Watson Undraftable
-
thats kinda the point of this thread lol not drafting a 6
I hope the FO reads it then....
Cause we have a roster FULL of 6's.....drafted a bunch last year too.....
I hope the FO reads it then....
Cause we have a roster FULL of 6's.....drafted a bunch last year too.....
wow Mud your usually the voice of reason on giving rookies more time...

I still find it difficult to judge our defensive talent based on how BADLY our defense was coached. But there were flashes that i think a competent coach can capitalize on. Hue also performed poorly as well but hopefully with this co-coaching situation they seemed to have set up he can refocus his efforts on the whole of the offense and not just on RG3 lol.
-
I hope the FO reads it then....
Cause we have a roster FULL of 6's.....drafted a bunch last year too.....
wow Mud your usually the voice of reason on giving rookies more time...

I still find it difficult to judge our defensive talent based on how BADLY our defense was coached. But there were flashes that i think a competent coach can capitalize on. Hue also performed poorly as well but hopefully with this co-coaching situation they seemed to have set up he can refocus his efforts on the whole of the offense and not just on RG3 lol.
wow Mud your usually the voice of reason on giving rookies more time...

I still find it difficult to judge our defensive talent based on how BADLY our defense was coached. But there were flashes that i think a competent coach can capitalize on. Hue also performed poorly as well but hopefully with this co-coaching situation they seemed to have set up he can refocus his efforts on the whole of the offense and not just on RG3 lol.
Yep. I'm excited to see what happens with Williams as DC.
Mike
-
I hope the FO reads it then....
Cause we have a roster FULL of 6's.....drafted a bunch last year too.....
wow Mud your usually the voice of reason on giving rookies more time...

I still find it difficult to judge our defensive talent based on how BADLY our defense was coached. But there were flashes that i think a competent coach can capitalize on. Hue also performed poorly as well but hopefully with this co-coaching situation they seemed to have set up he can refocus his efforts on the whole of the offense and not just on RG3 lol.
wow Mud your usually the voice of reason on giving rookies more time...

I still find it difficult to judge our defensive talent based on how BADLY our defense was coached. But there were flashes that i think a competent coach can capitalize on. Hue also performed poorly as well but hopefully with this co-coaching situation they seemed to have set up he can refocus his efforts on the whole of the offense and not just on RG3 lol.
Im happy to give them time....and hope some will emerge.....even with poor coaching, talent shows with great players.....collins and Kirksey shined....so you can see players when theyre there...
So...here's a lil rant on that.....consider it a happy rant tho....

I wish we could stop blaming terrible play on the coaching scheme year after year.....talent wins...and we are short on talent
I always base my comments on what I "see".....so if a guy plays GREAT...I say "he plays great".....and if a guy does nothing or plays poorly, I say "he did nothing and played poorly".....
And, unfortunately, many folks here take that observation and turn it in to "mud says this guy sucks and will never be a good player"....when Ive really only said Ive seen nothing yet.....
And I do the same with the draft.....every year there are a NUMBER of players selected who stand out and are stars from day one......and there nare many many players who start and play WELL from day one.....
So, when our picks are devoid of those performances....and we dont get the star(ever).....and barely get a starter or 2?......then I consider what "i see" to be not impressive.......ESPECIALLY when our team had a RECORD 14 PICKS.....
So....yeah Ill wait....give it time.....and I have never "condemned" this draft,....Ive just said there is nothing there(yet) thats says "good to great" draft(and there usually is with most "great" drafts)......
no stars, no stand outs, dominant, flashy or all pro's....and with #2 and 13 others, I expected some of that<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
so, while "waiting" for those players to arrive(story of our lives guys...right?)...Ima grade based upon performance , what I see....the tangible.....
