Skip to content

Myles Jack has a "chondral defect" in his right knee

The Browns Board
38 15 1.5k
  • @d-bone said:

    I've seen all of his games over the past few years, and production would be one of the top 3 single words I would use to describe him. The other two being play-maker and motor. Hopefully the Browns' Drs. are top notch and can decipher reality from fear.

    I'm not big on "projection", as it has no basis in reality. Men either do, or they do not, and it doesn't matter what a group of people said that he may, or may not do.

    All of that said, his knee is a concern and the last thing the Browns can afford to do at 8 is pick a player that can't stay on the field........... Glad I'm not making the pick.

    If the Browns pick this guy- I may toss something at the screen.

    @the-gipper said:

    It is reason enough for many teams to bypass him... They won't take a chance with their high draft pick. I say he does fall considerably because of this.

    Shades of KW II. We absolutely can't be taking chances on first round guys with known injury issues.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @hoorta said:

    shades of KW II. We absolutely can't be taking chances on first round guys with known injury issues.

    I really was in favor of trading down and picking him but this knee thing scares me. I think we have to take a pass...sure he could turn out to be LT but he also could be out of the league in a year with a crap knee.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Bosa at 8

  • Bosa at 8

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #18

    @mike-h said:

    Bosa at 8

    He doesn't seem explosive/twitchy enough to me, although I admit I haven't seen him play very much.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #19

    I thought that too after seeing how he tested. But I watched again, and the way he plays... he's something every D needs. He can explode and sets the edge. People say this all the time, but Bosa actually does it.

    Really strong hands.

  • I thought that too after seeing how he tested. But I watched again, and the way he plays... he's something every D needs. He can explode and sets the edge. People say this all the time, but Bosa actually does it.

    Really strong hands.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @mike-h said:

    Really strong hands.

    I'd say something, but we've been getting along so well...

    For me Bosa is still a question of scheme fit.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by Mike H
    #21

    Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.

    And that's how Ray Horton plays defense.

    From the horse's mouth:

    "That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."

    "That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. It will be predicated by what the offense does. We have athletes that can stand up, that can put their hand in the ground, that can run, so that's why I go back to the multi-front defense."

    I don't think there's even a question other than if he'll be available at 8.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #22

    and he so wants to play in cleveland!

  • Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.

    And that's how Ray Horton plays defense.

    From the horse's mouth:

    "That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."

    "That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. It will be predicated by what the offense does. We have athletes that can stand up, that can put their hand in the ground, that can run, so that's why I go back to the multi-front defense."

    I don't think there's even a question other than if he'll be available at 8.

    One PostO One Post wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @mike-h said:

    Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.

    And that's how Ray Horton plays defense.

    From the horse's mouth:

    "That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."[/size]

    "That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. It will be predicated by what the offense does. We have athletes that can stand up, that can put their hand in the ground, that can run, so that's why I go back to the multi-front defense."[/size]

    I don't think there's even a question other than if he'll be available at 8.[/size]

    He had best get the personnel to do so. Browns need Linebackers galore to substitute and blitz with fresh bodies.
  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Trade up from #8 (to JAX at 5 perhaps) and select Jalen ramsey - arguably the most freakishly athletic player in the draft, who boasts position flexibility, grades out as both the best CB and FS, and his sparq score places him in the top 1% of all CBs in the NFL.

    At #32 trade up if Myles Jack drops into the 20's (but not at 22...).

  • Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.

    And that's how Ray Horton plays defense.

    From the horse's mouth:

    "That's the most important thing to me – what do we look like, not what we line up in. We may be a 3-4 on one snap. We may be a 4-3 on another snap. I guarantee you we'll be a 5-2 sometimes, and we'll be a 4-4 sometimes. We are a multi-front, attacking defense, and that's the most important thing."

    "That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. It will be predicated by what the offense does. We have athletes that can stand up, that can put their hand in the ground, that can run, so that's why I go back to the multi-front defense."

    I don't think there's even a question other than if he'll be available at 8.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    So much for amassing picks...

    @mike-h said:

    Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.


    "That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. "

    Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.

    As for Horton's approach... I seem to recall the same being said in 2013... and it not being born out once the season started. Sure we'll see predictable, situational looks, but multiple looks haven't truly been featured by a Browns defense since Ryan and Mangini left town.

  • So much for amassing picks...

    @mike-h said:

    Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.


    "That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. "

    Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.

    As for Horton's approach... I seem to recall the same being said in 2013... and it not being born out once the season started. Sure we'll see predictable, situational looks, but multiple looks haven't truly been featured by a Browns defense since Ryan and Mangini left town.

    SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    So much for amassing picks...

    Ramsey is an analytics pick. Jack is to reward me for watching the entire first round.

  • @tour2ma said:

    So much for amassing picks...

    Ramsey is an analytics pick. Jack is to reward me for watching the entire first round.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @suomi said:

    Ramsey is an analytics pick. Jack is to reward me for watching the entire first round.

    lol... well in that case... hope you're as bored as the rest of us after ~21:00 CDT...

  • So much for amassing picks...

    @mike-h said:

    Bosa can play multiple positions in multiple fronts.


    "That may mean one snap being 5-2, the next snap it may be 4-4. "

    Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.

    As for Horton's approach... I seem to recall the same being said in 2013... and it not being born out once the season started. Sure we'll see predictable, situational looks, but multiple looks haven't truly been featured by a Browns defense since Ryan and Mangini left town.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tour2ma said:

    So much for amassing picks...

    Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.

    basically replace kruger wiith Bosa....I would be totally ok with that.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    If available at 8 Elliot, Buckner or Conklin

  • @tour2ma said:

    So much for amassing picks...

    Not a question of "can". It's "how well"... Bosa is going to be a good, even a very good, player. But the more time he spends outside in a 4-3 facing his opponent's #2 OT, the better he will do. Drop him inside in 3rd and longs and he'll have moments there as well.

    basically replace kruger wiith Bosa....I would be totally ok with that.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @clevfan4life said:

    basically replace kruger wiith Bosa....I would be totally ok with that.

    As would I at #8, but the net gain for a R1 pick would be dependant upon which Kruger we were replacing... the 2014 or the 2015.

  • Mike HM Mike H wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Bosa no. 3 overall (essentially no. 1 post-QB), and to a 3-4 team. Jack not picked in round 1.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #32

    40 inch vert

  • 40 inch vert

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @poeticg said:

    40 inch vert

    On one leg?

  • Harry BuffaloH Harry Buffalo wrote on last edited by
    #34

    I think this guy could be worth the risk in round 2. They are saying he is good to go, they just don't know how long of a career he will have. I think 5 good seasons is worth a 2nd round pick. Having said that I think we are in a good position to trade back about 5 spots and see who falls to us, as long as we find someone who is willing to trade.

  • I think this guy could be worth the risk in round 2. They are saying he is good to go, they just don't know how long of a career he will have. I think 5 good seasons is worth a 2nd round pick. Having said that I think we are in a good position to trade back about 5 spots and see who falls to us, as long as we find someone who is willing to trade.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @harry-buffalo said:

    I think this guy could be worth the risk in round 2. They are saying he is good to go, they just don't know how long of a career he will have. I think 5 good seasons is worth a 2nd round pick. Having said that I think we are in a good position to trade back about 5 spots and see who falls to us, as long as we find someone who is willing to trade.

    Good to see you Harry... I miss disagreeing with you...

    I pass on Jack... zero risk tolerance year.

    I do like the trade down... up to maybe 9 spots.