Skip to content

Harbaugh loses all Credibility

College Football Forum
169 12 7.0k
  • - You can "suspect" whatever you want, but let's see some kind of proof to back it up

    - Players take subs from backups. Those backups play. The better the backups, the better they play. The better depth, the better the backups. The coach that has been in his spot for 5 years is probably going to have developed better depth than the coach that has been there two (that's without comparing the talent level they started with). That statement has nothing to do with the Michigan players not being as conditioned as the OSU players. If they're asked to play more than the OSU players, it would make sense they're more tired...

    - I have still yet to hear, from anyone, the justification for allowing the open OSU fan ref to ref. It's ridiculous.

  • The background of the refs.

    - 1 was previously dismissed by the Big Ten

    - 1 is an Ohio native inducted into the Ohio High School reffing HOF with the ceremony in Columbus

    and the worst

    - 1 that is an open OSU fan, that was previously banned from reffing the 2006 Michigan vs OSU game because of any perceived bias.

    How in the hell does that guy ref the game if he wasn't allowed to in 2006?

    Look, Michigan could have done a number of things slightly better to win. The fumble on the 1. The pick 6. I get that. But when you're also working against poor, potentially biased refs in a very tight game, it is a tough pill to swallow.

    @mld-woody said:

    The background of the refs.

    - 1 was previously dismissed by the Big Ten

    - 1 is an Ohio native inducted into the Ohio High School reffing HOF with the ceremony in Columbus

    and the worst

    - 1 that is an open OSU fan, that was previously banned from reffing the 2006 Michigan vs OSU game because of any perceived bias.

    How in the hell does that guy ref the game if he wasn't allowed to in 2006?

    Look, Michigan could have done a number of things slightly better to win. The fumble on the 1. The pick 6. I get that. But when you're also working against poor, potentially biased refs in a very tight game, it is a tough pill to swallow.

    You are grasping at straws woody. You ought to work for Hillary.

  • - You can "suspect" whatever you want, but let's see some kind of proof to back it up

    - Players take subs from backups. Those backups play. The better the backups, the better they play. The better depth, the better the backups. The coach that has been in his spot for 5 years is probably going to have developed better depth than the coach that has been there two (that's without comparing the talent level they started with). That statement has nothing to do with the Michigan players not being as conditioned as the OSU players. If they're asked to play more than the OSU players, it would make sense they're more tired...

    - I have still yet to hear, from anyone, the justification for allowing the open OSU fan ref to ref. It's ridiculous.

    @mld-woody said:

    - You can "suspect" whatever you want, but let's see some kind of proof to back it up

    I just looked at the items you posted. Only one of those plays should have been possibly called a penalty. I suspect that I can tell what is front of my face.

    - Players take subs from backups. Those backups play. The better the backups, the better they play. The better depth, the better the backups. The coach that has been in his spot for 5 years is probably going to have developed better depth than the coach that has been there two (that's without comparing the talent level they started with). That statement has nothing to do with the Michigan players not being as conditioned as the OSU players. If they're asked to play more than the OSU players, it would make sense they're more tired...

    I don't buy this shit. You are making excuse after excuse? "We're tired. The refs was a fan of the other team. The sun was in our eyes. Our dogs ate our playbooks. We ate spicy Mexican food.

    You lost because your QB and your defense weren't good enough. Speight was a TO machine...and the Buckeyes hammered you on the ground.

    - I have still yet to hear, from anyone, the justification for allowing the open OSU fan ref to ref. It's ridiculous.

    Here is your explanation: because he wasn't.

  • @mld-woody said:

    The background of the refs.

    - 1 was previously dismissed by the Big Ten

    - 1 is an Ohio native inducted into the Ohio High School reffing HOF with the ceremony in Columbus

    and the worst

    - 1 that is an open OSU fan, that was previously banned from reffing the 2006 Michigan vs OSU game because of any perceived bias.

    How in the hell does that guy ref the game if he wasn't allowed to in 2006?

    Look, Michigan could have done a number of things slightly better to win. The fumble on the 1. The pick 6. I get that. But when you're also working against poor, potentially biased refs in a very tight game, it is a tough pill to swallow.

    You are grasping at straws woody. You ought to work for Hillary.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    You are grasping at straws woody. You ought to work for Hillary.

    Well....Woody is saying that like Hillary...who had like 2.5 million more actual votes.......that Michigan absolutely controlled this game.

    But...they didn't.

    OSU...more first downs.

    OSU...more than double the number of rushing yards.

    OSU...triple the number of turnovers.

    Only stat Mich led in was passing yards.

    And they led in kickoff return yardage.

