RG3 Signs with the Browns
-
Great point. If I may inflect...I mean seriously- the best quarterbacks in the draft almost always go to talent depleted teams. Like the Tampa, the Jags and Titans were loaded when they took their franchise qbs? Only luck out was Rodgers who fell far enough to sit behind Farve. Andrew Luck was a fluke too, as you could almost say the Colts tanked.
It could be why we picked up Griffin, so whoever we draft @ #2- and I'm damn near certain it's going to be Wentz or Goff- gets to sit for at least 1\2 the season.
Many Super Bowl QB's weren't with the team that drafted them. I haven't looked it up but I'd bet more QB's that have played for more than one team outnumber the QB's that have been with the team that drafted them.
One Post From the Truth said:
Great point. If I may inflect...
Many Super Bowl QB's weren't with the team that drafted them. I haven't looked it up but I'd bet more QB's that have played for more than one team outnumber the QB's that have been with the team that drafted them.
Gip pointed that out in another thread- a bunch of SB winning QBs won on a team that didn't draft them. But recent history- the last 20 years, the list gets a lot shorter. Manning, Brees, (Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer- flukes because their defenses won those SBs), Warner, Farve.
Eli Manning, Russell Wilson, Big Ben were all the best QB in their draft class who went to good teams. Maybe down for the year but solid teams that won immediately.
You're missing the point. I counted Wilson in the non first round QBs. Doesn't matter the teams that drafted Manning and Rothlisberger were having down years- you forget where they got drafted? Manning #1 overall. Ben #9. That is the point. Recent SB wining QBs in general were drafted high in the first round. Brady skews the stats, and there's the occasional outlier like Wilson or Warner.
He signed a deal that could pay him 16 mill a year. No matter how long, that's a commitment, albeit minor. If you draft a QB at 2, theyre expected to be starting by the end of year 1. If they buy some time with RG3 and draft a QB in the 3rd, they can sit and develop him behind RG3 and McCown with no pressure to play him immediately. You dont spend that kind of money if youre drafting your starter at 2 imo.
Sorry, but where did you get that $16 million? Dead wrong. Griffin is guaranteed $6.7 million this year, (he could get another $3.5 million if he hits all his incentives- I'd like that- it means he's playing well) next year the Browns can cut him and not owe him a dime. That is cheap- relative to the current QB market. Franchise guys are getting the high side of $20 million. Only contracts cheaper than Griffin's are players still on their rookie deals.
-
"character concerns"----now what the hell does that mean?
http://nesn.com/2016/03/report-robert-griffin-iiis-character-concerned-john-elway-broncos/
-
Paxton Lynch will be the most successful QB to come out from this draft. Don't fuck this up.
Bosa/Ramsey then Lynch
Move up and grab Derrick Henry... he's gonna be huuuge in the NFL.
Hunter Henry would be a steal if we can get him latter but Bryce Williams is another TE that could be picked up later.
-
"character concerns"----now what the hell does that mean?
http://nesn.com/2016/03/report-robert-griffin-iiis-character-concerned-john-elway-broncos/
"character concerns"----now what the hell does that mean?
http://nesn.com/2016/03/report-robert-griffin-iiis-character-concerned-john-elway-broncos/
It probably means the Shanahans badmouthed RG III to Elway.
-
Paxton Lynch will be the most successful QB to come out from this draft. Don't fuck this up.
Bosa/Ramsey then Lynch
Move up and grab Derrick Henry... he's gonna be huuuge in the NFL.
Hunter Henry would be a steal if we can get him latter but Bryce Williams is another TE that could be picked up later.
Why get Derrick Henry when your favorite RB is available?Paxton Lynch will be the most successful QB to come out from this draft. Don't fuck this up.
Bosa/Ramsey then Lynch
Move up and grab Derrick Henry... he's gonna be huuuge in the NFL.
Hunter Henry would be a steal if we can get him latter but Bryce Williams is another TE that could be picked up later.
-
Paxton Lynch will be the most successful QB to come out from this draft. Don't fuck this up.
Bosa/Ramsey then Lynch
Move up and grab Derrick Henry... he's gonna be huuuge in the NFL.
