***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***
-
-
-
- Our run game actually wasn't horrible - 15 rushes from Duke and Crow for 84 yards, (5.6 ypc), and RG3 picked up good yards on the ground. Up
- I *hope* that by about game 6 or 7, we start to actually look like a team that has what it takes to play in this league, otherwise we'll see a lot of trading back in next year's draft and picking up a lot more players.
- Yeah... it was horrible. Crow got 40 of his yards on 3 carries in the last minute of the game. So in non-garbage time we had 12 rushes for 44 yds.
- And that's about the right time frame. Both Gordon and Armonty should be settled in by then, some of the shine should be off the rookies.
At one time they were Lawson stores.....back in the days of real Cleveland Browns football and redcap beer.
lol... I worked at a Lawson's at Pearl and York intersection... and later for one on State Road. I miss their French Onion Chip Dip...
- Yeah... it was horrible. Crow got 40 of his yards on 3 carries in the last minute of the game. So in non-garbage time we had 12 rushes for 44 yds.
- And that's about the right time frame. Both Gordon and Armonty should be settled in by then, some of the shine should be off the rookies.
lol... I worked at a Lawson's at Pearl and York intersection... and later for one on State Road. I miss their French Onion Chip Dip...
-
Tour worked?

-
Ups and Downs. Plenty of downs. Let's see:
Rough first quarter. No pressure on the rookie QB, and pass D non existent. Down
Good response and adjustments in the second quarter from the D. Up
A couple of big plays on O in that second quarter. Up.
Still went in at the half down 13-7. Down.
Came out quite strong after the half with a good drive, putting points on the board, then got the stop immediately and got the ball back. We looked like a mediocre football team... Biggest Up.
Cam Erving happened. Down.
Our D played worse and worse afterwards. Down
Our O couldn't get anything going. Down
We were stuck with poor field position all day, with our O going 3 and out, or 5 and out, and our D not doing the same to them. Down
Our run game actually wasn't horrible - 15 rushes from Duke and Crow for 84 yards, (5.6 ypc), and RG3 picked up good yards on the ground. Up
Our passing game was horrible. Two big plays to Pryor and Coleman, combined for 102 yards. Outside of that, RG3 was 10-24, for 88 yards. Biggest down
Carl Nassib and Ogbah showed up, look like they will be contributors. Up
Our DL didn't look much, and we let them get off some big runs, particularly Barner. Down
Our pass D was horrible. Literally abysmal. We will get absolutely shredded, and that's *if* Haden can stay healthy. If not, look out for opposition offenses not even having to take advantage of our leaky run D. Down.
No stupid penalties - 12 men on the field, illegal formation etc. Well, one, Pryor lining up 6 inches too far forward - I'll let him off that if he learns from it. Up
Tackling. Or rather, lack of. A lot of times we were in position to make a tackle (up!) but didn't wrap up. It looks like we have about 4 players who can tackle properly and they're DBs and ILBs. Down
It's going to be a long season, folks. Our pass D is starting off bad, outside of about 20 minutes (second quarter and early third). Our pas O is worse at the moment. Our run game is ok, actually, but that won't last if we can't get something going through the air.
I *hope* that by about game 6 or 7, we start to actually look like a team that has what it takes to play in this league, otherwise we'll see a lot of trading back in next year's draft and picking up a lot more players.
Ups and Downs. Plenty of downs. Let's see:
Rough first quarter. No pressure on the rookie QB, and pass D non existent. Down
Good response and adjustments in the second quarter from the D. Up
A couple of big plays on O in that second quarter. Up.
Still went in at the half down 13-7. Down.
Came out quite strong after the half with a good drive, putting points on the board, then got the stop immediately and got the ball back. We looked like a mediocre football team... Biggest Up.
Cam Erving happened. Down.
