Draft Talk
-
From what I read, 2017 is NOT a strong year for OL, and that concerns me. Obviously, we need SO much help, and I have NO idea where that's coming from. I mean, you guys remember when we had it first and goal from like the 2 yard line and our first play was a 3 yard loss by Crow? Not that it was Crow's fault, but the point is Greco completely whiffed. I believe Crow got hit by TWO guys, so I don't know who else missed their block, but I know for sure Greco did. Crow got hit right when he got the ball! Jesus guys. Ya know, I don't put that play on Hue Jackson because, as a coach, you have to think that on first and goal from the 1 or 2, you have a pretty good chance to either get the TD or not LOSE yardage. Hue can't even call a run play. He literally can't do it.
Now, what I DO blame him for is not KNOWING that he couldn't call that run play. Should he be able to? Yes, he should be able to, but we CAN'T RIGHT NOW. Steelers were all over that Crow run, and what works really well on 1st and goal? Play action.
The good news for our team is the upcoming draft is strong with DB's and safeties. So that's good, but we obviously need a center, and we can't hang our hopes on Reiter. I keep hearing that the Browns "aren't getting their protections right." Well, whose fault is THAT? Is that the center? Is that the QB? Is that the coach? I don't know enough about football to know the answer, but from everything I hear, it's the CENTER that is supposed to call out protections. How many times did we see one of our RB's have to go up against Timmons? How does that keep happening? Ugh....I just can't right now.
-
Draft Peppers and I'll burn every bit of Browns gear I own.
-
-
I like taking Garrett and Skipper. Myles owes him one for the legal cheap shot at the knees that took him out of being a superman this year with the lingering injury. Bastard.
-
-
There's some positions where our need really doesn't correspond with availability of solid starters in free agency. Center for example, basically nobody. Free Safety - unless we sign Eric Berry in some shocking move, there's again not much going on. QB it's a given that we're not going to get our guy.
Here's a fun fuckaround scenario that I did while sick. This is assuming we'd pay for free agents under 28 and that these free agents actually hit the market and don't resign with their respective teams.
Trade:
Joe Haden + 2017 1st round pick (#22) + 2017 3rd round pick + 2018 1st round pick to the Panthers in exchange for 2017 1st round pick + (#6) + 2017 2nd round pick
Re-sign:
Jonathan Cooper, Austin Pasztor, Terrelle Pryor, Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor
Sign:
Trumaine Johnson, CB - 4 yr/ $60 million - $15 mil average
Eric Berry, FS - 5 yr/ $50 million - $10 mil average
Chance Warmack, OG - 4 yr/ $17 million - $4.25 mil average
Draft:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Jabrill Peppers, OLB, Michigan - (There's no way in hell he falls this far)
Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
Round 3 Pick 27 (DEN): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
Round 4 Pick 27 (DEN): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas
Round 5 Pick 1: Durham Smythe, TE, Notre Dame
Round 5 Pick 29: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
Round 6 Pick 1: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan
QB - Kizer/RG3/ Kessler
RB - Crow/ Duke / Perine
LT - Thomas / Bitonio
LG - Bitonio / Cooper
C - Greco / Pocic
RG - Warmack / Cooper
RT - Pazstor / Skipper
TE - Barnidge/ Smythe
WR1 - Pryor
WR2 - Coleman
WR3 - Hawkins?
RE - Garrett
DT - Shelton
LE - Nassib/Bryant
LOLB - Orchard
ILB - Davis
ILB - Kirksey
ROLB - Collins
CB1 - Johnson
CB2 - Tankersley
SCB - Taylor/ Awuzie
FS - Berry
SS - Peppers
Here's a fun fuckaround scenario that I did while sick. This is assuming we'd pay for free agents under 28 and that these free agents actually hit the market and don't resign with their respective teams.
Trade:
Joe Haden + 2017 1st round pick (#22) + 2017 3rd round pick + 2018 1st round pick to the Panthers in exchange for 2017 1st round pick + (#6) + 2017 2nd round pick
Re-sign:
Jonathan Cooper, Austin Pasztor, Terrelle Pryor, Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor
Sign:
Trumaine Johnson, CB - 4 yr/ $60 million - $15 mil average
Eric Berry, FS - 5 yr/ $50 million - $10 mil average
Chance Warmack, OG - 4 yr/ $17 million - $4.25 mil average
Draft:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Jabrill Peppers, OLB, Michigan - (There's no way in hell he falls this far)
Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
Round 3 Pick 27 (DEN): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
Round 4 Pick 27 (DEN): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas
Round 5 Pick 1: Durham Smythe, TE, Notre Dame
Round 5 Pick 29: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
Round 6 Pick 1: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan
QB - Kizer/RG3/ Kessler
RB - Crow/ Duke / Perine
LT - Thomas / Bitonio
LG - Bitonio / Cooper
C - Greco / Pocic
RG - Warmack / Cooper
RT - Pazstor / Skipper
TE - Barnidge/ Smythe
WR1 - Pryor
WR2 - Coleman
WR3 - Hawkins?
RE - Garrett
DT - Shelton
LE - Nassib/Bryant
LOLB - Orchard
ILB - Davis
ILB - Kirksey
ROLB - Collins
CB1 - Johnson
CB2 - Tankersley
SCB - Taylor/ Awuzie
FS - Berry
SS - Peppers
I like it!
Now....if only Shashi believed in signing FA talent.......
-
Here's a fun fuckaround scenario that I did while sick. This is assuming we'd pay for free agents under 28 and that these free agents actually hit the market and don't resign with their respective teams.