  • So far I've seen you say well Michigan doesn't have the talent level of osu's underclassmen, biased refs, photoshops, what next? OSU staged a terrorist attack to take the heat off JT? Get the fuck outta here with that weak shit.

  • Like hillary and the popular vote more yards don't mean shit if you lose.

  • There were also two blatant PIs that aren't called on OSU, when Michiganbwas called for the exact same thing. Just saying....

    @mld-woody said:

    There were also two blatant PIs that aren't called on OSU, when Michiganbwas called for the exact same thing. Just saying....

    stfu,Meyer gave you guys a t.d on that fuck punt so quit your bitching

  • So far I've seen you say well Michigan doesn't have the talent level of osu's underclassmen, biased refs, photoshops, what next? OSU staged a terrorist attack to take the heat off JT? Get the fuck outta here with that weak shit.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    So far I've seen you say well Michigan doesn't have the talent level of osu's underclassmen, biased refs, photoshops, what next? OSU staged a terrorist attack to take the heat off JT? Get the fuck outta here with that weak shit.

    Holy shit you guys just can't distinguish between one post and another, huh?

    - They don't have the same talent level top to bottom. That isn't debatable. It's just a fact and it played a factor. That makes OSU a better team. It isn't some hidden reason why Michigan should have won.

    - There is one ref that was kept from reffing this game in 2006 because of pro-OSU bias. Why was he allowed to ref this game?

    - The photoshop was in reference to the OP of this thread. It has nothing to do with the outcome of this game.

    Is this all clear to you now?

  • @mld-woody said:

    - You can "suspect" whatever you want, but let's see some kind of proof to back it up

    I just looked at the items you posted. Only one of those plays should have been possibly called a penalty. I suspect that I can tell what is front of my face.

    - Players take subs from backups. Those backups play. The better the backups, the better they play. The better depth, the better the backups. The coach that has been in his spot for 5 years is probably going to have developed better depth than the coach that has been there two (that's without comparing the talent level they started with). That statement has nothing to do with the Michigan players not being as conditioned as the OSU players. If they're asked to play more than the OSU players, it would make sense they're more tired...

    I don't buy this shit. You are making excuse after excuse? "We're tired. The refs was a fan of the other team. The sun was in our eyes. Our dogs ate our playbooks. We ate spicy Mexican food.

    You lost because your QB and your defense weren't good enough. Speight was a TO machine...and the Buckeyes hammered you on the ground.

    - I have still yet to hear, from anyone, the justification for allowing the open OSU fan ref to ref. It's ridiculous.

    Here is your explanation: because he wasn't.

    @the-gipper said:

    @mld-woody said:

    - I have still yet to hear, from anyone, the justification for allowing the open OSU fan ref to ref. It's ridiculous.

    Here is your explanation: because he wasn't.

    screen-shot-2016-11-27-at-8-40-05-pm.png

    http://www.athensnews.com/news/local/local-businessman-has-interesting-hobby----he-refs/article_ff61a741-18ae-57a0-ba31-a3188493324b.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

    Again, try not to act as an authority on things you don't know anything about.

    I don't see how anyone could think it made sense for this guy to ref the game, when he wasn't allowed to previously.

  • sydS syd

    @mld-woody said:

    There were also two blatant PIs that aren't called on OSU, when Michiganbwas called for the exact same thing. Just saying....

    stfu,Meyer gave you guys a t.d on that fuck punt so quit your bitching

    @syd said:

    stfu,Meyer gave you guys a t.d on that fuck punt so quit your bitching

    Right, which was a dumb play. Michigan also had dumb/unlucky plays, just like OSU did. In a close game, if those go one way or another, than can be the difference. But this thread was start, by someone else, regarding the officials so that is was we are talking about.

  • @the-gipper said:

    @mld-woody said:

    - I have still yet to hear, from anyone, the justification for allowing the open OSU fan ref to ref. It's ridiculous.

    Here is your explanation: because he wasn't.

    screen-shot-2016-11-27-at-8-40-05-pm.png

    http://www.athensnews.com/news/local/local-businessman-has-interesting-hobby----he-refs/article_ff61a741-18ae-57a0-ba31-a3188493324b.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

    Again, try not to act as an authority on things you don't know anything about.

    I don't see how anyone could think it made sense for this guy to ref the game, when he wasn't allowed to previously.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    So far I've seen you say well Michigan doesn't have the talent level of osu's underclassmen, biased refs, photoshops, what next? OSU staged a terrorist attack to take the heat off JT? Get the fuck outta here with that weak shit.

    Holy shit you guys just can't distinguish between one post and another, huh?

    - They don't have the same talent level top to bottom. That isn't debatable. It's just a fact and it played a factor. That makes OSU a better team. It isn't some hidden reason why Michigan should have won.

