Skip to content

those wanting garoppolo

The Browns Board
101 34 2.6k
  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I think I wrote a similar post a while back, and people thought a first round draft pick was crazy.

    And I said that I don't know why everyone anoints the Patriots backup QB as the next Tom Brady.

    He was the 62nd player drafted.

    What's Ryan Mallet doing these days? It was the same story with him. People were saying that we would trade for him.

    @orion said:

    And I said that I don't know why everyone anoints the Patriots backup QB as the next Tom Brady.

    He was the 62nd player drafted.

    What's Ryan Mallet doing these days? It was the same story with him. People were saying that we would trade for him.

    Right, it didn't work out for Mallet, and it didn't really work out with Cassell either. But here's the thing I keep trying to explain...teams NEED QB'S. There really aren't "sure things" when it comes to NFL QB's, and about half of the NFL teams need a new QB. Demand vastly exceeds supply, so risks must be taken. Teams can't just say, "Oh well, I don't see anybody who is a home run, so I guess we'll just wait until one shows up." NFL coaches don't generally get 3 or 4 years guaranteed, so they HAVE to take risks for the most important position in professional sports. I'm not saying Garoppolo is the answer, but I am saying there will be a shitload of interest for him, and there will probably be a desperate team that offers an eye-popping deal for him.

    Here's a link to someone who thinks it might be worth a shot.

    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/12/28/14101346/should-the-browns-give-up-a-1st-and-4th-round-pick-for-jimmy-garoppolo

  • Id take him.....amazing to me how many people are snobbish on QB's, when we havent had a good one for 30 years....

    Turn every stone.....and, based upon what I can see, JG is as good as we've sniffed in a long time....

    Mallett, Hoyer, Cassel, Bullychick, etc have zero to do with anything, so I dont see why they keep coming up as some type of valid reason not to take JG.....

    Because Mallett wasnt good, we need to assume every other NE QB will be the same?......foolish thought process...

  • Zombo said:

    I think Jimmy is a better prospect than those guys.

    Bill drafts him in the second and gets a first and fourth ... good for him, I don't care about Bill's role in all this.

    I want a good quarterback. Jimmy G has all the tools and has looked sharp on an NFL field when he has played.

    Zombo

    Then ask yourself.. Why would Bill trade him if he's so great?.. Brady can't sling it forever.

    Not in Camp Jimmie here and it has nothing to do with Mallet or Cassell. Mallet is just a 3rd-round, head case and Cassell was a 7th-round hope and a prayer. Even if the "Pats' system" artificially inflated their value, that does not necessarily mean JG will bust with another team.

    So, if we must...

    All 1st round picks are not created equal. I can't go Jimmy G with a top twelve-ish pick, but then do we have to? Trading down the Philly pick and then trading away the #20 or so for him would be more palatable. Even the Pats R1 (~#30 overall) would ease the pain some.

    @nickers said:

    Then ask yourself.. Why would Bill trade him if he's so great?.. Brady can't sling it forever.

    Simply because there's enough Brady left to sift through a couple o' three more drafts for his ultimate replacement .

  • Not in Camp Jimmie here and it has nothing to do with Mallet or Cassell. Mallet is just a 3rd-round, head case and Cassell was a 7th-round hope and a prayer. Even if the "Pats' system" artificially inflated their value, that does not necessarily mean JG will bust with another team.

    So, if we must...

    All 1st round picks are not created equal. I can't go Jimmy G with a top twelve-ish pick, but then do we have to? Trading down the Philly pick and then trading away the #20 or so for him would be more palatable. Even the Pats R1 (~#30 overall) would ease the pain some.

    @nickers said:

    Then ask yourself.. Why would Bill trade him if he's so great?.. Brady can't sling it forever.

    Simply because there's enough Brady left to sift through a couple o' three more drafts for his ultimate replacement .

    @tour2ma said:

    So, if we must...

