Skip to content

Kruger Cut By Browns in roster trimdown

The Browns Board
107 32 3.9k
  • I was screaming to trade him last year while we could still get something

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @clevfan4life said:

    I was screaming to trade him last year while we could still get something

    No one was touching that contract.

    Zombo

    --GMs scouring the league for 30 year old LBs making 2.5 sacks per year and making $8 Mil.

  • Kruger's dismissal has nothing to do with any kind of plan.

    He's simply not a productive player in 2016.

    The fact that he signed with the Aints doesn't validate him at all.. he will be on the other side from a Pro Bowl end, and will still get dominated by a backup RT..

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @unsympathetic said:

    Kruger's dismissal has nothing to do with any kind of plan.

    He's simply not a productive player in 2016.

    The fact that he signed with the Aints doesn't validate him at all.. he will be on the other side from a Pro Bowl end, and will still get dominated by a backup RT..

    If there is a defense that is likely to be worse than the Browns, it is the Saints.

  • @wargograw said:

    That does nothing to explain Hue's disappointment in that presser.

    I've been watching the NFL for over 40 years and I've never seen a coach upbeat about cutting a guy.

    Seemed pretty mundane to me.

    He is, after all, talking about guys losing their jobs.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #86

    Zombo said:

    I've been watching the NFL for over 40 years and I've never seen a coach upbeat about cutting a guy.

    If Pet had still been around when JM was finally sent packing, you might not have been able to say that.

  • Zombo said:

    I've been watching the NFL for over 40 years and I've never seen a coach upbeat about cutting a guy.

    If Pet had still been around when JM was finally sent packing, you might not have been able to say that.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @tour2ma said:

    If Pet had still been around when JM was finally sent packing, you might not have been able to say that.

    Hilarious!

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #88

    pettine probably did a toast....

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #89

    I hope Pettine is on a yacht full of booze, broads and cigars throwing strikes at his JFF dartboard.

    Zombo

  • I hope Pettine is on a yacht full of booze, broads and cigars throwing strikes at his JFF dartboard.

    Zombo

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #90

    Zombo said:

    I hope Pettine is on a yacht full of booze, broads and cigars throwing strikes at his JFF dartboard.

    Zombo

    HA!.....me too....

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Kruger's dismissal has nothing to do with any kind of plan.

    He's simply not a productive player in 2016.

    Exactly. He was a core player that helped the Browns excel to a 3-19 record over the last season and a half.......... Not rocket science, and certainly not a conspiracy. Why some of us are in love with these former 'core' players is beyond me.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #91

    @d-bone said:

    .......... Not rocket science, and certainly not a conspiracy. Why some of us are in love with these former 'core' players is beyond me.

    Gotta read the thread D Bone....no one is saying his dismissal was a conspiracy and DEFINITELY no one is in love with Kruger...

    Haven't seen one comment that suggests he deserved anything but to be cut.....

  • @d-bone said:

    .......... Not rocket science, and certainly not a conspiracy. Why some of us are in love with these former 'core' players is beyond me.

    Gotta read the thread D Bone....no one is saying his dismissal was a conspiracy and DEFINITELY no one is in love with Kruger...

    Haven't seen one comment that suggests he deserved anything but to be cut.....

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @mudfly said:

    Gotta read the thread D Bone....no one is saying his dismissal was a conspiracy and DEFINITELY no one is in love with Kruger...

    Haven't seen one comment that suggests he deserved anything but to be cut.....

    Tough to keep the threads separated, what with every single one of them being full of whining and crying about one thing or the other...... My bad.

    Think I'll go back to my mountain biking forums and just watch the games when they're finally on, as the anticipatory doom & gloom 'round these parts is just too soul sucking.

  • I hope Pettine is on a yacht full of booze, broads and cigars throwing strikes at his JFF dartboard.

    Zombo

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #93

    Zombo said:

    I hope Pettine is on a yacht full of booze, broads and cigars throwing strikes at his JFF dartboard.

    Zombo

    Agree...it might even be a Ray Farmer dartboard!
  • @mudfly said:

    Gotta read the thread D Bone....no one is saying his dismissal was a conspiracy and DEFINITELY no one is in love with Kruger...

    Haven't seen one comment that suggests he deserved anything but to be cut.....

    Tough to keep the threads separated, what with every single one of them being full of whining and crying about one thing or the other...... My bad.

    Think I'll go back to my mountain biking forums and just watch the games when they're finally on, as the anticipatory doom & gloom 'round these parts is just too soul sucking.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #94

    @d-bone said:

    Tough to keep the threads separated, what with every single one of them being full of whining and crying about one thing or the other...... My bad.

    Think I'll go back to my mountain biking forums and just watch the games when they're finally on, as the anticipatory doom & gloom 'round these parts is just too soul sucking.