And....so far.....just waiting....(not condemning)
-
I saw plenty of flash this year Mud. in fact MOST of our draft picks had moments where you can see why we drafted them. Nassib looked like a strong pick until he broke his hand and was basically never the same. except he still could bat passes down oddly lol. Ogbah came on very strong towards the end of the year, Kessler was by FAR the best QB on this team and remains the best QB on this team. Louis has alot of potential in his physical abilities but underwhelmed. Higgins looked very sure handed with what limited we saw of him. Payton plays MUCH bigger than he is i actually thought he was closer to 6'4" than him only being 6'1". Devalve started putting it together late in the year. Coleman looked impressive in game 2 then broke his hand and wasnt the same after that.
TWO of our top 3 picks suffered broken hands last season an injury that neither of them have had to deal with before.
Schobert i was disappointed with the fire is there but he needs to get stronger/faster. Jamar Taylor performed Well last year as well. Scooby got released basically, Trey Caldwell Got Released, Kindred got put on IR but was starting to look good. Drango/Coleman have a bigger learning curve than most coming from those spread offenses so we did not get to see much. -
I saw plenty of flash this year Mud. in fact MOST of our draft picks had moments where you can see why we drafted them. Nassib looked like a strong pick until he broke his hand and was basically never the same. except he still could bat passes down oddly lol. Ogbah came on very strong towards the end of the year, Kessler was by FAR the best QB on this team and remains the best QB on this team. Louis has alot of potential in his physical abilities but underwhelmed. Higgins looked very sure handed with what limited we saw of him. Payton plays MUCH bigger than he is i actually thought he was closer to 6'4" than him only being 6'1". Devalve started putting it together late in the year. Coleman looked impressive in game 2 then broke his hand and wasnt the same after that.
TWO of our top 3 picks suffered broken hands last season an injury that neither of them have had to deal with before.
Schobert i was disappointed with the fire is there but he needs to get stronger/faster. Jamar Taylor performed Well last year as well. Scooby got released basically, Trey Caldwell Got Released, Kindred got put on IR but was starting to look good. Drango/Coleman have a bigger learning curve than most coming from those spread offenses so we did not get to see much.Ok, Ill bite.....
I dont necessarily disagree with some of your view, but again, there were tiny snippets ,,,but nothing more.....which isnt enough to say any were great picks yet....I dont know what we are debating here....
I saw plenty of flash this year Mud. in fact MOST of our draft picks had moments where you can see why we drafted them.
Look, thats fine....but almost ALL players have m,oments.....even the ones we cut....that's why they're in the NFL.....good/great players have more than that...
Nassib looked like a strong pick until he broke his hand and was basically never the same. except he still could bat passes down oddly lol.
Honest assessment....Nassib had 1 ok game....3 tackles, including a freebe sack.....then vanished for the rest of the year. He clearly healed and played a bunch and there is more than enough tape to show he needs to improve A LOT to be good....bulk up, learn a few moves, etc......
Ogbah came on very strong towards the end of the year,
Yes he did, Ive been very supportive of his play and think he performed the best....by far....of all our rookies. But, compared to the rest of the league, he wasnt considered much of a standout.....which is my main point...
Kessler was by FAR the best QB on this team and remains the best QB on this team.
Which, again, isnt saying much......considering the Browns are outspoken about their desperation to find a QB. If Kessler was it, dont you think they'd promote that?
Louis has alot of potential in his physical abilities but underwhelmed.
Underwhelmed.....exactly....nothing to hang our hat on...just hope
Higgins looked very sure handed with what limited we saw of him.
Another underwhelming.....hence our continued search for WR and paying 17 million guaranteed to an 8 year journeyman...
Payton plays MUCH bigger than he is i actually thought he was closer to 6'4" than him only being 6'1".
Bigger than what??.....1 catch 3yards.....Im supposed to be impressed? call this a great pick?....isnt he suspended too?.....ugh
Devalve started putting it together late in the year.
Yes he did. A great pick?....or only ok?......again, no issues with Devalve....hope he evolves into someone we someday call a GREAT pick.....right now, average player at best....
Coleman looked impressive in game 2 then broke his hand and wasnt the same after that
Just like Nassib.....1 good game.....Coleman missed all of preseason.....then had 2 zeroi games and 1 good game....then missed a bunch of games (again).....then played half a season and was completely underwhelming......a disappointing season for our first round pick and certainly not I had in mind when we entered that draft with the #2.....
