Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Eagles Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
334 48 12.6k
  • The first couple seasons of Always Sunny... made me laugh as hard as any sitcom ever has.

  • The first couple seasons of Always Sunny... made me laugh as hard as any sitcom ever has.

    @tour2ma said:

    The first couple seasons of Always Sunny... made me laugh as hard as any sitcom ever has.

    I think Devito ruined it, but yeah the first couple seasons were awesome....WILD CARD!
  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Now that I've had time to think about McCown starting, I'm a little upset that we didn't trade him when we had the chance. Josh can play some ball, and while he's obviously far from perfect, he can still sling it. He'll push the ball downfield, be decently accurate, and hang tough in the pocket (sometimes TOO tough). He'll move the offense pretty well, but stall inside the red zone because we don't have enough viable targets yet. Lots of field goals, lots of field goals...

    Josh might play well enough to knock us out of the top draft spot, and that's the problem. If your team is going to suck, why not COMPLETELY suck? We drafted Cody Kessler for a reason, so why not throw his ass in there? Baptism by fire...sink or swim. If by a miracle he turns out to show promise, then we hit the lottery. If he's not progressing, then we can draft whoever we want with the top pick. But McCown might catch fire a few times this year and win 4-5 games. That somewhat scares me.

    On the other hand, Josh might make us more watchable, and that's a good thing. Many of us spend big bucks each year watching our team, going to games, or whatever. Josh moving the chains and putting some points on the board might make us a lot more fun to tolerate. Perhaps McCown gives us the best opportunity to truly evaluate our cupboard full of new receivers, and that is definitely a good thing.

    I remember thinking last year, "Man...McCown can really sling the ball. I wonder what he could do with a guy like Josh Gordon?" Well, it appears like we might get that chance to see what Josh cooks up with an elite talent. We're going to be down a bunch of points in many games, and that means we're going to have to throw the ball. If you have Josh Gordon on your fantasy team, his value just went way up. This is also good for Corey Coleman. Nobody liked watching his awful drop last week, but Josh will be good for the kid. He'll settle him down and build a working relationship. Josh might be the best thing for Coleman, and it's about time a first round draft pick showed their worth in Cleveland. Fingers crossed.

    Defense wasn't that terrible against the Eagles, and they appeared to get drained by the end of the game. Biggest problem was they didn't force turnovers. Had some chances too...

    Now that Josh is starting you wish we would have traded him?

    You guys that think we have to 0-16 to get good perplex me. Like we have to be super-bad to put ourself in position to get the right draft picks.

    We have been Super Bad for years! It's not about drafting in the right spot, it's about drafting the right players.

    I could care less about next years draft right now. I am excited to watch these young guys we have learn in Hue's system and then we will restock next year and hopefully draft the right guys and be much better.

    Josh at QB actually gives guys like Coleman a chance to develop ... he's a veteran with a big arm which puts the entire playbook in play.

    Let's go out and play football and be the best team we can be. The front office is doing a great job accumulating draft picks, don't worry about where we end up, look for progress, look for signs, look for the talent that is on the field and how it is being brought along. We've got two first rounders, we will be players in the draft. Let's hope Josh beats Baltimore and move forward from there.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Now that Josh is starting you wish we would have traded him?

    You guys that think we have to 0-16 to get good perplex me. Like we have to be super-bad to put ourself in position to get the right draft picks.

    We have been Super Bad for years! It's not about drafting in the right spot, it's about drafting the right players.

    I could care less about next years draft right now. I am excited to watch these young guys we have learn in Hue's system and then we will restock next year and hopefully draft the right guys and be much better.

    Josh at QB actually gives guys like Coleman a chance to develop ... he's a veteran with a big arm which puts the entire playbook in play.

    Let's go out and play football and be the best team we can be. The front office is doing a great job accumulating draft picks, don't worry about where we end up, look for progress, look for signs, look for the talent that is on the field and how it is being brought along. We've got two first rounders, we will be players in the draft. Let's hope Josh beats Baltimore and move forward from there.

    Zombo

    Nah, we don't have to go 0-16, 2-14 will probably do it. MHO- Griffin stunk so bad against the Eagles McCown can't possibly do any worse. The is "Suck for Luck" revisited, I'm certainly not in denial over that fact. The National Media is literally Laughing out loud at the Browns incompetence.