Hunter Henry would be a steal if we can get him latter but Bryce Williams is another TE that could be picked up later.
Paxton Lynch will be the most successful QB to come out from this draft. Don't fuck this up.
Bosa/Ramsey then Lynch
Move up and grab Derrick Henry... he's gonna be huuuge in the NFL.
Hunter Henry would be a steal if we can get him latter but Bryce Williams is another TE that could be picked up later.
MHO is whatever you suggest, the Browns should do opposite. Your one really good guess was Honey Badger. Carr? It was anyone but Johnny Party Boy for me.
Your scenario doesn't work. Even Jerrah Jones doesn't want Bosa FYI. But for kicks and giggles, I'll play along with your picks. Lynch is slated mid first round. Sashi isn't going to toss in our #32, and a future #1 to move up high enough to get him. Golly gee, we don't have our #32 anymore to draft Henry. The other Henry (TE) is a lock first rounder, probably to the Steelers. So I want to see how you figure the Browns are going to pull 3 first round picks out of their ass, and still draft high enough to draft Bosa\Ramsey.
So here's my 0.02- Bosa is strictly a 4-3 DE, and doesn't fit what the Browns are doing. Ramsey is a huge reach @ #2. Lynch & Henry have extremely high bust potential. No wonder you like Henry- another overrated Alabama RB. Still have that TR Shrine in your bedroom?
-
Houston is a reminder of what not to do at the QB position.
Different situation than us though. Houston has been the poster child of the QB as a last piece approach ever since Watt came on and Schaub melted down.
And now, as other key pieces have faded and replacements are sought for those pieces, the last grand effort is made. If Brock flops, then their window will close.
And that kids is why you look to the QB position early in the process like we will this draft.
Different situation than us though. Houston has been the poster child of the QB as a last piece approach ever since Watt came on and Schaub melted down.
And now, as other key pieces have faded and replacements are sought for those pieces, the last grand effort is made. If Brock flops, then their window will close.
And that kids is why you look to the QB position early in the process like we will this draft.
True to some degree. Houston is in this situation because other than Savage they have literally drafted nothing as far as QBs go. Even a 2nd or 3rd round prospect might of been ready by now. Had they taken Carr or Bridgewater when they were dangling in their face you would have no point.
The Browns have done just the opposite and don't have a winning team despite their flaws. We have spent many valuable picks that could have been real good players for overhyped QBs. Our search for a QB has only tightened the noose everytime we tried. Houston has probably watched the Browns over the years and said no thanks to that shit.
Hue Jackson is the man. I'm not saying it, Jimmy is. Hue was Jimmy's first choice this time, so I expect he will ride this ride longer than most. If Hue finds a Dalton-like prospect out there he can mold into a winner from round 2 or 3 of the draft, would that be considered neglect? That's far more invested than Houston ever has been. If they did and failed a few times I could see the validity of you have to get a QB in the top 10 or its a waste of time 'Houston' theory. But they were never in the market to begin with for whatever reason. Even if we don't take a QB this year at any round we have a LONG LONG way to even resemble what Houston has or hasn't done in the draft.
-
Why get Derrick Henry when your favorite RB is available?Paxton Lynch will be the most successful QB to come out from this draft. Don't fuck this up.
Bosa/Ramsey then Lynch
Move up and grab Derrick Henry... he's gonna be huuuge in the NFL.
Hunter Henry would be a steal if we can get him latter but Bryce Williams is another TE that could be picked up later.
Why get Derrick Henry when your favorite RB is available?
Yo, I'd take Zeke Elliot in a heartbeat if we didn't need a QB so bad. He's going top 10 fer sure.
-
Different situation than us though. Houston has been the poster child of the QB as a last piece approach ever since Watt came on and Schaub melted down.
And now, as other key pieces have faded and replacements are sought for those pieces, the last grand effort is made. If Brock flops, then their window will close.
And that kids is why you look to the QB position early in the process like we will this draft.
True to some degree. Houston is in this situation because other than Savage they have literally drafted nothing as far as QBs go. Even a 2nd or 3rd round prospect might of been ready by now. Had they taken Carr or Bridgewater when they were dangling in their face you would have no point.
