Greg Williams Hired
-
there should be a lot of guys leaving anyway. They can't playOmg dude stop. It would be his 1st year c'mon. Theres gonna be "alot" of guys leaving cause they dontbfit the 4-3
there should be a lot of guys leaving anyway. They can't play
Some truth to that
-
Which players are you talking about?
-
Williams works for me...
I don't necessarily see the increased preference for Allen over Garrett in the 4-3 look others do, however. Allen just has the look of a traditional 3-4 DE to me while Garrett with his hand primarily in the dirt as a 4-3 edge guy removes my concerns there. This is the role OAK emphasized for Khalil this season. In his three seasons he's gone from primarily a stand-up OLB to a DE/OLB split to primarily a DE.
For those when a better attuned eye for DL schemes than I have.... I assume Shelton primarily takes an A gap putting Allen over the opposite OG? If so, then I can see Allen as a modern-day Michael Dean Perry aside Danny's James Jones or Bill Johnson.
I will say that Allen's persona would seem to be better aligned with Williams' than Myles the Mild's would be...
Also occurs to me that practicing against Williams' "style" could inject added "nasty" into our OL...
Williams works for me...
I don't necessarily see the increased preference for Allen over Garrett in the 4-3 look others do, however. Allen just has the look of a traditional 3-4 DE to me while Garrett with his hand primarily in the dirt as a 4-3 edge guy removes my concerns there. This is the role OAK emphasized for Khalil this season. In his three seasons he's gone from primarily a stand-up OLB to a DE/OLB split to primarily a DE.
For those when a better attuned eye for DL schemes than I have.... I assume Shelton primarily takes an A gap putting Allen over the opposite OG? If so, then I can see Allen as a modern-day Michael Dean Perry aside Danny's James Jones or Bill Johnson.
I will say that Allen's persona would seem to be better aligned with Williams' than Myles the Mild's would be...
Also occurs to me that practicing against Williams' "style" could inject added "nasty" into our OL...
Why would you not want allen on the tackles outside shoulder? We have a really good interior rotation webdont need allen at DT. Now in some nascar packages sure, we would have og and nas outside and bryant/allen inside. Love that.
-
Williams works for me...
I don't necessarily see the increased preference for Allen over Garrett in the 4-3 look others do, however. Allen just has the look of a traditional 3-4 DE to me while Garrett with his hand primarily in the dirt as a 4-3 edge guy removes my concerns there. This is the role OAK emphasized for Khalil this season. In his three seasons he's gone from primarily a stand-up OLB to a DE/OLB split to primarily a DE.
For those when a better attuned eye for DL schemes than I have.... I assume Shelton primarily takes an A gap putting Allen over the opposite OG? If so, then I can see Allen as a modern-day Michael Dean Perry aside Danny's James Jones or Bill Johnson.
I will say that Allen's persona would seem to be better aligned with Williams' than Myles the Mild's would be...
Also occurs to me that practicing against Williams' "style" could inject added "nasty" into our OL...
Williams works for me...
I don't necessarily see the increased preference for Allen over Garrett in the 4-3 look others do, however. Allen just has the look of a traditional 3-4 DE to me while Garrett with his hand primarily in the dirt as a 4-3 edge guy removes my concerns there. This is the role OAK emphasized for Khalil this season. In his three seasons he's gone from primarily a stand-up OLB to a DE/OLB split to primarily a DE.
For those when a better attuned eye for DL schemes than I have.... I assume Shelton primarily takes an A gap putting Allen over the opposite OG? If so, then I can see Allen as a modern-day Michael Dean Perry aside Danny's James Jones or Bill Johnson.
I will say that Allen's persona would seem to be better aligned with Williams' than Myles the Mild's would be...
Also occurs to me that practicing against Williams' "style" could inject added "nasty" into our OL...
Depends on what you're trying to exploit. If you see the center has issues anchoring or with protection calls, you can run a double A gap look. You can go with Danny at the traditional 1 still holding the double team and that would leave Allen at the 3-5 spot doing what he does best.
-
We may not have a whole lot of players that he likes or can work with. I mean these guys dont like to wrap up we've been screaming about this for awile now. The def production may not be substantially better next year, he may offload "alot" of guys after next season.