Can he get better?.....of course......but, SO FAR, does that look like a great pick?....nope.
TWO of our top 3 picks suffered broken hands last season an injury that neither of them have had to deal with before.So?....they both came back and played less than great....so thats all we can judge, right?.....lets hope they live upto their lofty draft status next year, eh?.....as soon as he plays great, I will say "wow, he played great"......
Schobert i was disappointed with the fire is there but he needs to get stronger/faster.Disappointing....yep....
Jamar Taylor performed Well last year as well.
Taylor wasnt a draft pick....
Scooby got released basically,
Yep. Yet another underwhelming disappointment....how many is that so far?
Trey Caldwell Got Released,
Yep...ditto....
Kindred got put on IR but was starting to look good.
Kindred showed some good tackling and decent run support, but is basically a clone with Campbell....who also flashed as a rookie.....but both have shown they cannot cover well....hence our perceived need to draft safety
Drango
Drango did pretty well.....no issues here....like the pick
/Coleman
Was invisible....injured....came in following surgery.....all understandable WHY he didnt play, but certainly cant grade this pick an A, when there is no production.....so, based upon what Ive seen so far....nothing impressive to report....
have a bigger learning curve than most coming from those spread offenses so we did not get to see much.
So...there you go.....14 picks and none are "over whelming"....most underwhelming......it's just the truth....not being mean....just honest and forthright..
Doesnt mean you cant hope....and support them.....and just adjust your grade as you go.....
Hopefully A BUNCH of these guys get better
-
What about boody Calhoun?
-
Thats an incredibly Jaded look at it Mud. If your grades dont take into account circumstance or motor then your grades are not reflective of previous statements.
We drafted on Potential and college pedigree which is a fine plan. ask the cowboys or the seahawks because is the exact same way they draft and pick up UDFA's
Regardless and back to the topic at Hand
Watson showed that he was atleast more athletic than most NFL QB's but on tape his arm strength comes to the for front. None of his passes have the same level of zip that Mahomes or Trubisky or Webb have. I'm really hoping he gets drafted early just to take away the chance of us being saddled with him for next couple of years. -
Thats an incredibly Jaded look at it Mud. If your grades dont take into account circumstance or motor then your grades are not reflective of previous statements.
We drafted on Potential and college pedigree which is a fine plan. ask the cowboys or the seahawks because is the exact same way they draft and pick up UDFA's
Regardless and back to the topic at Hand
Watson showed that he was atleast more athletic than most NFL QB's but on tape his arm strength comes to the for front. None of his passes have the same level of zip that Mahomes or Trubisky or Webb have. I'm really hoping he gets drafted early just to take away the chance of us being saddled with him for next couple of years.Thats an incredibly Jaded look at it Mud. If your grades dont take into account circumstance or motor then your grades are not reflective of previous statements.
We drafted on Potential and college pedigree which is a fine plan. ask the cowboys or the seahawks because is the exact same way they draft and pick up UDFA's
Regardless and back to the topic at Hand
Watson showed that he was atleast more athletic than most NFL QB's but on tape his arm strength comes to the for front. None of his passes have the same level of zip that Mahomes or Trubisky or Webb have. I'm really hoping he gets drafted early just to take away the chance of us being saddled with him for next couple of years.
I've said it before Watson is RG IV with a weaker arm. (and that's just traits, not skin color)
-
Thats an incredibly Jaded look at it Mud. If your grades dont take into account circumstance or motor then your grades are not reflective of previous statements.
We drafted on Potential and college pedigree which is a fine plan. ask the cowboys or the seahawks because is the exact same way they draft and pick up UDFA's
Regardless and back to the topic at Hand
Watson showed that he was atleast more athletic than most NFL QB's but on tape his arm strength comes to the for front. None of his passes have the same level of zip that Mahomes or Trubisky or Webb have. I'm really hoping he gets drafted early just to take away the chance of us being saddled with him for next couple of years.
