Skip to content

What would you think of our top 3-4 picks going D

The Browns Board
146 26 4.6k
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Garrett #1

    Trubisky #2

    Hooker #12

    what would it take to get SF's number 2?

    We give SF

    2017- 3rd round pick

    2017- 4th round pick

    2018- 1st round pick

    2018- 2nd round pick

    2018- 3rd round pick

    -Or-

    2017- 2nd round pick

    2018- 1st round pick

    2018- 2nd round pick

    2019- 2nd round pick

    ?

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Fuck. No.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #23

    We have 2 2nd rounders next year so really we'd only be giving up a first next draft and a second the following draft... You wouldn't trade that to finally have a franchise QB that we could build around for the next five years? We would have drafted Garrett and Trubisky, staples on both offense and defense. Then we'd still own our 12th pick in the first...

    We could simply trade up from 12 to 2 and save some picks on the backend but I would rather backload the picks so we can still build our team. If we did that then we wouldn't have such a need as we have now. Say we win the Superbowl next year or make the playoffs, our 1st rounder would probably be in the 20-30s anyways... then we still have our second rounder from philly to play with...

  • We have 2 2nd rounders next year so really we'd only be giving up a first next draft and a second the following draft... You wouldn't trade that to finally have a franchise QB that we could build around for the next five years? We would have drafted Garrett and Trubisky, staples on both offense and defense. Then we'd still own our 12th pick in the first...

    We could simply trade up from 12 to 2 and save some picks on the backend but I would rather backload the picks so we can still build our team. If we did that then we wouldn't have such a need as we have now. Say we win the Superbowl next year or make the playoffs, our 1st rounder would probably be in the 20-30s anyways... then we still have our second rounder from philly to play with...

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @poeticg said:

    We have 2 2nd rounders next year so really we'd only be giving up a first next draft and a second the following draft... You wouldn't trade that to finally have a franchise QB that we could build around for the next five years? We would have drafted Garrett and Trubisky, staples on both offense and defense. Then we'd still own our 12th pick in the first...

    We could simply trade up from 12 to 2 and save some picks on the backend but I would rather backload the picks so we can still build our team. If we did that then we wouldn't have such a need as we have now. Say we win the Superbowl next year or make the playoffs, our 1st rounder would probably be in the 20-30s anyways... then we still have our second rounder from philly to play with...

    Fuck. No.

    Trubisky isn't a #2 talent. I still sorta have heart burn about him at 12 but can sorta deal with it.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #25

    If the Browns jumped back up to 2, I would hope they walked away with Garrett and Allen.

  • If the Browns jumped back up to 2, I would hope they walked away with Garrett and Allen.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @logicisforsquares said:

    If the Browns jumped back up to 2, I would hope they walked away with Garrett and Allen.

    Meet my boner.

  • @poeticg said:

    We have 2 2nd rounders next year so really we'd only be giving up a first next draft and a second the following draft... You wouldn't trade that to finally have a franchise QB that we could build around for the next five years? We would have drafted Garrett and Trubisky, staples on both offense and defense. Then we'd still own our 12th pick in the first...

    We could simply trade up from 12 to 2 and save some picks on the backend but I would rather backload the picks so we can still build our team. If we did that then we wouldn't have such a need as we have now. Say we win the Superbowl next year or make the playoffs, our 1st rounder would probably be in the 20-30s anyways... then we still have our second rounder from philly to play with...

    Fuck. No.

    Trubisky isn't a #2 talent. I still sorta have heart burn about him at 12 but can sorta deal with it.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Fuck. No.

    Trubisky isn't a #2 talent. I still sorta have heart burn about him at 12 but can sorta deal with it.

    Watch out. Gipper's about to be all riled up.

  • I'd love to see Foster fall to 12. My professional scouting report on him reads as such:

    Reuben Foster is good at fucking shit up.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @roycerolls said:

    I'd love to see Foster fall to 12. My professional scouting report on him reads as such:

    Reuben Foster is good at fucking shit up.

    Accurate.

  • F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @ghoolie said:

    Yes......if the Browns selected these as their first 3 picks, I would think that a jackoff made them.

    These top three were selected by the Brown and Orange Report - I only added King to add to the contaversy of taking all D in the first and second rounds. Having said that, I take it you don't agree with them? Those are 4 instant starters and with a high ceiling. The D was crap this year. Resign Collins and add these 4 players and a lot can change quickly on D.

    Yes we still need to solve the QB and O-Line.

  • F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Foster or Barnett over Adams in the first round? No way! I'd be surprised if Adam isn't gone in the top 6. We'd be dancing if he fell to us at 12. This would only happen if 4 QB's and an RB are taken in the top 11-

  • @ghoolie said:

    Yes......if the Browns selected these as their first 3 picks, I would think that a jackoff made them.

    These top three were selected by the Brown and Orange Report - I only added King to add to the contaversy of taking all D in the first and second rounds. Having said that, I take it you don't agree with them? Those are 4 instant starters and with a high ceiling. The D was crap this year. Resign Collins and add these 4 players and a lot can change quickly on D.

    Yes we still need to solve the QB and O-Line.

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @frenchie said:

    These top three were selected by the Brown and Orange Report - I only added King to add to the contaversy of taking all D in the first and second rounds. Having said that, I take it you don't agree with them? Those are 4 instant starters and with a high ceiling. The D was crap this year. Resign Collins and add these 4 players and a lot can change quickly on D.

    Yes we still need to solve the QB and O-Line.

    I would be sold on taking those three guys (or similar) then a center.

  • @mark-o said:

    Is Barnett the tennessee dude? If so, I'm all in on him. Allen, Barnett and a safety. Make the other teams afraid of our defense and the offense will get better.

