Emmanuel Ogbah
-
We should hold next years draft in here ...then we can be just like the jets a boo every single pick .....
-
EXACTLY........ Anyone, whether here on this forum or media idiots, declaring our or any team's draft is a winner or loser, is nothing more than a wannabe draft guru. Only time will tell, and it won't lie.
Time will tell has just been historically bad for us.
That being said I don't have any issue with the ogbah pick.
-
-
-
-
Ogbah was awesome during Sr. Bowl practices... but not in the game.
He was awesome in a couple games (or so I've heard), but the cut-downs I saw not so much. If a coach can find his "kill switch" and remove it, then maybe he works out.
Nassib? Just the opposite. All motor... but he lacks Ogbah's physical gifts... which can't be taught.
Dunno maybe we can mate them...
Or maybe we are going to a 4-3...
Beats the fuck outta me...
-
Has nothing to do with losing weight. They drafted Horton guysSo why not just take a guy or two that actually have played OLB? Now we're counting on two guys to shed 15 pounds and learn new positions. It's odd.
-
First impressions from what I'm watching..
- He doesn't have the dip and bend ability to get under a tackle and consistently turn the corner
- Rarely uses his hands
- No counter move to speak of
- No setup move either
- Don't see the lateral agility to move to OLB
The good.
- Long arms
- Good burst and get off
- Decent strength
- Good awareness stacking and shedding to the ball carrier
I don't see the transition to backer going well without losing 10-15 pounds.
I still believe this team would have been better served by going Lawson, trading down, taking Michael Thomas then working from there. This kid is Krugers replacement in time, I feel Lawson was more naturally suited and already had reps at a similar SOLB spot.
-
And doing what with them?
260 lb LBs across the field?
An Indy-style, undersized, 3-4 D from the 2000's?
And doing what with them?
260 lb LBs across the field?
An Indy-style, undersized, 3-4 D from the 2000's?
I'd like to point out that Indy style defense was great when Peyton and Co. put up points but when the Patriots and Chargers were patient enough to run the ball - that defense had zero answer.
edit: Nassib is going to the 5tech. That simple.
-
First impressions from what I'm watching..
- He doesn't have the dip and bend ability to get under a tackle and consistently turn the corner
- Rarely uses his hands
- No counter move to speak of
- No setup move either
- Don't see the lateral agility to move to OLB
The good.
- Long arms
- Good burst and get off
- Decent strength
- Good awareness stacking and shedding to the ball carrier
I don't see the transition to backer going well without losing 10-15 pounds.
I still believe this team would have been better served by going Lawson, trading down, taking Michael Thomas then working from there. This kid is Krugers replacement in time, I feel Lawson was more naturally suited and already had reps at a similar SOLB spot.
First impressions from what I'm watching..
- He doesn't have the dip and bend ability to get under a tackle and consistently turn the corner
- Don't see the lateral agility to move to OLB
So a tweener?
I'd like to point out that Indy style defense was great when Peyton and Co. put up points but when the Patriots and Chargers were patient enough to run the ball - that defense had zero answer.
edit: Nassib is going to the 5tech. That simple.
What's a "tech"?

I'd like to point out that I did not say Indy's style worked. It had it's moments (mostly when Bob Sanders was healthy) when they had a healthy lead, but more often, it did not pan out.
-
First impressions from what I'm watching..
- He doesn't have the dip and bend ability to get under a tackle and consistently turn the corner
- Don't see the lateral agility to move to OLB
So a tweener?
I'd like to point out that Indy style defense was great when Peyton and Co. put up points but when the Patriots and Chargers were patient enough to run the ball - that defense had zero answer.
edit: Nassib is going to the 5tech. That simple.
What's a "tech"?

I'd like to point out that I did not say Indy's style worked. It had it's moments (mostly when Bob Sanders was healthy) when they had a healthy lead, but more often, it did not pan out.
So a tweener?
What's a "tech"?

I'd like to point out that I did not say Indy's style worked. It had it's moments (mostly when Bob Sanders was healthy) when they had a healthy lead, but more often, it did not pan out.
I was just enforcing the point that the Colts defense was built to rush the passer and play with a lead. When that wasn't the case they were taken to task for it.
-
That's a defense which wasn't "built" at all. They had DE's and played prevent behind it.. Feel the innovation.
-
The Browns had Ogbah as a first round talent. Both the de's they drafted could
be coached up, and really make a difference in the pass rush.
Nice picks.
-
First that Indy d we're speaking of was a 4-3 with freeney and Mathis as the de's. The philosophy was stopping the run on the way to the qb.
In any case, I agree Lawson was the pick I'd we weren't gonna take spence. Don't know why we didn't take spence if we were targeting nassib in the 3rd.
-
Of all the teams that didn't take Spence I am sure the drafters of Manziel and Gordon don't need to explain why
-
Is he good? Hell yes he's good...but can he be great?? That's the question. Scouts like to talk about how Ogbah got stonewalled by Tunsil, but NOBODY has said one word about how Ogbah blew up against my Florida State Seminoles. Yeah...like 3 sacks on Jameis Winston (maybe you heard of him) and not to mention basically EVERYONE on that line got drafted into NFL. Oh, and he had a pass deflection or two in the same game. He's good, just needs to maintain his motor like Nassib does. Ogbah is 6'4 and 274 pounds. He runs a 4.67 40 (not a typo) and has strong hands that people don't shake out of. Combine him with Orchard and Kruger, and we have a nice little rotation. And Nassib might be better than all of them getting to the qb.
-
We needed more competition at OLB; so, this might help. We just have to wait and see how he turns out now in the NFL.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login