Folks, we have a plan
-
There is absolutely no profit to be made by cutting Johnny immediately. We aren't punishing him because he doesn't care. We have to pay him anyway so what's the difference? Nope probably no chance of even a seventh conditional but what's the difference?
It's actually more punishment to let him sit and wait while other teams take care of their quarterback needs and make him even less valuable to them.
Pretty much the same with Dwayne Bowe. We aren't going to have to worry about the roster spot for a while.
WSS
-
There is absolutely no profit to be made by cutting Johnny immediately. We aren't punishing him because he doesn't care. We have to pay him anyway so what's the difference? Nope probably no chance of even a seventh conditional but what's the difference?
It's actually more punishment to let him sit and wait while other teams take care of their quarterback needs and make him even less valuable to them.
Pretty much the same with Dwayne Bowe. We aren't going to have to worry about the roster spot for a while.
WSS
There is absolutely no profit to be made by cutting Johnny immediately. We aren't punishing him because he doesn't care. We have to pay him anyway so what's the difference? Nope probably no chance of even a seventh conditional but what's the difference?
It's actually more punishment to let him sit and wait while other teams take care of their quarterback needs and make him even less valuable to them.
Pretty much the same with Dwayne Bowe. We aren't going to have to worry about the roster spot for a while.
WSS
I disagree, their is profit to be made, but the currency isn't money. I believe it's important to send the message that nothing is more important than improving the team's culture and standing behind the no-nonsense we-won't-tolerate-crap stance they espoused in press releases and in media interviews. Bowe I can understand keeping for now, but Manziel, no way.
-
Can we make this the Browns theme song now ?
-
There is absolutely no profit to be made by cutting Johnny immediately. We aren't punishing him because he doesn't care. We have to pay him anyway so what's the difference? Nope probably no chance of even a seventh conditional but what's the difference?
It's actually more punishment to let him sit and wait while other teams take care of their quarterback needs and make him even less valuable to them.
Pretty much the same with Dwayne Bowe. We aren't going to have to worry about the roster spot for a while.
WSS
I disagree, their is profit to be made, but the currency isn't money. I believe it's important to send the message that nothing is more important than improving the team's culture and standing behind the no-nonsense we-won't-tolerate-crap stance they espoused in press releases and in media interviews. Bowe I can understand keeping for now, but Manziel, no way.
I disagree, their is profit to be made, but the currency isn't money. I believe it's important to send the message that nothing is more important than improving the team's culture and standing behind the no-nonsense we-won't-tolerate-crap stance they espoused in press releases and in media interviews. Bowe I can understand keeping for now, but Manziel, no way.
I guess that's possible but frankly Hue Jackson is coming from the Cincinnati Bengals, a system not particularly known for squeaky clean standards.
WSS
-
Using anal ytics, Manziel to Bowe to Gordon seems like a helluva double play combo.
-
Gipson was the only consistent DB on team over last three years. You're right, no loss thereI am not concerned about Gipson. Schwartz? Sure but he accepted less money to leave. Can't really negotiate with that.
Gipson was the only consistent DB on team over last three years. You're right, no loss there
Also one of the few starters on the team all of the past three years. Gip's issue was in the past two seasons he missed half of a season due to injury.
The Browns offering 7.5$ million and pulling the offer does not equate to Schwartz signing for less by getting $6 million. He wasn't choosing between 7.5 and 6
Bingo!
agree there. But we don't know how much guaranteed and how much total Browns offered
... or the duration, but hard for me to believe we weren't in the 5-yr/50% ballpark...
There is absolutely no profit to be made by cutting Johnny immediately.
Correct... the "profit" comes if he is suspended by the league.
-
Yesterday I would have called bullshit if somebody tweeted that we were going to dump 4 good to excellent starters....
WSS
They did a bang up job. Maybe with another player of their caliber the Browns could have pushed it to 4 wins.
They did a bang up job. Maybe with another player of their caliber the Browns could have pushed it to 4 wins.
Not the point- on a 1-53 importance\value\performance scale, Oh, I'll put Joe Thomas at #1. Most of the guys who walked would be in our top 10. Like if Bademosi or Carder left, do you think I'd be pissed? If you want my 0.02 on the matter- the FO has learned nothing from the last misadventure when they let guys like Ward, Sheard, and Skrine walk.
I disagree, their is profit to be made, but the currency isn't money. I believe it's important to send the message that nothing is more important than improving the team's culture and standing behind the no-nonsense we-won't-tolerate-crap stance they espoused in press releases and in media interviews. Bowe I can understand keeping for now, but Manziel, no way.
Yup, like if we can get a conditional seventh, and someone takes Manziel's salary off our hands, he's worth keeping around a few extra days? MK gossip is saying a few teams have minor interest. We have tons of cap room- and IMHO, making a statement about no more BS is more important that a couple million. Sushi the bean-counter is starting to emerge from the shadows.
-
-
Everything I've read says the Browns didn't negotiate! It's reminiscent of TJ Ward, Sheard, Skrine, letting players walk after being developed. What is their long term plan? I realize they have an uphill battle and Farmer dug us a big hole with his lousy drafts but how do Browns replace all these guys?
Do any of you guys have a wide receiver in mind? Pass rusher?
-
Yeah, the supply is not quite that high, but I think OL replaceability is higher than people think.
It's all about consistency on the OL. OL aren't dime a dozen, but you don't need five first round guys across the board. You need five guys that can play together. That's all there is to it.
I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.
-
Yeah, the supply is not quite that high, but I think OL replaceability is higher than people think.
It's all about consistency on the OL. OL aren't dime a dozen, but you don't need five first round guys across the board. You need five guys that can play together. That's all there is to it.
I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.
Dude you are right on the money, an offensive line doesn't need a bunch of superstars but they need a team that works together and that doesn't happen overnight.It's all about consistency on the OL. OL aren't dime a dozen, but you don't need five first round guys across the board. You need five guys that can play together. That's all there is to it.
I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.
But usually that also requires a good Center.
WSS
-
Yeah, the supply is not quite that high, but I think OL replaceability is higher than people think.
It's all about consistency on the OL. OL aren't dime a dozen, but you don't need five first round guys across the board. You need five guys that can play together. That's all there is to it.
I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.
I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.
For 2015 I'd agree with that percentage in PassPro, but much lower number for us running last season. Someone almost always seemed to fail 1-on-1. Maybe 25% of the time it was a failed passoff in a ZBS flow.
Of the 75% fail rate running probably 40% was attributable to the OL, 20% TE(s) and 15% FB... which considering how little we used a FB is quite high.
Have I mentioned we need a FB recently?
-
Time to get rid of Joe.
-
Time to get rid of Joe.
Expect much raging but I see it coming.
-
Gilbert next, or are we going to see if he fits in better with Horton?
-
Gilbert next, or are we going to see if he fits in better with Horton?
Gilbert next, or are we going to see if he fits in better with Horton?
There isn't any value so I think they will see how he does.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login