The Browns have done just the opposite and don't have a winning team despite their flaws. We have spent many valuable picks that could have been real good players for overhyped QBs. Our search for a QB has only tightened the noose everytime we tried. Houston has probably watched the Browns over the years and said no thanks to that shit.
Hue Jackson is the man. I'm not saying it, Jimmy is. Hue was Jimmy's first choice this time, so I expect he will ride this ride longer than most. If Hue finds a Dalton-like prospect out there he can mold into a winner from round 2 or 3 of the draft, would that be considered neglect? That's far more invested than Houston ever has been. If they did and failed a few times I could see the validity of you have to get a QB in the top 10 or its a waste of time 'Houston' theory. But they were never in the market to begin with for whatever reason. Even if we don't take a QB this year at any round we have a LONG LONG way to even resemble what Houston has or hasn't done in the draft.
True to some degree. Houston is in this situation because other than Savage they have literally drafted nothing as far as QBs go. Even a 2nd or 3rd round prospect might of been ready by now. Had they taken Carr or Bridgewater when they were dangling in their face you would have no point.
The Browns have done just the opposite and don't have a winning team despite their flaws. We have spent many valuable picks that could have been real good players for overhyped QBs. Our search for a QB has only tightened the noose everytime we tried. Houston has probably watched the Browns over the years and said no thanks to that shit.
Hue Jackson is the man. I'm not saying it, Jimmy is. Hue was Jimmy's first choice this time, so I expect he will ride this ride longer than most. If Hue finds a Dalton-like prospect out there he can mold into a winner from round 2 or 3 of the draft, would that be considered neglect? That's far more invested than Houston ever has been. If they did and failed a few times I could see the validity of you have to get a QB in the top 10 or its a waste of time 'Houston' theory. But they were never in the market to begin with for whatever reason. Even if we don't take a QB this year at any round we have a LONG LONG way to even resemble what Houston has or hasn't done in the draft.
The flaw in your (bolded) is- let's say we drafted position players instead of Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, McCoy, Frye. What's to say we wouldn't have wound up with washout bums like Beau Bell- remember him?
And FWIW, the Browns could have drafted either JJ Watt- or Julio Jones. How's that for some real shit draft acumen? We wound up with Phil Taylor and Brandon Wee-Done for our trouble. That my friend is why the Browns have sucked. The previous FOs wouldn't have recognized QB talent if it had walked up to them and bit them in the ass. I hope you realize they passed on Ben Rothlisberger and Aaron Rodgers to complete the trifecta.
-
True to some degree. Houston is in this situation because other than Savage they have literally drafted nothing as far as QBs go. Even a 2nd or 3rd round prospect might of been ready by now. Had they taken Carr or Bridgewater when they were dangling in their face you would have no point.
The Browns have done just the opposite and don't have a winning team despite their flaws. We have spent many valuable picks that could have been real good players for overhyped QBs. Our search for a QB has only tightened the noose everytime we tried. Houston has probably watched the Browns over the years and said no thanks to that shit.
Hue Jackson is the man. I'm not saying it, Jimmy is. Hue was Jimmy's first choice this time, so I expect he will ride this ride longer than most. If Hue finds a Dalton-like prospect out there he can mold into a winner from round 2 or 3 of the draft, would that be considered neglect? That's far more invested than Houston ever has been. If they did and failed a few times I could see the validity of you have to get a QB in the top 10 or its a waste of time 'Houston' theory. But they were never in the market to begin with for whatever reason. Even if we don't take a QB this year at any round we have a LONG LONG way to even resemble what Houston has or hasn't done in the draft.
The flaw in your (bolded) is- let's say we drafted position players instead of Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, McCoy, Frye. What's to say we wouldn't have wound up with washout bums like Beau Bell- remember him?
And FWIW, the Browns could have drafted either JJ Watt- or Julio Jones. How's that for some real shit draft acumen? We wound up with Phil Taylor and Brandon Wee-Done for our trouble. That my friend is why the Browns have sucked. The previous FOs wouldn't have recognized QB talent if it had walked up to them and bit them in the ass. I hope you realize they passed on Ben Rothlisberger and Aaron Rodgers to complete the trifecta.