    Cheer up Z- next year with 2 firsts, two seconds, (that's 4 in the first 64) plus a couple compensatory picks in the 4th and 5th (that can now be traded) we had better get at least a couple pro bowlers out of that.

    @flyin-j said:

    Actually we'll probably only have to chose whether we like saying Deshone or Deshaun better.

    Right now it's Deshone, but Notre Dame quarterbacks give me the heebie jeebies. (Quinn, Clausen) As long as we have one of the top 2 picks, we'll be fine.

  • @tour2ma said:

    The first couple seasons of Always Sunny... made me laugh as hard as any sitcom ever has.

    I think Devito ruined it, but yeah the first couple seasons were awesome....WILD CARD!

    @flyin-j said:

    I think Devito ruined it, but yeah the first couple seasons were awesome....WILD CARD!

    You're fucking with us, right?

  • Zombo said:

    Now that Josh is starting you wish we would have traded him?

    You guys that think we have to 0-16 to get good perplex me. Like we have to be super-bad to put ourself in position to get the right draft picks.

    We have been Super Bad for years! It's not about drafting in the right spot, it's about drafting the right players.

    I could care less about next years draft right now. I am excited to watch these young guys we have learn in Hue's system and then we will restock next year and hopefully draft the right guys and be much better.

    Josh at QB actually gives guys like Coleman a chance to develop ... he's a veteran with a big arm which puts the entire playbook in play.

    Let's go out and play football and be the best team we can be. The front office is doing a great job accumulating draft picks, don't worry about where we end up, look for progress, look for signs, look for the talent that is on the field and how it is being brought along. We've got two first rounders, we will be players in the draft. Let's hope Josh beats Baltimore and move forward from there.

    Zombo

    Nah, we don't have to go 0-16, 2-14 will probably do it. MHO- Griffin stunk so bad against the Eagles McCown can't possibly do any worse. The is "Suck for Luck" revisited, I'm certainly not in denial over that fact. The National Media is literally Laughing out loud at the Browns incompetence.

    Cheer up Z- next year with 2 firsts, two seconds, (that's 4 in the first 64) plus a couple compensatory picks in the 4th and 5th (that can now be traded) we had better get at least a couple pro bowlers out of that.

    @flyin-j said:

    Actually we'll probably only have to chose whether we like saying Deshone or Deshaun better.

    Right now it's Deshone, but Notre Dame quarterbacks give me the heebie jeebies. (Quinn, Clausen) As long as we have one of the top 2 picks, we'll be fine.

    @hoorta said:

    Nah, we don't have to go 0-16, 2-14 will probably do it. MHO- Griffin stunk so bad against the Eagles McCown can't possibly do any worse. The is "Suck for Luck" revisited, I'm certainly not in denial over that fact. The National Media is literally Laughing out loud at the Browns incompetence.

    Cheer up Z- next year with 2 firsts, two seconds, (that's 4 in the first 64) plus a couple compensatory picks in the 4th and 5th (that can now be traded) we had better get at least a couple pro bowlers out of that.

    Right now it's Deshone, but Notre Dame quarterbacks give me the heebie jeebies. (Quinn, Clausen) As long as we have one of the top 2 picks, we'll be fine.

    Cheer up??? I think I'm the only one that loves this team!

    You guys enjoy talking about the draft and moaning like miserable mopes.

    Zombo

  • @hoorta said:

    Nah, we don't have to go 0-16, 2-14 will probably do it. MHO- Griffin stunk so bad against the Eagles McCown can't possibly do any worse. The is "Suck for Luck" revisited, I'm certainly not in denial over that fact. The National Media is literally Laughing out loud at the Browns incompetence.

    Cheer up Z- next year with 2 firsts, two seconds, (that's 4 in the first 64) plus a couple compensatory picks in the 4th and 5th (that can now be traded) we had better get at least a couple pro bowlers out of that.

    Right now it's Deshone, but Notre Dame quarterbacks give me the heebie jeebies. (Quinn, Clausen) As long as we have one of the top 2 picks, we'll be fine.

    Cheer up??? I think I'm the only one that loves this team!

    You guys enjoy talking about the draft and moaning like miserable mopes.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Cheer up??? I think I'm the only one that loves this team!

