Skip to content

Folks, we have a plan

The Browns Board
59 19 2.2k
  • @westside-steve said:

    Yesterday I would have called bullshit if somebody tweeted that we were going to dump 4 good to excellent starters....

    WSS

    They did a bang up job. Maybe with another player of their caliber the Browns could have pushed it to 4 wins.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #50

    @logicisforsquares said:

    They did a bang up job. Maybe with another player of their caliber the Browns could have pushed it to 4 wins.

    Not the point- on a 1-53 importance\value\performance scale, Oh, I'll put Joe Thomas at #1. Most of the guys who walked would be in our top 10. Like if Bademosi or Carder left, do you think I'd be pissed? If you want my 0.02 on the matter- the FO has learned nothing from the last misadventure when they let guys like Ward, Sheard, and Skrine walk.

    @osiris said:

    I disagree, their is profit to be made, but the currency isn't money. I believe it's important to send the message that nothing is more important than improving the team's culture and standing behind the no-nonsense we-won't-tolerate-crap stance they espoused in press releases and in media interviews. Bowe I can understand keeping for now, but Manziel, no way.

    Yup, like if we can get a conditional seventh, and someone takes Manziel's salary off our hands, he's worth keeping around a few extra days? MK gossip is saying a few teams have minor interest. We have tons of cap room- and IMHO, making a statement about no more BS is more important that a couple million. Sushi the bean-counter is starting to emerge from the shadows.

  • We lost the best players that got us to 3-13 and kept the rest

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @darren15 said:

    We lost the best players that got us to 3-13 and kept the rest

    If that's the best we have, that's sad.

    Maybe we need a better best? Or maybe we're overvaluing guys just because we're so desperate for success that we'll cling on to anything that only halfway stinks like shit.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #52

    Everything I've read says the Browns didn't negotiate! It's reminiscent of TJ Ward, Sheard, Skrine, letting players walk after being developed. What is their long term plan? I realize they have an uphill battle and Farmer dug us a big hole with his lousy drafts but how do Browns replace all these guys?

    Do any of you guys have a wide receiver in mind? Pass rusher?

  • @hoorta said:

    The Ghoolie theory "offensive line are dime a dozen" is apparently going to be put to the test.....

    Yeah, the supply is not quite that high, but I think OL replaceability is higher than people think.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @wargograw said:

    Yeah, the supply is not quite that high, but I think OL replaceability is higher than people think.

    It's all about consistency on the OL. OL aren't dime a dozen, but you don't need five first round guys across the board. You need five guys that can play together. That's all there is to it.

    I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.

  • @wargograw said:

    Yeah, the supply is not quite that high, but I think OL replaceability is higher than people think.

    It's all about consistency on the OL. OL aren't dime a dozen, but you don't need five first round guys across the board. You need five guys that can play together. That's all there is to it.

    I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #54

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    It's all about consistency on the OL. OL aren't dime a dozen, but you don't need five first round guys across the board. You need five guys that can play together. That's all there is to it.

    I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.

    Dude you are right on the money, an offensive line doesn't need a bunch of superstars but they need a team that works together and that doesn't happen overnight.

    But usually that also requires a good Center.

    WSS

  • @wargograw said:

    Yeah, the supply is not quite that high, but I think OL replaceability is higher than people think.

    It's all about consistency on the OL. OL aren't dime a dozen, but you don't need five first round guys across the board. You need five guys that can play together. That's all there is to it.

    I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    I'd venture to bet (and this is where Tour would probably come in) that 75% of negative plays are due to missed assignments or bad reads rather than straight BOB losses.

    For 2015 I'd agree with that percentage in PassPro, but much lower number for us running last season. Someone almost always seemed to fail 1-on-1. Maybe 25% of the time it was a failed passoff in a ZBS flow.

    Of the 75% fail rate running probably 40% was attributable to the OL, 20% TE(s) and 15% FB... which considering how little we used a FB is quite high.

    Have I mentioned we need a FB recently?

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Time to get rid of Joe.

  • Time to get rid of Joe.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @wargograw said:

    Time to get rid of Joe.

    Expect much raging but I see it coming.

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #58

    Gilbert next, or are we going to see if he fits in better with Horton?

  • Gilbert next, or are we going to see if he fits in better with Horton?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Gilbert next, or are we going to see if he fits in better with Horton?

    There isn't any value so I think they will see how he does.