Qb Draft Question
-
"reasonable" = top team overall with a rookie QB. LOL!

Lets hope the Browns get a couple of "reasonable" defensive players.

British understatement apparently doesn't translate as well as it could on an american message board.
-
Farve wasn't highly touted. He wasn't drafted high. Not solved.Zombo said:
Bret Favre.
Zombo
-
Farve wasn't highly touted. He wasn't drafted high. Not solved.Zombo said:
Bret Favre.
Zombo
-
I wouldn't classify Winston in the "amazing career" category quite yet as Cam Newton is arguable.
My point being...you can draft with character problems at every position other than qb.
I wouldn't classify Winston in the "amazing career" category quite yet as Cam Newton is arguable.
My point being...you can draft with character problems at every position other than qb.
Well, sure....I was just shotgunning names of people I knew had so called issues...just so to help you out with your question. Things are looking pretty good for Winston though.
You would take him here, no?
-
Zombo said:
Bret Favre.
Zombo
What were Favre's pre draft "character issues"? I know later he ended up addicted to Vicodin, and then showing his junk on some kind of e-mail photo.
I mean...who hasn't taken a photo of his junk and sent it some some fine lady that you are trying to seduce?

-
"reasonable" = top team overall with a rookie QB. LOL!

Lets hope the Browns get a couple of "reasonable" defensive players.

I would still say "reasonable". Remember RGIII....he got of to a reasonable start as well......but has not been so reasonable since then.
Fair to say?
-
33rd overall, reasonably high.
Again, I don't remember "character issues" being a reason for Favre to have fallen in the draft. I don't think he was all that highly touted coming out.
Also coming out that year were: Dan McGwire, Todd Marinovich and Browning Nagle. The first two were taken ahead of Favre, Nagle one slot behind Favre.
And look at it this way: Marinovich was not seen to have ANY character issues when he came out. Neither did Vick, BR and others.
So, its not like taking a guy with no character issues with a draft pick means that person will always remain unblemished.
Nor does it mean that guys with character issues when drafted will have them continue.
No one thinks the Marino had character issues, do they?
-
-
Of all the highly touted qb's coming into the draft which ones with character issues rose above it all and had amazing careers?
-
So far. But in only fortifies my comment about a team not going for a qb if he had character issues.Again, I think Marino is the one that most represents what you were looking for.
Fair to say?
Not too many Marinos out there.
-
You got the best answer until someone else tops ya.
-
So far. But in only fortifies my comment about a team not going for a qb if he had character issues.Again, I think Marino is the one that most represents what you were looking for.
Fair to say?
Not too many Marinos out there.
-
That's what I'm waiting for Gip. So far nothing really sticks out but as you know...shit happens. Or it just might be the year to grab one!Is there some current QB prospect with character issues that you perceive to likely have an issue in this next draft, just curious?
-
Have to remember that P. Manning had a sexual assault/indecent exposure cloud hanging over him coming out of Tennessee. Seems silly now, but it was a thing.
I think Kerry Collins had some issues coming out as well... turned into even bigger ones before he found himself late in his career.
Also would mention Nameth. But in his case rather than overcome them, he cultivated them to his great benefit.
-
Have to remember that P. Manning had a sexual assault/indecent exposure cloud hanging over him coming out of Tennessee. Seems silly now, but it was a thing.
I think Kerry Collins had some issues coming out as well... turned into even bigger ones before he found himself late in his career.
Also would mention Nameth. But in his case rather than overcome them, he cultivated them to his great benefit.
Have to remember that P. Manning had a sexual assault/indecent exposure cloud hanging over him coming out of Tennessee. Seems silly now, but it was a thing.
I don't remember that, at all.
I think Kerry Collins had some issues coming out as well... turned into even bigger ones before he found himself late in his career.
What were the issues?
Also would mention Nameth. But in his case rather than overcome them, he cultivated them to his great benefit.
Other than liking to fuck chicks, what were Joe's issues? That was not considered a character issue then...and it is not one now....as long as you don't force yourself on one or hit one.
-
Have to remember that P. Manning had a sexual assault/indecent exposure cloud hanging over him coming out of Tennessee. Seems silly now, but it was a thing.
I don't remember that, at all.
I think Kerry Collins had some issues coming out as well... turned into even bigger ones before he found himself late in his career.
What were the issues?
Also would mention Nameth. But in his case rather than overcome them, he cultivated them to his great benefit.
Other than liking to fuck chicks, what were Joe's issues? That was not considered a character issue then...and it is not one now....as long as you don't force yourself on one or hit one.
Have to remember that P. Manning had a sexual assault/indecent exposure cloud hanging over him coming out of Tennessee. Seems silly now, but it was a thing.
I don't remember that, at all.
I think Kerry Collins had some issues coming out as well... turned into even bigger ones before he found himself late in his career.
What were the issues?
Also would mention Nameth. But in his case rather than overcome them, he cultivated them to his great benefit.
Other than liking to fuck chicks, what were Joe's issues? That was not considered a character issue then...and it is not one now....as long as you don't force yourself on one or hit one.
Breaking down sexual assault allegations against Peyton Manning
Can't find specifics on Collins, but read once that his alcoholism did not start after he graduated from PSU.
Joe Namath had 300 sexual partners at Alabama
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/joe-namath-300-sexual-partners-alabama/202887
-
Have to remember that P. Manning had a sexual assault/indecent exposure cloud hanging over him coming out of Tennessee. Seems silly now, but it was a thing.
I don't remember that, at all.
I think Kerry Collins had some issues coming out as well... turned into even bigger ones before he found himself late in his career.
What were the issues?
Also would mention Nameth. But in his case rather than overcome them, he cultivated them to his great benefit.
Other than liking to fuck chicks, what were Joe's issues? That was not considered a character issue then...and it is not one now....as long as you don't force yourself on one or hit one.
Breaking down sexual assault allegations against Peyton Manning
Can't find specifics on Collins, but read once that his alcoholism did not start after he graduated from PSU.
Joe Namath had 300 sexual partners at Alabama
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/joe-namath-300-sexual-partners-alabama/202887
Breaking down sexual assault allegations against Peyton Manning
Can't find specifics on Collins, but read once that his alcoholism did not start after he graduated from PSU.
OK, now that does seem familiar.
Joe Namath had 300 sexual partners at Alabama
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/joe-namath-300-sexual-partners-alabama/202887
And what's wrong with that? If you believe it. (not sure I do...but it could be possible.).
-
And Manning?
Namath just had a party-boy rep. Nothing wrong with that in the legal sense and in his day might even have been considered an asset if it was considered at all. Today? He'd fall down a lot of boards...
And Manning?
Namath just had a party-boy rep. Nothing wrong with that in the legal sense and in his day might even have been considered an asset if it was considered at all. Today? He'd fall down a lot of boards...
He would fall down the board for getting laid? I don't think so. But, yes, perhaps having a "party" reputation would hurt nowadays....especially after the Johnny Manziel fiasco.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login