Skip to content

How do you eat your chili?

Barber Shop Talk
39 11 3.3k
  • Over rice with shredded cheddar cheese and onions on top.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Over rice with shredded cheddar cheese and onions on top.

    That actually sounds pretty good. I've never tried it over rice.

  • I generally like it hot so I use plenty of green tobasco sauce in mine. I also like to crumble fresh cornbread into it.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Over rice with shredded cheddar cheese and onions on top.

    That actually sounds pretty good. I've never tried it over rice.

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    That actually sounds pretty good. I've never tried it over rice.

    never heard of it over rice either.I have tried the cinci chilli tho

  • Cintucki eat it over spaghetti with a ton of cheese on top. Also a really strange spice mix. Called Skyline Chili.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Cintucki eat it over spaghetti with a ton of cheese on top. Also a really strange spice mix. Called Skyline Chili.

    great for a hangover breakfast

  • Meaning, what do you have with it? I've made a big bucket of chilli so looking for more varied ways to eat it. With rice? In a burrito? I gather there's a 'special' way of eating it in Cintucky...

    @gftchris said:

    Meaning, what do you have with it? I've made a big bucket of chilli so looking for more varied ways to eat it. With rice? In a burrito? I gather there's a 'special' way of eating it in Cintucky...

    My wife is a mild spice user on everything so I always need some "chili helper" like Tabasco original or habenaro maybe some Frank's Louisiana Red Hot among others. I also do like cheddar cheese and some good sour cream NOT the imitation crap on top.

    If we're out or just lazy I like Wendy's chili (not bad for takeout) but tell the wife to get plenty of their chili seasoning in the gold wrapper, good on any chili.

    I even use the above on reheating pizza with some hot pepper flakes....ummmm good! (and I'm 66, my wife thinks I'm nuts but that's nothing new)

  • I like a good, spicy, thick chili with NO beans.

    Chili, garlic bread, & a cold beer or few does it for me.

    Mike

  • I always put in pinto beans.

  • I like a good, spicy, thick chili with NO beans.

    Chili, garlic bread, & a cold beer or few does it for me.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I like a good, spicy, thick chili with NO beans.

    Chili, garlic bread, & a cold beer or few does it for me.

    Mike

    Oh yes a good cold beer is good with chili and even better with pizza. ๐Ÿ™‚

    I'm have been drinking Sam Adams Boston Lager for awhile now.

  • Meaning, what do you have with it? I've made a big bucket of chilli so looking for more varied ways to eat it. With rice? In a burrito? I gather there's a 'special' way of eating it in Cintucky...

    @gftchris said:

    Meaning, what do you have with it? I've made a big bucket of chilli so looking for more varied ways to eat it. With rice? In a burrito? I gather there's a 'special' way of eating it in Cintucky...

    And a good "post holiday sick of turkey or ham meal". And we're loaded with sweets! Cookies, nut roll, colachi, chocolates and most all are gifts. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

    Yeah chili, pizza, burgers off the grille, what else? ๐Ÿ™‚

  • when i make my own my receipe is allways changing except for two standards a little sugar and a can of budweiser(it has to be bud other beers can be to hoppy)

  • Meaning, what do you have with it? I've made a big bucket of chilli so looking for more varied ways to eat it. With rice? In a burrito? I gather there's a 'special' way of eating it in Cintucky...

    @gftchris said:

    Meaning, what do you have with it? I've made a big bucket of chilli so looking for more varied ways to eat it. With rice? In a burrito? I gather there's a 'special' way of eating it in Cintucky...

    First of all is it Texas style with no beans or with beans?

    Usually serve my him, which is fucking great, with various accompaniments including grated sharp cheddar chopped cilantro, chopped onions, sour cream and sometimes choped jalapenos...

    WSS

  • I make my chili with kidney beans, ground turkey, tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, jalapenos, black pepper, garlic, and chili powder. Lots of chili powder

  • I make my chili with kidney beans, ground turkey, tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, jalapenos, black pepper, garlic, and chili powder. Lots of chili powder

    @browns149 said:

    I make my chili with kidney beans, ground turkey, tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, jalapenos, black pepper, garlic, and chili powder. Lots of chili powder

    Not bad! For me chili meat (from our local store) or turkey, I love jalapeรฑos but wife doesn't so it's on the side added in same with extra chili powder. Mushrooms are a nice add. I like mine topped with cheddar and a dolop or more of real sour cream, ummmmmm.

  • I always put in pinto beans.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I always put in pinto beans.

    Yep that's a good one. I know you eat like a king.
  • I like a good, spicy, thick chili with NO beans.

    Chili, garlic bread, & a cold beer or few does it for me.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I like a good, spicy, thick chili with NO beans.

    Chili, garlic bread, & a cold beer or few does it for me.

    Mike

    If you weren't such a fussy old fart, you could handle the beans. Gotta have the beans.

    Kidney beans...I save the cranberry beans I stored from the garden, for cooked beans with

    ham, spices over some good bread.

  • Gotta have the pinto beans (or kidney in a pinch). Need the fiber if you know what I'm saying....

  • Proper Texas Chili has no beans.

    WSS

  • Proper Texas Chili has no beans.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Proper Texas Chili has no beans.

    WSS

    Don't like it without beans, and I'm not from Texas.

  • Kidney beans tastes like shit...that's why they call them kidney beans.

  • Kidney beans tastes like shit...that's why they call them kidney beans.

    @one-post said:

    Kidney beans tastes like shit...that's why they call them kidney beans.

    Ever eat red beans and rice? Red beans are kidney beans and they taste good. Bet you prefer honey buns or ramen.......