    All 1st round picks are not created equal. I can't go Jimmy G with a top twelve-ish pick, but then do we have to? Trading down the Philly pick and then trading away the #20 or so for him would be more palatable. Even the Pats R1 (~#30 overall) would ease the pain some.

    Send that suggestion to the FO. I like it especially if we go down to about, oh maybe #22 or so? 😁

  • Id take him.....amazing to me how many people are snobbish on QB's, when we havent had a good one for 30 years....

    Turn every stone.....and, based upon what I can see, JG is as good as we've sniffed in a long time....

    Mallett, Hoyer, Cassel, Bullychick, etc have zero to do with anything, so I dont see why they keep coming up as some type of valid reason not to take JG.....

    Because Mallett wasnt good, we need to assume every other NE QB will be the same?......foolish thought process...

    @mudfly said:

    Id take him.....amazing to me how many people are snobbish on QB's, when we havent had a good one for 30 years....

    Turn every stone.....and, based upon what I can see, JG is as good as we've sniffed in a long time....

    Mallett, Hoyer, Cassel, Bullychick, etc have zero to do with anything, so I dont see why they keep coming up as some type of valid reason not to take JG.....

    Because Mallett wasnt good, we need to assume every other NE QB will be the same?......foolish thought process...

    Egg. Xactly.

    Z

  • Id take him.....amazing to me how many people are snobbish on QB's, when we havent had a good one for 30 years....

    Turn every stone.....and, based upon what I can see, JG is as good as we've sniffed in a long time....

    Mallett, Hoyer, Cassel, Bullychick, etc have zero to do with anything, so I dont see why they keep coming up as some type of valid reason not to take JG.....

    Because Mallett wasnt good, we need to assume every other NE QB will be the same?......foolish thought process...

    @mudfly said:

    Because Mallett wasnt good, we need to assume every other NE QB will be the same?......foolish thought process...

    I don't think that learning from the past is a foolish thought process.

    Yes, each player has to be evaluated separately and not JUST because of others in their position before them....but it just seems that every other freakin year the talking heads want to anoint the current Patriots backup QB as the next great thing.

    JG was a VERY late 2nd round pick....has done very little...and talking heads are now putting a 1st round PLUS grade on him.

    ...and I DO agree that until you have a real franchise type starting QB you should always be looking at ways to get one. As I like to say, you've gotta keep swinging the bat until you hit one out when it comes to the QB. But ya can't be swinging at 'high & outside'.

    I never liked Mallet or Hoyer (you here don't know that cos I wasn't at this forum then). Hoyer did better than I expected. JG, I don't have a good feel for. Haven't seen enough of him. I would proceed with caution.

  • @hoorta said:

    Hah!! You're suffering from low expectation syndrome. One of our guys makes the Pro Bowl (JT) he's a saint. Some guy makes multiple post seasons, he's more than that. Sure, if we had a qb who made the post season 6 years running, we'd declare him able to part Lake Erie and lead the wretched masses of Browns fans to the Promised Land- eventually. Win a Championship (LeBron)? Put a 70' poster on Tower City and erect the statue. (Worshiping Optional)

    No, I am serious. You don't think it's worth a first rounder to get an Andy Dalton or Alex Smith you can pencil in there every week?

    There are o only so many Mannings and Brady's ... Unless you think there is one in this draft ... Give me a solid QB that gives me a chance to win every year.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    No, I am serious. You don't think it's worth a first rounder to get an Andy Dalton or Alex Smith you can pencil in there every week?

    There are o only so many Mannings and Brady's ... Unless you think there is one in this draft ... Give me a solid QB that gives me a chance to win every year.

    Z

    Alex Smith is NOT worth a first rounder and neither is Dalton.. I really don't think we could go very deep (In the playoffs) with these QB's who are marginal at best , in My view...

  • Zombo said:

    No, I am serious. You don't think it's worth a first rounder to get an Andy Dalton or Alex Smith you can pencil in there every week?

    There are o only so many Mannings and Brady's ... Unless you think there is one in this draft ... Give me a solid QB that gives me a chance to win every year.