I've said it before Watson is RG IV with a weaker arm. (and that's just traits, not skin color)
-
Christian Ponder is the best comparison
Ponder and Watson are both the same size. ponder was roughly 8 pounds heavier for the combine.
both sported a high INT Percentage. Both had the same size arms and same ball velocity 49mph and 51mph respectively.
40yd dash Watson 4.66 Ponder 4.65
Vertical Watson 32.5 Ponder 34.0
Broad Jump Watson 119.0 Ponder 116.0
3 Cone Watson 6.95 Ponder 6.85
20yd Shuttle Watson 4.31 Ponder 4.09
Frankly his Marcus Mariota comp on nfl.com is a ridiculous comparison -
Thats an incredibly Jaded look at it Mud. If your grades dont take into account circumstance or motor then your grades are not reflective of previous statements.
We drafted on Potential and college pedigree which is a fine plan. ask the cowboys or the seahawks because is the exact same way they draft and pick up UDFA's
Regardless and back to the topic at Hand
Watson showed that he was atleast more athletic than most NFL QB's but on tape his arm strength comes to the for front. None of his passes have the same level of zip that Mahomes or Trubisky or Webb have. I'm really hoping he gets drafted early just to take away the chance of us being saddled with him for next couple of years.
I've said it before Watson is RG IV with a weaker arm. (and that's just traits, not skin color)
I've said it before Watson is RG IV with a weaker arm. (and that's just traits, not skin color)
I'd still like to know how many 1 year starters in major division 1 college football went on to become a savior for an NFL franchise in our situation. If you're already looking for every excuse under the sun why Trubisky lost both of his only 2 starts you watched, please enlighten me how Cleveland becomes Easy Street for the lad in 2017?
When I watched the combines, I didn't see a QB throw better passes during the out routes than Watson. And when they threw deep balls, the guy who explained the drill stopped it to remind the QBs he wanted them putting air under the throws rather than firing them with heat. it was a drill to measure how well a Qb can fit in his throw in anticipation of where he projects the receiver to be. The best 2 in that drill Trubisky and Watson.
I don't remember seeing Watson throw the soft knuckle balls all day to be quite honest. Then again, when the WRs were running from sideline to sideline catching passes from QBs on both sides of them -maybe that could have been the drill the Mitch L fan club wants to celebrate in the after math. I do remember Jeremiah, Mayock and Casserly all saying Watson showed a strong arm at the combines. I thought I also read that Tour was most impressed by Watson. And when you were church mouse quiet after the combines, I'm guessing he looked better than you hoped he would as well.
-
Christian Ponder is the best comparison
Ponder and Watson are both the same size. ponder was roughly 8 pounds heavier for the combine.
both sported a high INT Percentage. Both had the same size arms and same ball velocity 49mph and 51mph respectively.
40yd dash Watson 4.66 Ponder 4.65
Vertical Watson 32.5 Ponder 34.0
Broad Jump Watson 119.0 Ponder 116.0
3 Cone Watson 6.95 Ponder 6.85
20yd Shuttle Watson 4.31 Ponder 4.09
Frankly his Marcus Mariota comp on nfl.com is a ridiculous comparisonChristian Ponder is the best comparison
Ponder and Watson are both the same size. ponder was roughly 8 pounds heavier for the combine.
both sported a high INT Percentage. Both had the same size arms and same ball velocity 49mph and 51mph respectively.
40yd dash Watson 4.66 Ponder 4.65
Vertical Watson 32.5 Ponder 34.0
Broad Jump Watson 119.0 Ponder 116.0
3 Cone Watson 6.95 Ponder 6.85
20yd Shuttle Watson 4.31 Ponder 4.09
Frankly his Marcus Mariota comp on nfl.com is a ridiculous comparison
You mean this wasn't a track star trying to play a WildDawg/Kent State QB position from a shot gun all this time?
So where are we on 1 year college starters acing their NFL rookie gig? I get it. Trubisky played high school football in Mentor, Ohio but let's not act like Watson is the only prospect with flaws. Charlie Frye grew up in Ohio wishing he could play for the Browns some day too. He was even the MVP of the Senior Bowl before he learned what it was like to play QB for the Cleveland Browns.