Our D played worse and worse afterwards. Down
Our O couldn't get anything going. Down
We were stuck with poor field position all day, with our O going 3 and out, or 5 and out, and our D not doing the same to them. Down
Our run game actually wasn't horrible - 15 rushes from Duke and Crow for 84 yards, (5.6 ypc), and RG3 picked up good yards on the ground. Up
Our passing game was horrible. Two big plays to Pryor and Coleman, combined for 102 yards. Outside of that, RG3 was 10-24, for 88 yards. Biggest down
Carl Nassib and Ogbah showed up, look like they will be contributors. Up
Our DL didn't look much, and we let them get off some big runs, particularly Barner. Down
Our pass D was horrible. Literally abysmal. We will get absolutely shredded, and that's *if* Haden can stay healthy. If not, look out for opposition offenses not even having to take advantage of our leaky run D. Down.
No stupid penalties - 12 men on the field, illegal formation etc. Well, one, Pryor lining up 6 inches too far forward - I'll let him off that if he learns from it. Up
Tackling. Or rather, lack of. A lot of times we were in position to make a tackle (up!) but didn't wrap up. It looks like we have about 4 players who can tackle properly and they're DBs and ILBs. Down
It's going to be a long season, folks. Our pass D is starting off bad, outside of about 20 minutes (second quarter and early third). Our pas O is worse at the moment. Our run game is ok, actually, but that won't last if we can't get something going through the air.
I *hope* that by about game 6 or 7, we start to actually look like a team that has what it takes to play in this league, otherwise we'll see a lot of trading back in next year's draft and picking up a lot more players.
OK, you saved me typing up my analysis of the game. Only disagreement- as Tour pointed out, a lot of those rushing yards came in garbage time. 44 before that.

Guys, I just hate this crap. I HATE IT.
In a previous post I made last week, I stated that we would lose this game because "It just makes too much sense." The Browns losing to the QB that "wasn't good enough" and wouldn't be "in the top 20" that we could've drafted made too much sense. It would become a fantastic story line, and one that would make the sporting world laugh at us hysterically. Boy, was I right. Not only did we lose, but we lost in glorious fashion. Our QB looked terrible. Even the two long balls were awful. Pryor pushed off, and Coleman's ball was thrown into triple coverage. Everyone in the universe knew that we'd kick a FG after Coleman's catch, and we should've kicked a FG after Pryor's but got saved by pass interference.
Carson Wentz will have his fair share of struggles this year, as virtually all rookies do. But here's the thing, if Wentz turns into viable starting QB, or god forbid a SUPERSTAR, then our front office is doomed. I'm telling you now, if we blew the chance at getting a franchise QB, our management team is gone. Now, this is ONE GAME, and nobody is anointing Wentz the next Big Ben. But here's what I can tell you: I've never, and I mean NEVER heard of a rookie QB missing the last 3 preseason games, not being the starter in OTA's or minicamp, practicing ONE WEEK before the start of the season, and winning the first game.
RG III was awful and I hate it. Yes, it's week 1, but let's remember this: NOBODY ELSE WANTED HIM as a starter. Hue Jackson wants everyone to trust him, but why should they? He drafted Cody Kessler. Cody freaking Kessler. And while nobody is calling him a bust, I think it's safe to say that nobody is predicting him to EVER be "the man" for us.
We had no first downs in the first quarter. I'm all excited about football, and those assholes come out looking like pieces of shit. If we're going to absolutely suck, why not play Kessler? What do we have to lose? Let's see if he has what it takes! What do we gain by playing RG III? Are we hoping that he magically turns into a drop back QB? That he magically develops an internal clock?
RG III missed Hawkins in the end zone for a TOUCHDOWN. You can't miss those throws. Jesus man. What's worse? It's pretty much the same throw that Wentz made for TD's. He made it TWICE.
Yeah, I knew we'd be bad this year. I really did. But fuck this team. Screw them for a fake punt that everyone is laughing at. Screw them for dropping four passes. Screw them for SNAPPING THE BALL TO NIGERIA.
