Skip to content

If it really is Hue thats pushing for Trubisky....

The Browns Board
68 20 1.8k
  • @mudfly said:

    Ive never heard anyone call Garrett a sure fire, cant miss future HOFer,,,,just hear that he's the best prospect available.....(U got a better one that passes the sniff test?)

    Hey, I was there and can assure you that those guys(Wimbley, Taylor, Warren and Mingo) were NOWHERE near the prospect that Garret is and no one said they were......

    Courtney Brown was....but injuries happen and are unpredictable.....cant pass on a draft choice cause he might someday get hurt.....that can/does happen to the best of them....

    And, even Courtney Brown had some bigger questions......why?.....Lavar Arrington.....no one knew if it was Arrington or Brown who was the superstar....or if one made the other better.....coin flip......

    I just don't see him as the franchise changer that most here think he will be. What passes my sniff test? Well, most will hate it, but I would like to see us trade back to around 6-8 and still add a Blue Chip/immediate starter, plus another probable/possible starter with whatever pick(s) we got for the trade.

    The dike still has way too many holes in it and needs quality patches everywhere.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @d-bone said:

    I just don't see him as the franchise changer that most here think he will be. What passes my sniff test? Well, most will hate it, but I would like to see us trade back to around 6-8 and still add a Blue Chip/immediate starter, plus another probable/possible starter with whatever pick(s) we got for the trade.

    The dike still has way too many holes in it and needs quality patches everywhere.

    Right....and agree that many wouldnt agree...

    Clearly...it is the exact plan that this team has used repeatedly.....and unsuccessfully.....to draft 2 average to below average players, whilst passing on instant impact players and stars....

    We need impact players and are in position to get them annually.....we gotta start drafting some of them sooner or later...

  • @d-bone said:

    I just don't see him as the franchise changer that most here think he will be. What passes my sniff test? Well, most will hate it, but I would like to see us trade back to around 6-8 and still add a Blue Chip/immediate starter, plus another probable/possible starter with whatever pick(s) we got for the trade.

    The dike still has way too many holes in it and needs quality patches everywhere.

    Right....and agree that many wouldnt agree...

    Clearly...it is the exact plan that this team has used repeatedly.....and unsuccessfully.....to draft 2 average to below average players, whilst passing on instant impact players and stars....

    We need impact players and are in position to get them annually.....we gotta start drafting some of them sooner or later...

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @mudfly said:

    Right....and agree that many wouldnt agree...

    Clearly...it is the exact plan that this team has used repeatedly.....and unsuccessfully.....to draft 2 average to below average players, whilst passing on instant impact players and stars....

    We need impact players and are in position to get them annually.....we gotta start drafting some of them sooner or later...

    It doesn't matter where you pick - it matters who you pick.

  • @mudfly said:

    Right....and agree that many wouldnt agree...

    Clearly...it is the exact plan that this team has used repeatedly.....and unsuccessfully.....to draft 2 average to below average players, whilst passing on instant impact players and stars....

    We need impact players and are in position to get them annually.....we gotta start drafting some of them sooner or later...

    It doesn't matter where you pick - it matters who you pick.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @d-bone said:

    It doesn't matter where you pick - it matters who you pick.

    and who you can pick is dictated by where you pick.....simple math....(if the good ones are gone, then you cant pick em)

  • @d-bone said:

    It doesn't matter where you pick - it matters who you pick.

    and who you can pick is dictated by where you pick.....simple math....(if the good ones are gone, then you cant pick em)

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @mudfly said:

    and who you can pick is dictated by where you pick.....simple math....(if the good ones are gone, then you cant pick em)

    ... unless the teams that picked the 6 QBs before you take Brady all took the wrong player, then the right one is still out there for you to take..... simple math (if the bad ones are picked, then you can still pick the good one)

  • @mudfly said:

    and who you can pick is dictated by where you pick.....simple math....(if the good ones are gone, then you cant pick em)

    ... unless the teams that picked the 6 QBs before you take Brady all took the wrong player, then the right one is still out there for you to take..... simple math (if the bad ones are picked, then you can still pick the good one)

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #32

    @d-bone said:

    ... unless the teams that picked the 6 QBs before you take Brady all took the wrong player, then the right one is still out there for you to take..... simple math (if the bad ones are picked, then you can still pick the good one)

    So....in summary....we are to give up the high picks for lower picks.....then rely on the other teams to miss their picks....then rely on our FO to properly identify those missed picks...then we get Tom Brady.....

    Brilliant....

