Jim Brown Statue
-
I've never been big on statues of anyone but if the Browns did have one Jim Brown would be one that would be high on anyone's list of names.
-
When you try to judge yesteryears events according to today's moral values...it don't work. Dames used to get slapped in the movies all the time and it WAS accepted in the community. Not today tho. And to add too Zs post. Read about Ty Cobb and then get self righteous.
You are literally justifying a man beating up a woman because he played football well, both of you are. We joke and have a good time around here but that's honestly just deplorable. If it's being self-righteous to not support a woman-beater, than call me a self-righteous asshole I suppose. Time doesn't make that okay.
You are literally justifying a man beating up a woman because he played football well, both of you are. We joke and have a good time around here but that's honestly just deplorable. If it's being self-righteous to not support a woman-beater, than call me a self-righteous asshole I suppose. Time doesn't make that okay.
+1
And it doesn't take more than 5 minutes of an interview with Jim Brown to sum him up, egomaniacal badass. That is probably what made him such a great football player but era doesn't excuse it, may rationalize, but doesn't make it right. Let's not forget the Cleveland Browns, a team that in recent his is begging for positivity to sell it's fans, told him to get the fuck out (Holmgren)
-
VesnaKociper said:
If Jim Browns can have a statue for beating women up, why can't Johnny Manziel?
This honestly might be the most poignant thing you have ever said.
-
VesnaKociper said:
If Jim Browns can have a statue for beating women up, why can't Johnny Manziel?
Too hard to sculpt a swan dive.

-
Get a set, people, Washington and Jefferson had slaves and they have National Monuments.
This guy is the the greatest FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time, he's done bad things, he's done good things, but he's a once in a lifetime talent and he's ours.
Babe Ruth
Jim Brown
Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzky
There is only four of them. And the one that played the most popular sport in the USA was ours.
He threw a model off a balcony ... alledgedly ..
And it was a one-story balcony. Who hasn't done that?
Some windshields were broken, some charges never stuck, and lots of kids grew up in a better environment thanks to Jim Brown.
Whatever. He's Babe Ruth.
New York slobbers all over his hot dog eating, fat ass, sexist, pure white records.
Cleveland wants to apologize because Brown misbehaved 50 years ago. Grow up. No one can stop him, no one ever could, cant wait to get my picture taken in front of the statue.
Z
Zombo said:
Get a set, people, Washington and Jefferson had slaves and they have National Monuments.
This guy is the the greatest FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time, he's done bad things, he's done good things, but he's a once in a lifetime talent and he's ours.
Babe Ruth
Jim Brown
Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzky
There is only four of them. And the one that played the most popular sport in the USA was ours.
He threw a model off a balcony ... alledgedly ..
And it was a one-story balcony. Who hasn't done that?
Some windshields were broken, some charges never stuck, and lots of kids grew up in a better environment thanks to Jim Brown.
Whatever. He's Babe Ruth.
New York slobbers all over his hot dog eating, fat ass, sexist, pure white records.
Cleveland wants to apologize because Brown misbehaved 50 years ago. Grow up. No one can stop him, no one ever could, cant wait to get my picture taken in front of the statue.
Z
I take Magic over Jordan.
-
Zombo said:
Get a set, people, Washington and Jefferson had slaves and they have National Monuments.
This guy is the the greatest FOOTBALL PLAYER of all time, he's done bad things, he's done good things, but he's a once in a lifetime talent and he's ours.
Babe Ruth
Jim Brown
Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzky
There is only four of them. And the one that played the most popular sport in the USA was ours.
He threw a model off a balcony ... alledgedly ..
And it was a one-story balcony. Who hasn't done that?
Some windshields were broken, some charges never stuck, and lots of kids grew up in a better environment thanks to Jim Brown.
Whatever. He's Babe Ruth.
New York slobbers all over his hot dog eating, fat ass, sexist, pure white records.
Cleveland wants to apologize because Brown misbehaved 50 years ago. Grow up. No one can stop him, no one ever could, cant wait to get my picture taken in front of the statue.
Z
I take Magic over Jordan.
-
Zombo said:
I take Bird over Magic.
Z
Love Bird but the numbers don't lie Michael Jordan
-
Zombo said:
I take Bird over Magic.
Z
Love Bird but the numbers don't lie Michael Jordan
Love Bird but the numbers don't lie Michael Jordan
I'll take Jordan over anybody.
My original point. The 4 GOATs
Zombo
-
Zombo said:
I take Bird over Magic.
Z
Love Bird but the numbers don't lie Michael Jordan
Love Bird but the numbers don't lie Michael Jordan
Numbers? Then it is Bill Russell: 11 Championships. And isn't winning titles what its all about?
-
Love Bird but the numbers don't lie Michael Jordan
I'll take Jordan over anybody.
My original point. The 4 GOATs
Zombo
Zombo said:
I'll take Jordan over anybody.
My original point. The 4 GOATs
Zombo
On the other hand...perhaps Jordan was just a product of Phil Jackson's coaching. After all, Jackson won 5 more titles with a Jordan like clone in Kobe Bryant.
-
Zombo said:
I'll take Jordan over anybody.
My original point. The 4 GOATs
Zombo
On the other hand...perhaps Jordan was just a product of Phil Jackson's coaching. After all, Jackson won 5 more titles with a Jordan like clone in Kobe Bryant.
On the other hand...perhaps Jordan was just a product of Phil Jackson's coaching. After all, Jackson won 5 more titles with a Jordan like clone in Kobe Bryant.
I watched him play.
Zombo
-
On the other hand...perhaps Jordan was just a product of Phil Jackson's coaching. After all, Jackson won 5 more titles with a Jordan like clone in Kobe Bryant.
I watched him play.
Zombo
Zombo said:
I watched him play.
Zombo
Yea, me too.....and I watched Bill Russell play and Wilt.....who may actually by far be the GOAT when it came to individual dominance. Its just that the teams he was on didn't quite play the way the Celtics did.
-
VesnaKociper said:
I am not following, so are we saying fuck the Jim Browns statue, and put up a Bill Russel statue?
No....just that Bill Russell may have been the GOAT of basketball.
Why not scrap all of that shit and put up a stature of Busty Russel? She was a semi-famous topless dancer who used to perform on occasion at the Mahoning Follies, on Mahoning Avenue, near Steel street in Youngstown. One summer early evening, when I was 13, me and Michael Kudlovsky sneaked around back and went in. I always told people that we actually saw Busty Russell's pussy, but actually it was some other stripper walking into a dressing room. We DID however se HER pussy, whoever she was.
Well, I don't know if we saw her pussy so much because she had a pretty nice patch. So, the truth is, we saw some woman's patch and got a glimpse of pussy. I have wanted one ever since.
I will contribute to the cause if you can find a sculpture to do a statue of her pussy....and you can get the City of Youngstown to agree to allow it to be put on display.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login