Trade:
Joe Haden + 2017 1st round pick (#22) + 2017 3rd round pick + 2018 1st round pick to the Panthers in exchange for 2017 1st round pick + (#6) + 2017 2nd round pick
Re-sign:
Jonathan Cooper, Austin Pasztor, Terrelle Pryor, Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor
Sign:
Trumaine Johnson, CB - 4 yr/ $60 million - $15 mil average
Eric Berry, FS - 5 yr/ $50 million - $10 mil average
Chance Warmack, OG - 4 yr/ $17 million - $4.25 mil average
Draft:
Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Jabrill Peppers, OLB, Michigan - (There's no way in hell he falls this far)
Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Ethan Pocic, C, LSU
Round 3 Pick 27 (DEN): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma
Round 4 Pick 27 (DEN): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas
Round 5 Pick 1: Durham Smythe, TE, Notre Dame
Round 5 Pick 29: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
Round 6 Pick 1: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan
QB - Kizer/RG3/ Kessler
RB - Crow/ Duke / Perine
LT - Thomas / Bitonio
LG - Bitonio / Cooper
C - Greco / Pocic
RG - Warmack / Cooper
RT - Pazstor / Skipper
TE - Barnidge/ Smythe
WR1 - Pryor
WR2 - Coleman
WR3 - Hawkins?
RE - Garrett
DT - Shelton
LE - Nassib/Bryant
LOLB - Orchard
ILB - Davis
ILB - Kirksey
ROLB - Collins
CB1 - Johnson
CB2 - Tankersley
SCB - Taylor/ Awuzie
FS - Berry
SS - Peppers
I like it!
Now....if only Shashi believed in signing FA talent.......
-
So you're a Buckeye fan moonlighting as a Browns fan, got it.
No, I'm a football fan that was born a Buckeye and a Browns fan (tragically)
Plus I know hype when I see it. As I've said before, Peppers isn't even the best DB on his own damn team.
-
Perine would be nice, and would start.
Pocic and Warmack, me likey
Skipper kinda blows.
-
Perine would be nice, and would start.
Pocic and Warmack, me likey
Skipper kinda blows.
Skipper?
-
Perine would be nice, and would start.
Pocic and Warmack, me likey
Skipper kinda blows.
Skipper?
Skipper?
Dan Skipper, Arkansas
-
Skipper?
Dan Skipper, Arkansas
Dan Skipper, Arkansas
I don't see him in the CBS Top 100 prospects. He may be one of those who is like a 3rd year junior and is not listed in the prospect reports.
-
His snap command early on in the season worried me. I'm not enough of a homer to over look that. I presume you've seen better control as the season has progressed?
Snap Command?
First time I have focused on him, tia...
JJ is an exception for his size as he is a freak combination of speed and strength.
... and quickness. His quick twitch/ strength combo out of the same set of muscles is what makes him so very special.
In college? Dude clowneys best tape is when ghosted around OL. They wouldnt get a hand on him. That and his speed is what had scouts salivating
Reads like a Mingo scouting report...
Reads like a Mingo scouting report...
Right, which is why i now look at potential pass rushers in the draft differently. Speed rushing and finesse maneuvers, no matter how spectacular they look, do nothing for me anymore. I now compare them to bosa. How do these guys deal when the play is right at them and they're forced to go head up with a tackle or pulling guard. Why im higher on allen than garrett. Cause in the nfl they "will" get their hands on u. Garrett makes highlight reels with that freakish shoulder dip ala von miller.
-
That doesnt mean i dont think garrett might be special someday but we dont have a history of developing players. So the more nfl ready a guy is in terms of power, thats what i look for.
-
That doesnt mean i dont think garrett might be special someday but we dont have a history of developing players. So the more nfl ready a guy is in terms of power, thats what i look for.
That doesnt mean i dont think garrett might be special someday but we dont have a history of developing players. So the more nfl ready a guy is in terms of power, thats what i look for.
OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.
Character? OK.
-
That doesnt mean i dont think garrett might be special someday but we dont have a history of developing players. So the more nfl ready a guy is in terms of power, thats what i look for.
OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.
Character? OK.
OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.
What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.
-
OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.
What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.
What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.
And I am a defense first guy so I understand your choice, but just come from a different perspective, especially when one looks like a 3 season no brainer and the other with 1 season question marks.
-
What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.
And I am a defense first guy so I understand your choice, but just come from a different perspective, especially when one looks like a 3 season no brainer and the other with 1 season question marks.
And I am a defense first guy so I understand your choice, but just come from a different perspective, especially when one looks like a 3 season no brainer and the other with 1 season question marks.
Or...is your pespective: "I am an Aggie guy, and I want the Aggie guy to go #1"?
Don't get me wrong, he may be a great choice. And this defense needs a guy like that. But I think the team needs a franchise QB. This team needs a resurrection ....and only a QB, I believe can work that miracle.
-
-
Still with work to do...
- I see Allen as our first R1; D. Bryant/Sheldon/Allen looks like a 3-4 dream DL...
- TCPO's Kizer at the top of R2 does it for me... a 2nd QB later? Not so much...
- Our Philly pick? Catch me later...
Still with work to do...
- I see Allen as our first R1; D. Bryant/Sheldon/Allen looks like a 3-4 dream DL...
- TCPO's Kizer at the top of R2 does it for me... a 2nd QB later? Not so much...
- Our Philly pick? Catch me later...
Couldn't pass up Cooper Rush in the 6th. That guy screams "developmental QB".
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login