The flaw in your (bolded) is- let's say we drafted position players instead of Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, McCoy, Frye. What's to say we wouldn't have wound up with washout bums like Beau Bell- remember him?
And FWIW, the Browns could have drafted either JJ Watt- or Julio Jones. How's that for some real shit draft acumen? We wound up with Phil Taylor and Brandon Wee-Done for our trouble. That my friend is why the Browns have sucked. The previous FOs wouldn't have recognized QB talent if it had walked up to them and bit them in the ass. I hope you realize they passed on Ben Rothlisberger and Aaron Rodgers to complete the trifecta.
Bell was a 4th rounder that just happened to be our first pick that year and I am well aware of who we've passed on. Are you aware there is not one QB from the passed 10 drafts that was selected in the top 10 and currently wears a ring? The only 2 in the past 20 drafts to fit that criteria are the Manning Bros.
-
The flaw in your (bolded) is- let's say we drafted position players instead of Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, McCoy, Frye. What's to say we wouldn't have wound up with washout bums like Beau Bell- remember him?
And FWIW, the Browns could have drafted either JJ Watt- or Julio Jones. How's that for some real shit draft acumen? We wound up with Phil Taylor and Brandon Wee-Done for our trouble. That my friend is why the Browns have sucked. The previous FOs wouldn't have recognized QB talent if it had walked up to them and bit them in the ass. I hope you realize they passed on Ben Rothlisberger and Aaron Rodgers to complete the trifecta.
Bell was a 4th rounder that just happened to be our first pick that year and I am well aware of who we've passed on. Are you aware there is not one QB from the passed 10 drafts that was selected in the top 10 and currently wears a ring? The only 2 in the past 20 drafts to fit that criteria are the Manning Bros.
Bell was a 4th rounder that just happened to be our first pick that year and I am well aware of who we've passed on. Are you aware there is not one QB from the passed 10 drafts that was selected in the top 10 and currently wears a ring? The only 2 in the past 20 drafts to fit that criteria are the Manning Bros.
Rothlisberger was drafted 11th excuse me. Another Browns f**kup. I'll even take a SB losing QB at this point. Elway and Aikman #1 overall fall outside your "drafted in the last 20 years" criteria.
So who you liking this year? Cook? Lynch? Cardale? Hackenberg? Screw the second level talent.
-
Bell was a 4th rounder that just happened to be our first pick that year and I am well aware of who we've passed on. Are you aware there is not one QB from the passed 10 drafts that was selected in the top 10 and currently wears a ring? The only 2 in the past 20 drafts to fit that criteria are the Manning Bros.
Rothlisberger was drafted 11th excuse me. Another Browns f**kup. I'll even take a SB losing QB at this point. Elway and Aikman #1 overall fall outside your "drafted in the last 20 years" criteria.
So who you liking this year? Cook? Lynch? Cardale? Hackenberg? Screw the second level talent.
Rothlisberger was drafted 11th excuse me. Another Browns f**kup. I'll even take a SB losing QB at this point. Elway and Aikman #1 overall fall outside your "drafted in the last 20 years" criteria.
So who you liking this year? Cook? Lynch? Cardale? Hackenberg? Screw the second level talent.
From #1 to Mr. Irrelevant, whoever Hue picks. I'm into value, it's not about a particular prospect.
-
Why get Derrick Henry when your favorite RB is available?
Yo, I'd take Zeke Elliot in a heartbeat if we didn't need a QB so bad. He's going top 10 fer sure.
-
Rothlisberger was drafted 11th excuse me. Another Browns f**kup. I'll even take a SB losing QB at this point. Elway and Aikman #1 overall fall outside your "drafted in the last 20 years" criteria.
So who you liking this year? Cook? Lynch? Cardale? Hackenberg? Screw the second level talent.
From #1 to Mr. Irrelevant, whoever Hue picks. I'm into value, it's not about a particular prospect.