LOL, "Let the HATE flow through you son." Darth Sidious. Since I'm being accused of being a meanie Negative Nancy, I'll let you do my dirty work for me. I dare any of the sunshine crowd dispute anything you wrote.

Optimism:
Scooby will start over Davis next year
Pryor will be a solid #3 all year long
Rookies made the team because talent on the Browns roster simply doesn't exist yet
We'll still be #1 or #2 in next year's draft no matter what happens
Schobert and Ogbah will both be solid, as will Orchard who is set to be a starter-level injury backup for us -- until OLB is improved in the draft, hopefully next year as well
Bright spots. "Wait till next year" - again. If the Browns don't take a swing at a franchise qb next spring, I'll question Sashi and Depos sanity- because from what I've seen out of Griffin in the first 5 games, he sure as hell isn't one. Trying to "develop" a guy who's been in the NFL 4 seasons is an exercise in futility- MHO. Everything the boo-birds were saying about Griffin's flaws & the reasons why the Redskins dumped him- have been proven true to this point. Cody "McCoy II" Kessler? You kidding me?
You really need to find a cutdown of all RG's throws and watch it. He was late on virtually every one... especially those over the middle which included the tipped INT which was thrown almost a yard behind his WR.
He's in serious need of a processor upgrade.
His targeting computer is way off too. I've yet to rewatch the debacle, but my initial take was RG III threw a boatload of passes 10 feet or more off off target. That misguided fade to Hawkins- which was a sure TD was particularly galling. Most decent NFL QBs can make that throw with their eyes closed, in their sleep.
- Yeah... it was horrible. Crow got 40 of his yards on 3 carries in the last minute of the game. So in non-garbage time we had 12 rushes for 44 yds.
- And that's about the right time frame. Both Gordon and Armonty should be settled in by then, some of the shine should be off the rookies.
lol... I worked at a Lawson's at Pearl and York intersection... and later for one on State Road. I miss their French Onion Chip Dip...
Want me to bring some to Naples? Or I'll UPS it down to you in a refrigerated box. LOL my deceased cat Boynton thought that Lawson's Chip Dip was the most wonderful substance in the world. We caught him up on the kitchen counter once, and he had sucked down a 1\2 tub of it.
-
Ups and Downs. Plenty of downs. Let's see:
Rough first quarter. No pressure on the rookie QB, and pass D non existent. Down
Good response and adjustments in the second quarter from the D. Up
A couple of big plays on O in that second quarter. Up.
Still went in at the half down 13-7. Down.
Came out quite strong after the half with a good drive, putting points on the board, then got the stop immediately and got the ball back. We looked like a mediocre football team... Biggest Up.
Cam Erving happened. Down.
Our D played worse and worse afterwards. Down
Our O couldn't get anything going. Down
We were stuck with poor field position all day, with our O going 3 and out, or 5 and out, and our D not doing the same to them. Down
Our run game actually wasn't horrible - 15 rushes from Duke and Crow for 84 yards, (5.6 ypc), and RG3 picked up good yards on the ground. Up
Our passing game was horrible. Two big plays to Pryor and Coleman, combined for 102 yards. Outside of that, RG3 was 10-24, for 88 yards. Biggest down
Carl Nassib and Ogbah showed up, look like they will be contributors. Up
Our DL didn't look much, and we let them get off some big runs, particularly Barner. Down
Our pass D was horrible. Literally abysmal. We will get absolutely shredded, and that's *if* Haden can stay healthy. If not, look out for opposition offenses not even having to take advantage of our leaky run D. Down.
No stupid penalties - 12 men on the field, illegal formation etc. Well, one, Pryor lining up 6 inches too far forward - I'll let him off that if he learns from it. Up
Tackling. Or rather, lack of. A lot of times we were in position to make a tackle (up!) but didn't wrap up. It looks like we have about 4 players who can tackle properly and they're DBs and ILBs. Down
It's going to be a long season, folks. Our pass D is starting off bad, outside of about 20 minutes (second quarter and early third). Our pas O is worse at the moment. Our run game is ok, actually, but that won't last if we can't get something going through the air.