  • @d-bone said:

    ... unless the teams that picked the 6 QBs before you take Brady all took the wrong player, then the right one is still out there for you to take..... simple math (if the bad ones are picked, then you can still pick the good one)

    So....in summary....we are to give up the high picks for lower picks.....then rely on the other teams to miss their picks....then rely on our FO to properly identify those missed picks...then we get Tom Brady.....

    Brilliant....

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @mudfly said:

    So....in summary....we are to give up the high picks.....then rely on the other teams to miss their picks....then rely on our FO to properly identify those missed picks...then we get Tom Brady.....

    Brilliant....

    Or, you can stay at 1 and take Courtney Brown
    Brilliant....
    (guess that goes back to my earlier statement)..........

    @d-bone said:

    It doesn't matter where you pick - it matters who you pick.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #34

    But thats the whole point Dbone...there are NO guarantees.....not with the #1 or with your plan.....so the argument that he could be a bust goes both ways and isnt a reason to move back(and INCREASE the bust potential).....which brings you full circle to where your odds are best...which is at the top of the draft.....its statistically proven, no matter how many Courtney Browns and Tom Bradys you throw at me....

    Garrett looks like he could be the next von miller....and the 5th DE to be picked cant say the same....

  • Boy, the more the media and the fans proclaim Garrett as a sure fire, can't miss future HoF inductee, the more scared I get..... It reminds me of when my brother went on and on about how great of a movie Gladiator was, and then 3 mind numbing hours into it, I wanted to strangle him.

    I'm having visions of Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Phil Taylor, Kam Wimbley and Suckevious Mingo all holding hands, singing "We are the busts" while they smile like the Joker, and flip us the bird.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @d-bone said:

    Boy, the more the media and the fans proclaim Garrett as a sure fire, can't miss future HoF inductee, the more scared I get..... It reminds me of when my brother went on and on about how great of a movie Gladiator was, and then 3 mind numbing hours into it, I wanted to strangle him.

    Not sure I want to know, but who does your brother want us to take at #1?

    Please don't say Garrett... Please don't say Garrett... Please, anyone, but Garrett... Please don't say Garrett...

    @clevfan4life said:

    Yeah i heard today that now it hue that wants garett. So naybe its the front office tgat wants trubs. I dunno but this is getting on my nerves. Exactly why i just wanted them to say "its garett" weeks ago.

    Press is just covering all the bases...

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Or maybe they want to 49ers to believe they might pick Trubisky and want them to move up a spot to make sure that they don't. If I were the Browns, that would be best case scenario. Get some extra picks and still get Garrett.

    ... so make the trade. Then when SF takes Garrett, and the world is laughing at us... again... what do you do?

    SF wants Cousins... and they are willing to wait for him another year, if they have to do so...

  • Just to be Devil's Advocate here, what if the first 11 look like this? Who would you then take of the remainder @ 12 and 33? Assume that Hooker goes to the Cards if you don't take him and Mahomes is still on the board @33. Keep everyone else the same. Would you trade down from 12 and/or up from 33 for anyone?

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799773/article/chad-reuter-6round-mock-draft-browns-take-trubisky-no-1

    I would trade down about 3 slots and if Barnett, McKinley and Willis are still there, I'd trade down again about 2-3 and take whichever one is left. I see them all about equal. Then I try to trade up with some of that new ammunition for BPA to around 18-20. If Miami's TE is there, take him in a NY minute. I wait on the safeties for two reasons, there are a ton in this draft and even more in next year's. Take a look at all the safeties and CBs in 2018 first round. Add Texas A&M CB convert to Safety Donovan Wilson who will be the better hitter of the two from A&M.

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2018charlie_1.php

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @texasag1969 said:

    Just to be Devil's Advocate here, what if the first 11 look like this? Who would you then take of the remainder @ 12 and 33? Assume that Hooker goes to the Cards if you don't take him and Mahomes is still on the board @33. Keep everyone else the same. Would you trade down from 12 and/or up from 33 for anyone?

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000799773/article/chad-reuter-6round-mock-draft-browns-take-trubisky-no-1

    Honestly, after that first round I would not give a flying fuck... but since it's you that asked, I'll suck it up... but without considering trades.

    At 33, I think I'd grab a Taco... would be about the time the "munchies" hit, since I was cleared stoned out of my gourd all of Day 1. Cunningham is down a bit further, but I'd at least think about reaching for him.