    It could be the rest of us have a 2-bag limit...

  • Zombo said:

    Cheer up??? I think I'm the only one that loves this team!

    It could be the rest of us have a 2-bag limit...

    @tour2ma said:

    It could be the rest of us have a 2-bag limit...

    That team from 2015, that was the limit for me.

    Manziel, Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert ... Pettine, Farmer and the worst draft selections of all time ... that was a hard team to stomach, I can't blame anyone for not liking that team.

    But ... BAM ... they're gone!

    And replaced with a young team we can grow with as fans.

    We rebooted a miserable 3-13 team ... sure losing is hard to stomach ... but what were you guys expecting the first year??

    I love watching a young guy like Carl Nassib ... we nailed a pick ... and a third rounder!

    Coleman looks to have great skills ... Kindred, Oggie, Schoebert ... football players!

    We replaced a bunch of sacks of shits and pussies like Mingo and Gilbert with young productive guys. Or did you enjoy rooting for old slow outside linebackers that couldn't get to the QB anymore?

    We NEEDED to go scorched earth. Finally we have a real plan, from the beginning, and I am going to enjoy every second of it .. I can't wait to see them line up Sunday and see who emerges this week.

    Finally, we have a coach who is not just here to be here, but is on an effing mission.

    14368837_10154126410074081_6388997863547

    I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.

    Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.

    Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.

    Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.

    Go Browns. Let's see these young guys smack some Ravens around.

    Zombo

  • @tour2ma said:

    It could be the rest of us have a 2-bag limit...

    That team from 2015, that was the limit for me.

    Manziel, Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert ... Pettine, Farmer and the worst draft selections of all time ... that was a hard team to stomach, I can't blame anyone for not liking that team.

    But ... BAM ... they're gone!

    And replaced with a young team we can grow with as fans.

    We rebooted a miserable 3-13 team ... sure losing is hard to stomach ... but what were you guys expecting the first year??

    I love watching a young guy like Carl Nassib ... we nailed a pick ... and a third rounder!

    Coleman looks to have great skills ... Kindred, Oggie, Schoebert ... football players!

    We replaced a bunch of sacks of shits and pussies like Mingo and Gilbert with young productive guys. Or did you enjoy rooting for old slow outside linebackers that couldn't get to the QB anymore?

    We NEEDED to go scorched earth. Finally we have a real plan, from the beginning, and I am going to enjoy every second of it .. I can't wait to see them line up Sunday and see who emerges this week.

    Finally, we have a coach who is not just here to be here, but is on an effing mission.

    14368837_10154126410074081_6388997863547

    I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.

    Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.

    Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.

    Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.

    Go Browns. Let's see these young guys smack some Ravens around.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.

    Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.

    Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.

    Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.

    Go Browns. Let's see these young guys smack some Ravens around.

    Zombo

    The past is past- and Ray has been Farmed out, as was Phil Savage and a host of other losers. Just saw one of the guys that The Hoorta was screaming we should take (Ladainian Tomlinson) got nominated for the HOF. (He's not the only potential HOFer that was still on the board when we drafted either.) If they had listened to my sage drafting acumen, we wouldn't have had to deal with the Quinn Fags, Wee-Dones, or Johnny Juicers either. Yes Mr. Zombo that's why the Browns have continued to suck- they have drafted like shit, and drafted shit. Like Jeremiah Pharms arrested for robbery before he ever made it to training camp, and the very forgettable Beau Bell. Mohamed Massive Drop, Brian Slowbiski, Davie Veikune, the list is almost endless. But I'm seeing faint signs of hope from this draft class. Judgement reserved.

    🙂🙂🙂 I know we're going to be good, maybe even really good, come 2018 season. I'm not bitching about how bad we're going to be this year- just being realistic, and sort of laughing through the growing pains. I've resigned myself to the Dumpster Dive for one of the Ds. No sense getting upset or losing sleep over it.

    To put it in Ghoolie terms- I'm sort of worried about our Fatass Samoan Danny. He's not looking like a dominant first round pick right now.

  • @flyin-j said:

    I think Devito ruined it, but yeah the first couple seasons were awesome....WILD CARD!

    You're fucking with us, right?

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're fucking with us, right?

    No joke. Frank is fucking great.

