yea, they should all rank about #30

    They don't disagree on Bosa nearly as much.

    They're starting to diverge on the #1 overall DE in the draft, while they're converging on the #1 overall QB

    Prove it. Give the current draft prospect listing of at least 5 different respected draft services on both of these guys.

    I guess you want another Trent Richardson...not much I can do to change your mind.

    I saw a CBS local Dallas big board today. I thought it was interesting because it was so different - it was something like #1 Myles Jack, #3 Elliot, #7 Goff, #8 Bosa. (Keep in mind basically every big board out there ranks Goff in the top 10). But it said something about how even though they ranked Elliot as the #3 overall talent - he won't go anywhere close to #3 overall because of positional value, whereas Goff as the #7 overall talent will jump a few spots because positional value is so high for a QB.

    Fuck CBS local. CBS National ranks Bosa #1 overall prospect. In your research give me CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN...national. None of your fly by night shit. None of those guys opinions are any better than yours or mine.

    With that in mind, I have no idea what Trent Richardson has to do with anything.

    You take one of these QBs at #2, you are getting the QB version of TR. A high draft bust. (You really couldn't follow that analogy?)

    I am saying that is a possibility.

    Zombo compared Goff to Paul McDonald. You are probably too young to remember Paul McDonald. Look him up....and see what we will be getting in Goff.

  • CBS national ranks Goff #4

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm not sure how Bosa is considered the closest thing to a sure thing.

    He's not even the highest rated DE in the draft right now...

    Is it just because he's a Buckeye?

    Not sure WTF you are looking at. Nearly everyone still has him as the #1 overall prospects.

    Oh, what....is there someone out there that thinks its hip to be stupid? To not put him at #1.

    Sure, they may be outliers....but he is as much a consensus #1 pick as anyone we have seen lately.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not sure WTF you are looking at. Nearly everyone still has him as the #1 overall prospects.

    Oh, what....is there someone out there that thinks its hip to be stupid? To not put him at #1.

    Sure, they may be outliers....but he is as much a consensus #1 pick as anyone we have seen lately.

    I'm looking at the rankings on NFL.com that clearly have DeForest Buckner rated as a better DE prospect than Bosa. Further, Bosa is far from the #1 overall prospect - he's more like the 7th. I happen to trust the NFL official board moreso than the CBS - considering as these guys are getting drafted to play in the NFL and not CBS.

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-position-input:s

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'm not knocking him, just wondering. I just don't see the same sure thing that everyone else sees, I guess.

    Sure....you don't see what all the experts see.

    I think Bosa is a little more scheme-dependent, he'd probably fare better as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB...and I don't see him as a 3-4 DE whatsoever, IMO.

    Higher floor, absolutely. Bosa will likely be an above average NFL DE for the next 10-12 years, with a couple Pro Bowl years probably thrown in there. But I don't see this truly transcendent talent that would make me want to overlook QB.

    No, perhaps not....if you had Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning available at QB.....you don't.

    Buckner has a higher prospect score on NFL (take that for what you will) and I just personally think he has more potential to be a game changing DE than Bosa does. And you draft for what they might do in the NFL, not what they did do in college.

    And everybody else is wrong....but you and the one guy out there that you found that thought Buckner was better.

    @the-gipper said:

    And everybody else is wrong....but you and the one guy out there that you found that thought Buckner was better.

    By "one guy" do you mean the official NFL draft board?

    Hey, I guess if I had to pick "one guy", I could do worse than the NFL.

    Then again, I'm arguing with a guy who thinks there's no difference between the 3-4 and the 4-3...

  • @the-gipper said:

    And everybody else is wrong....but you and the one guy out there that you found that thought Buckner was better.

    By "one guy" do you mean the official NFL draft board?

    Hey, I guess if I had to pick "one guy", I could do worse than the NFL.

    Then again, I'm arguing with a guy who thinks there's no difference between the 3-4 and the 4-3...

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    By "one guy" do you mean the official NFL draft board?

    Hey, I guess if I had to pick "one guy", I could do worse than the NFL.

    Then again, I'm arguing with a guy who thinks there's no difference between the 3-4 and the 4-3...

    There is NO official NFL draft board. There are 32 official NFL draft boards.....those kept by the teams. Everything else is unofficial.

    NFL.com produces articles by writers. Their rankings are no more official than Kiper's.

    And like I said, you found one source.

    List 10 others and see what they say.

  • CBS national ranks Goff #4

    @bbedward said:

    CBS national ranks Goff #4

    They are also saying that Wentz, Prescott and Brandon Allen are QBs on the rise.

    And the Cowboys draft #4.....maybe that would be a good place for Goff.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    By "one guy" do you mean the official NFL draft board?

    Hey, I guess if I had to pick "one guy", I could do worse than the NFL.

    Then again, I'm arguing with a guy who thinks there's no difference between the 3-4 and the 4-3...

    There is NO official NFL draft board. There are 32 official NFL draft boards.....those kept by the teams. Everything else is unofficial.

    NFL.com produces articles by writers. Their rankings are no more official than Kiper's.

    And like I said, you found one source.

    List 10 others and see what they say.

    @the-gipper said:

    There is NO official NFL draft board. There are 32 official NFL draft boards.....those kept by the teams. Everything else is unofficial.

    NFL.com produces articles by writers. Their rankings are no more official than Kiper's.

    And like I said, you found one source.

    List 10 others and see what they say.

    So if none of these are official, I'll just choose to believe the NFL endorsed opinion rather than any cut rate third party opinion out there.

    Good to know we're in agreement.

  • @the-gipper said:

    There is NO official NFL draft board. There are 32 official NFL draft boards.....those kept by the teams. Everything else is unofficial.

    NFL.com produces articles by writers. Their rankings are no more official than Kiper's.

    And like I said, you found one source.

    List 10 others and see what they say.

    So if none of these are official, I'll just choose to believe the NFL endorsed opinion rather than any cut rate third party opinion out there.

    Good to know we're in agreement.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if none of these are official, I'll just choose to believe the NFL endorsed opinion rather than any cut rate third party opinion out there.

    Good to know we're in agreement.

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So if none of these are official, I'll just choose to believe the NFL endorsed opinion rather than any cut rate third party opinion out there.

    Good to know we're in agreement.

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

    @the-gipper said:

    So....if the Browns have the #2 pick....and Bosa and Buckner are both available....who would you take?

    Myles Jack...🙂