Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. Chris Matthews serves Trump his first stumping

Chris Matthews serves Trump his first stumping

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
abortion
124 Posts 13 Posters 3.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 6k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
    #1

    http://www.msnbc.com/kate-snow/watch/trump-some-form-of-punishment-for-abortion-655208515561

    Donald backtracks with his statement today.

    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-regarding-abortion

    This has been the biggest misstep of Trump's campaign. I really hope this doesn't kill his chances. He's too much fun to support. Then again, they're still going to be talking about him for the rest of the news cycle.

    One PostO 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
      • 33k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody
      #2

      wait wait wait wait

      If you think abortion should be illegal, then isn't that saying that you think a woman should be punished if she gets an abortion?

      Isn't that what illegal means? What is the point of making something illegal if there is no punishment? Hard drugs are illegal, so the seller AND the buyer are punished.

      His new statement is then saying it is illegal to perform an abortion, but it isn't illegal to get an abortion? That sounds like pro-life conservatives wussing out on there stance because adding punishment of the woman on top of their current view would make it impossible to get support

      Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 9k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by bbedward
        #3

        Don't care about abortion, but this isn't the end of his campaign don't worry. He already won the nomination

        Trump stumbles big time on pointless conservative issues that are nothing more than talking points probably because he's never agreed with Republicans before

        John Kasich is the only one who has ever done something abort abortion and all he did was make women drive to Michigan, and nobodies voting for him

        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
          • 24k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Keeps stepping on his own dick

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
            • 64k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
            #5

            One amazing thing about Trump, though...

            he's making Cruz look better all the time, and Cruz

            is leading polls dramatically in Wisconsin.

            VaporTrailV LogicIsForSquaresL 2 Replies Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • C calfoxwc

              One amazing thing about Trump, though...

              he's making Cruz look better all the time, and Cruz

              is leading polls dramatically in Wisconsin.

              VaporTrail VaporTrailV Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 6k Posts
              • 1k Reputation
              VaporTrailV VaporTrail wrote on last edited by VaporTrail
              #6

              @calfoxwc said:

              One amazing thing about Trump, though...

              he's making Cruz look better all the time, and Cruz

              is leading polls dramatically in Wisconsin.

              This is exactly why I wanted Trump to win Ohio. Now I've got to entertain the idea that the only thing between a religious zealot and the Oval Office might be Hillary Clinton.

              bbedwardB T 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                • 11k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                #7

                The fact of the matter is Trump is claiming to be pro life so he needed to get himself educated on the pro life issue. He goes on with Chris Matthews who like taking candy from a baby made Trump look foolish with Trump's lack of knowledge. Nobody on the pro life side has ever advocated for criminal charges for mothers having abortions. I will say this for the 101th time Trump needs to get some good political advisers and handlers and get himself up to speed on all the issues we have going today or he is going to step in it again and again.

                Trump got busted in one of the debates for not knowing what our nuclear triad is. Even worse it was not the first time he fumbled it and it seems like after the first time he would have at least googled it. When asked on an interview who is advising him he said he was relying on his own good brain. Obviously that is not enough. If Trump is serious about wanting to be president he should start getting some good advisers.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                  • 39k Posts
                  • 9k Reputation
                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                  #8

                  I don't see this as such a big deal. I believe most Americans are okay with abortion in the first 2 trimesters. Sorry for you hardcore Christian guys but that's the fact. So if most Americans feel it should be illegal in the third trimester except in certain situations that begs the question what should be the penalty for performing or purchasing one?

                  You should have that question and answer in the can and ready to go and in this case any candidate will need to waffle.

                  There really aren't many voters on the fringes. No abortion for any reason vs anytime for any reason.

                  If there are restrictions been there have to be consequences for violating those restrictions. Simple as that.

                  I assume Cal, Cysko and Old are farther to the right. So how would you guys punish a woman who gets an abortion? Life in prison? The chair?

                  WSS

                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                  OldBrownsFanO One PostO 2 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                    http://www.msnbc.com/kate-snow/watch/trump-some-form-of-punishment-for-abortion-655208515561

                    Donald backtracks with his statement today.