    Ok....sorry for my honesty....Ill join the chorus...

    Hue is great

    Sashi is great

    the draft was great

    all of those players will be great

    I cant wait till 4 years is up, cause we will be great!!!!!

    There....that about covers it....nice discussion. 🙂

  • @d-bone said:

    Tough to keep the threads separated, what with every single one of them being full of whining and crying about one thing or the other...... My bad.

    Think I'll go back to my mountain biking forums and just watch the games when they're finally on, as the anticipatory doom & gloom 'round these parts is just too soul sucking.

    Ok....sorry for my honesty....Ill join the chorus...

    Hue is great

    Sashi is great

    the draft was great

    all of those players will be great

    I cant wait till 4 years is up, cause we will be great!!!!!

    There....that about covers it....nice discussion. 🙂

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #95

    @mudfly said:

    Ok....sorry for my honesty....Ill join the chorus...

    Hue is great

    Sashi is great

    the draft was great

    all of those players will be great

    I cant wait till 4 years is up, cause we will be great!!!!!

    There....that about covers it....nice discussion. 🙂

    Not what I'm saying, and you know it.

    I don't mind bitching, moaning and whining on game day, as lord knows I have said some choice things in my life during the game, that if someone were to of recorded it and posted it on TwitterBookAgram, I would be the most hated man in America.

    However the incessant crying here before they have even played a single F U C K I N G game, is just mind numbing. At least give Hue and the FO, oh I don't know, a whole quarter or heck, maybe even two before proclaiming them the next former Browns' employees.

    For anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, to say the 2016 draft was/is good or bad at this stage proves to me they are completely clueless on how athletics work. Maybe the Browns drafted 14 guys who'll be out of the league in 3 years, and maybe they drafted 14 future HoFs, and maybe they drafted somewhere in between, however no one will know for a few years until the 14 guys play themselves in to, or out of the league.

    I'm going to give Hue and the FO time to prove themselves before I start to cry and whine.... How much time? That I don't know, but I'll know it when I see it, but what I do know is week 3 of their first pre-season is not the time.

    I'll be in the Tavern in two Sundays ready to cheer, yell and bitch and I'm betting some forum members will be all bitched out by then and will simply sleep through the Browns' opening day win.

  • @mudfly said:

    Ok....sorry for my honesty....Ill join the chorus...

    Hue is great

    Sashi is great

    the draft was great

    all of those players will be great

    I cant wait till 4 years is up, cause we will be great!!!!!

    There....that about covers it....nice discussion. 🙂

    Not what I'm saying, and you know it.

    I don't mind bitching, moaning and whining on game day, as lord knows I have said some choice things in my life during the game, that if someone were to of recorded it and posted it on TwitterBookAgram, I would be the most hated man in America.

    However the incessant crying here before they have even played a single F U C K I N G game, is just mind numbing. At least give Hue and the FO, oh I don't know, a whole quarter or heck, maybe even two before proclaiming them the next former Browns' employees.

    For anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, to say the 2016 draft was/is good or bad at this stage proves to me they are completely clueless on how athletics work. Maybe the Browns drafted 14 guys who'll be out of the league in 3 years, and maybe they drafted 14 future HoFs, and maybe they drafted somewhere in between, however no one will know for a few years until the 14 guys play themselves in to, or out of the league.

    I'm going to give Hue and the FO time to prove themselves before I start to cry and whine.... How much time? That I don't know, but I'll know it when I see it, but what I do know is week 3 of their first pre-season is not the time.

    I'll be in the Tavern in two Sundays ready to cheer, yell and bitch and I'm betting some forum members will be all bitched out by then and will simply sleep through the Browns' opening day win.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @d-bone said:

    I'm betting some forum members will be all bitched out by then and will simply sleep through the Browns' opening day win.

    umm...Bradford will most probably have a field day against our defense.

    Ray Horton is pretty much screwed at this point.

    The defense he's been given is missing, from last year's team, it's best DLineman, it's best LBer, 2 outside LBer's and both starting safetys. And many of the replacements are raw rookies and backups. -Good luck with that-

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #97

    Ray Horton is seriously in trouble with the current personnel, and that's not his fault. We're always told whenever we get a new regime that it will take time, and that remains true now. It would be unfair to judge our defensive coordinator's performance based on this year alone because he wasn't exactly provided a full cupboard. Add to that we cut players like Dansby, and we're a young team with largely unproven players. Remember last year when we had the most expensive defense in the damn league? It's not like we had an owner that didn't want to spend. Now we're going with a youth movement, so we know it's going to take a while before we can fully evaluate their play.