I *hope* that by about game 6 or 7, we start to actually look like a team that has what it takes to play in this league, otherwise we'll see a lot of trading back in next year's draft and picking up a lot more players.
OK, you saved me typing up my analysis of the game. Only disagreement- as Tour pointed out, a lot of those rushing yards came in garbage time. 44 before that.

Guys, I just hate this crap. I HATE IT.
In a previous post I made last week, I stated that we would lose this game because "It just makes too much sense." The Browns losing to the QB that "wasn't good enough" and wouldn't be "in the top 20" that we could've drafted made too much sense. It would become a fantastic story line, and one that would make the sporting world laugh at us hysterically. Boy, was I right. Not only did we lose, but we lost in glorious fashion. Our QB looked terrible. Even the two long balls were awful. Pryor pushed off, and Coleman's ball was thrown into triple coverage. Everyone in the universe knew that we'd kick a FG after Coleman's catch, and we should've kicked a FG after Pryor's but got saved by pass interference.
Carson Wentz will have his fair share of struggles this year, as virtually all rookies do. But here's the thing, if Wentz turns into viable starting QB, or god forbid a SUPERSTAR, then our front office is doomed. I'm telling you now, if we blew the chance at getting a franchise QB, our management team is gone. Now, this is ONE GAME, and nobody is anointing Wentz the next Big Ben. But here's what I can tell you: I've never, and I mean NEVER heard of a rookie QB missing the last 3 preseason games, not being the starter in OTA's or minicamp, practicing ONE WEEK before the start of the season, and winning the first game.
RG III was awful and I hate it. Yes, it's week 1, but let's remember this: NOBODY ELSE WANTED HIM as a starter. Hue Jackson wants everyone to trust him, but why should they? He drafted Cody Kessler. Cody freaking Kessler. And while nobody is calling him a bust, I think it's safe to say that nobody is predicting him to EVER be "the man" for us.
We had no first downs in the first quarter. I'm all excited about football, and those assholes come out looking like pieces of shit. If we're going to absolutely suck, why not play Kessler? What do we have to lose? Let's see if he has what it takes! What do we gain by playing RG III? Are we hoping that he magically turns into a drop back QB? That he magically develops an internal clock?
RG III missed Hawkins in the end zone for a TOUCHDOWN. You can't miss those throws. Jesus man. What's worse? It's pretty much the same throw that Wentz made for TD's. He made it TWICE.
Yeah, I knew we'd be bad this year. I really did. But fuck this team. Screw them for a fake punt that everyone is laughing at. Screw them for dropping four passes. Screw them for SNAPPING THE BALL TO NIGERIA.
LOL, "Let the HATE flow through you son." Darth Sidious. Since I'm being accused of being a meanie Negative Nancy, I'll let you do my dirty work for me. I dare any of the sunshine crowd dispute anything you wrote.

Optimism:
Scooby will start over Davis next year
Pryor will be a solid #3 all year long
Rookies made the team because talent on the Browns roster simply doesn't exist yet
We'll still be #1 or #2 in next year's draft no matter what happens
Schobert and Ogbah will both be solid, as will Orchard who is set to be a starter-level injury backup for us -- until OLB is improved in the draft, hopefully next year as well
Bright spots. "Wait till next year" - again. If the Browns don't take a swing at a franchise qb next spring, I'll question Sashi and Depos sanity- because from what I've seen out of Griffin in the first 5 games, he sure as hell isn't one. Trying to "develop" a guy who's been in the NFL 4 seasons is an exercise in futility- MHO. Everything the boo-birds were saying about Griffin's flaws & the reasons why the Redskins dumped him- have been proven true to this point. Cody "McCoy II" Kessler? You kidding me?
You really need to find a cutdown of all RG's throws and watch it. He was late on virtually every one... especially those over the middle which included the tipped INT which was thrown almost a yard behind his WR.