                    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-regarding-abortion

                    This has been the biggest misstep of Trump's campaign. I really hope this doesn't kill his chances. He's too much fun to support. Then again, they're still going to be talking about him for the rest of the news cycle.

                    One Post One PostO
                    • 4k Posts
                    • 284 Reputation
                    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @vaportrail said:

                    http://www.msnbc.com/kate-snow/watch/trump-some-form-of-punishment-for-abortion-655208515561

                    Donald backtracks with his statement today.

                    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-regarding-abortion

                    This has been the biggest misstep of Trump's campaign. I really hope this doesn't kill his chances. He's too much fun to support. Then again, they're still going to be talking about him for the rest of the news cycle.

                    It won't Wisconsin sucks anyway. It's all about ny and Cali from here.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • W Westside Steve

                      I don't see this as such a big deal. I believe most Americans are okay with abortion in the first 2 trimesters. Sorry for you hardcore Christian guys but that's the fact. So if most Americans feel it should be illegal in the third trimester except in certain situations that begs the question what should be the penalty for performing or purchasing one?

                      You should have that question and answer in the can and ready to go and in this case any candidate will need to waffle.

                      There really aren't many voters on the fringes. No abortion for any reason vs anytime for any reason.

                      If there are restrictions been there have to be consequences for violating those restrictions. Simple as that.

                      I assume Cal, Cysko and Old are farther to the right. So how would you guys punish a woman who gets an abortion? Life in prison? The chair?

                      WSS

                      OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                      • 11k Posts
                      • 3k Reputation
                      OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by OldBrownsFan
                      #10

                      @westside-steve said:

                      I don't see this as such a big deal. I believe most Americans are okay with abortion in the first 2 trimesters. Sorry for you hardcore Christian guys but that's the fact. So if most Americans feel it should be illegal in the third trimester except in certain situations that begs the question what should be the penalty for performing or purchasing one?

                      You should have that question and answer in the can and ready to go and in this case any candidate will need to waffle.

                      There really aren't many voters on the fringes. No abortion for any reason vs anytime for any reason.

                      If there are restrictions been there have to be consequences for violating those restrictions. Simple as that.

                      I assume Cal, Cysko and Old are farther to the right. So how would you guys punish a woman who gets an abortion? Life in prison? The chair?

                      WSS

                      I've been on the pro life side always so I know all the arguments and trap questions and hypotheticals the left wing uses like the Pharisees in Jesus' time to get republican candidates to say something extreme (gotcha questions). Todd Aiken comes to mind and there have been many others. Nobody on the pro life side wants to see mothers charged criminally for having an abortion we are only focused on trying to save the lives of babies. Trump didn't know that and so he got nailed not only by the pro choice people but also many pro life people were criticizing Trump saying that is not our position. Liberal Chris Matthews will press the issue like a prosecutor and I have seen him do it before with trap questions like getting someone to say they believe abortion is murder than going after them on criminal penalties for mothers and if pro life people think it is murder why aren't we wanting criminal penalties? My answer is make the penalties for the abortion doctors. The short answer is Matthews deliberately set Trump up with the hypothetical and I would say it is political suicide for any politician to have a position of criminal penalties for mothers having abortions. Trump better get used to these kinds of questions and I simply would advise him not to answer the many hypotheticals the left will ask him on abortion to trap him into saying something that will be used against him.

                      I would bet this fall you will see ads by the Clinton campaign with Trump saying mothers having abortions should have criminal charges (conveniently leaving out he reversed that position within hours).

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • W Westside Steve

                        I don't see this as such a big deal. I believe most Americans are okay with abortion in the first 2 trimesters. Sorry for you hardcore Christian guys but that's the fact. So if most Americans feel it should be illegal in the third trimester except in certain situations that begs the question what should be the penalty for performing or purchasing one?

                        You should have that question and answer in the can and ready to go and in this case any candidate will need to waffle.

                        There really aren't many voters on the fringes. No abortion for any reason vs anytime for any reason.

                        If there are restrictions been there have to be consequences for violating those restrictions. Simple as that.

                        I assume Cal, Cysko and Old are farther to the right. So how would you guys punish a woman who gets an abortion? Life in prison? The chair?