I'm into value
and the last groups of FO guys and GMs have been into value too, that's why besides haden and thomas there is no blue chip talent on this team.
so you'll take 2 serviceable RBs that together can put up 15 hundred yards a year over one great RB that can do that himself because of value? or 2-3 guys that can fill holes, not be spectacular....over 1 difference maker because we could trade down and get more picks?
screw that. get the stud and carry on.
-
Zombo's PhotoZombo
Yesterday, 11:20 PM
We replaced McCown with Grif. Griffin Goff...
quote name="calfoxwc" post="591076" timestamp="1459057906"]
The Browns will still draft their qb at 2. He won't have to be thrown into the fire,
and when ...Wentz is ready.
Wishful thinking.
WSS
I surmise you think we are going to pass on the stud QBs in the draft because we signed Griff to a 2-year contract.
I don't see that. At all. In fact the Browns still say they are looking at the rookies, Griffin has said out loud that he understands they are probably bringing in a rookie and, after giving the A-OK on Grif, Hue Jack was the only HC at Wentz's workout and was all over his every move.
So I don't know why anyone thinks signing this guy means no Goff or Wentz.
We just upgraded the placeholder.
Besides, I thought you had a thing for self-centered, mobile, Heisman Trophy winning QBs from Texas?
Zombo
Zombo said:
I surmise you think we are going to pass on the stud QBs in the draft because we signed Griff to a 2-year contract.
I don't see that. At all. In fact the Browns still say they are looking at the rookies, Griffin has said out loud that he understands they are probably bringing in a rookie and, after giving the A-OK on Grif, Hue Jack was the only HC at Wentz's workout and was all over his every move.
So I don't know why anyone thinks signing this guy means no Goff or Wentz.
We just upgraded the placeholder.
Besides, I thought you had a thing for self-centered, mobile, Heisman Trophy winning QBs from Texas?
Zombo
And I thought you hated them. Ironic ain't it?
Yep I like Johnny and I like Colt McCoy, the guy your buddy held a clipboard for.
The reason I gave up on Johnny finally, and it was a disappointmen, was when it was clear he didn't really want to be a Cleveland Brown or even play quarterback in the NFL.
I never liked RG3 and still don't. I think he was an arrogant asshole and probably the biggest bust of the decade. We gave pick number 22 for Johnny how much did Washington pay for RG3? And Johnny at least pretended he wanted to be here RG3 made it clear he didn't. So fuck him, he's Washington's problem anyway. Well up until recently.
Also he had a coaching staff falling all over themselves to write an offense around him while Johnny had a grumpy old prick who thought he was coaching High School and found a beer in a kid's Locker.
But this isn't about Johnny, Johnny is gone. It's more about Josh McCown, a quality player a stand-up guy and a man among men. He's not a guy who cries racism or points the finger at his teammates when he stinks up the field. And if you are taking Carson Wentz or Jared Goff Josh is the kind of guy you'd probably want, willing to share his vast knowledge of the league with a newcomer. Not a me first prick.
But whatever the agenda RG3 seems like he's coach Jackson's boy, and he's certainly young enough if the coach thinks he can transform his career. If that's the case I'm just guessing he wouldn't want to threaten him with a high pick. Certainly don't want another Brian Hoyer meltdown.
So I'm just speculating the same as everybody else. I can easily see the coach set his sights on some also-ran in the third round.
Since I don't know a damn thing, like most of us, and like many people who earn a good living making shit up, I could easily be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.
If I'm wrong I will shrug my shoulders, if I'm right I'll gloat like a little bitch.

WSS
-
Zombo said:
I surmise you think we are going to pass on the stud QBs in the draft because we signed Griff to a 2-year contract.
I don't see that. At all. In fact the Browns still say they are looking at the rookies, Griffin has said out loud that he understands they are probably bringing in a rookie and, after giving the A-OK on Grif, Hue Jack was the only HC at Wentz's workout and was all over his every move.
So I don't know why anyone thinks signing this guy means no Goff or Wentz.
We just upgraded the placeholder.
Besides, I thought you had a thing for self-centered, mobile, Heisman Trophy winning QBs from Texas?
Zombo
And I thought you hated them. Ironic ain't it?