    Z

    Alex Smith is NOT worth a first rounder and neither is Dalton.. I really don't think we could go very deep (In the playoffs) with these QB's who are marginal at best , in My view...

    @nickers said:

    Alex Smith is NOT worth a first rounder and neither is Dalton.. I really don't think we could go very deep (In the playoffs) with these QB's who are marginal at best , in My view...

    Ya, let's not use a first rounder to get a starting QB, let's save those picks for some more guards and stuff.

    It is Haves and Havenots in the QB world. KC and Cincy have them, we have not.

    Zombo

  • @nickers said:

    Alex Smith is NOT worth a first rounder and neither is Dalton.. I really don't think we could go very deep (In the playoffs) with these QB's who are marginal at best , in My view...

    Ya, let's not use a first rounder to get a starting QB, let's save those picks for some more guards and stuff.

    It is Haves and Havenots in the QB world. KC and Cincy have them, we have not.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Ya, let's not use a first rounder to get a starting QB, let's save those picks for some more guards and stuff.

    It is Haves and Havenots in the QB world. KC and Cincy have them, we have not.

    Zombo

    Yes ,, and I want a Manning/Roethlisberger type.. Not 2nd rate QB's.. I want someone defenses fear.. Smith and Dalton don't strike fear in anyone...

  • Not in Camp Jimmie here and it has nothing to do with Mallet or Cassell. Mallet is just a 3rd-round, head case and Cassell was a 7th-round hope and a prayer. Even if the "Pats' system" artificially inflated their value, that does not necessarily mean JG will bust with another team.

    So, if we must...

    All 1st round picks are not created equal. I can't go Jimmy G with a top twelve-ish pick, but then do we have to? Trading down the Philly pick and then trading away the #20 or so for him would be more palatable. Even the Pats R1 (~#30 overall) would ease the pain some.

    @nickers said:

    Then ask yourself.. Why would Bill trade him if he's so great?.. Brady can't sling it forever.

    Simply because there's enough Brady left to sift through a couple o' three more drafts for his ultimate replacement .

    @tour2ma said:

    Not in Camp Jimmie here and it has nothing to do with Mallet or Cassell. Mallet is just a 3rd-round, head case and Cassell was a 7th-round hope and a prayer. Even if the "Pats' system" artificially inflated their value, that does not necessarily mean JG will bust with another team.

    So, if we must...

    All 1st round picks are not created equal. I can't go Jimmy G with a top twelve-ish pick, but then do we have to? Trading down the Philly pick and then trading away the #20 or so for him would be more palatable. Even the Pats R1 (~#30 overall) would ease the pain some.

    Simply because there's enough Brady left to sift through a couple o' three more drafts for his ultimate replacement .

    With the first round pick they think he's worth no less. 🙂

    The Bradford deal set a very bad precedent. Just because the Vikings were desperate, doesn't mean the Browns have to follow suit.

    I could live with a trade down into the 20s, pick up a future first, then take Jimmy. He's not worth a top 10 pick.

  • Yeah it comes down to individual grades on individual players. Personally I don't believe Garrapolo to have higher potential than the players we could just draft with that pick, so I don't see the value in dropping a first on him. If it was a second and a third (or something along those lines) I'm a lot closer to being on board. At that point it'd be worth the risk because two cornerstones could be chosen.

    Like it's been said however, some other team is likely to give the Pats the first they desire... It should just be later in the round.

  • Zombo said:

    Ya, let's not use a first rounder to get a starting QB, let's save those picks for some more guards and stuff.

    It is Haves and Havenots in the QB world. KC and Cincy have them, we have not.

    Zombo

    Yes ,, and I want a Manning/Roethlisberger type.. Not 2nd rate QB's.. I want someone defenses fear.. Smith and Dalton don't strike fear in anyone...

    @nickers said:

    Yes ,, and I want a Manning/Roethlisberger type.. Not 2nd rate QB's.. I want someone defenses fear.. Smith and Dalton don't strike fear in anyone...