  • I enjoy seeing the new faces, even if I question the QB situation we were placed in. And I pass on judging the team until the second half of the season. I want to see hope blossom during games 9-16 and something besides trade downs if we have great (not just good) players we can add to the youth movement.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're fucking with us, right?

    No joke. Frank is fucking great.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    No joke. Frank is fucking great.

    Took a good show and turned into a great one. Classic lines from that character.

    'and me...? I like banging whooores'.

  • @tour2ma said:

    It could be the rest of us have a 2-bag limit...

    That team from 2015, that was the limit for me.

    Manziel, Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert ... Pettine, Farmer and the worst draft selections of all time ... that was a hard team to stomach, I can't blame anyone for not liking that team.

    But ... BAM ... they're gone!

    And replaced with a young team we can grow with as fans.

    We rebooted a miserable 3-13 team ... sure losing is hard to stomach ... but what were you guys expecting the first year??

    I love watching a young guy like Carl Nassib ... we nailed a pick ... and a third rounder!

    Coleman looks to have great skills ... Kindred, Oggie, Schoebert ... football players!

    We replaced a bunch of sacks of shits and pussies like Mingo and Gilbert with young productive guys. Or did you enjoy rooting for old slow outside linebackers that couldn't get to the QB anymore?

    We NEEDED to go scorched earth. Finally we have a real plan, from the beginning, and I am going to enjoy every second of it .. I can't wait to see them line up Sunday and see who emerges this week.

    Finally, we have a coach who is not just here to be here, but is on an effing mission.

    14368837_10154126410074081_6388997863547

    I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.

    Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.

    Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.

    Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.

    Go Browns. Let's see these young guys smack some Ravens around.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    14368837_10154126410074081_6388997863547

    Go Browns. Let's see these young guys smack some Ravens around.

    Zombo

    Right there with you Z..It's The Brian Billick Bowl.(0-16) It's on a Board somewhere in that Locker Room. Hope they run threw a wall for this Guy Gameday...

  • @tour2ma said:

    It could be the rest of us have a 2-bag limit...

    That team from 2015, that was the limit for me.

    Manziel, Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert ... Pettine, Farmer and the worst draft selections of all time ... that was a hard team to stomach, I can't blame anyone for not liking that team.

    But ... BAM ... they're gone!

    And replaced with a young team we can grow with as fans.

    We rebooted a miserable 3-13 team ... sure losing is hard to stomach ... but what were you guys expecting the first year??

    I love watching a young guy like Carl Nassib ... we nailed a pick ... and a third rounder!

    Coleman looks to have great skills ... Kindred, Oggie, Schoebert ... football players!

    We replaced a bunch of sacks of shits and pussies like Mingo and Gilbert with young productive guys. Or did you enjoy rooting for old slow outside linebackers that couldn't get to the QB anymore?

    We NEEDED to go scorched earth. Finally we have a real plan, from the beginning, and I am going to enjoy every second of it .. I can't wait to see them line up Sunday and see who emerges this week.

    Finally, we have a coach who is not just here to be here, but is on an effing mission.

    14368837_10154126410074081_6388997863547

    I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.

    Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.

    Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.

    Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.

    Go Browns. Let's see these young guys smack some Ravens around.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Manziel, Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert ... Pettine, Farmer and the worst draft selections of all time ... that was a hard team to stomach, I can't blame anyone for not liking that team.

    We rebooted a miserable 3-13 team ... sure losing is hard to stomach ... but what were you guys expecting the first year??

    I love watching a young guy like Carl Nassib ... we nailed a pick ... and a third rounder!

    Coleman looks to have great skills ... Kindred, Oggie, Schoebert ... football players!

    We replaced a bunch of sacks of shits and pussies like Mingo and Gilbert with young productive guys. Or did you enjoy rooting for old slow outside linebackers that couldn't get to the QB anymore?

    We NEEDED to go scorched earth. Finally we have a real plan, from the beginning, and I am going to enjoy every second of it .. I can't wait to see them line up Sunday and see who emerges this week.

    Finally, we have a coach who is not just here to be here, but is on an effing mission.

    I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.

    Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.

    Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.

    Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.

    Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.

    I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.

    What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.

    Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...

    I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...

    As I told you a while ago...