-
Christian Ponder is the best comparison
Ponder and Watson are both the same size. ponder was roughly 8 pounds heavier for the combine.
both sported a high INT Percentage. Both had the same size arms and same ball velocity 49mph and 51mph respectively.
40yd dash Watson 4.66 Ponder 4.65
Vertical Watson 32.5 Ponder 34.0
Broad Jump Watson 119.0 Ponder 116.0
3 Cone Watson 6.95 Ponder 6.85
20yd Shuttle Watson 4.31 Ponder 4.09
Frankly his Marcus Mariota comp on nfl.com is a ridiculous comparison
You mean this wasn't a track star trying to play a WildDawg/Kent State QB position from a shot gun all this time?
So where are we on 1 year college starters acing their NFL rookie gig? I get it. Trubisky played high school football in Mentor, Ohio but let's not act like Watson is the only prospect with flaws. Charlie Frye grew up in Ohio wishing he could play for the Browns some day too. He was even the MVP of the Senior Bowl before he learned what it was like to play QB for the Cleveland Browns.
You mean this wasn't a track star trying to play a WildDawg/Kent State QB position from a shot gun all this time?
So where are we on 1 year college starters acing their NFL rookie gig? I get it. Trubisky played high school football in Mentor, Ohio but let's not act like Watson is the only prospect with flaws. Charlie Frye grew up in Ohio wishing he could play for the Browns some day too. He was even the MVP of the Senior Bowl before he learned what it was like to play QB for the Cleveland Browns.
flip of that same coin how many Clemson QB's have had success in the nfl?
-
You mean this wasn't a track star trying to play a WildDawg/Kent State QB position from a shot gun all this time?
So where are we on 1 year college starters acing their NFL rookie gig? I get it. Trubisky played high school football in Mentor, Ohio but let's not act like Watson is the only prospect with flaws. Charlie Frye grew up in Ohio wishing he could play for the Browns some day too. He was even the MVP of the Senior Bowl before he learned what it was like to play QB for the Cleveland Browns.
flip of that same coin how many Clemson QB's have had success in the nfl?
flip of that same coin how many Clemson QB's have had success in the nfl?
So I'll consider your lack of an answer to my question to be zero 1 year starters from major DI programs have gone on to ace their rookie NFL gigs.
I don't ever remember Clemson to be putting WRs in the NFL nearly as the last 5 years or so to reflect how much their passing game has evolved. Your boy Boyd got cut. While we're at it, how many former NC QBS have gone on to become full time starters on NFL rosters for at least 1 year over the last 3 or 4 decades?
All that said, which one of us wants a QB in this draft at #1 or #12 overall? It's not me.
-
damn right webb in the second or a trade up to get in front of arizona*.
-
Christian Ponder is the best comparison
Ponder and Watson are both the same size. ponder was roughly 8 pounds heavier for the combine.
both sported a high INT Percentage. Both had the same size arms and same ball velocity 49mph and 51mph respectively.
40yd dash Watson 4.66 Ponder 4.65
Vertical Watson 32.5 Ponder 34.0
Broad Jump Watson 119.0 Ponder 116.0
3 Cone Watson 6.95 Ponder 6.85
20yd Shuttle Watson 4.31 Ponder 4.09
Frankly his Marcus Mariota comp on nfl.com is a ridiculous comparisonChristian Ponder is the best comparison
Ponder and Watson are both the same size. ponder was roughly 8 pounds heavier for the combine.
both sported a high INT Percentage. Both had the same size arms and same ball velocity 49mph and 51mph respectively.
40yd dash Watson 4.66 Ponder 4.65
Vertical Watson 32.5 Ponder 34.0
Broad Jump Watson 119.0 Ponder 116.0
3 Cone Watson 6.95 Ponder 6.85
20yd Shuttle Watson 4.31 Ponder 4.09
Frankly his Marcus Mariota comp on nfl.com is a ridiculous comparison
They compared Fournette to goddamn Bo Jackson haha.