    At 52... none of the picks made from 52 thru round's end do much of anything for me... So I think I'd look at reaching into the names at the top of Round 3. And the greatest 2017 impact I see is in Bowser. Ultimately S. Jones may be "the guy", but the injury and the wait simply DQ him in the 2nd... I'd still take him at the top of the 3rd... just not near the middle of the 2nd.

    At 65... it'd be S. Jones (CB), if I have to wait a year, so be it...

    Runners up would be Bowser and Butt... which sounds like a Cop show...

  • @clevfan4life said:

    And garett goes somewhere else and gets 8-9 or more sacks, and trubiskys on the bench by years end........bye hue, hi coach williams

    The good news(I think?) is that this FO does not give a shit what Hue wants.....they're not on the same page....at all.....

    @tour2ma said:

    Trubisky and elite? no comprende...

    Eggs actlee.....Ive not heard those 2 words in the same sentence....ever......(Trubs & Elite)

    @calfoxwc said:

    I like the players they got instead, and the second 1st rnd pick this year.

    Right.....Corey Coleman makes it easy to forget about Bosa, Wentz and Elliot.......he owned the league, whilst the other schmucks were just schmucks.....right?

    @d-bone said:

    Boy, the more the media and the fans proclaim Garrett as a sure fire, can't miss future HoF inductee, the more scared I get.....

    I'm having visions of Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Phil Taylor, Kam Wimbley and Suckevious Mingo all holding hands, singing "We are the busts" while they smile like the Joker, and flip us the bird.

    Ive never heard anyone call Garrett a sure fire, cant miss future HOFer,,,,just hear that he's the best prospect available.....(U got a better one that passes the sniff test?)

    Hey, I was there and can assure you that those guys(Wimbley, Taylor, Warren and Mingo) were NOWHERE near the prospect that Garret is and no one said they were......

    Courtney Brown was....but injuries happen and are unpredictable.....cant pass on a draft choice cause he might someday get hurt.....that can/does happen to the best of them....

    And, even Courtney Brown had some bigger questions......why?.....Lavar Arrington.....no one knew if it was Arrington or Brown who was the superstar....or if one made the other better.....coin flip......

    @logicisforsquares said:

    .... that would be best case scenario. Get some extra picks and still get Garrett.

    Or get burned......lose Garrett.....then act like it was the plan......(we've seen that before with this group)

    @flugel said:

    I've just never seen knee jerking up for a QB benefit us so can someone assure me why THIS is the year to be confident in that?

    Right....which has been my battle cry all along.....if he's THE GUY....take him......but STOP burning high picks on your second choice(who CLEARLY ISNT THE GUY).....

    Last year I ranted about Kessler and WASTING a 3rd rounder on a backup.....and sooooooooooo many people said it was a good pick and he wasnt meant to be BU, etc.....and my bottom line was this: IF we are talking QB in the first round(this year), then it was a wasted pick(coulda tapped a BU later.....or ftm, a starter)....

    And....we are talking QB in the first.....and QB as a top priority.....so, to me, last years rant has been justified......wasted a third...

    Bottom line.....if this FO blows the draft and overspends AGAIN on a shit QB(one year after passing on Wentz and Prescott).....then every last one of them should be burned at the stake and have their ashes fed to pigs.....

    And for the OP......Hue will not be the reason....cause Shashi aint listening to no coaches.....and last years cuts(along with Hues comments) pretty much back that up.....Hue coaches Hue he is given....thats it....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @mudfly said:

    1. The good news(I think?) is that this FO does not give a shit what Hue wants.....they're not on the same page....at all.....
    And, even Courtney Brown had some bigger questions......why?.....Lavar Arrington.....no one knew if it was Arrington or Brown who was the superstar....or if one made the other better.....coin flip......Bottom line.....if this FO blows the draft and overspends AGAIN on a shit QB(one year after passing on Wentz and Prescott).....then every last one of them should be burned at the stake and have their ashes fed to pigs.....
    1. Wish I agreed... if I am right about ours now being a consensus driven process I see us trading down, if the rumors are true. Did a long write up on this in another thread.
    I did not know that... but then I barely knew who Lavar Arington was back then.Pigs eat ashes? I did not know that either...
  • @clevfan4life said:

    And garett goes somewhere else and gets 8-9 or more sacks, and trubiskys on the bench by years end........bye hue, hi coach williams

    The good news(I think?) is that this FO does not give a shit what Hue wants.....they're not on the same page....at all.....

    @tour2ma said:

    Trubisky and elite? no comprende...

    Eggs actlee.....Ive not heard those 2 words in the same sentence....ever......(Trubs & Elite)

    @calfoxwc said:

    I like the players they got instead, and the second 1st rnd pick this year.