    2nd Rate is better than the 5th Rate we throw out there.

    If a Manning pops up, let me know, I'll jump on that train.

    Zombo

  • The Bradford deal set an awful precedent, but it just illustrates what a team will do to stabilize this position. To me, this situation is SLIGHTLY different than others because the Vikings lost their starting QB very close to the start of the season, and they thought they were a QB away from being a contender. We know now that they were wrong. Their offense was anemic, they lacked any big play potential, and they suffered nasty injuries to their RB and OL. They were zero fun to watch, and they basically tried to march the ball down the field with a bevy of 3 yard passes.

    That deal hasn't worked out, but there are others that have, right? Look at what Alex Smith has accomplished in K.C. Weren't they like 2-14 before getting Smith and Andy Reid? What's their record since both of those guys got there? And there are people on this board that wouldn't want Alex Smith? He's not Aaron Rodgers by a long shot, but the guy can freaking play. I would love to see Garoppolo in Cleveland, but it's a huge risk, as we all know. We know we have to try SOMETHING, so is J.G. a better option than somebody like Mitch or Kizer? What if we can get J.G. for a second round pick? Then we'd have our two first rounders, plus our other 2nd rounder. So maybe we get Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams (safety from LSU), and Pocic from LSU (center), and then Garoppolo in the first two days of the draft? We give up a second rounder, and probably a 4th, but we have a stud pass rusher, safety, OL (who can play center and guard), and our potential QB. Of course, this all hinges on the deal for J.G. going down for a second round pick instead of a first, but whatever. Maybe we throw in Josh Gordon in the deal, and then Gordon goes to the Pats like Randy Moss did, and proceeds to blow the league up.

    I keep hearing talk from Joe Thomas and others that indicates RG III will be coming back, and we shouldn't be surprised to see him back with our team.....starting. I guess I'll believe that when I see it, but Hue really does seem to think he can play. With RG III's injury history AND his inability to get rid of the ball, we obviously can't rely solely on him. Suffice to say, the Browns QB watch will be in full swing...yet again...and your guess is as good as mine to what takes place. Hue Jackson wants us to "trust him", and right now...I don't see any great options.

  • @mudfly said:

    Because Mallett wasnt good, we need to assume every other NE QB will be the same?......foolish thought process...

    I don't think that learning from the past is a foolish thought process.

    Yes, each player has to be evaluated separately and not JUST because of others in their position before them....but it just seems that every other freakin year the talking heads want to anoint the current Patriots backup QB as the next great thing.

    JG was a VERY late 2nd round pick....has done very little...and talking heads are now putting a 1st round PLUS grade on him.

    ...and I DO agree that until you have a real franchise type starting QB you should always be looking at ways to get one. As I like to say, you've gotta keep swinging the bat until you hit one out when it comes to the QB. But ya can't be swinging at 'high & outside'.

    I never liked Mallet or Hoyer (you here don't know that cos I wasn't at this forum then). Hoyer did better than I expected. JG, I don't have a good feel for. Haven't seen enough of him. I would proceed with caution.

    @orion said:

    I don't think that learning from the past is a foolish thought process.

    Yes, each player has to be evaluated separately and not JUST because of others in their position before them....but it just seems that every other freakin year the talking heads want to anoint the current Patriots backup QB as the next great thing.

    JG was a VERY late 2nd round pick....has done very little...and talking heads are now putting a 1st round PLUS grade on him.

    ...and I DO agree that until you have a real franchise type starting QB you should always be looking at ways to get one. As I like to say, you've gotta keep swinging the bat until you hit one out when it comes to the QB. But ya can't be swinging at 'high & outside'.

    I never liked Mallet or Hoyer (you here don't know that cos I wasn't at this forum then). Hoyer did better than I expected. JG, I don't have a good feel for. Haven't seen enough of him. I would proceed with caution.

    ^^^^^ This.