    And I have bad news. Our defense will probably get worse before it gets better. The reason? Depth. Injuries happen to every team, and when they start to mount on a team like ours, they become especially devastating because we don't have the depth of better teams. We'll need another year or two of quality drafting and occasional free agent signing, and then we can have a product that we're proud of. This is where the "it takes time and patience" adage comes into play. We finally have a coach that other teams wanted, and we have a DC with experience. Perhaps now we can FINALLY give a regime the proper amount of time to build our bedraggled franchise.

    I don't want to sound like it's all doom and gloom either. There's a chance, albeit small, that multiple young players on our team can ascend to a higher level of play and anchor our defense. Players like Nate Orchard, Chris Kirksey, Carl Nassib, Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Schobert and others can explode onto the scene and catch people by surprise. It happens in the league every year, maybe it's our turn?

    As I have said in multiple posts, the player on the defense I'm most interested in watching is Danny Shelton. Growing pains should be over. The rookie season is in the past. We've heard about his dedication to losing weight and training in various forms of martial arts, so NOW is the time to prove we weren't total idiots by drafting a player at #12 that MANY people didn't like in the football world. Not everyone was against it, not by far, but I remember reading enough analysts say that we drafted a two-down player too high, and the fact that he got pushed around by better teams worried them. He hasn't yet begun his second year, so it's far too early to judge him, but early reports are NOT good. Shelton did force one fumble that was VERY nice, but other than that, he's been a disappointment. And what's scary is, he's been ineffective against second team players. We need to snap the first round curse, and it needs to start with this guy.

  • Ray Horton is seriously in trouble with the current personnel, and that's not his fault. We're always told whenever we get a new regime that it will take time, and that remains true now. It would be unfair to judge our defensive coordinator's performance based on this year alone because he wasn't exactly provided a full cupboard. Add to that we cut players like Dansby, and we're a young team with largely unproven players. Remember last year when we had the most expensive defense in the damn league? It's not like we had an owner that didn't want to spend. Now we're going with a youth movement, so we know it's going to take a while before we can fully evaluate their play.

    And I have bad news. Our defense will probably get worse before it gets better. The reason? Depth. Injuries happen to every team, and when they start to mount on a team like ours, they become especially devastating because we don't have the depth of better teams. We'll need another year or two of quality drafting and occasional free agent signing, and then we can have a product that we're proud of. This is where the "it takes time and patience" adage comes into play. We finally have a coach that other teams wanted, and we have a DC with experience. Perhaps now we can FINALLY give a regime the proper amount of time to build our bedraggled franchise.

    I don't want to sound like it's all doom and gloom either. There's a chance, albeit small, that multiple young players on our team can ascend to a higher level of play and anchor our defense. Players like Nate Orchard, Chris Kirksey, Carl Nassib, Emmanuel Ogbah, Joe Schobert and others can explode onto the scene and catch people by surprise. It happens in the league every year, maybe it's our turn?

    As I have said in multiple posts, the player on the defense I'm most interested in watching is Danny Shelton. Growing pains should be over. The rookie season is in the past. We've heard about his dedication to losing weight and training in various forms of martial arts, so NOW is the time to prove we weren't total idiots by drafting a player at #12 that MANY people didn't like in the football world. Not everyone was against it, not by far, but I remember reading enough analysts say that we drafted a two-down player too high, and the fact that he got pushed around by better teams worried them. He hasn't yet begun his second year, so it's far too early to judge him, but early reports are NOT good. Shelton did force one fumble that was VERY nice, but other than that, he's been a disappointment. And what's scary is, he's been ineffective against second team players. We need to snap the first round curse, and it needs to start with this guy.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Ray Horton is seriously in trouble with the current personnel, and that's not his fault.

    Disagree that Ray is in trouble precisely because it is not "not his fault"... at least not now... because we are starting "2nd string" depth virtually across the board.

    He has to show two things:

    1. that he can maximize what he has... whether it's through more 4-3... great situational use of players... whatever... he has to maximize what he has.
    2. that his staff can develop players.

    On Danny... stats are going to be hard for him to come by with every play starting with a double team of #55. Just not enough on his flanks to keep that from happening.

  • I hope Pettine is on a yacht full of booze, broads and cigars throwing strikes at his JFF dartboard.

    Zombo

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #99

    Zombo said:

    I hope Pettine is on a yacht full of booze, broads and cigars throwing strikes at his JFF dartboard.

    Zombo

    How many ex coaches are the Browns still paying, I wonder.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    I'm just looking for them to play Danny and Meder in the middle of a four man line most of the time.

  • I'm just looking for them to play Danny and Meder in the middle of a four man line most of the time.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    I'm just looking for them to play Danny and Meder in the middle of a four man line most of the time.

    That would be my wish.....

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    We should play Scooby more and develop him....

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I'm just looking for them to play Danny and Meder in the middle of a four man line most of the time.

    That would be my wish.....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    That would be my wish.....

    Me too. Just don't want them to keep pluging square pegs into round holes. Switch the D to fit the players.