He's in serious need of a processor upgrade.
His targeting computer is way off too. I've yet to rewatch the debacle, but my initial take was RG III threw a boatload of passes 10 feet or more off off target. That misguided fade to Hawkins- which was a sure TD was particularly galling. Most decent NFL QBs can make that throw with their eyes closed, in their sleep.
- Yeah... it was horrible. Crow got 40 of his yards on 3 carries in the last minute of the game. So in non-garbage time we had 12 rushes for 44 yds.
- And that's about the right time frame. Both Gordon and Armonty should be settled in by then, some of the shine should be off the rookies.
lol... I worked at a Lawson's at Pearl and York intersection... and later for one on State Road. I miss their French Onion Chip Dip...
Want me to bring some to Naples? Or I'll UPS it down to you in a refrigerated box. LOL my deceased cat Boynton thought that Lawson's Chip Dip was the most wonderful substance in the world. We caught him up on the kitchen counter once, and he had sucked down a 1\2 tub of it.
-
Comparing Manziel to Goff?
Might have to start calling you stretch armstrong.
Comparing Wentz, who is starting already and won a game against Goff, who Tour said was light years ahead and who is sitting behind Case Keenum. I heard he'll be inactive tonight.
I still like Manziel the player. Unfortunate that he's a total D Bag.
-
While getting a rare Monday off from work, I was listening to Cleveland sports radio this morning.
It was at 7:15 the station received its first "fire Hue" caller.
I don't care who the HC is, but damn we can't keep firing coaches every year or two.
While getting a rare Monday off from work, I was listening to Cleveland sports radio this morning.
It was at 7:15 the station received its first "fire Hue" caller.
I don't care who the HC is, but damn we can't keep firing coaches every year or two.
Probably read a Hoorta post.
-
no disrespect (i love animals) but how soon after that did boynton die?
sounds horrible.
Mik- Boynton lived to be 14, which is 80 in human years. Died of a heart attack, very unusual for a cat. Probably because he thought he was a human. He'd eat stuff you would never expect a cat to chow down on. Besides the usual- Dad, can I have a chunk of your steak? Chip dip, um olives, popcorn, Dad's having some port & Roquefort, he'd politely ask for some of the cheese. Wouldn't try some of Dad's wine though. He was pretty smart, to those who say you can't train a cat, Boynton was the exception. He learned "Give me your paw", "lay down", "play dead". If you're wondering how he got his name- well, he looked like a big grey fur ball Boynton.
-
While getting a rare Monday off from work, I was listening to Cleveland sports radio this morning.
It was at 7:15 the station received its first "fire Hue" caller.
I don't care who the HC is, but damn we can't keep firing coaches every year or two.
Probably read a Hoorta post.
Probably read a Hoorta post.
D-Nile. Told ya War, the Natives are VERY restless in Cleveland. They don't need any encouragement from me. 99.9% of those call-in folks don't read this Message Board. I told Tour in a P-M if Wentz lit it up in the opening game they'd have the tar, feathers, rail and pitchforks handy to run the whole crew out of town. Sashi has already said they're going to ignore the background noise.
I'm willing to be patient with this coaching staff. Hue can't perform miracles with the talent he has to work with. BUT if Griffin continues to stink- I would at least hope Jackson is willing to admit he seriously misjudged Griffin's potential as a starter.
-
Probably read a Hoorta post.
D-Nile. Told ya War, the Natives are VERY restless in Cleveland. They don't need any encouragement from me. 99.9% of those call-in folks don't read this Message Board. I told Tour in a P-M if Wentz lit it up in the opening game they'd have the tar, feathers, rail and pitchforks handy to run the whole crew out of town. Sashi has already said they're going to ignore the background noise.
I'm willing to be patient with this coaching staff. Hue can't perform miracles with the talent he has to work with. BUT if Griffin continues to stink- I would at least hope Jackson is willing to admit he seriously misjudged Griffin's potential as a starter.