-
I've said it before Watson is RG IV with a weaker arm. (and that's just traits, not skin color)
I'd still like to know how many 1 year starters in major division 1 college football went on to become a savior for an NFL franchise in our situation. If you're already looking for every excuse under the sun why Trubisky lost both of his only 2 starts you watched, please enlighten me how Cleveland becomes Easy Street for the lad in 2017?
When I watched the combines, I didn't see a QB throw better passes during the out routes than Watson. And when they threw deep balls, the guy who explained the drill stopped it to remind the QBs he wanted them putting air under the throws rather than firing them with heat. it was a drill to measure how well a Qb can fit in his throw in anticipation of where he projects the receiver to be. The best 2 in that drill Trubisky and Watson.
I don't remember seeing Watson throw the soft knuckle balls all day to be quite honest. Then again, when the WRs were running from sideline to sideline catching passes from QBs on both sides of them -maybe that could have been the drill the Mitch L fan club wants to celebrate in the after math. I do remember Jeremiah, Mayock and Casserly all saying Watson showed a strong arm at the combines. I thought I also read that Tour was most impressed by Watson. And when you were church mouse quiet after the combines, I'm guessing he looked better than you hoped he would as well.
I'd still like to know how many 1 year starters in major division 1 college football went on to become a savior for an NFL franchise in our situation. If you're already looking for every excuse under the sun why Trubisky lost both of his only 2 starts you watched, please enlighten me how Cleveland becomes Easy Street for the lad in 2017?
When I watched the combines, I didn't see a QB throw better passes during the out routes than Watson. And when they threw deep balls, the guy who explained the drill stopped it to remind the QBs he wanted them putting air under the throws rather than firing them with heat. it was a drill to measure how well a Qb can fit in his throw in anticipation of where he projects the receiver to be. The best 2 in that drill Trubisky and Watson.
I don't remember seeing Watson throw the soft knuckle balls all day to be quite honest. Then again, when the WRs were running from sideline to sideline catching passes from QBs on both sides of them -maybe that could have been the drill the Mitch L fan club wants to celebrate in the after math. I do remember Jeremiah, Mayock and Casserly all saying Watson showed a strong arm at the combines. I thought I also read that Tour was most impressed by Watson. And when you were church mouse quiet after the combines, I'm guessing he looked better than you hoped he would as well.
This isn't a Trubisky discussion Tom, so why bring him up?.
A few scout comments on his pro day? "Average". Hue felt "the earth move" with RG III in a workout similar to the combine. Caine posted Gabbert's measurables- I'd say scarily similar. Yup, 1-1 in National Championship games. Would have been 0-2 if the refs were wearing their glasses. Quarterback production in the college game doesn't always translate to the pros. Fact. Watson played on a great team- another fact. Should I post the list of Heisman QB busts to refresh your memory?
If you love Watson, great. I don't. I'll put Kizer in the same don't care for him either boat. If we don't take Mitch, there's around 3 other QBs I like better than Watson- another fact.
-
I'd still like to know how many 1 year starters in major division 1 college football went on to become a savior for an NFL franchise in our situation. If you're already looking for every excuse under the sun why Trubisky lost both of his only 2 starts you watched, please enlighten me how Cleveland becomes Easy Street for the lad in 2017?
When I watched the combines, I didn't see a QB throw better passes during the out routes than Watson. And when they threw deep balls, the guy who explained the drill stopped it to remind the QBs he wanted them putting air under the throws rather than firing them with heat. it was a drill to measure how well a Qb can fit in his throw in anticipation of where he projects the receiver to be. The best 2 in that drill Trubisky and Watson.
I don't remember seeing Watson throw the soft knuckle balls all day to be quite honest. Then again, when the WRs were running from sideline to sideline catching passes from QBs on both sides of them -maybe that could have been the drill the Mitch L fan club wants to celebrate in the after math. I do remember Jeremiah, Mayock and Casserly all saying Watson showed a strong arm at the combines. I thought I also read that Tour was most impressed by Watson. And when you were church mouse quiet after the combines, I'm guessing he looked better than you hoped he would as well.