Yep I like Johnny and I like Colt McCoy, the guy your buddy held a clipboard for.
The reason I gave up on Johnny finally, and it was a disappointmen, was when it was clear he didn't really want to be a Cleveland Brown or even play quarterback in the NFL.
I never liked RG3 and still don't. I think he was an arrogant asshole and probably the biggest bust of the decade. We gave pick number 22 for Johnny how much did Washington pay for RG3? And Johnny at least pretended he wanted to be here RG3 made it clear he didn't. So fuck him, he's Washington's problem anyway. Well up until recently.
Also he had a coaching staff falling all over themselves to write an offense around him while Johnny had a grumpy old prick who thought he was coaching High School and found a beer in a kid's Locker.
But this isn't about Johnny, Johnny is gone. It's more about Josh McCown, a quality player a stand-up guy and a man among men. He's not a guy who cries racism or points the finger at his teammates when he stinks up the field. And if you are taking Carson Wentz or Jared Goff Josh is the kind of guy you'd probably want, willing to share his vast knowledge of the league with a newcomer. Not a me first prick.
But whatever the agenda RG3 seems like he's coach Jackson's boy, and he's certainly young enough if the coach thinks he can transform his career. If that's the case I'm just guessing he wouldn't want to threaten him with a high pick. Certainly don't want another Brian Hoyer meltdown.
So I'm just speculating the same as everybody else. I can easily see the coach set his sights on some also-ran in the third round.
Since I don't know a damn thing, like most of us, and like many people who earn a good living making shit up, I could easily be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.
If I'm wrong I will shrug my shoulders, if I'm right I'll gloat like a little bitch.

WSS
And I thought you hated them. Ironic ain't it?
Yep I like Johnny and I like Colt McCoy, the guy your buddy held a clipboard for.
The reason I gave up on Johnny finally, and it was a disappointmen, was when it was clear he didn't really want to be a Cleveland Brown or even play quarterback in the NFL.
I never liked RG3 and still don't. I think he was an arrogant asshole and probably the biggest bust of the decade. We gave pick number 22 for Johnny how much did Washington pay for RG3? And Johnny at least pretended he wanted to be here RG3 made it clear he didn't. So fuck him, he's Washington's problem anyway. Well up until recently.
Also he had a coaching staff falling all over themselves to write an offense around him while Johnny had a grumpy old prick who thought he was coaching High School and found a beer in a kid's Locker.
But this isn't about Johnny, Johnny is gone. It's more about Josh McCown, a quality player a stand-up guy and a man among men. He's not a guy who cries racism or points the finger at his teammates when he stinks up the field. And if you are taking Carson Wentz or Jared Goff Josh is the kind of guy you'd probably want, willing to share his vast knowledge of the league with a newcomer. Not a me first prick.
But whatever the agenda RG3 seems like he's coach Jackson's boy, and he's certainly young enough if the coach thinks he can transform his career. If that's the case I'm just guessing he wouldn't want to threaten him with a high pick. Certainly don't want another Brian Hoyer meltdown.
So I'm just speculating the same as everybody else. I can easily see the coach set his sights on some also-ran in the third round.
Since I don't know a damn thing, like most of us, and like many people who earn a good living making shit up, I could easily be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.
If I'm wrong I will shrug my shoulders, if I'm right I'll gloat like a little bitch.

WSS
+1000
-
Zombo said:
I surmise you think we are going to pass on the stud QBs in the draft because we signed Griff to a 2-year contract.
I don't see that. At all. In fact the Browns still say they are looking at the rookies, Griffin has said out loud that he understands they are probably bringing in a rookie and, after giving the A-OK on Grif, Hue Jack was the only HC at Wentz's workout and was all over his every move.
So I don't know why anyone thinks signing this guy means no Goff or Wentz.
We just upgraded the placeholder.
Besides, I thought you had a thing for self-centered, mobile, Heisman Trophy winning QBs from Texas?
Zombo
And I thought you hated them. Ironic ain't it?
Yep I like Johnny and I like Colt McCoy, the guy your buddy held a clipboard for.