After listening to Cleveland sports radio most of the day, I would say the general consensus is there's definitely buyers remorse for passing on Wentz.D-Nile. Told ya War, the Natives are VERY restless in Cleveland. They don't need any encouragement from me. 99.9% of those call-in folks don't read this Message Board. I told Tour in a P-M if Wentz lit it up in the opening game they'd have the tar, feathers, rail and pitchforks handy to run the whole crew out of town. Sashi has already said they're going to ignore the background noise.
I'm willing to be patient with this coaching staff. Hue can't perform miracles with the talent he has to work with. BUT if Griffin continues to stink- I would at least hope Jackson is willing to admit he seriously misjudged Griffin's potential as a starter.
I'm not going to fall into that category...yet, but if Wentz ends up going to the Pro Bowl the next couple of years Jimmah will need to hold the Harvard boys accountable.
-
Comparing Manziel to Goff? Might have to start calling you stretch armstrong.
What did "Stretch" ever do to you?
>lol... 40 hours round the clock Florida to Ohio... Lotta 2-lane roads thru Georgia speed traps in those days.
Want me to bring some to Naples? Or I'll UPS it down to you in a refrigerated box. LOL my deceased cat Boynton thought that Lawson's Chip Dip was the most wonderful substance in the world. We caught him up on the kitchen counter once, and he had sucked down a 1\2 tub of it.
Boynton should have added red wine to his diet to counteract that bad stuff...
Is the dip still available? I'll spring for the Ruffles if it is...
-
Comparing Manziel to Goff?
Might have to start calling you stretch armstrong.
Comparing Wentz, who is starting already and won a game against Goff, who Tour said was light years ahead and who is sitting behind Case Keenum. I heard he'll be inactive tonight.
I still like Manziel the player. Unfortunate that he's a total D Bag.
Comparing Wentz, who is starting already and won a game against Goff, who Tour said was light years ahead and who is sitting behind Case Keenum. I heard he'll be inactive tonight.
I still like Manziel the player. Unfortunate that he's a total D Bag.
Not my words, but I'll own the sentiment and will stick by Jared for now... vs. Wentz or JM.
Worst I can do is .500...
-
Both offense and defense are looking much better as the game goes on, maybe there is still hope
Both offense and defense are looking much better as the game goes on, maybe there is still hope
hokey dokey...pfffft....how the fuck is irving still in the nfl....
-
Probably read a Hoorta post.
D-Nile. Told ya War, the Natives are VERY restless in Cleveland. They don't need any encouragement from me. 99.9% of those call-in folks don't read this Message Board. I told Tour in a P-M if Wentz lit it up in the opening game they'd have the tar, feathers, rail and pitchforks handy to run the whole crew out of town. Sashi has already said they're going to ignore the background noise.
I'm willing to be patient with this coaching staff. Hue can't perform miracles with the talent he has to work with. BUT if Griffin continues to stink- I would at least hope Jackson is willing to admit he seriously misjudged Griffin's potential as a starter.
D-Nile. Told ya War, the Natives are VERY restless in Cleveland. They don't need any encouragement from me. 99.9% of those call-in folks don't read this Message Board. I told Tour in a P-M if Wentz lit it up in the opening game they'd have the tar, feathers, rail and pitchforks handy to run the whole crew out of town. Sashi has already said they're going to ignore the background noise.
I'm willing to be patient with this coaching staff. Hue can't perform miracles with the talent he has to work with. BUT if Griffin continues to stink- I would at least hope Jackson is willing to admit he seriously misjudged Griffin's potential as a starter.
You hurt, not help. Simple as that.
Sashi tuning out background news is totally vital when it's Sashi's job being evaluated. Lol
-
D-Nile. Told ya War, the Natives are VERY restless in Cleveland. They don't need any encouragement from me. 99.9% of those call-in folks don't read this Message Board. I told Tour in a P-M if Wentz lit it up in the opening game they'd have the tar, feathers, rail and pitchforks handy to run the whole crew out of town. Sashi has already said they're going to ignore the background noise.