    @tour2ma said:

    Will a Phoenix rise from the ashes? I, too, will be looking for signs of it.

    But as for "the train"... think I'll walk on ahead to the next station. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for it to catch up to me.

    Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.

    And your train is still sitting in the station...

    You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.

  • https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-football-cle-phi-grades-carson-wentz-stars-nfl-debut/

    PFF rundown of top performers for each team. In shocking news, Bitonio, Thomas and Greco were among the top O guys, Davis & Kirksey on top on the D - along with an apparently improved Danny Shelton.

    ===================================

    In exchange for stockpiling resources at other positions, the Browns were committed to rolling with a re-tread at quarterback. The Hue Jackson-RG III partnership could still flourish, but the first test proved a failure. Two long completions aside – both more to do with receivers at the catch point than RG III’s location – the Browns struggled to move the football. Even discounting the four dropped passes and a throwaway, Cleveland’s new quarterback was accurate on just 12 of 21 attempts. He failed to notice an Eagles’ linebacker lurking underneath on a crucial red-zone turnover, with the Browns down just a field goal. Jordan Hicks diverted the flight, and Rodney McLeod sealed the takeaway with a diving grab. Cleveland, and RG III, never recovered.

    Top offensive grades:

    LG Joel Bitonio, 81.1
    RG John Greco, 77.0
    LT Joe Thomas, 76.3
    WR Terrelle Pryor, 75.5
    HB Isaiah Crowell, 72.9

    Veteran lineman run the show

    Although not quite at his usual elite level, Joe Thomas still stood out as one of the Browns’ top performers. He loves to get his hands dirty in the run game, earning a 78.8 grade in that facet of play. Thomas did give up a rare sack to Connor Barwin, but emerged from the rest of the game largely unscathed. Additional physicality is provided from the interior by guards John Greco and Joel Bitonio. Each also earned a grade of 78 during their run blocking assignments, generating vertical movement at the line of scrimmage. Together, they could form the backbone of an outstanding.

    Top defensive grades:

    Chris Kirksey, 83.2
    Demario Davis, 78.9
    Jordan Poyer, 76.4
    Joe Haden, 75.9
    Danny Shelton, 72.7

    Interior should be improved

    New pair of inside linebackers Demario Davis and Chris Kirksey made a strong start to their career as a tandem. They were both aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage, nullifying any potential yardage after contact. The pair finished with four stops apiece, limiting the Eagles’ run game considerably. In coverage, they allowed only four catches from six targets for 24 yards. The apparent improvement of Danny Shelton is also encouraging. He was highly disruptive in his 42 snaps, even if he wasn’t always able to finish plays. As well as the new haul of rookies, the development of draftees from previous season will also be key.

  • Zombo said:

    Manziel, Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert ... Pettine, Farmer and the worst draft selections of all time ... that was a hard team to stomach, I can't blame anyone for not liking that team.

    We rebooted a miserable 3-13 team ... sure losing is hard to stomach ... but what were you guys expecting the first year??

    I love watching a young guy like Carl Nassib ... we nailed a pick ... and a third rounder!

    Coleman looks to have great skills ... Kindred, Oggie, Schoebert ... football players!

    We replaced a bunch of sacks of shits and pussies like Mingo and Gilbert with young productive guys. Or did you enjoy rooting for old slow outside linebackers that couldn't get to the QB anymore?

    We NEEDED to go scorched earth. Finally we have a real plan, from the beginning, and I am going to enjoy every second of it .. I can't wait to see them line up Sunday and see who emerges this week.

    Finally, we have a coach who is not just here to be here, but is on an effing mission.

    I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.

    Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.

    Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.

    Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.

    Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.

    I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.

    What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.

    Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...

    I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...

    As I told you a while ago...

    @tour2ma said:

    Will a Phoenix rise from the ashes? I, too, will be looking for signs of it.

    But as for "the train"... think I'll walk on ahead to the next station. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for it to catch up to me.

    Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.

    And your train is still sitting in the station...

    You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.

    @tour2ma said:

    Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...

    I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...

    And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...

    I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...

    And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.

    Do you want them to take a QB just for the sake of it though? Hackenburg, Barkley, Geno Smith, lots of guys have looked good until and into their final year but not cut it in the pros. Others have come on strong in their final year and gone on to be at least serviceable QBs in the NFL.