The reason I gave up on Johnny finally, and it was a disappointmen, was when it was clear he didn't really want to be a Cleveland Brown or even play quarterback in the NFL.
I never liked RG3 and still don't. I think he was an arrogant asshole and probably the biggest bust of the decade. We gave pick number 22 for Johnny how much did Washington pay for RG3? And Johnny at least pretended he wanted to be here RG3 made it clear he didn't. So fuck him, he's Washington's problem anyway. Well up until recently.
Also he had a coaching staff falling all over themselves to write an offense around him while Johnny had a grumpy old prick who thought he was coaching High School and found a beer in a kid's Locker.
But this isn't about Johnny, Johnny is gone. It's more about Josh McCown, a quality player a stand-up guy and a man among men. He's not a guy who cries racism or points the finger at his teammates when he stinks up the field. And if you are taking Carson Wentz or Jared Goff Josh is the kind of guy you'd probably want, willing to share his vast knowledge of the league with a newcomer. Not a me first prick.
But whatever the agenda RG3 seems like he's coach Jackson's boy, and he's certainly young enough if the coach thinks he can transform his career. If that's the case I'm just guessing he wouldn't want to threaten him with a high pick. Certainly don't want another Brian Hoyer meltdown.
So I'm just speculating the same as everybody else. I can easily see the coach set his sights on some also-ran in the third round.
Since I don't know a damn thing, like most of us, and like many people who earn a good living making shit up, I could easily be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.
If I'm wrong I will shrug my shoulders, if I'm right I'll gloat like a little bitch.

WSS
And I thought you hated them. Ironic ain't it?
Yep I like Johnny and I like Colt McCoy, the guy your buddy held a clipboard for.
The reason I gave up on Johnny finally, and it was a disappointmen, was when it was clear he didn't really want to be a Cleveland Brown or even play quarterback in the NFL.
I never liked RG3 and still don't. I think he was an arrogant asshole and probably the biggest bust of the decade. We gave pick number 22 for Johnny how much did Washington pay for RG3? And Johnny at least pretended he wanted to be here RG3 made it clear he didn't. So fuck him, he's Washington's problem anyway. Well up until recently.
Also he had a coaching staff falling all over themselves to write an offense around him while Johnny had a grumpy old prick who thought he was coaching High School and found a beer in a kid's Locker.
But this isn't about Johnny, Johnny is gone. It's more about Josh McCown, a quality player a stand-up guy and a man among men. He's not a guy who cries racism or points the finger at his teammates when he stinks up the field. And if you are taking Carson Wentz or Jared Goff Josh is the kind of guy you'd probably want, willing to share his vast knowledge of the league with a newcomer. Not a me first prick.
But whatever the agenda RG3 seems like he's coach Jackson's boy, and he's certainly young enough if the coach thinks he can transform his career. If that's the case I'm just guessing he wouldn't want to threaten him with a high pick. Certainly don't want another Brian Hoyer meltdown.
So I'm just speculating the same as everybody else. I can easily see the coach set his sights on some also-ran in the third round.
Since I don't know a damn thing, like most of us, and like many people who earn a good living making shit up, I could easily be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last.
If I'm wrong I will shrug my shoulders, if I'm right I'll gloat like a little bitch.

WSS
Well, it sounds like we gave up on Johnny for the same reasons, I just saw it a year and half earlier.
Let's pretend Johnny is sober, three inches taller, with a rocket arm and wants to play in Cleveland ... we just signed that guy.
"Cries racism" ... Say What?? Griffin? When did RG3 cry racism?
I remember a lot of people on the outside crying racism ... I guess they like to do that. But never heard it from Griffin.
He comes from good people. His parents were both Army sergeants, he's a strong christian, a family man.
He was practically best friends with Dan Snyder, so I don't think he found him to be "racist".
He didn't get along with his coaches. He brooded.
People mature.
Brooding while being black is a turn off I guess. Meanwhile, our little shit was telling his teammates last year "Boy, I bet the weather is nice in Dallas!" in the middle of the season.
From all reports Griffin was a good teammate last year, accepted third string role and if you can find a quote directly from him, that shows he was ever racist, or was a bad teammate in the past year, I'd like to read it.