    - There is one ref that was kept from reffing this game in 2006 because of pro-OSU bias. Why was he allowed to ref this game?

    - The photoshop was in reference to the OP of this thread. It has nothing to do with the outcome of this game.

    Is this all clear to you now?

    @mld-woody said:

    Holy shit you guys just can't distinguish between one post and another, huh?

    - They don't have the same talent level top to bottom. That isn't debatable. It's just a fact and it played a factor. That makes OSU a better team. It isn't some hidden reason why Michigan should have won.

    - There is one ref that was kept from reffing this game in 2006 because of pro-OSU bias. Why was he allowed to ref this game?

    - The photoshop was in reference to the OP of this thread. It has nothing to do with the outcome of this game.

    Is this all clear to you now?

    I can easily distinguish when excuses are being made and straws are being grasped at.

  • @browns149 said:

    as the pot says to the kettle

    Please point to anything in this thread that I've said where I demonstrably do not know what I am talking about.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Holy shit you guys just can't distinguish between one post and another, huh?

    - They don't have the same talent level top to bottom. That isn't debatable. It's just a fact and it played a factor. That makes OSU a better team. It isn't some hidden reason why Michigan should have won.

    - There is one ref that was kept from reffing this game in 2006 because of pro-OSU bias. Why was he allowed to ref this game?

    - The photoshop was in reference to the OP of this thread. It has nothing to do with the outcome of this game.

    Is this all clear to you now?

    I can easily distinguish when excuses are being made and straws are being grasped at.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I can easily distinguish when excuses are being made and straws are being grasped at.

    You seemed to have a hard time distinguishing between what was an excuse for why we lost the game to being with. Case and point, you referenced "photoshop", which literally has 0 to do with how the game was called or turned out.

    and again, why was that ref allowed to ref the game?

  • @browns149 said:

    as the pot says to the kettle

    Please point to anything in this thread that I've said where I demonstrably do not know what I am talking about.

    @mld-woody said:

    Please point to anything in this thread that I've said where I demonstrably do not know what I am talking about.

    do you have proof the picture is photoshopped?
  • @syd said:

    stfu,Meyer gave you guys a t.d on that fuck punt so quit your bitching

    Right, which was a dumb play. Michigan also had dumb/unlucky plays, just like OSU did. In a close game, if those go one way or another, than can be the difference. But this thread was start, by someone else, regarding the officials so that is was we are talking about.

    @mld-woody said:

    Right, which was a dumb play. Michigan also had dumb/unlucky plays, just like OSU did. In a close game, if those go one way or another, than can be the difference. But this thread was start, by someone else, regarding the officials so that is was we are talking about.

    just as good calls and bad calls it's all part of the game

  • sydS syd

    @mld-woody said:

    Right, which was a dumb play. Michigan also had dumb/unlucky plays, just like OSU did. In a close game, if those go one way or another, than can be the difference. But this thread was start, by someone else, regarding the officials so that is was we are talking about.

    just as good calls and bad calls it's all part of the game

    @syd said:

    just as good calls and bad calls it's all part of the game

    By and large the refs in professional or college football are pretty good but when you have 22 big, fast, unreal athletics running around close calls or misses can and do occasionally happen.

    I'm just glad OHIO STATE won. 😉

  • @mld-woody said:

    Please point to anything in this thread that I've said where I demonstrably do not know what I am talking about.

    do you have proof the picture is photoshopped?

    @browns149 said:

    do you have proof the picture is photoshopped?

    What I posted in the first response. "How angles work" would be my answer, lol.

  • @syd said:

    just as good calls and bad calls it's all part of the game

    By and large the refs in professional or college football are pretty good but when you have 22 big, fast, unreal athletics running around close calls or misses can and do occasionally happen.

    I'm just glad OHIO STATE won. 😉

    @mjp28 said:

    By and large the refs in professional or college football are pretty good but when you have 22 big, fast, unreal athletics running around close calls or misses can and do occasionally happen.

    I'm just glad OHIO STATE won. 😉

    Really its amazing that the B1G does pay for full time refs. Hundreds of millions of dollars are being tossed around for the sport, but the refs are people that do it as a hobby / second job.

  • @syd said:

    just as good calls and bad calls it's all part of the game

    By and large the refs in professional or college football are pretty good but when you have 22 big, fast, unreal athletics running around close calls or misses can and do occasionally happen.

    I'm just glad OHIO STATE won. 😉

    @mjp28 said:

    By and large the refs in professional or college football are pretty good but when you have 22 big, fast, unreal athletics running around close calls or misses can and do occasionally happen.

    I'm just glad OHIO STATE won. 😉

    agreed and I have been on both side of the call's and used to get pissed at the ref's(when I was a kid) of course I grew up and learned to get over it