Greg Williams Hired
-
I'm seeing the first round as being Allen and Foster. Then cb/s/og/c in the second and third rounds.
oh, waiting til the draft is going to be another aggravating long three months
-
I'm seeing the first round as being Allen and Foster. Then cb/s/og/c in the second and third rounds.
oh, waiting til the draft is going to be another aggravating long three months
-
It wouldn't be that aggravating if you don't read this board.
Lol...that's what I say. Endless draft talk, starts in September every year when the Browns are 1-3.
-
It does get interesting with Williams coming.
Depends on what you're trying to exploit. If you see the center has issues anchoring or with protection calls, you can run a double A gap look. You can go with Danny at the traditional 1 still holding the double team and that would leave Allen at the 3-5 spot doing what he does best.
So no default to the opposite OG... situational and match-up driven. Thanks... Guess I just feel Danny needs to be inside an OG's shoulder at his widest.
I dunno... just starting to hit me that we're on the verge of assembling a very strong 3-4 base and we're moving away from it... again.
I agree it's frustrating as hell, but personnel wise I believe we're tooled better for a 4-3 defense.I dunno... just starting to hit me that we're on the verge of assembling a very strong 3-4 base and we're moving away from it... again.
That would probably leave Davis as the odd LB out of the starting lineup.
-
Yeah... Davis doesn't seem versatile enough, but also not sure Kirksey is impactful enough... and Danny was born to be a NT. And now I have Davis-like questions about Foster...
Oh well... still months to agonize.
Anyway... Hue seems to have pulled the curtain back some today of the change...
Browns coach Hue Jackson said Sunday he expects new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams to bring an "aggressive and attacking" defense to Cleveland next season.
-
Zach Cunningham from Vandy might be someone to eyeball if Foster is more akin to a Davis.
-
Browns lay to rest their ineffective 3-4 defense with hiring of Gregg Williams
-
then why the fuck did hue hire horton to begin with?
stumped.
-
It does get interesting with Williams coming.
Depends on what you're trying to exploit. If you see the center has issues anchoring or with protection calls, you can run a double A gap look. You can go with Danny at the traditional 1 still holding the double team and that would leave Allen at the 3-5 spot doing what he does best.
So no default to the opposite OG... situational and match-up driven. Thanks... Guess I just feel Danny needs to be inside an OG's shoulder at his widest.
I dunno... just starting to hit me that we're on the verge of assembling a very strong 3-4 base and we're moving away from it... again.
-
Also, chris long is gonna be a FA. Just saying
-
Garret - Meder - Shelton - Ogbah
Kirksey - Davis - Collins
Nassib and Orchard as Super Subs that you can rush from anywhere.
Now get this guy some safeties.
Z
Zombo said:
Garret - Meder - Shelton - Ogbah
Kirksey - Davis - Collins
Nassib and Orchard as Super Subs that you can rush from anywhere.
Now get this guy some safeties.
Z
http://www.si.com/2017-nfl-draft-rankings-safeties
http://overthecap.com/free-agency/
Draft or FA for safeties....take your pick
-
then why the fuck did hue hire horton to begin with? stumped.
Trying to find the other candidates Hue looked at, mik, but coming up empty except for Leslie Frazier, former bucs DC.
Seems like it was Ray all along if he did not get the Titans HC job for which he also interviewed.
Wait wut? The base of any 3-4 has to be the olb'ers
Bum would argue that with you... he favored block-eating trios up front that left his LBs free to roam... I'll bet you came name more Luv-ya-Blue era DL than you can LBs. I believe the HoF score from them is DL 2 LB 0...
That said were we to retain Collins and draft Foster I think our starting Collins-Kirksey-Foster-Orchard feels like a pretty good set.
On the other hand if we only need three? Collins - ??? - Kirksey ? What's your three?
-
then why the fuck did hue hire horton to begin with? stumped.
Trying to find the other candidates Hue looked at, mik, but coming up empty except for Leslie Frazier, former bucs DC.
Seems like it was Ray all along if he did not get the Titans HC job for which he also interviewed.
Wait wut? The base of any 3-4 has to be the olb'ers
Bum would argue that with you... he favored block-eating trios up front that left his LBs free to roam... I'll bet you came name more Luv-ya-Blue era DL than you can LBs. I believe the HoF score from them is DL 2 LB 0...
That said were we to retain Collins and draft Foster I think our starting Collins-Kirksey-Foster-Orchard feels like a pretty good set.
On the other hand if we only need three? Collins - ??? - Kirksey ? What's your three?
Trying to find the other candidates Hue looked at, mik, but coming up empty except for Leslie Frazier, former bucs DC.
Seems like it was Ray all along if he did not get the Titans HC job for which he also interviewed.
Look up Vance Joseph who was with Hue in Cinncy,now DC at Miami. Vance was to far IN to committing to Case before Hue was announced as HC..Hue still tried. Joseph was Hue's 1st choice
-
then why the fuck did hue hire horton to begin with? stumped.