The reason he was third string and inactive behind McCoy was because the Redskins would have to pay him a huge buyout if he played and got injured, so, once they decided to start Cousins, they shelved RG3 all together. Turns out that was good for us, not only should he be humbled ... but his legs should be fresh.
But you are free not to like him. He did brood in his early 20's.
As for McCown, I love him too, but he's 37. His work is done here, you get a higher ceiling with Griffin. Low risk, high reward. Hue Jack is a QB guy, he's looking for younger raw material he can mold. He doesn't need a "mentor", that is what the coaching staff is for.
Zombo
-
Great point. If I may inflect...I mean seriously- the best quarterbacks in the draft almost always go to talent depleted teams. Like the Tampa, the Jags and Titans were loaded when they took their franchise qbs? Only luck out was Rodgers who fell far enough to sit behind Farve. Andrew Luck was a fluke too, as you could almost say the Colts tanked.
It could be why we picked up Griffin, so whoever we draft @ #2- and I'm damn near certain it's going to be Wentz or Goff- gets to sit for at least 1\2 the season.
Many Super Bowl QB's weren't with the team that drafted them. I haven't looked it up but I'd bet more QB's that have played for more than one team outnumber the QB's that have been with the team that drafted them.
One Post From the Truth said:
Great point. If I may inflect...
Many Super Bowl QB's weren't with the team that drafted them. I haven't looked it up but I'd bet more QB's that have played for more than one team outnumber the QB's that have been with the team that drafted them.
I detailed this entire thing on here. Didn't you read that?
-
The flaw in your (bolded) is- let's say we drafted position players instead of Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, McCoy, Frye. What's to say we wouldn't have wound up with washout bums like Beau Bell- remember him?
And FWIW, the Browns could have drafted either JJ Watt- or Julio Jones. How's that for some real shit draft acumen? We wound up with Phil Taylor and Brandon Wee-Done for our trouble. That my friend is why the Browns have sucked. The previous FOs wouldn't have recognized QB talent if it had walked up to them and bit them in the ass. I hope you realize they passed on Ben Rothlisberger and Aaron Rodgers to complete the trifecta.
Bell was a 4th rounder that just happened to be our first pick that year and I am well aware of who we've passed on. Are you aware there is not one QB from the passed 10 drafts that was selected in the top 10 and currently wears a ring? The only 2 in the past 20 drafts to fit that criteria are the Manning Bros.
Bell was a 4th rounder that just happened to be our first pick that year and I am well aware of who we've passed on. Are you aware there is not one QB from the passed 10 drafts that was selected in the top 10 and currently wears a ring? The only 2 in the past 20 drafts to fit that criteria are the Manning Bros.
Interesting. I will check on that. Here is the deal.
Since 1995, yes, the only QBs drafted in the top ten of the draft to win the SB are Peyton and Eli. But, the following were in the SB but lost:
Kerry Collins
Steve McNair
Donovan McNabb
Cam Newton
-
Bell was a 4th rounder that just happened to be our first pick that year and I am well aware of who we've passed on. Are you aware there is not one QB from the passed 10 drafts that was selected in the top 10 and currently wears a ring? The only 2 in the past 20 drafts to fit that criteria are the Manning Bros.
Interesting. I will check on that. Here is the deal.
Since 1995, yes, the only QBs drafted in the top ten of the draft to win the SB are Peyton and Eli. But, the following were in the SB but lost:
Kerry Collins
Steve McNair
Donovan McNabb
Cam Newton
Interesting. I will check on that. Here is the deal.
Since 1995, yes, the only QBs drafted in the top ten of the draft to win the SB are Peyton and Eli. But, the following were in the SB but lost:
Kerry Collins
Steve McNair
Donovan McNabb
Cam Newton
To extrapolate on this. The following are the other first round QBs (1 to 32) besides Eli and Peyton to win a Super Bowl:
BR
Rodgers
Flacco
The following is the only other first round QB to lose (and not win) a Super Bowl:
Rex Grossman
And one caveat: Brees, drafted at 32...then a second rounder, did win a SB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login