I'm willing to be patient with this coaching staff. Hue can't perform miracles with the talent he has to work with. BUT if Griffin continues to stink- I would at least hope Jackson is willing to admit he seriously misjudged Griffin's potential as a starter.
You hurt, not help. Simple as that.
Sashi tuning out background news is totally vital when it's Sashi's job being evaluated. Lol
You hurt, not help. Simple as that.
Sashi tuning out background news is totally vital when it's Sashi's job being evaluated. Lol
Gosh- whatever. If you want to lead the cheer leading squad- be my guest. My position should be perfectly clear to you by now. I'm certainly not going to back down from my POV. This is a Big Boy forum. Most of the guys who post here on a regular basis are adult enough to make up their own minds about what they're seeing from the Browns. I seriously doubt me taking a wait and see attitude, and calling a spade a spade- lousy play- is going to influence other posters here (and certainly not the legion of boo-birds over on cleveland.com). That stuff has been going on for 10+ years, and it sure as hell isn't going to change now.
-
no disrespect (i love animals) but how soon after that did boynton die?
sounds horrible.
Mik- Boynton lived to be 14, which is 80 in human years. Died of a heart attack, very unusual for a cat. Probably because he thought he was a human. He'd eat stuff you would never expect a cat to chow down on. Besides the usual- Dad, can I have a chunk of your steak? Chip dip, um olives, popcorn, Dad's having some port & Roquefort, he'd politely ask for some of the cheese. Wouldn't try some of Dad's wine though. He was pretty smart, to those who say you can't train a cat, Boynton was the exception. He learned "Give me your paw", "lay down", "play dead". If you're wondering how he got his name- well, he looked like a big grey fur ball Boynton.
. Probably because he thought he was a human. He'd eat stuff you would never expect a cat to chow down on. Besides the usual- Dad, can I have a chunk of your steak? Chip dip, um olives, popcorn, Dad's having some port & Roquefort,
last dog before this one would eat salad with italian dressing. this one's favorite is spaghetti and meatballs.
-
2. I still give Coleman credit for playing the ball well. I get it, it's not going to be on a highlight reel but it's a lot better than what we've seen from Browns WR's the past few years.
3. True, but I do think it's a "little column A, little column B" argument. They were getting gashed, but it's easier to get gashed when you are tired from being on the field 3/4 of the game. Don't get me wrong, the defense isn't good at all. But I'd like to see what the damage looks like if the Browns could at least get that to close to even in terms of time on the field.
Agree... more a comment on the throw (if you can call it that) than the catch.
Also agree... just pointing out that there was another significant factor...
Browns "drives" were:
1. 3 and out / 2. 3 and out / 3. 4 and out (counting the fake punt) / 4. 9 and TD / 5. 7 and INT / 6. 4 and Halftime
7. 4 and FG / 8. 1 and Safety / 9. 5 and out / 10. 3 and out/ 11. 3 and out / 12. 3 and out / 13. 3 and end of game
Eagles drives were:
1. 10 and TD / 2. 7 and out / 3. 5 and missed FG / 4. 4 and FG / 5. 3 and out / 6. 10 and FG
7. 7 and out / 8. 9 and TD / 9. 6 and out / 10. 4 and out / 11. 10 and out / 12. 6 and TD
Agree... more a comment on the throw (if you can call it that) than the catch.
Also agree... just pointing out that there was another significant factor...
Browns "drives" were:
1. 3 and out / 2. 3 and out / 3. 4 and out (counting the fake punt) / 4. 9 and TD / 5. 7 and INT / 6. 4 and Halftime
7. 4 and FG / 8. 1 and Safety / 9. 5 and out / 10. 3 and out/ 11. 3 and out / 12. 3 and out / 13. 3 and end of game
Eagles drives were:
1. 10 and TD / 2. 7 and out / 3. 5 and missed FG / 4. 4 and FG / 5. 3 and out / 6. 10 and FG
7. 7 and out / 8. 9 and TD / 9. 6 and out / 10. 4 and out / 11. 10 and out / 12. 6 and TD
Now that I figured out (with a couple calls to tech support) where Sunday Ticket Short Cuts disappeared to- I'll chart Griffin's misfires later on tonight. (Not that it matters much anymore).