    @nickers said:

    Yes ,, and I want a Manning/Roethlisberger type.. Not 2nd rate QB's.. I want someone defenses fear.. Smith and Dalton don't strike fear in anyone...

    They do have to be accounted for, But I want something better.

    Zombo said:

    2nd Rate is better than the 5th Rate we throw out there.

    If a Manning pops up, let me know, I'll jump on that train.

    Zombo

    I'm with Nickers- so great Garropolo pumper, get your crystal ball out and tell me what you think Jimmy's ceiling is. It had damn well better be higher than Ryan Tannehill's. That's your classic second tier. If you think he's worth the Eagles pick, and say one of our comp 4ths- that's franchise qb territory. A guy with a 12 year borderline HOF career. Excuse me if I don't see that yet in Jimmy the two start wonder.

    That's more than what the Steelers lucked into when they selected Ben with the #11 pick. So I won't be upset if gee wiz Jimmy turns out that good. I want top 10 performance for a top 10 price. Anything less than than that is an assorted flavor of FAIL. Dear Sashi and Depodesta evaluate this limited resume guy very carefully before you pull the trigger on a trade that has the potential to set this franchise back another three years. Might cost you your jobs.

  • The Bradford deal set an awful precedent, but it just illustrates what a team will do to stabilize this position. To me, this situation is SLIGHTLY different than others because the Vikings lost their starting QB very close to the start of the season, and they thought they were a QB away from being a contender. We know now that they were wrong. Their offense was anemic, they lacked any big play potential, and they suffered nasty injuries to their RB and OL. They were zero fun to watch, and they basically tried to march the ball down the field with a bevy of 3 yard passes.

    That deal hasn't worked out, but there are others that have, right? Look at what Alex Smith has accomplished in K.C. Weren't they like 2-14 before getting Smith and Andy Reid? What's their record since both of those guys got there? And there are people on this board that wouldn't want Alex Smith? He's not Aaron Rodgers by a long shot, but the guy can freaking play. I would love to see Garoppolo in Cleveland, but it's a huge risk, as we all know. We know we have to try SOMETHING, so is J.G. a better option than somebody like Mitch or Kizer? What if we can get J.G. for a second round pick? Then we'd have our two first rounders, plus our other 2nd rounder. So maybe we get Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams (safety from LSU), and Pocic from LSU (center), and then Garoppolo in the first two days of the draft? We give up a second rounder, and probably a 4th, but we have a stud pass rusher, safety, OL (who can play center and guard), and our potential QB. Of course, this all hinges on the deal for J.G. going down for a second round pick instead of a first, but whatever. Maybe we throw in Josh Gordon in the deal, and then Gordon goes to the Pats like Randy Moss did, and proceeds to blow the league up.

    I keep hearing talk from Joe Thomas and others that indicates RG III will be coming back, and we shouldn't be surprised to see him back with our team.....starting. I guess I'll believe that when I see it, but Hue really does seem to think he can play. With RG III's injury history AND his inability to get rid of the ball, we obviously can't rely solely on him. Suffice to say, the Browns QB watch will be in full swing...yet again...and your guess is as good as mine to what takes place. Hue Jackson wants us to "trust him", and right now...I don't see any great options.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    The Bradford deal set an awful precedent, but it just illustrates what a team will do to stabilize this position. To me, this situation is SLIGHTLY different than others because the Vikings lost their starting QB very close to the start of the season, and they thought they were a QB away from being a contender. We know now that they were wrong. Their offense was anemic, they lacked any big play potential, and they suffered nasty injuries to their RB and OL. They were zero fun to watch, and they basically tried to march the ball down the field with a bevy of 3 yard passes.