This isn't a Trubisky discussion Tom, so why bring him up?.
A few scout comments on his pro day? "Average". Hue felt "the earth move" with RG III in a workout similar to the combine. Caine posted Gabbert's measurables- I'd say scarily similar. Yup, 1-1 in National Championship games. Would have been 0-2 if the refs were wearing their glasses. Quarterback production in the college game doesn't always translate to the pros. Fact. Watson played on a great team- another fact. Should I post the list of Heisman QB busts to refresh your memory?
If you love Watson, great. I don't. I'll put Kizer in the same don't care for him either boat. If we don't take Mitch, there's around 3 other QBs I like better than Watson- another fact.
This isn't a Trubisky discussion Tom, so why bring him up?.
A few scout comments on his pro day? "Average". Hue felt "the earth move" with RG III in a workout similar to the combine. Caine posted Gabbert's measurables- I'd say scarily similar. Yup, 1-1 in National Championship games. Would have been 0-2 if the refs were wearing their glasses. Quarterback production in the college game doesn't always translate to the pros. Fact. Watson played on a great team- another fact. Should I post the list of Heisman QB busts to refresh your memory?
If you love Watson, great. I don't. I'll put Kizer in the same don't care for him either boat. If we don't take Mitch, there's around 3 other QBs I like better than Watson- another fact.
Not wanting ANY QB in the first round of this draft means I don't LOVE any of them Lancelot. I don't love Watson nearly as much as I hate seeing an ignorance that would make the Ku Klux Klan really proud of your clutch RG3 stereotype based on skin color only. Have you ever seen the replay of this pick play you keep needing to hide behind? Watson could have walked in for a TD untouched. You do know they had the ball at the 2 yard line right? Did his coach choose to run or pass? And why? Because his QB sucks or wins? In order to get all the way to that point, he had to be doing a lot right like beating Ohio State by 31 points.
Going 28-2 at Clemson the last 2 years on a team that won't have a 1/4 of the 1st and 2nd round draft picks that Alabama will have doesn't HAVE to make him the next RG3 Larry. While RG3 has a stronger arm than Watson, Watson has much better vision, pocket presence and anticipation that RG3. As we saw with DA,Weeden and RG3, being late with a strong arm means less than being on time with an average arm. Here comes that vision thing again.
I watched the combines you found too inconvenient to talk about. Having said that, I did notice Daniel Jeremiah found his workout at Clemson to be far less impressive than the combine so I see why you only need to focus on that one.
If we draft Trubisky - I'll root like Hell for the kid. That's more than I can say for what you'd do if we draft Watson. If we draft either guy at #1 or #12 I'll be too preoccupied with panic attacks to hear the boos during their inevitable growing pains. I've never pretended I needed to quit my day job to predict what college QBs will be football messiahs for the worst NFL teams. Having aid that,you've seen parts of 2 games Trubisky lost during his entire scholarship. How do you know this guy isn't anything more than the Fail for Cardale idea from a small body of work? You don't so who's being ridiculous with their expectations about a QB in this thread me?
-
This isn't a Trubisky discussion Tom, so why bring him up?.
A few scout comments on his pro day? "Average". Hue felt "the earth move" with RG III in a workout similar to the combine. Caine posted Gabbert's measurables- I'd say scarily similar. Yup, 1-1 in National Championship games. Would have been 0-2 if the refs were wearing their glasses. Quarterback production in the college game doesn't always translate to the pros. Fact. Watson played on a great team- another fact. Should I post the list of Heisman QB busts to refresh your memory?
If you love Watson, great. I don't. I'll put Kizer in the same don't care for him either boat. If we don't take Mitch, there's around 3 other QBs I like better than Watson- another fact.
Not wanting ANY QB in the first round of this draft means I don't LOVE any of them Lancelot. I don't love Watson nearly as much as I hate seeing an ignorance that would make the Ku Klux Klan really proud of your clutch RG3 stereotype based on skin color only. Have you ever seen the replay of this pick play you keep needing to hide behind? Watson could have walked in for a TD untouched. You do know they had the ball at the 2 yard line right? Did his coach choose to run or pass? And why? Because his QB sucks or wins? In order to get all the way to that point, he had to be doing a lot right like beating Ohio State by 31 points.