The hoorta has graduated to assistant adjunct professor of enology at the University of Dayton. First class tonight. Helping out with a wine appreciation course. It's obviously the most popular class on campus. The Young 'uns sign up for it as freshmen, hoping they'll be off the waiting list by the time they're seniors. Only prerequisite- you have to be 21. -
Agree... more a comment on the throw (if you can call it that) than the catch.
Also agree... just pointing out that there was another significant factor...
Browns "drives" were:
1. 3 and out / 2. 3 and out / 3. 4 and out (counting the fake punt) / 4. 9 and TD / 5. 7 and INT / 6. 4 and Halftime
7. 4 and FG / 8. 1 and Safety / 9. 5 and out / 10. 3 and out/ 11. 3 and out / 12. 3 and out / 13. 3 and end of game
Eagles drives were:
1. 10 and TD / 2. 7 and out / 3. 5 and missed FG / 4. 4 and FG / 5. 3 and out / 6. 10 and FG
7. 7 and out / 8. 9 and TD / 9. 6 and out / 10. 4 and out / 11. 10 and out / 12. 6 and TD
Now that I figured out (with a couple calls to tech support) where Sunday Ticket Short Cuts disappeared to- I'll chart Griffin's misfires later on tonight. (Not that it matters much anymore).
The hoorta has graduated to assistant adjunct professor of enology at the University of Dayton. First class tonight. Helping out with a wine appreciation course. It's obviously the most popular class on campus. The Young 'uns sign up for it as freshmen, hoping they'll be off the waiting list by the time they're seniors. Only prerequisite- you have to be 21. Now that I figured out (with a couple calls to tech support) where Sunday Ticket Short Cuts disappeared to- I'll chart Griffin's misfires later on tonight. (Not that it matters much anymore).
The hoorta has graduated to assistant adjunct professor of enology at the University of Dayton. First class tonight. Helping out with a wine appreciation course. It's obviously the most popular class on campus. The Young 'uns sign up for it as freshmen, hoping they'll be off the waiting list by the time they're seniors. Only prerequisite- you have to be 21. Can you teach your class up here? For my son's major in molecular biology at Kenyon (I think it was part of his major), he took a class on microbrewing. A far more scientific process than people may think. I assume the same is true of wine.
-
I completely agree but why do draft Corey Coleman? In what world did Sashi & Hue get in a room and say Corey Coleman is a top 15 player in college football? They drafted him on a perceived need and thought he filled that need, not sure you draft a #2 WR with the 15th pick.
1.Hue was the only one to stand behind Wentz at his pro day..2.0 FA's resigned by Sashi due to Farmers stupidity handling. 3.With RG3 on board, the decision was made to Steal from Philly. 4.It's game 1 of Wentz, till we plug in names in draft it's only a attempted robbery..Bet Hues $$ is on not trading down in 17.Hue must take Top Talent now.. Sashi's had his day & way in 2016..Hope for the best..(who was that guy that would never draft a top WR? well volume may work or not at this point)
1.Hue was the only one to stand behind Wentz at his pro day..2.0 FA's resigned by Sashi due to Farmers stupidity handling. 3.With RG3 on board, the decision was made to Steal from Philly. 4.It's game 1 of Wentz, till we plug in names in draft it's only a attempted robbery..Bet Hues $$ is on not trading down in 17.Hue must take Top Talent now.. Sashi's had his day & way in 2016..Hope for the best..(who was that guy that would never draft a top WR? well volume may work or not at this point)
Still don't know how any of that supports drafting Corey Coleman at #15.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login