Skip to content

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

The Browns Board
439 60 17.6k
  • A glimmer of hope???

    Iain D. Wright ‏@iain19 1h1 hour ago
    Iain D. Wright@iain19
    @MikeSilver SF using Browns and Jets to gossip to leverage more from Den? Seems the "secondary sources" spreading much of the talk

    @MikeSilver SF using Browns and Jets to gossip to leverage more from Den? Seems the "secondary sources" spreading much of the talk

  • My thought is Browns could be trying to use Manziel for Kap or to get picks to help absorb some of cap hit for Broncos if they take Kap.

    If not, and Manziel has ZERO trade value like Silver tweeted, why is Manziel still on roster?

    I don't buy that they're waiting for a suspension to release him.

  • @hoorta said:

    yup- the nfl.com guys almost unanimously gave the Browns the "Biggest Loser" tag. Any way you slice it- we lost four starters that will have to be replaced- somehow. If anyone thinks that can be done in one draft- you're dreaming.

    It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.

    Problem is- the Natives are getting very restless. There's plenty of empty seats in the upper reaches of First Energy most Sundays. I'm down in 111, and 20% of that section has fans from other teams buying up those seats on Stub Hub.

    The Browns used to have a terrific fan base, but it's inexorably eroding like the tide going out with each passing losing season. The Browns Backers of Dayton have probably lost 80% of their membership over the last 20 years. You'd have to be well on the high side of 30 to be old enough to remember when the Browns were consistently good, or over 60 to say you saw their last Championship.

  • Look what teams are paying for quarterbacks! Sam Bradford signed a deal for 36 million and Philly brought in Chase Daniels to compete! This is crazy money for guys who've done nothing! Stick with Josh McCown and draft Wentz, Michael Thomas, Noah Spence

    And a running back.

    They're not willing to resign their only good players tells me they're sticking to the draft this year and 2017 with the compensory picks.

    Wentz or Goff; Develop a QB while McCown passes to Brian Hartline

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    It won't be. I don't think this is a one year turn around.

    Problem is- the Natives are getting very restless. There's plenty of empty seats in the upper reaches of First Energy most Sundays. I'm down in 111, and 20% of that section has fans from other teams buying up those seats on Stub Hub.

    The Browns used to have a terrific fan base, but it's inexorably eroding like the tide going out with each passing losing season. The Browns Backers of Dayton have probably lost 80% of their membership over the last 20 years. You'd have to be well on the high side of 30 to be old enough to remember when the Browns were consistently good, or over 60 to say you saw their last Championship.

    @hoorta said:

    Problem is- the Natives are getting very restless. There's plenty of empty seats in the upper reaches of First Energy most Sundays. I'm down in 111, and 20% of that section has fans from other teams buying up those seats on Stub Hub.

    The Browns used to have a terrific fan base, but it's inexorably eroding like the tide going out with each passing losing season. The Browns Backers of Dayton have probably lost 80% of their membership over the last 20 years. You'd have to be well on the high side of 30 to be old enough to remember when the Browns were consistently good, or over 60 to say you saw their last Championship.

    They are restless every year. The team has stunk it up for awhile. I know asking for patience is tough but it is a new group of front office folks who seem like they are trying to do it right. We shall see how it turns out but everything before has not worked.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Ikr? Like it doesntb sit well with me that the new FO is doing this. But smoke and mirrors to hide what exactly?

    Don't care... I'll take anything...

    • interest in a rookie QB...
    • Day 1 of FA...
    • Scheiner's affair with Dee...

    Not exactly hanging by a thread here, but Kaep would be more than I can take... even if he came free...

    @tour2ma said:

    Don't care... I'll take anything...

    • interest in a rookie QB...
    • Day 1 of FA...
    • Scheiner's affair with Dee...

    Not exactly hanging by a thread here, but Kaep would be more than I can take... even if he came free..

    Wait, Scheiner had an affair with Dee?

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Why? Depending on the cost....as long as it is low, I am certainly willing to take a chance.

    Then we can all join Camp Bosa, no?

  • I just tweeted this, and have no sources, but it's possible Browns could dump Manziel to 49ers, Denver would get Kaep and Browns would get mid round picks

    @mike-h said:

    I just tweeted this, and have no sources, but it's possible Browns could dump Manziel to 49ers, Denver would get Kaep and Browns would get mid round picks

    You tweeted without a source. In other words, you just pulled it out of your ass. Your latent turds really are your best source, aren't they.

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    No. I'd much rather see us take Goff or Wentz. IMO, both are much more cerebral than Kaep, are more accurate, and are much better at going through their progressions. Kaep struggled when they tried to hem him into more of a pocket passer role.

    If we land Kaep and THEN take one of those two, I'm fine with it...but that wouldn't make sense.

    I said Broncos get Kap, 49ers get Johnny, Browns get mid round picks

    Agree on Wentz over Kap

    @mike-h said:

    I said Broncos get Kap, 49ers get Johnny, Browns get mid round picks

    Agree on Wentz over Kap

    OK, whether you made that up or not....that would be an OK deal.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Don't care... I'll take anything...

    • interest in a rookie QB...
    • Day 1 of FA...
    • Scheiner's affair with Dee...

