Skip to content

Emmanuel Ogbah

The Browns Board
73 33 3.2k
  • That's a defense which wasn't "built" at all. They had DE's and played prevent behind it.. Feel the innovation.

  • The Browns had Ogbah as a first round talent. Both the de's they drafted could

    be coached up, and really make a difference in the pass rush.

    Nice picks.

  • First that Indy d we're speaking of was a 4-3 with freeney and Mathis as the de's. The philosophy was stopping the run on the way to the qb.

    In any case, I agree Lawson was the pick I'd we weren't gonna take spence. Don't know why we didn't take spence if we were targeting nassib in the 3rd.

  • Of all the teams that didn't take Spence I am sure the drafters of Manziel and Gordon don't need to explain why

  • Is he good? Hell yes he's good...but can he be great?? That's the question. Scouts like to talk about how Ogbah got stonewalled by Tunsil, but NOBODY has said one word about how Ogbah blew up against my Florida State Seminoles. Yeah...like 3 sacks on Jameis Winston (maybe you heard of him) and not to mention basically EVERYONE on that line got drafted into NFL. Oh, and he had a pass deflection or two in the same game. He's good, just needs to maintain his motor like Nassib does. Ogbah is 6'4 and 274 pounds. He runs a 4.67 40 (not a typo) and has strong hands that people don't shake out of. Combine him with Orchard and Kruger, and we have a nice little rotation. And Nassib might be better than all of them getting to the qb.

  • We needed more competition at OLB; so, this might help. We just have to wait and see how he turns out now in the NFL.

  • Not feeling Ogbah at OLB... not at all...

  • Who did all you guys want? A guy with major drug issues or one of two guys who may never recover from knee injuries? Stop complaining about everything. It's the second round. Not everyone is Joey Bosa.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    Who did all you guys want? A guy with major drug issues or one of two guys who may never recover from knee injuries? Stop complaining about everything. It's the second round. Not everyone is Joey Bosa.

    Exactly. None of us are going to know how good this kid or this draft is until midway through the season.

    WE have a head coach who wanted to come HERE, of all places. We hate to admit it, but this has been a dungeon/graveyard for years. Give Hue, Horton, Pep some time.

    I'm 53, seen just about everything except a Super Bowl. It sucks to wait but I'm willing NOW because we look like we have a plan. Now if only Haslam can be patient, we'll all be happy here.

  • Im not sold on this one only because Im not a fan of the Browns always drafted DE's and calling them OLB's....Ogbah looks like he'll be another rush only one dimensional Kruger type of backer....and I really wanted a 3 down, stay on the field, I rush, I cover, I play the run type of OLB....

    Id rather seem him strap on a few pounds and play DE, along with Nassib and try to develop Schobert, Orchard, Mingo, Kirksey etc as the OLB's......

  • Not feeling Ogbah at OLB... not at all...

    @tour2ma said:

    Not feeling Ogbah at OLB... not at all...

    I think he might be able to be Kruger -esque. But it's going to take a long while. I don't expect double digit sacks from him... probably ever. 6-8 and hopefully a force against the run. If he can do that in a year or two ill consider it a home run.

  • Not feeling Ogbah at OLB... not at all...

    Agree, tia...

    Which is to say...

    @tour2ma said:

    Not feeling Ogbah Kruger at OLB... not at all...

    Both are de facto DEs...

  • Im not sold on this one only because Im not a fan of the Browns always drafted DE's and calling them OLB's....Ogbah looks like he'll be another rush only one dimensional Kruger type of backer....and I really wanted a 3 down, stay on the field, I rush, I cover, I play the run type of OLB....

    Id rather seem him strap on a few pounds and play DE, along with Nassib and try to develop Schobert, Orchard, Mingo, Kirksey etc as the OLB's......

    @mudfly said:

    Im not sold on this one only because Im not a fan of the Browns always drafted DE's and calling them OLB's....Ogbah looks like he'll be another rush only one dimensional Kruger type of backer....and I really wanted a 3 down, stay on the field, I rush, I cover, I play the run type of OLB....

    Id rather seem him strap on a few pounds and play DE, along with Nassib and try to develop Schobert, Orchard, Mingo, Kirksey etc as the OLB's......

    I agree with this. However, the guys we have, while supposedly being pass rush specialists, suck at pass rushing in real life. So if Ogbah can just pass rush well, he's already an improvement. Lol

  • Of all the teams that didn't take Spence I am sure the drafters of Manziel and Gordon don't need to explain why

    @londonbrown said:

    Of all the teams that didn't take Spence I am sure the drafters of Manziel and Gordon don't need to explain why

    Browns have Post Traumatic Manziel Disease so if they even see a kid once had a drink in a bar or smiled in the interview when Vegas came up, he was automatically removed from the board. 😆

  • maybe Horton's just taking us to a 4-3 and drafting DE types that can drop back into shallow coverage........LIKE I"VE BEEN FUCKING WANTING US TO DO FOR LIKE 6 FUCKING YEARS!! lol

    In any case, Ogbah needs to get way better in run defense. I wish they would just put those guys in a room and make them watch Bosa's tape over and over and over....than show them their college tape. See how you let that OL get up inside you?