Trying to find the other candidates Hue looked at, mik, but coming up empty except for Leslie Frazier, former bucs DC.
Seems like it was Ray all along if he did not get the Titans HC job for which he also interviewed.
Wait wut? The base of any 3-4 has to be the olb'ers
Bum would argue that with you... he favored block-eating trios up front that left his LBs free to roam... I'll bet you came name more Luv-ya-Blue era DL than you can LBs. I believe the HoF score from them is DL 2 LB 0...
That said were we to retain Collins and draft Foster I think our starting Collins-Kirksey-Foster-Orchard feels like a pretty good set.
On the other hand if we only need three? Collins - ??? - Kirksey ? What's your three?
That said were we to retain Collins and draft Foster I think our starting Collins-Kirksey-Foster-Orchard feels like a pretty good set.
On the other hand if we only need three? Collins - ??? - Kirksey ? What's your three?
Im not sold on Collins. Either that he wants to even be here or that he's really even that good. If Horton hadn't been fired and we stayed in the 3-4 i have zero issue saying I would not want to retain Collins as one of our OLB'ers. Just because he'd be better than the tripe we had this year at OLB'er doesn't mean shit. I'd rather draft and convert Garett than keep Collins as the starting OLB'er.
But now that we're switching to a blitz heavy 4-3, now maybe Collins makes more sense. He's "way" better at blitzing than he is coming up to the line. He's awful at the point which 3-4 OLB'ers cannot be. But as a 4-3 OLB'er he'd mostly be going up against TE's and FB's trying to hold the edge. I'm ok with that. But i saw a few tackles this year that slapped him around like a prison ho.
So right now my LB'er rotation would be Davis, Kirksey and Collins. With Collins being that 3rd roaming LB'er that you don't know if he's blitzing or not. If it were my defense Orchard is rotational depth at DE. I"d immediately tell him to put some solid mass on to get his weight up a bit, but not too much. He'd be one of those guys that against certain teams you use him as speed rush and firezoning DE. I still def want the mules like OG, Nas and hopefully Allen...to do the lions share of the heavy lifting during the season. But Orchard could be put in as a sub in certian games and maybe an outright starter in others to give one of the other guys a rest. As a 4-3 olb'er though....maybe in short yardage/goal line. That guy you can put in coverage in the short field near the goal line or bring up to the line to make a 5 man front depending on what the read is. Orch should give Wiliams some interesting ideas.
-
Garret - Meder - Shelton - Ogbah
Kirksey - Davis - Collins Zombo****************************************
I see ALLEN - Meder - Shelton - Ogbah
Kirksey - Davis/FOSTER - Collins
Garrett will have to learn to get off blocks. Allen blows up blocks, goes around them, over them, throws them out of his way.
-
then why the fuck did hue hire horton to begin with? stumped.
Trying to find the other candidates Hue looked at, mik, but coming up empty except for Leslie Frazier, former bucs DC.
Seems like it was Ray all along if he did not get the Titans HC job for which he also interviewed.
Wait wut? The base of any 3-4 has to be the olb'ers
Bum would argue that with you... he favored block-eating trios up front that left his LBs free to roam... I'll bet you came name more Luv-ya-Blue era DL than you can LBs. I believe the HoF score from them is DL 2 LB 0...
That said were we to retain Collins and draft Foster I think our starting Collins-Kirksey-Foster-Orchard feels like a pretty good set.
On the other hand if we only need three? Collins - ??? - Kirksey ? What's your three?
Trying to find the other candidates Hue looked at, mik, but coming up empty except for Leslie Frazier, former bucs DC.
Seems like it was Ray all along if he did not get the Titans HC job for which he also interviewed.
Bum would argue that with you... he favored block-eating trios up front that left his LBs free to roam... I'll bet you came name more Luv-ya-Blue era DL than you can LBs. I believe the HoF score from them is DL 2 LB 0...
That said were we to retain Collins and draft Foster I think our starting Collins-Kirksey-Foster-Orchard feels like a pretty good set.
On the other hand if we only need three? Collins - ??? - Kirksey ? What's your three?
The lack of minority coaches interviewed or even on the list of asked suggests that hue had less input in this decision than last year. Especially when hue is on record saying he will make every attempt to give minority coaches the chance. Personally i liked teryl austin but hey i guess horton was fine
-
One point to add. At least we have a viable name to put the title Interim Head Coach in front of his name. Been awhile since we've done that so we're due. And to note after watching the first weekend of playoffs. We are fucking light years and a few parsecs away from playoff caliber team. It'll be more realistic for Craftsman to come out with a industrial line of shop vacs and call them the Browns than to think that we're gonna see winning football here in the next 5 years. I wish otherwise but like the Amish folk say...Wish in one hand, shit in the other and see which one fills up first
-
So this has to have us leaning to Garrett over Allen, presumably? Assuming we don't go QB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login