    Yes. A UT Vol. Kid just broke Reggie Whites sack total for all-time sack leader at UT.

    When you start knocking Reggie White down a notch, you can't be a slouch.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #32

    @ballpeen said:

    Yes. A UT Vol. Kid just broke Reggie Whites sack total for all-time sack leader at UT.

    When you start knocking Reggie White down a notch, you can't be a slouch.

    I think because of the stat you quote, that our analytics team may have him high on their list of prospects.

  • @poeticg said:

    We have 2 2nd rounders next year so really we'd only be giving up a first next draft and a second the following draft... You wouldn't trade that to finally have a franchise QB that we could build around for the next five years? We would have drafted Garrett and Trubisky, staples on both offense and defense. Then we'd still own our 12th pick in the first...

    We could simply trade up from 12 to 2 and save some picks on the backend but I would rather backload the picks so we can still build our team. If we did that then we wouldn't have such a need as we have now. Say we win the Superbowl next year or make the playoffs, our 1st rounder would probably be in the 20-30s anyways... then we still have our second rounder from philly to play with...

    Fuck. No.

    Trubisky isn't a #2 talent. I still sorta have heart burn about him at 12 but can sorta deal with it.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Fuck. No.

    Trubisky isn't a #2 talent. I still sorta have heart burn about him at 12 but can sorta deal with it.

    Right....he is not #2 talent. He is #1 talent. But he may not even come out from what I hear.....so it may be superfluous.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Fuck. No.

    Trubisky isn't a #2 talent. I still sorta have heart burn about him at 12 but can sorta deal with it.

    Watch out. Gipper's about to be all riled up.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @wargograw said:

    Watch out. Gipper's about to be all riled up.

    As a new fan of the Browns....you may be all willing to continue to live in quarterback hell. But I have been a fan since the early 60s....and I don't want to wait around while the Browns continue to flounder around with this QB issue.

    Unless you can give me a goddamn guarantee that a Jimmy Garropolo or AJ McCarron are the next coming of Brett Favre, I would rather take my chances of using the top commodity that any team can have: the #1 overall pick in the draft, on a QB.

  • @mark-o said:

    Is Barnett the tennessee dude? If so, I'm all in on him. Allen, Barnett and a safety. Make the other teams afraid of our defense and the offense will get better.

    Yes. A UT Vol. Kid just broke Reggie Whites sack total for all-time sack leader at UT.

    When you start knocking Reggie White down a notch, you can't be a slouch.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @ballpeen said:

    Yes. A UT Vol. Kid just broke Reggie Whites sack total for all-time sack leader at UT.

    When you start knocking Reggie White down a notch, you can't be a slouch.

    Yep...caught some of him in their bowl game. Very impressive pass rusher.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Fuck. No.

    Trubisky isn't a #2 talent. I still sorta have heart burn about him at 12 but can sorta deal with it.

    Right....he is not #2 talent. He is #1 talent. But he may not even come out from what I hear.....so it may be superfluous.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @the-gipper said:

    Right....he is not #2 talent. He is #1 talent. But he may not even come out from what I hear.....so it may be superfluous.

    He is not a top 15 talent imo.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Right....he is not #2 talent. He is #1 talent. But he may not even come out from what I hear.....so it may be superfluous.

    He is not a top 15 talent imo.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @logicisforsquares said:

    He is not a top 15 talent imo.

    It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what NFL GMs think. If he comes out, he will go in Top 3.....guaranteed. They will assess that high. And their opinions will align more with mine than they do yours....guraranteed.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    He is not a top 15 talent imo.

    It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what NFL GMs think. If he comes out, he will go in Top 3.....guaranteed. They will assess that high. And their opinions will align more with mine than they do yours....guraranteed.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @the-gipper said:

    It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what NFL GMs think. If he comes out, he will go in Top 3.....guaranteed. They will assess that high. And their opinions will align more with mine than they do yours....guraranteed.

    Can't he just say the same thing to you ... It doesn't matter what you think?

    Why are you digging in so much on this fucker? He has a great arm, but lots of people have had great arms, and they weren't all Top 3 material.

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what NFL GMs think. If he comes out, he will go in Top 3.....guaranteed. They will assess that high. And their opinions will align more with mine than they do yours....guraranteed.

    Can't he just say the same thing to you ... It doesn't matter what you think?

    Why are you digging in so much on this fucker? He has a great arm, but lots of people have had great arms, and they weren't all Top 3 material.

    Zombo

    gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Zombo said:

    Can't he just say the same thing to you ... It doesn't matter what you think?

    Why are you digging in so much on this fucker? He has a great arm, but lots of people have had great arms, and they weren't all Top 3 material.

    Zombo

    In fairness, big vaguely mobile guys have been going high with people looking to replicate big ben - Wentz in 2016, Bortles in 2014, Tannehill in 2012, Newton in 2011...

    I'm not sold that Trubisky is on the same level though.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    He is not a top 15 talent imo.

    It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what NFL GMs think. If he comes out, he will go in Top 3.....guaranteed. They will assess that high. And their opinions will align more with mine than they do yours....guraranteed.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @the-gipper said:

    It doesn't matter what you think. It matters what NFL GMs think. If he comes out, he will go in Top 3.....guaranteed. They will assess that high. And their opinions will align more with mine than they do yours....guraranteed.

    Then in a few years time if Mitch turns into Blaine Gabbert you have a fellow poster that can hang an opinion over you that was aligned with reason. Perhaps something more GM's should follow.

    I look forward to seeing what happens either way.

    There's only one scenario I'm comfortable with Mitch @ #1 and that involves a trade down of our second pick...which I'm an advocate for anyway. If at all possible to secure an additional 2nd rounder, then you go premier defense with your other first, Oline and secondary with your next 2. Then linebacker and depth following, especially in the trenches.