                        WSS

                        One Post One PostO
                        • 4k Posts
                        • 284 Reputation
                        One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @westside-steve said:

                        I don't see this as such a big deal. I believe most Americans are okay with abortion in the first 2 trimesters. Sorry for you hardcore Christian guys but that's the fact. So if most Americans feel it should be illegal in the third trimester except in certain situations that begs the question what should be the penalty for performing or purchasing one?

                        You should have that question and answer in the can and ready to go and in this case any candidate will need to waffle.

                        There really aren't many voters on the fringes. No abortion for any reason vs anytime for any reason.

                        If there are restrictions been there have to be consequences for violating those restrictions. Simple as that.

                        I assume Cal, Cysko and Old are farther to the right. So how would you guys punish a woman who gets an abortion? Life in prison? The chair?

                        WSS

                        Well at least you can tell he's republican now.
                        https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Black-Sunday-Stories-1780988822148720/?ref=bookmarks
                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • VaporTrailV VaporTrail

                          @calfoxwc said:

                          One amazing thing about Trump, though...

                          he's making Cruz look better all the time, and Cruz

                          is leading polls dramatically in Wisconsin.

                          This is exactly why I wanted Trump to win Ohio. Now I've got to entertain the idea that the only thing between a religious zealot and the Oval Office might be Hillary Clinton.

                          bbedward bbedwardB Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 9k Posts
                          • 1k Reputation
                          bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @vaportrail said:

                          This is exactly why I wanted Trump to win Ohio. Now I've got to entertain the idea that the only thing between a religious zealot and the Oval Office might be Hillary Clinton.

                          Cruz doesn't have a path to the nomination.

                          Wisconsin is a Retarded state that elected Scott Walker and Paul Ryan.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • C calfoxwc

                            One amazing thing about Trump, though...

                            he's making Cruz look better all the time, and Cruz

                            is leading polls dramatically in Wisconsin.

                            LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 10k Posts
                            • 2k Reputation
                            LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @calfoxwc said:

                            One amazing thing about Trump, though...

                            he's making Cruz look better all the time, and Cruz

                            is leading polls dramatically in Wisconsin.

                            If it is Cruz vs Clinton we may get a voter turnout of 12 people.

                            OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                              • 39k Posts
                              • 9k Reputation
                              W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                              #14

                              Old, yes you are completely correct. I'm just talking about the game of politics and Donald Trump, a man who I think is very bright, should have had an answer in the can for that.

                              "Chris there should always be consequences for breaking the law. This issue is one I have thought about my entire life and did not come to my conclusion lightly. What should the consequences be for performing or obtaining an abortion? That's something I will have to sit down with my newly appointed justice department and figure out. It will be one of my top priorities. To give you an off-the-cuff answer doesn't do an issue of such importance justice right now. I hope you understand."

                              WSS

                              www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                              OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • W Westside Steve

                                Old, yes you are completely correct. I'm just talking about the game of politics and Donald Trump, a man who I think is very bright, should have had an answer in the can for that.

                                "Chris there should always be consequences for breaking the law. This issue is one I have thought about my entire life and did not come to my conclusion lightly. What should the consequences be for performing or obtaining an abortion? That's something I will have to sit down with my newly appointed justice department and figure out. It will be one of my top priorities. To give you an off-the-cuff answer doesn't do an issue of such importance justice right now. I hope you understand."

                                WSS

                                OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                • 11k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @westside-steve said:

                                Old, yes you are completely correct. I'm just talking about the game of politics and Donald Trump, a man who I think is very bright, should have had an answer in the can for that.

                                "Chris there should always be consequences for breaking the law. This issue is one I have thought about my entire life and did not come to my conclusion lightly. What should the consequences be for performing or obtaining an abortion? That's something I will have to sit down with my newly appointed justice department and figure out. It will be one of my top priorities. To give you an off-the-cuff answer doesn't do an issue of such importance justice right now. I hope you understand."

                                WSS

                                WSS - you should be advising Trump because that is the spot on answer. I think Trump is a smart man as well but he has never held public office and he needs to surround himself with good advisers.

                                W 1 Reply Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

                                  @calfoxwc said:

                                  One amazing thing about Trump, though...

                                  he's making Cruz look better all the time, and Cruz

                                  is leading polls dramatically in Wisconsin.