    Not exactly hanging by a thread here, but Kaep would be more than I can take... even if he came free..

    Wait, Scheiner had an affair with Dee?

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Wait, Scheiner had an affair with Dee?

    Yea, where did that come from?

  • @mike-h said:

    I just tweeted this, and have no sources, but it's possible Browns could dump Manziel to 49ers, Denver would get Kaep and Browns would get mid round picks

    You tweeted without a source. In other words, you just pulled it out of your ass. Your latent turds really are your best source, aren't they.

    @the-gipper said:

    You tweeted without a source. In other words, you just pulled it out of your ass. Your latent turds really are your best source, aren't they.

    Try again. It was an idea/thought I had; I have not claimed to have a source, as I said in my post. Thanks

  • @the-gipper said:

    You tweeted without a source. In other words, you just pulled it out of your ass. Your latent turds really are your best source, aren't they.

    Try again. It was an idea/thought I had; I have not claimed to have a source, as I said in my post. Thanks

    @mike-h said:

    Try again. It was an idea/thought I had; I have not claimed to have a source, as I said in my post. Thanks

    Nevertheless....your rectum is still your prime source.... 😛

  • Well we have no play book. We can continue to watch Josh pat the pumpkin in pocket till Drago appears? We can go Papa Smurf Fitzpatrick with smarts of our Harvard office? We can go RG3 with a bad axle on his wheels? Or this guy Kap. What you gonna do when the browns ain't QB U.. Tick....Tock

  • The NFL Network says Forty-Niners want a second round pick for Kaepernick. No way the Browns should consider!

    Don't we need all our picks? Here is Walter Football's Mock Draft For Browns thru 5 rounds

    #2 Carson Wentz

    #32 Derrick Henry

    #65 Le Raven Clark OT Texas Tech

    #96 Tajae Sharp WR U MASS

    #129 Kentrell Brothers ILB Miss S

    In my opinion it would be counter productive to give up a second round pick when we don't have a "foundation" or nucleus anymore

  • Our 2nd round pick is pick 32. Really a 1st rd. pick. we will be taking anything but RB imo @32. Throw Billy at Chip too & the world goes nuts. tick.. tock..

  • We got the dough for Kaepernick. Bring him in man it couldn't get any worse.

  • We got the dough for Kaepernick. Bring him in man it couldn't get any worse.

    One Post From the Truth said:

    We got the dough for Kaepernick. Bring him in man it couldn't get any worse.

    Yes it could.... I posted this elsewhere. http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/02/colin-kaepernick-robert-griffin-rg3-trade-future

  • The NFL Network says Forty-Niners want a second round pick for Kaepernick. No way the Browns should consider!

    Don't we need all our picks? Here is Walter Football's Mock Draft For Browns thru 5 rounds

    #2 Carson Wentz

    #32 Derrick Henry

    #65 Le Raven Clark OT Texas Tech

    #96 Tajae Sharp WR U MASS

    #129 Kentrell Brothers ILB Miss S

    In my opinion it would be counter productive to give up a second round pick when we don't have a "foundation" or nucleus anymore

    @opal312 said:

    The NFL Network says Forty-Niners want a second round pick for Kaepernick. No way the Browns should consider!

    Don't we need all our picks? Here is Walter Football's Mock Draft For Browns thru 5 rounds

    #2 Carson Wentz

    #32 Derrick Henry

    #65 Le Raven Clark OT Texas Tech

    #96 Tajae Sharp WR U MASS

    #129 Kentrell Brothers ILB Miss S

    In my opinion it would be counter productive to give up a second round pick when we don't have a "foundation" or nucleus anymore

    Henry? hell no

  • Look what teams are paying for quarterbacks! Sam Bradford signed a deal for 36 million and Philly brought in Chase Daniels to compete! This is crazy money for guys who've done nothing! Stick with Josh McCown and draft Wentz, Michael Thomas, Noah Spence

    And a running back.

    They're not willing to resign their only good players tells me they're sticking to the draft this year and 2017 with the compensory picks.

    Wentz or Goff; Develop a QB while McCown passes to Brian Hartline

    @opal312 said:

    Look what teams are paying for quarterbacks! Sam Bradford signed a deal for 36 million and Philly brought in Chase Daniels to compete! This is crazy money for guys who've done nothing! Stick with Josh McCown and draft Wentz, Michael Thomas, Noah Spence

    And a running back.

    They're not willing to resign their only good players tells me they're sticking to the draft this year and 2017 with the compensory picks.

    Wentz or Goff; Develop a QB while McCown passes to Brian Hartline

    Didn't know we had three 1st round picks?

  • @opal312 said:

    Look what teams are paying for quarterbacks! Sam Bradford signed a deal for 36 million and Philly brought in Chase Daniels to compete! This is crazy money for guys who've done nothing! Stick with Josh McCown and draft Wentz, Michael Thomas, Noah Spence

    And a running back.

    They're not willing to resign their only good players tells me they're sticking to the draft this year and 2017 with the compensory picks.

    Wentz or Goff; Develop a QB while McCown passes to Brian Hartline

    Didn't know we had three 1st round picks?

    @billmurray said:

    Didn't know we had three 1st round picks?

    Michael Thomas will be had in the second.