Can u guys handle that ir is it gonna be fire thst williams hack by game 3 or 4?
From all the quotes I keep reading about Williams. He seems to scheme toward his players strengths. He's not a guy who says "run it my way".We may not have a whole lot of players that he likes or can work with. I mean these guys dont like to wrap up we've been screaming about this for awile now. The def production may not be substantially better next year, he may offload "alot" of guys after next season.
Can u guys handle that ir is it gonna be fire thst williams hack by game 3 or 4?
The only problem with that is, you are correct, we don't have much talent for Williams to start with.
-
Which players are you talking about?
Which players are you talking about?
There are more guys on that defense that should go away then we should keep
-
Which players are you talking about?
Which players are you talking about?
Basically the entire seconday. If he watches tape of collins getting washed over on to his ass by a one hand slap from a 2nd string ol....he might tell them not to give collins that contract he's looking for. The lb'ers might stay for now but they'll be on a leash....im not sure they're mean enough for him. He prob would have loved scooby. Front 4 prob stays for now but og and nas will have to get alot stronger and meaner in the offseason
-
Why doesn't he do his coaching job and improve them? That's why Horton has gone, because he couldn't.
-
stupid thread
-
@ghoolie said:
You are a fucking idiot. Horton gave Hue the defense Hue asked for. Assistants are coffee fetchers. he defense is on Hue.
NO DIFFERENCE IN 2017.
GHOOLIE GUARANTEE
You "may" be right but not because of the DC....because we currently dont have the players are goid/mean enough to matter. Anybody think bountygate williams is gonna relate to some of these fgts that dont like to get their jerseys dirty?
-
@ghoolie said:
You are a fucking idiot. Horton gave Hue the defense Hue asked for. Assistants are coffee fetchers. he defense is on Hue.
NO DIFFERENCE IN 2017.
GHOOLIE GUARANTEE
Your absolutely right Horton was completely on Hue. This DC is a pure FO decision. Williams has more HC experience than Hue. And if the team should falter he will replace hue at the bye... That's why we only looked at DC's with HC experience... Williams is not Hue's "Type" of coach anyway.
-
Anybody watching the steelers game, that dolphins D is precisely the kind of 4-3 i dont want. Its predicated on going after the qb cause its a "passing league". So they've got these DE's that look real nice in cutoffs but they dont deal well at the point. They got a decent mlb'er in alonso but he aint a hitter. 4-3's like what carolina was the other year or the bengals....its about the players.
Just running a 4-3 doesnt mean shit if the niggas aint nasty. Gotta have a D front that is disciplined against the run. And we have to have at least one LB'er that tries to kill the ball carrier on every play. Dudes going across the middle always have one eye on where burfict is. Thats what i want in clev.
-
@ghoolie said:
You are a fucking idiot. Horton gave Hue the defense Hue asked for. Assistants are coffee fetchers. he defense is on Hue.
NO DIFFERENCE IN 2017.
GHOOLIE GUARANTEE
Your absolutely right Horton was completely on Hue. This DC is a pure FO decision. Williams has more HC experience than Hue. And if the team should falter he will replace hue at the bye... That's why we only looked at DC's with HC experience... Williams is not Hue's "Type" of coach anyway.
Your absolutely right Horton was completely on Hue. This DC is a pure FO decision. Williams has more HC experience than Hue. And if the team should falter he will replace hue at the bye... That's why we only looked at DC's with HC expe.. Williams is not Hue's "Type" of coach anyway.
It certainly sounds as if hue wanted horton gone. Its been in the back of my mind that the nas and og drafts were maybe more hues idea cause he was trying to push horton to run more 4-3 looks. Now we get a full time 4-3 guy that will stock 4-3 edge guys and lb'ets.
-
I think the Browns are a lock to get Allen at one. It makes no sense to me that they would pick someone else.
He's a one man wrecking crew, and with a four three, they have to fix their rotation and starting unit.
The 12 pick is the tough one. But if Foster was there, I'd have to pick him.
But then I also want Hooker at fs. But then I wonder about moving Joe Haden to fs, more likely nickle back...?
and drafting the best cb available at 33.
