Skip to content

Bad attitude? Hue loves that...

The Browns Board
38 15 1.3k
  • What people are forgetting is he played in the equivalent of 2 Bowl Games in order to beat both Ohio State and Alabama. They finished a week later than everyone else so this does impact what little time he has to rest and recuperate before preparing for the workouts and combines followed up by all the OTAs/Mini-camps he'll have with whoever drafts him.

    When you think about it, the defenses of Ohio State and Alabama had a ton of early round NFL prospects on them. There should be a lot of good film to review from those games.

    I think I'm really just trying to keep an open mind about Watson in a QB draft class I'm not wild about at all. I think he sees the field extremely well as depicted in his quick decisions.

  • What's the upside for him to play?

    How much higher could his stock be after the last two games he played?

    What if something dumb happens in the game and he gets hurt?

    Pure business decision here.

  • What people are forgetting is he played in the equivalent of 2 Bowl Games in order to beat both Ohio State and Alabama. They finished a week later than everyone else so this does impact what little time he has to rest and recuperate before preparing for the workouts and combines followed up by all the OTAs/Mini-camps he'll have with whoever drafts him.

    When you think about it, the defenses of Ohio State and Alabama had a ton of early round NFL prospects on them. There should be a lot of good film to review from those games.

    I think I'm really just trying to keep an open mind about Watson in a QB draft class I'm not wild about at all. I think he sees the field extremely well as depicted in his quick decisions.

    @flugel said:

    What people are forgetting is he played in the equivalent of 2 Bowl Games in order to beat both Ohio State and Alabama. They finished a week later than everyone else so this does impact what little time he has to rest and recuperate before preparing for the workouts and combines followed up by all the OTAs/Mini-camps he'll have with whoever drafts him.

    When you think about it, the defenses of Ohio State and Alabama had a ton of early round NFL prospects on them. There should be a lot of good film to review from those games.

    I think I'm really just trying to keep an open mind about Watson in a QB draft class I'm not wild about at all. I think he sees the field extremely well as depicted in his quick decisions.

    You might want to consider the offense he plays in before you think he sees the field 'extremely well'.

  • What's the upside for him to play?

    How much higher could his stock be after the last two games he played?

    What if something dumb happens in the game and he gets hurt?

    Pure business decision here.

    @hx214 said:

    What's the upside for him to play?

    How much higher could his stock be after the last two games he played?

    What if something dumb happens in the game and he gets hurt?

    Pure business decision here.

    The upside for him is that he gets to work for a week with the coaching staff of the team with the number one pick. If he makes a good enough impression, Hue could come away saying "wow, this is the guy for us" and he goes first overall. At the moment his rating is all over the place, from first overall in a couple of places down to second round. He could solidify himself as a top pick and make lots of money.

  • @flugel said:

    What people are forgetting is he played in the equivalent of 2 Bowl Games in order to beat both Ohio State and Alabama. They finished a week later than everyone else so this does impact what little time he has to rest and recuperate before preparing for the workouts and combines followed up by all the OTAs/Mini-camps he'll have with whoever drafts him.

    When you think about it, the defenses of Ohio State and Alabama had a ton of early round NFL prospects on them. There should be a lot of good film to review from those games.

    I think I'm really just trying to keep an open mind about Watson in a QB draft class I'm not wild about at all. I think he sees the field extremely well as depicted in his quick decisions.

    You might want to consider the offense he plays in before you think he sees the field 'extremely well'.

    @tiamat63 said:

    You might want to consider the offense he plays in before you think he sees the field 'extremely well'.

    As opposed to other QBs in this draft locking onto primary targets of their pre-determined passes in the huddle? McNabb played in the Veer Option which was very similar to the style of offense Favre played in before both guys went on to perfect WCOs. Rodgers got stereotyped for being a Tedford system QB and I'm guessing it's why he slid down into the 20s.

    My question to you is which of the top QB prospects this year were asked to read progressions?

  • We can't afford to "fuck him", if he's the real deal...

    Fortunately for you, I don't think he is... so you can plow away, nickerooo...

    P.S. Watson made the right choice...

    @tour2ma said:

    We can't afford to "fuck him", if he's the real deal...

    Fortunately for you, I don't think he is... so you can plow away, nickerooo...

    P.S. Watson made the right choice...

    That's probably true for his pocketbook his career and his draft status. That doesn't correlate to what is best for the Cleveland Browns. And as unfair as it might be that's where my loyalty lies.

    WSS

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You might want to consider the offense he plays in before you think he sees the field 'extremely well'.

    As opposed to other QBs in this draft locking onto primary targets of their pre-determined passes in the huddle? McNabb played in the Veer Option which was very similar to the style of offense Favre played in before both guys went on to perfect WCOs. Rodgers got stereotyped for being a Tedford system QB and I'm guessing it's why he slid down into the 20s.

    My question to you is which of the top QB prospects this year were asked to read progressions?

    @flugel said:

    As opposed to other QBs in this draft locking onto primary targets of their pre-determined passes in the huddle? McNabb played in the Veer Option which was very similar to the style of offense Favre played in before both guys went on to perfect WCOs. Rodgers got stereotyped for being a Tedford system QB and I'm guessing it's why he slid down into the 20s.

    My question to you is which of the top QB prospects this year were asked to read progressions?

    Ultimately I can't think of QB's that aren't asked to try and make it to their #2 if possible (save for Pat White)

    However that doesn't mean that they do or can.

  • @hx214 said:

    What's the upside for him to play?

    How much higher could his stock be after the last two games he played?

    What if something dumb happens in the game and he gets hurt?

    Pure business decision here.