Going 28-2 at Clemson the last 2 years on a team that won't have a 1/4 of the 1st and 2nd round draft picks that Alabama will have doesn't HAVE to make him the next RG3 Larry. While RG3 has a stronger arm than Watson, Watson has much better vision, pocket presence and anticipation that RG3. As we saw with DA,Weeden and RG3, being late with a strong arm means less than being on time with an average arm. Here comes that vision thing again.
I watched the combines you found too inconvenient to talk about. Having said that, I did notice Daniel Jeremiah found his workout at Clemson to be far less impressive than the combine so I see why you only need to focus on that one.
If we draft Trubisky - I'll root like Hell for the kid. That's more than I can say for what you'd do if we draft Watson. If we draft either guy at #1 or #12 I'll be too preoccupied with panic attacks to hear the boos during their inevitable growing pains. I've never pretended I needed to quit my day job to predict what college QBs will be football messiahs for the worst NFL teams. Having aid that,you've seen parts of 2 games Trubisky lost during his entire scholarship. How do you know this guy isn't anything more than the Fail for Cardale idea from a small body of work? You don't so who's being ridiculous with their expectations about a QB in this thread me?
Not wanting ANY QB in the first round of this draft means I don't LOVE any of them Lancelot. I don't love Watson nearly as much as I hate seeing an ignorance that would make the Ku Klux Klan really proud of your clutch RG3 stereotype based on skin color only. Have you ever seen the replay of this pick play you keep needing to hide behind? Watson could have walked in for a TD untouched. You do know they had the ball at the 2 yard line right? Did his coach choose to run or pass? And why? Because his QB sucks or wins?
Going 28-2 at Clemson the last 2 years on a team that won't have a 1/4 of the 1st and 2nd round draft picks that Alabama will have doesn't HAVE to make him the next RG3 Larry. While RG3 has a stronger arm than Watson, Watson has much better vision, pocket presence and anticipation that RG3. As we saw with DA,Weeden and RG3, being late with a strong arm means less than being on time with an average arm. Here comes that vision thing again.
I watched the combines you found too inconvenient to talk about. Having said that, I did notice Daniel Jeremiah found his workout at Clemson to be far less impressive than the combine so I see why you only need to focus on that one.
If we draft Trubisky - I'll root like Hell for the kid. That's more than I can say for what you'd do if we draft Watson. If we draft either guy at #1 or #12 I'll be too preoccupied with panic attacks to hear the boos during their inevitable growing pains. I've never pretended I needed to quit my day job to predict what college QBs will be football messiahs for the worst NFL teams.
Read my posts much?
"I've said it before Watson is RG IV with a weaker arm. (and that's just traits, not skin color)"
So can the Clan Comment. In fact you owe me an apology for being inattentive. Caine duly corrected me that Gabbert is a more apt comparison.
Your just as guilty picking and choosing stuff that pumps Watson up. So boo-hoo if some guys like Jeremiah backed off on their combine assessment at his pro day. Did Watson have a better combine than Mitch? Sure he did- find where I said otherwise. What I'm scared of is assuming the gun numbers are correct (they may not be) Watson doesn't even have an "average" arm- he has a worse than Connor Shaw pop gun. As I alluded to- Griffin looked like Da Bomb to Hue under similar circumstances. Damn near any NFL prospect can look good standing there with no pass rush and throw 50 yard bombs- and I've faulted Hue time and time again for not taking that into consideration when he signed R Glass. OK, that's one nice thing I can say about Watson- in the Alabama game, he absorbed a few NFL level kill shots and didn't get injured.
Tour posted some stuff that Mitch needs to work on- duly noted. We're not drafting him @ #1. Remains to be seen if he'll still be there @ #12. BTW, with Pryor out the door- I won't be upset at all if we draft Mike Williams @ #12.
-
Watson come here we need you.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login