    If there's a guy there that they like, I don't doubt they'll take him, FWIW.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...

    I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...

    And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.

    As it stands I see no sure fire franchise QB. Yet..

  • As long as Haslam owns this team.. I expect it to keep being the POS Garbage it is.. I dont doubt Haslams passion to win.. He does not have the patience or intelligence to get it done..

  • @tour2ma said:

    Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...

    I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...

    And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.

    @texasag1969 said:

    And what is scary to me is that there is no assurance that we will not repeat the draft of 2016, trading down and missing out on top QB's because someone thought a 5-6 rounder was really a 1st rounder that others were missing that we could "steal" in the 3rd.

    Nope... no assurances whatsoever... but this is a different FO, so there are also no assurances that they will repeat the errors past FOs.

    This is the type of "glass half-full/half-empty" issue I think Z may have been getting at... Personally, I see half a glass of water.

  • Zombo said:

    Manziel, Dwayne Bowe, Justin Gilbert ... Pettine, Farmer and the worst draft selections of all time ... that was a hard team to stomach, I can't blame anyone for not liking that team.

    We rebooted a miserable 3-13 team ... sure losing is hard to stomach ... but what were you guys expecting the first year??

    I love watching a young guy like Carl Nassib ... we nailed a pick ... and a third rounder!

    Coleman looks to have great skills ... Kindred, Oggie, Schoebert ... football players!

    We replaced a bunch of sacks of shits and pussies like Mingo and Gilbert with young productive guys. Or did you enjoy rooting for old slow outside linebackers that couldn't get to the QB anymore?

    We NEEDED to go scorched earth. Finally we have a real plan, from the beginning, and I am going to enjoy every second of it .. I can't wait to see them line up Sunday and see who emerges this week.

    Finally, we have a coach who is not just here to be here, but is on an effing mission.

    I love these young Brownies. I know that we NEEDED a reboot, and I am rooting for it all the way.

    Every time I see a guy start to blossom into someone that is going to be a big part of this plan I get excited.

    Hate on last year all you want. Why bitch about these guys as soon as they come out of the gate? You know what they are doing. Be patient. Quit being embarrassed to be a Browns fan and rally around these guys now ... it'll be fun, and you'll be glad you did.

    Or you can sit around bitching about whether we are going 0-16 or 2-14 and how we are "National Joke" and how we have to draft so-and-so but that we will probably blow it ... BARF! So 2015.

    Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.

    I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.

    What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.

    Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...

    I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...

    As I told you a while ago...

    @tour2ma said:

    Will a Phoenix rise from the ashes? I, too, will be looking for signs of it.

    But as for "the train"... think I'll walk on ahead to the next station. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for it to catch up to me.

    Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.

    And your train is still sitting in the station...

    You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.

    @tour2ma said:

    Lotta ranting with no basis... and really not much disagreement.

    I am being plenty patient. If you can find where I have bitched about the dismissal of any players, please point it out to me. Ditto for me being for anything short of the blow up we did. I'm being so patient I don't even feel the need to blow 9-7 smoke up my own ass.

    What I am not doing is blindly investing any emotion in a rebuild on which the jury is not only out, but has taken the year off.

    Nassib? Nice player... nice prospect... for a 4-3. May even grow into a 3-4 impact player with time. I like the potential of other rooks as well. I just wish a QB was among them...

    I am confident that there will be one on board next year. That'll be something to invest in...

    As I told you a while ago...

    Been nearly two weeks. I've had a nice walk.

    And your train is still sitting in the station...

    You do know you're not supposed to use the train's shitter while it's in the station.

    While I was responding to your post, it wasn't directed solely at you. Or even mostly at you. I am ranting at negativity in general. There was a time for that. The train HAS left the station. I'm sure you guys will be jumping on at Sixandten Crossing or Sevenandnine Station, I've decided to enjoy it from the beginning and you're all just going to have deal with me loving what we've got.

    Quit worrying about 3/4 or 4/3 ... Nassib is football player who gets after the ball ... we will tailor the defense to the talent ... that's how we roll now.

    Train .. rolling out of Stop #2 ... Calfox in the kitchen car baking cookies, War in the caboose working on a time machine ... the shitter got dumped in western PA on our way back from Philly.

    Zombo