    The upside for him is that he gets to work for a week with the coaching staff of the team with the number one pick. If he makes a good enough impression, Hue could come away saying "wow, this is the guy for us" and he goes first overall. At the moment his rating is all over the place, from first overall in a couple of places down to second round. He could solidify himself as a top pick and make lots of money.

    @gftchris said:

    The upside for him is that he gets to work for a week with the coaching staff of the team with the number one pick. If he makes a good enough impression, Hue could come away saying "wow, this is the guy for us" and he goes first overall. At the moment his rating is all over the place, from first overall in a couple of places down to second round. He could solidify himself as a top pick and make lots of money.

    There is way more to lose than to gain.

    Sucks for us, but I can't get behind the "bad attitude" tag.

    Now, had he lost to Ohio State or something, ya then you go.

    Dude has his stock at the zenith. No where to go but down. The unknown in this situation probably helps his allure.

  • Fuck him.. theres other QB's

    @nickers said:

    Fuck him.. theres other QB's

    Other....better QBs. (Do you think that MT would jump at the chance to play for Hue if he were eligible?)

  • We can't afford to "fuck him", if he's the real deal...

    Fortunately for you, I don't think he is... so you can plow away, nickerooo...

    P.S. Watson made the right choice...

    @tour2ma said:

    We can't afford to "fuck him", if he's the real deal...

    Fortunately for you, I don't think he is... so you can plow away, nickerooo...

    P.S. Watson made the right choice...

    He will get drafted in the Top 5 or 6 anyway. So not playing will not be that big of a deal.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You might want to consider the offense he plays in before you think he sees the field 'extremely well'.

    As opposed to other QBs in this draft locking onto primary targets of their pre-determined passes in the huddle? McNabb played in the Veer Option which was very similar to the style of offense Favre played in before both guys went on to perfect WCOs. Rodgers got stereotyped for being a Tedford system QB and I'm guessing it's why he slid down into the 20s.

    My question to you is which of the top QB prospects this year were asked to read progressions?

    @flugel said:

    As opposed to other QBs in this draft locking onto primary targets of their pre-determined passes in the huddle? McNabb played in the Veer Option which was very similar to the style of offense Favre played in before both guys went on to perfect WCOs. Rodgers got stereotyped for being a Tedford system QB and I'm guessing it's why he slid down into the 20s.

    My question to you is which of the top QB prospects this year were asked to read progressions?

    MT.....and I completely disagree that he locked on to his primary target. On the rare occasions ...and they were rare, that his O Line gave him time, he saw the field very well. Its just that in 95 times out of 100 he had about 2 seconds to throw the ball. before the heat came down on him. And he withstood that very well for the most part.

  • Is Mt not eligible to play?

    WSS

  • Is Mt not eligible to play?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Is Mt not eligible to play?

    WSS

    Apparently not under the Senior Bowl rules. Not sure what that rule entails.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Is Mt not eligible to play?

    WSS

    Apparently not under the Senior Bowl rules. Not sure what that rule entails.

    @the-gipper said:

    Apparently not under the Senior Bowl rules. Not sure what that rule entails.

    Being a senior? Watson was allowed because he'd already graduated which is presumably another way in. Trubisky I guess is neither.

  • Hue will be gone after this season, fuck what he has to say I want to see results damnit!

    Not 1 and mothafucking 15!

    GET IT TOGETHER HUE! BE THE GLUE! BITCH!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Apparently not under the Senior Bowl rules. Not sure what that rule entails.

    Being a senior? Watson was allowed because he'd already graduated which is presumably another way in. Trubisky I guess is neither.

    @gftchris said:

    Being a senior? Watson was allowed because he'd already graduated which is presumably another way in. Trubisky I guess is neither.

    Except that I heard that Trubisky has also graduated. No?

    (or, is he scheduled to graduate in spring?)

  • @gftchris said:

    Being a senior? Watson was allowed because he'd already graduated which is presumably another way in. Trubisky I guess is neither.

    Except that I heard that Trubisky has also graduated. No?

    (or, is he scheduled to graduate in spring?)

    @the-gipper said:

    Except that I heard that Trubisky has also graduated. No?

    (or, is he scheduled to graduate in spring?)

    He is a class or two away from graduation.

    http://northcarolina.247sports.com/Bolt/Trubisky-on-his-future-NFL-draft-decision-50247128

  • I actually see this as a good thing for the Browns. Personally, I don't want Watson, though I don't think he did this to slight the Browns. I hope this does hurt his drat stock enough that if the Browns DO really want him, he's available at #12, or even better, #33. I hope it puts him out of contention for the #1 pick because we need to take Garrett or Allen there. Personally I'd rather the Browns took Trubisky or Kizer.

  • If we take watson #1 i'll be enraged.....

  • I actually see this as a good thing for the Browns. Personally, I don't want Watson, though I don't think he did this to slight the Browns. I hope this does hurt his drat stock enough that if the Browns DO really want him, he's available at #12, or even better, #33. I hope it puts him out of contention for the #1 pick because we need to take Garrett or Allen there. Personally I'd rather the Browns took Trubisky or Kizer.

    @osiris said:

    I actually see this as a good thing for the Browns. Personally, I don't want Watson, though I don't think he did this to slight the Browns. I hope this does hurt his drat stock enough that if the Browns DO really want him, he's available at #12, or even better, #33. I hope it puts him out of contention for the #1 pick because we need to take Garrett or Allen there. Personally I'd rather the Browns took Trubisky or Kizer.

    Both Trubisky and Watson will go Top 5. If not, I owe someone a pitcher of Margaritas. (If Trub goes top 5, Stan owes me....but I am not sure about both of them....perhaps Z.)