Camp Mahomo
-
Is anyone advocating taking Mahomes early?
I wouldn't touch him before the third, probably.
Is this not 'camp mahomes'..? I've seen one poster say take him first round. I've seen another or so say take him as high as the 2nd.
-
Mitch2Pryor said:
Despite what my username might entail, I'm all for drafting Patrick Mahomes in the 2nd round to be our QB of the future
I'd love to see the hometown kid Trubisky go #1 overall to the Browns, but I'd much rather be a good team than be witness to a feel good story.
We have way too many holes as a team and could use our two first round picks to seriously improve our team.
However, we need to address the QB position at some point. RG3 is tough, but is garbage. Kessler is ok, but more of a risk-averse backup. McCown is ready to retire.
Let's grab 2 blue chip prospects in the first round, and get a QB with very high upside in the 2nd round.
Mahomes is big, strong armed, accurate, and mobile. His only knock is the gimmicky offense he plays in at Texas tech. In fact, the offense he plays in is similar to what Derek Carr ran at Fresno state. Scouts even compare him to Carr.
Lets bolster our lines and let Mahomes, Kessler, and whoever else battle to be the starter next year.
RG3 is tough? The guy is made of china. Cut him.
RG3 is tough? The guy is made of china. Cut him.
You're conflating toughness with fragility. RG3 may be brittle-boned, but he's a tough S.O.B. The hits he was taking last week were brutal, and yet he kept getting up.
If you break your coracoid bone in your throwing shoulder, or tear your ACL+MCL, it doesn't matter how tough you are.. you're done for a while
-
who the fuck is Mahomes? we don't need to draft another 3rd string QB. Ole moneyball needs to decide which one is best and draft him #1 overall. Stop this 20 year cycle of hoping we find a russell wilson in the 6th round.
-
Would have no problem with Mahomes as long as he drops to the 4th round or later.
-
So QBs can't get better mentally?
They can. But how many QB's come out so fundamentally and 'mentally' raw that are worth investing a high draft pick in?
I can't think of a single one.
-
It means something. The Big 12 is wide open WRs in shotgun offenses. Huge adjustments needed by the prospects entering the NFL.
Just for fun the "best" qbs to come out of the Big 12. http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/112241/ranking-the-big-12s-top-5-all-time-qbs
Just for fun the "best" qbs to come out of the Big 12. http://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/112241/ranking-the-big-12s-top-5-all-time-qbs
That's a sad and horrid list of ineptitude at the QB position.
-
Is anyone advocating taking Mahomes early?
I wouldn't touch him before the third, probably.
Is this not 'camp mahomes'..? I've seen one poster say take him first round. I've seen another or so say take him as high as the 2nd.
-
And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.
That was easy.

-
Zombo said:
And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.
That was easy.

I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not?

I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not?

Our QB room needs a complete overhaul, I'm game with drafting him late after we get Trubisky at 1 or 2, probably 2 now that the stoolers are sitting everyone on Sunday. Can't wait to hear the stooler fans say we won because they sat their starters when we haven't played any starters since like week 3.
-
And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.
That was easy.

Zombo said:
And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.
That was easy.

LOL! And to think they set you up for your favorite word.

-
Zombo said:
And in the fine tradition of Quinn Fags and Manziel Fanboys members of this Camp shall be the Mahomos.
That was easy.

I approve of this message...... Hey, if he's still there by the time our 4th round comp picks roll around, why not?

-
Not to take away anything from the manager of SWAK are Lipstick, are Trubisky fans now called Mitch's Bitches?
WSS
-
Not to take away anything from the manager of SWAK are Lipstick, are Trubisky fans now called Mitch's Bitches?
WSS
Not to take away anything from the manager of SWAK are Lipstick, are Trubisky fans now called Mitch's Bitches?
WSS
I like it.
Zombo
-
-
-
Projected UDFA's are called reaches in the 4th.
Mahomes is far from an UDFA project.
If you think Mel Kiper's opinion is worth anything, here's how he has the potential qb class ranked right now.1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
3. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson
4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)
6. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
7. *Luke Falk, Washington State
8. **Wilton Speight, Michigan
9. **Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
10. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
-
Projected UDFA's are called reaches in the 4th.
Mahomes is far from an UDFA project.
If you think Mel Kiper's opinion is worth anything, here's how he has the potential qb class ranked right now.1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
3. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson
4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)
6. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
7. *Luke Falk, Washington State
8. **Wilton Speight, Michigan
9. **Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
10. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
Mahomes is far from an UDFA project.
If you think Mel Kiper's opinion is worth anything, here's how he has the potential qb class ranked right now.1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
3. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson
4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)
6. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
7. *Luke Falk, Washington State
8. **Wilton Speight, Michigan
9. **Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
10. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
I stopped at 'Mel Kipers opinion'.
-
We never get our 1st round picks correct doing it the browns way, so I say just pick whoever the "experts" say is #1. So I like Kipers view, pick Trubisky.
-
Mahomes is far from an UDFA project.
If you think Mel Kiper's opinion is worth anything, here's how he has the potential qb class ranked right now.1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
3. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson
4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)
6. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
7. *Luke Falk, Washington State
8. **Wilton Speight, Michigan
9. **Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
10. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
I stopped at 'Mel Kipers opinion'.
-
Guy who gets paid to do it vs internet guy

While Mel's opinion isn't absolute I put some stock in what he has to say.
I put stock in the opinion of anyone that gets paid to evaluate talent. Far better than my homer opinion, even though Kiper has my homer pick ranked as the top QB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login