    That deal hasn't worked out, but there are others that have, right? Look at what Alex Smith has accomplished in K.C. Weren't they like 2-14 before getting Smith and Andy Reid? What's their record since both of those guys got there? And there are people on this board that wouldn't want Alex Smith? He's not Aaron Rodgers by a long shot, but the guy can freaking play. I would love to see Garoppolo in Cleveland, but it's a huge risk, as we all know. We know we have to try SOMETHING, so is J.G. a better option than somebody like Mitch or Kizer? What if we can get J.G. for a second round pick? Then we'd have our two first rounders, plus our other 2nd rounder. So maybe we get Myles Garrett, Jamal Adams (safety from LSU), and Pocic from LSU (center), and then Garoppolo in the first two days of the draft? We give up a second rounder, and probably a 4th, but we have a stud pass rusher, safety, OL (who can play center and guard), and our potential QB. Of course, this all hinges on the deal for J.G. going down for a second round pick instead of a first, but whatever. Maybe we throw in Josh Gordon in the deal, and then Gordon goes to the Pats like Randy Moss did, and proceeds to blow the league up.

    I keep hearing talk from Joe Thomas and others that indicates RG III will be coming back, and we shouldn't be surprised to see him back with our team.....starting. I guess I'll believe that when I see it, but Hue really does seem to think he can play. With RG III's injury history AND his inability to get rid of the ball, we obviously can't rely solely on him. Suffice to say, the Browns QB watch will be in full swing...yet again...and your guess is as good as mine to what takes place. Hue Jackson wants us to "trust him", and right now...I don't see any great options.

    Thank you for injecting some common sense into this thread. RE: what the Vikings gave up, no quarterback we can draft or trade for will make the 2017 Browns a contender. I doubt even Brady or Rodgers could do that, considering our current talent level.

    I'm afraid if Hue brings Griffin back and starts him- I may have to tune out next year. If Hue is of that mindset- whey even bother with the Garropolo conversation?

  • Well, I think Hue may want RG III back, but also understand he can't place all of his eggs in that basket. That's the reason for the conversation. It's a shame that RG III's injury took so much of the season away from him because as much as I hate to admit it...he's actually gotten better each week. Pryor comes down with that deep bomb before half, and RG III's numbers look insanely better. That pass, and the ATROCIOUS lob he threw to Hawkins. God I was screaming after he threw Hawkins out of bounds in the end zone. We need to draft a young QB, or trade for someone like Garoppolo. And when I say draft a QB, I mean take one early. Not another "Kessler" type. We have a lot of needs all over the roster, but we have to keep throwing darts at the board until somebody sticks. Look at it this way: Wouldn't it be great if we draft Mitch, Kizer, or even Watson in the first, bring back RG III, and have the rookie learn behind Robert before throwing him into the fire?

  • Wtf has garrapolo done to warrant a 1st and a 4th

    That would be a great deal for the Patriots.

  • Not much, but he's still done more than anybody coming out of college. Man, I hope we get this right. The more I think about it, the less and less I think this will happen. I think we'll poke around a bit, but we won't give up assets. I think we'll draft somebody early in the draft, with the hope they can learn behind RG III.

  • @orion said:

    I don't think that learning from the past is a foolish thought process.

    Yes, each player has to be evaluated separately and not JUST because of others in their position before them....but it just seems that every other freakin year the talking heads want to anoint the current Patriots backup QB as the next great thing.

    JG was a VERY late 2nd round pick....has done very little...and talking heads are now putting a 1st round PLUS grade on him.

    ...and I DO agree that until you have a real franchise type starting QB you should always be looking at ways to get one. As I like to say, you've gotta keep swinging the bat until you hit one out when it comes to the QB. But ya can't be swinging at 'high & outside'.

    I never liked Mallet or Hoyer (you here don't know that cos I wasn't at this forum then). Hoyer did better than I expected. JG, I don't have a good feel for. Haven't seen enough of him. I would proceed with caution.

    ^^^^^ This.

    @nickers said:

    Yes ,, and I want a Manning/Roethlisberger type.. Not 2nd rate QB's.. I want someone defenses fear.. Smith and Dalton don't strike fear in anyone...

    They do have to be accounted for, But I want something better.

    Zombo said:

    2nd Rate is better than the 5th Rate we throw out there.