                                  If it is Cruz vs Clinton we may get a voter turnout of 12 people.

                                  OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                  • 11k Posts
                                  • 3k Reputation
                                  OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @logicisforsquares said:

                                  If it is Cruz vs Clinton we may get a voter turnout of 12 people.

                                  13 🙂

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan

                                    @westside-steve said:

                                    Old, yes you are completely correct. I'm just talking about the game of politics and Donald Trump, a man who I think is very bright, should have had an answer in the can for that.

                                    "Chris there should always be consequences for breaking the law. This issue is one I have thought about my entire life and did not come to my conclusion lightly. What should the consequences be for performing or obtaining an abortion? That's something I will have to sit down with my newly appointed justice department and figure out. It will be one of my top priorities. To give you an off-the-cuff answer doesn't do an issue of such importance justice right now. I hope you understand."

                                    WSS

                                    WSS - you should be advising Trump because that is the spot on answer. I think Trump is a smart man as well but he has never held public office and he needs to surround himself with good advisers.

                                    Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                    • 39k Posts
                                    • 9k Reputation
                                    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                    #17

                                    @oldbrownsfan said:

                                    WSS - you should be advising Trump because that is the spot on answer. I think Trump is a smart man as well but he has never held public office and he needs to surround himself with good advisers.

                                    I really should sir. This stuff is so obvious. I've mentioned before in high school I got a small scholarship from the national forensic League. I was never a debater I got all my points from Individual events especially boys extemporaneous speaking. In a competition you would go into your round competing against approximately 5 other kids. When you got there you were given a basket from which to pick 3 topics of those you select one and you have ten minutes to prepare a 6 minute speech. In the first two weeks of competition we realized but pretty much all the questions or similar so we would each have a canned speech ready to go for whatever topics we selected. No idea why Trump refuses to do that and I fear that will be his downfall, furthermore that will be the downfall of the country when Hillary takes office.

                                    WSS

                                    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                    OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                      • 28k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      Chris Matthews, that whinney little bitch.

                                      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                        • 64k Posts
                                        • 8k Reputation
                                        C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Politics has gotten so dirty, the good leaders won't run anymore.

                                        Sen. John Thune should be running.

                                        OldBrownsFanO jbluhm86J 2 Replies Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • W Westside Steve

                                          @oldbrownsfan said:

                                          WSS - you should be advising Trump because that is the spot on answer. I think Trump is a smart man as well but he has never held public office and he needs to surround himself with good advisers.

                                          I really should sir. This stuff is so obvious. I've mentioned before in high school I got a small scholarship from the national forensic League. I was never a debater I got all my points from Individual events especially boys extemporaneous speaking. In a competition you would go into your round competing against approximately 5 other kids. When you got there you were given a basket from which to pick 3 topics of those you select one and you have ten minutes to prepare a 6 minute speech. In the first two weeks of competition we realized but pretty much all the questions or similar so we would each have a canned speech ready to go for whatever topics we selected. No idea why Trump refuses to do that and I fear that will be his downfall, furthermore that will be the downfall of the country when Hillary takes office.

                                          WSS

                                          OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                          • 11k Posts
                                          • 3k Reputation
                                          OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @westside-steve said:

                                          I really should sir. This stuff is so obvious. I've mentioned before in high school I got a small scholarship from the national forensic League. I was never a debater I got all my points from Individual events especially boys extemporaneous speaking. In a competition you would go into your round competing against approximately 5 other kids. When you got there you were given a basket from which to pick 3 topics of those you select one and you have ten minutes to prepare a 6 minute speech. In the first two weeks of competition we realized but pretty much all the questions or similar so we would each have a canned speech ready to go for whatever topics we selected. No idea why Trump refuses to do that and I fear that will be his downfall, furthermore that will be the downfall of the country when Hillary takes office.

                                          WSS

                                          I would be a poor debater. Usually after I debate someone I think of about 20 things I should have said. I have lots of practice though with my ultra liberal dad who I have debated this stuff many times through the years. I usually get the best of him but one time he kind of went on a *winning streak* against me until I started googling his *facts* (he is at a disadvantage knowing nothing about the internet) and found none of what he was saying was true. When I asked him about it I got him to admit (like a typical lib) he was making things up. 😁

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate