Skip to content

Draft Talk

Locked The Browns Board
1.4k 63 38.7k
  • Draft Peppers and I'll burn every bit of Browns gear I own.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Draft Peppers and I'll burn every bit of Browns gear I own.

    That good, huh?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    I like taking Garrett and Skipper. Myles owes him one for the legal cheap shot at the knees that took him out of being a superman this year with the lingering injury. Bastard.

  • Draft Peppers and I'll burn every bit of Browns gear I own.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Draft Peppers and I'll burn every bit of Browns gear I own.

    So you're a Buckeye fan moonlighting as a Browns fan, got it.

  • @gftchris said:

    There's some positions where our need really doesn't correspond with availability of solid starters in free agency. Center for example, basically nobody. Free Safety - unless we sign Eric Berry in some shocking move, there's again not much going on. QB it's a given that we're not going to get our guy.

    Here's a fun fuckaround scenario that I did while sick. This is assuming we'd pay for free agents under 28 and that these free agents actually hit the market and don't resign with their respective teams.

    Trade:

    Joe Haden + 2017 1st round pick (#22) + 2017 3rd round pick + 2018 1st round pick to the Panthers in exchange for 2017 1st round pick + (#6) + 2017 2nd round pick

    Re-sign:

    Jonathan Cooper, Austin Pasztor, Terrelle Pryor, Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor

    Sign:

    Trumaine Johnson, CB - 4 yr/ $60 million - $15 mil average

    Eric Berry, FS - 5 yr/ $50 million - $10 mil average

    Chance Warmack, OG - 4 yr/ $17 million - $4.25 mil average

    Draft:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

    Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Jabrill Peppers, OLB, Michigan - (There's no way in hell he falls this far)

    Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

    Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

    Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

    Round 3 Pick 27 (DEN): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

    Round 4 Pick 27 (DEN): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas

    Round 5 Pick 1: Durham Smythe, TE, Notre Dame

    Round 5 Pick 29: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

    Round 6 Pick 1: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan

    QB - Kizer/RG3/ Kessler

    RB - Crow/ Duke / Perine

    LT - Thomas / Bitonio

    LG - Bitonio / Cooper

    C - Greco / Pocic

    RG - Warmack / Cooper

    RT - Pazstor / Skipper

    TE - Barnidge/ Smythe

    WR1 - Pryor

    WR2 - Coleman

    WR3 - Hawkins?

    RE - Garrett

    DT - Shelton

    LE - Nassib/Bryant

    LOLB - Orchard

    ILB - Davis

    ILB - Kirksey

    ROLB - Collins

    CB1 - Johnson

    CB2 - Tankersley

    SCB - Taylor/ Awuzie

    FS - Berry

    SS - Peppers

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Here's a fun fuckaround scenario that I did while sick. This is assuming we'd pay for free agents under 28 and that these free agents actually hit the market and don't resign with their respective teams.

    Trade:

    Joe Haden + 2017 1st round pick (#22) + 2017 3rd round pick + 2018 1st round pick to the Panthers in exchange for 2017 1st round pick + (#6) + 2017 2nd round pick

    Re-sign:

    Jonathan Cooper, Austin Pasztor, Terrelle Pryor, Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor

    Sign:

    Trumaine Johnson, CB - 4 yr/ $60 million - $15 mil average

    Eric Berry, FS - 5 yr/ $50 million - $10 mil average

    Chance Warmack, OG - 4 yr/ $17 million - $4.25 mil average

    Draft:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

    Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Jabrill Peppers, OLB, Michigan - (There's no way in hell he falls this far)

    Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

    Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

    Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

    Round 3 Pick 27 (DEN): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

    Round 4 Pick 27 (DEN): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas

    Round 5 Pick 1: Durham Smythe, TE, Notre Dame

    Round 5 Pick 29: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

    Round 6 Pick 1: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan

    QB - Kizer/RG3/ Kessler

    RB - Crow/ Duke / Perine

    LT - Thomas / Bitonio

    LG - Bitonio / Cooper

    C - Greco / Pocic

    RG - Warmack / Cooper

    RT - Pazstor / Skipper

    TE - Barnidge/ Smythe

    WR1 - Pryor

    WR2 - Coleman

    WR3 - Hawkins?

    RE - Garrett

    DT - Shelton

    LE - Nassib/Bryant

    LOLB - Orchard

    ILB - Davis

    ILB - Kirksey

    ROLB - Collins

    CB1 - Johnson

    CB2 - Tankersley

    SCB - Taylor/ Awuzie

    FS - Berry

    SS - Peppers

    I like it!

    Now....if only Shashi believed in signing FA talent.......

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Here's a fun fuckaround scenario that I did while sick. This is assuming we'd pay for free agents under 28 and that these free agents actually hit the market and don't resign with their respective teams.

    Trade:

    Joe Haden + 2017 1st round pick (#22) + 2017 3rd round pick + 2018 1st round pick to the Panthers in exchange for 2017 1st round pick + (#6) + 2017 2nd round pick

    Re-sign:

    Jonathan Cooper, Austin Pasztor, Terrelle Pryor, Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor

    Sign:

    Trumaine Johnson, CB - 4 yr/ $60 million - $15 mil average

    Eric Berry, FS - 5 yr/ $50 million - $10 mil average

    Chance Warmack, OG - 4 yr/ $17 million - $4.25 mil average

    Draft:

    Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

    Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Jabrill Peppers, OLB, Michigan - (There's no way in hell he falls this far)

    Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

    Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

    Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

    Round 3 Pick 27 (DEN): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

    Round 4 Pick 27 (DEN): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas

    Round 5 Pick 1: Durham Smythe, TE, Notre Dame

    Round 5 Pick 29: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

    Round 6 Pick 1: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan

    QB - Kizer/RG3/ Kessler

    RB - Crow/ Duke / Perine

    LT - Thomas / Bitonio

    LG - Bitonio / Cooper

    C - Greco / Pocic

    RG - Warmack / Cooper

    RT - Pazstor / Skipper

    TE - Barnidge/ Smythe

    WR1 - Pryor

    WR2 - Coleman

    WR3 - Hawkins?

    RE - Garrett

    DT - Shelton

    LE - Nassib/Bryant

    LOLB - Orchard

    ILB - Davis

    ILB - Kirksey

    ROLB - Collins

    CB1 - Johnson

    CB2 - Tankersley

    SCB - Taylor/ Awuzie

    FS - Berry

    SS - Peppers

    I like it!

    Now....if only Shashi believed in signing FA talent.......

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @mudfly said:

    I like it!

    Now....if only Shashi believed in signing FA talent.......

    If the age and cost lines up, I don't see them shying away from it.

    I'd put the line in the sand at 28, I don't think they want to bring in anyone over 28.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Draft Peppers and I'll burn every bit of Browns gear I own.

    So you're a Buckeye fan moonlighting as a Browns fan, got it.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So you're a Buckeye fan moonlighting as a Browns fan, got it.

    No, I'm a football fan that was born a Buckeye and a Browns fan (tragically)

    Plus I know hype when I see it. As I've said before, Peppers isn't even the best DB on his own damn team.

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Perine would be nice, and would start.

    Pocic and Warmack, me likey

    Skipper kinda blows.

  • Perine would be nice, and would start.

    Pocic and Warmack, me likey

    Skipper kinda blows.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Perine would be nice, and would start.

    Pocic and Warmack, me likey

    Skipper kinda blows.

    Skipper?

  • @wargograw said:

    Perine would be nice, and would start.

    Pocic and Warmack, me likey

    Skipper kinda blows.

    Skipper?

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Skipper?

    Dan Skipper, Arkansas

  • @the-gipper said:

    Skipper?

    Dan Skipper, Arkansas

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Dan Skipper, Arkansas

    I don't see him in the CBS Top 100 prospects. He may be one of those who is like a 3rd year junior and is not listed in the prospect reports.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    His snap command early on in the season worried me. I'm not enough of a homer to over look that. I presume you've seen better control as the season has progressed?

    Snap Command?

    First time I have focused on him, tia...

    @tiamat63 said:

    JJ is an exception for his size as he is a freak combination of speed and strength.

    ... and quickness. His quick twitch/ strength combo out of the same set of muscles is what makes him so very special.

    @clevfan4life said:

    In college? Dude clowneys best tape is when ghosted around OL. They wouldnt get a hand on him. That and his speed is what had scouts salivating

    Reads like a Mingo scouting report...

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Reads like a Mingo scouting report...

    Right, which is why i now look at potential pass rushers in the draft differently. Speed rushing and finesse maneuvers, no matter how spectacular they look, do nothing for me anymore. I now compare them to bosa. How do these guys deal when the play is right at them and they're forced to go head up with a tackle or pulling guard. Why im higher on allen than garrett. Cause in the nfl they "will" get their hands on u. Garrett makes highlight reels with that freakish shoulder dip ala von miller.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    That doesnt mean i dont think garrett might be special someday but we dont have a history of developing players. So the more nfl ready a guy is in terms of power, thats what i look for.

  • That doesnt mean i dont think garrett might be special someday but we dont have a history of developing players. So the more nfl ready a guy is in terms of power, thats what i look for.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @clevfan4life said:

    That doesnt mean i dont think garrett might be special someday but we dont have a history of developing players. So the more nfl ready a guy is in terms of power, thats what i look for.

    OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.

    Character? OK.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    That doesnt mean i dont think garrett might be special someday but we dont have a history of developing players. So the more nfl ready a guy is in terms of power, thats what i look for.

    OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.

    Character? OK.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.

    What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.

    What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @the-gipper said:

    What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.

    And I am a defense first guy so I understand your choice, but just come from a different perspective, especially when one looks like a 3 season no brainer and the other with 1 season question marks.

  • @the-gipper said:

    What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.

    And I am a defense first guy so I understand your choice, but just come from a different perspective, especially when one looks like a 3 season no brainer and the other with 1 season question marks.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    And I am a defense first guy so I understand your choice, but just come from a different perspective, especially when one looks like a 3 season no brainer and the other with 1 season question marks.

    Or...is your pespective: "I am an Aggie guy, and I want the Aggie guy to go #1"?

    Don't get me wrong, he may be a great choice. And this defense needs a guy like that. But I think the team needs a franchise QB. This team needs a resurrection ....and only a QB, I believe can work that miracle.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Still with work to do...

    • I see Allen as our first R1; D. Bryant/Sheldon/Allen looks like a 3-4 dream DL...
    • TCPO's Kizer at the top of R2 does it for me... a 2nd QB later? Not so much...
    • Our Philly pick? Catch me later...
  • Still with work to do...

    • I see Allen as our first R1; D. Bryant/Sheldon/Allen looks like a 3-4 dream DL...
    • TCPO's Kizer at the top of R2 does it for me... a 2nd QB later? Not so much...
    • Our Philly pick? Catch me later...
    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Still with work to do...

    • I see Allen as our first R1; D. Bryant/Sheldon/Allen looks like a 3-4 dream DL...
    • TCPO's Kizer at the top of R2 does it for me... a 2nd QB later? Not so much...
    • Our Philly pick? Catch me later...

    Couldn't pass up Cooper Rush in the 6th. That guy screams "developmental QB".

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    Plus his is a very cool name... COOOOOOOOOOper RuSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

  • Still with work to do...

    • I see Allen as our first R1; D. Bryant/Sheldon/Allen looks like a 3-4 dream DL...
    • TCPO's Kizer at the top of R2 does it for me... a 2nd QB later? Not so much...
    • Our Philly pick? Catch me later...
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Still with work to do...

    • I see Allen as our first R1; D. Bryant/Sheldon/Allen looks like a 3-4 dream DL...
    • TCPO's Kizer at the top of R2 does it for me... a 2nd QB later? Not so much...
    • Our Philly pick? Catch me later...

    Why bother when they will take Trubisky #1?