    If a Manning pops up, let me know, I'll jump on that train.

    Zombo

    I'm with Nickers- so great Garropolo pumper, get your crystal ball out and tell me what you think Jimmy's ceiling is. It had damn well better be higher than Ryan Tannehill's. That's your classic second tier. If you think he's worth the Eagles pick, and say one of our comp 4ths- that's franchise qb territory. A guy with a 12 year borderline HOF career. Excuse me if I don't see that yet in Jimmy the two start wonder.

    That's more than what the Steelers lucked into when they selected Ben with the #11 pick. So I won't be upset if gee wiz Jimmy turns out that good. I want top 10 performance for a top 10 price. Anything less than than that is an assorted flavor of FAIL. Dear Sashi and Depodesta evaluate this limited resume guy very carefully before you pull the trigger on a trade that has the potential to set this franchise back another three years. Might cost you your jobs.

    @hoorta said:

    ^^^^^ This.

    They do have to be accounted for, But I want something better.

    I'm with Nickers- so great Garropolo pumper, get your crystal ball out and tell me what you think Jimmy's ceiling is. It had damn well better be higher than Ryan Tannehill's. That's your classic second tier. If you think he's worth the Eagles pick, and say one of our comp 4ths- that's franchise qb territory. A guy with a 12 year borderline HOF career. Excuse me if I don't see that yet in Jimmy the two start wonder.

    That's more than what the Steelers lucked into when they selected Ben with the #11 pick. So I won't be upset if gee wiz Jimmy turns out that good. I want top 10 performance for a top 10 price. Anything less than than that is an assorted flavor of FAIL. Dear Sashi and Depodesta evaluate this limited resume guy very carefully before you pull the trigger on a trade that has the potential to set this franchise back another three years. Might cost you your jobs.

    We need a starting QB. If he is in the Dalton/Smith range, it is worth it in my opinion. If he's a "12 year Borderline HOF" then you can thank me later.

    I'm not a scout. I like what I see from the guy.

    It's up to our personnel guys to evaluate whether he's a franchise QB, and whether he's a better prospect than the guys in this draft that will be available to us. I'll leave up to them.

    I am saying two things definitively:

    1. We need a starting QB and it is worth a first round pick to find a reliable one.

    2. Not trading for this guy because you are afraid of being duped by Belichick is a defeatist attitude.

    If you like him, go get him.

    Zombo

  • @hoorta said:

    ^^^^^ This.

    They do have to be accounted for, But I want something better.

    I'm with Nickers- so great Garropolo pumper, get your crystal ball out and tell me what you think Jimmy's ceiling is. It had damn well better be higher than Ryan Tannehill's. That's your classic second tier. If you think he's worth the Eagles pick, and say one of our comp 4ths- that's franchise qb territory. A guy with a 12 year borderline HOF career. Excuse me if I don't see that yet in Jimmy the two start wonder.

    That's more than what the Steelers lucked into when they selected Ben with the #11 pick. So I won't be upset if gee wiz Jimmy turns out that good. I want top 10 performance for a top 10 price. Anything less than than that is an assorted flavor of FAIL. Dear Sashi and Depodesta evaluate this limited resume guy very carefully before you pull the trigger on a trade that has the potential to set this franchise back another three years. Might cost you your jobs.

    We need a starting QB. If he is in the Dalton/Smith range, it is worth it in my opinion. If he's a "12 year Borderline HOF" then you can thank me later.

    I'm not a scout. I like what I see from the guy.

    It's up to our personnel guys to evaluate whether he's a franchise QB, and whether he's a better prospect than the guys in this draft that will be available to us. I'll leave up to them.

    I am saying two things definitively:

    1. We need a starting QB and it is worth a first round pick to find a reliable one.

    2. Not trading for this guy because you are afraid of being duped by Belichick is a defeatist attitude.

    If you like him, go get him.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    If you like him, go get him.

    'We' really liked RG3 too. (we being our talent evaluaters)