This draft is really going to be GRRRRRRREAT !
-
Your absolutely right Horton was completely on Hue. This DC is a pure FO decision. Williams has more HC experience than Hue. And if the team should falter he will replace hue at the bye... That's why we only looked at DC's with HC expe.. Williams is not Hue's "Type" of coach anyway.
It certainly sounds as if hue wanted horton gone. Its been in the back of my mind that the nas and og drafts were maybe more hues idea cause he was trying to push horton to run more 4-3 looks. Now we get a full time 4-3 guy that will stock 4-3 edge guys and lb'ets.
Ghoolie... fetchin' coffee since 1999.
Asst's are teachers first and foremost with motivation part of the teaching. Coord's teach as well, but they are primarily schemers. HC's? Masterminds, administrators... can do some of the scheming and teaching But the danger is the more they dive into the minutia, the more they will tend to lose focus on the big picture.
It certainly sounds as if hue wanted horton gone. Its been in the back of my mind that the nas and og drafts were maybe more hues idea cause he was trying to push horton to run more 4-3 looks.
... and aggression... which kills your "nas and og" theory.
Can u guys handle that ir is it gonna be fire thst williams hack by game 3 or 4?
Not sure, but I think my answer is... Yes?
-
I think the Browns are a lock to get Allen at one. It makes no sense to me that they would pick someone else.
He's a one man wrecking crew, and with a four three, they have to fix their rotation and starting unit.
The 12 pick is the tough one. But if Foster was there, I'd have to pick him.
But then I also want Hooker at fs. But then I wonder about moving Joe Haden to fs, more likely nickle back...?
and drafting the best cb available at 33.
This draft is really going to be GRRRRRRREAT !
Joe Haden is to small to play safety. I wouldn't want him playing nickel either. He already gets burned on every crossing pattern. That's who the nickel corner covers most timesI think the Browns are a lock to get Allen at one. It makes no sense to me that they would pick someone else.
He's a one man wrecking crew, and with a four three, they have to fix their rotation and starting unit.
The 12 pick is the tough one. But if Foster was there, I'd have to pick him.
But then I also want Hooker at fs. But then I wonder about moving Joe Haden to fs, more likely nickle back...?
and drafting the best cb available at 33.
This draft is really going to be GRRRRRRREAT !
-
Williams works for me...
I don't necessarily see the increased preference for Allen over Garrett in the 4-3 look others do, however. Allen just has the look of a traditional 3-4 DE to me while Garrett with his hand primarily in the dirt as a 4-3 edge guy removes my concerns there. This is the role OAK emphasized for Khalil this season. In his three seasons he's gone from primarily a stand-up OLB to a DE/OLB split to primarily a DE.
For those when a better attuned eye for DL schemes than I have.... I assume Shelton primarily takes an A gap putting Allen over the opposite OG? If so, then I can see Allen as a modern-day Michael Dean Perry aside Danny's James Jones or Bill Johnson.
I will say that Allen's persona would seem to be better aligned with Williams' than Myles the Mild's would be...
Also occurs to me that practicing against Williams' "style" could inject added "nasty" into our OL...
Depends on what you're trying to exploit. If you see the center has issues anchoring or with protection calls, you can run a double A gap look. You can go with Danny at the traditional 1 still holding the double team and that would leave Allen at the 3-5 spot doing what he does best.
It does get interesting with Williams coming.
Depends on what you're trying to exploit. If you see the center has issues anchoring or with protection calls, you can run a double A gap look. You can go with Danny at the traditional 1 still holding the double team and that would leave Allen at the 3-5 spot doing what he does best.
So no default to the opposite OG... situational and match-up driven. Thanks... Guess I just feel Danny needs to be inside an OG's shoulder at his widest.
I dunno... just starting to hit me that we're on the verge of assembling a very strong 3-4 base and we're moving away from it... again.
-
I'm seeing the first round as being Allen and Foster. Then cb/s/og/c in the second and third rounds.
oh, waiting til the draft is going to be another aggravating long three months
-
I'm seeing the first round as being Allen and Foster. Then cb/s/og/c in the second and third rounds.
oh, waiting til the draft is going to be another aggravating long three months
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login