    Right.....Corey Coleman makes it easy to forget about Bosa, Wentz and Elliot.......he owned the league, whilst the other schmucks were just schmucks.....right?

    @d-bone said:

    Boy, the more the media and the fans proclaim Garrett as a sure fire, can't miss future HoF inductee, the more scared I get.....

    I'm having visions of Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren, Phil Taylor, Kam Wimbley and Suckevious Mingo all holding hands, singing "We are the busts" while they smile like the Joker, and flip us the bird.

    Ive never heard anyone call Garrett a sure fire, cant miss future HOFer,,,,just hear that he's the best prospect available.....(U got a better one that passes the sniff test?)

    Hey, I was there and can assure you that those guys(Wimbley, Taylor, Warren and Mingo) were NOWHERE near the prospect that Garret is and no one said they were......

    Courtney Brown was....but injuries happen and are unpredictable.....cant pass on a draft choice cause he might someday get hurt.....that can/does happen to the best of them....

    And, even Courtney Brown had some bigger questions......why?.....Lavar Arrington.....no one knew if it was Arrington or Brown who was the superstar....or if one made the other better.....coin flip......

    @logicisforsquares said:

    .... that would be best case scenario. Get some extra picks and still get Garrett.

    Or get burned......lose Garrett.....then act like it was the plan......(we've seen that before with this group)

    @flugel said:

    I've just never seen knee jerking up for a QB benefit us so can someone assure me why THIS is the year to be confident in that?

    Right....which has been my battle cry all along.....if he's THE GUY....take him......but STOP burning high picks on your second choice(who CLEARLY ISNT THE GUY).....

    Last year I ranted about Kessler and WASTING a 3rd rounder on a backup.....and sooooooooooo many people said it was a good pick and he wasnt meant to be BU, etc.....and my bottom line was this: IF we are talking QB in the first round(this year), then it was a wasted pick(coulda tapped a BU later.....or ftm, a starter)....

    And....we are talking QB in the first.....and QB as a top priority.....so, to me, last years rant has been justified......wasted a third...

    Bottom line.....if this FO blows the draft and overspends AGAIN on a shit QB(one year after passing on Wentz and Prescott).....then every last one of them should be burned at the stake and have their ashes fed to pigs.....

    And for the OP......Hue will not be the reason....cause Shashi aint listening to no coaches.....and last years cuts(along with Hues comments) pretty much back that up.....Hue coaches Hue he is given....thats it....

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mudfly said:

    Last year I ranted about Kessler and WASTING a 3rd rounder on a backup.....and sooooooooooo many people said it was a good pick and he wasnt meant to be BU, etc.....and my bottom line was this: IF we are talking QB in the first round(this year), then it was a wasted pick(coulda tapped a BU later.....or ftm, a starter)....

    And....we are talking QB in the first.....and QB as a top priority.....so, to me, last years rant has been justified......wasted a third...

    Bottom line.....if this FO blows the draft and overspends AGAIN on a shit QB(one year after passing on Wentz and Prescott).....then every last one of them should be burned at the stake and have their ashes fed to pigs.....

    When I heard Kessler's name at the top of round 3, I not only had flash backs to failing potty training 101 - I thought someone at the diner slipped acid in my coffee. It took a while but Canton Mike eventually calmed me down about it over some turbo hot wings.

    There were times I found Kessler looking like a pleasant surprise up against my initial expectations. We didn't exactly equip him with the Dallas offensive line or with an experienced Dez Bryant on the perimeter or a forever reliable TE like Jason Witten (not to be confused with a 31 year old 1 year wonder) to know whether or not improvement will ever be possible.

    Is the reason that Dak Prescott had a far better rookie season than Troy Aikman did in Dallas because he's a way better QB or because he inherited a much better situation early on? Aikman went 0-11 (with at least 2 concussions from holding onto the ball too long just against Philly) throwing 9 TDs to 18 INTs so let's understand some rookie learning curves and situations are more reasonable than others. And yet, there were a number of Dallas fans that wanted to go immediately from "once upon a time" to a very sad "the end" with Aikman in favor of Steve Walsh. They probably would have done it for a very wasted Joe Walsh. Kessler wasn't the only QB getting killed here last year counting on 2 first year starters at WR with a protection up front often missing Bitonio and Greco. Whitehurst didn't even get the cup of coffee he ordered before he was delivered the snap, crackle, pop welcome to IR.

    I don't see a huge difference between Dobbs and that of Trubisky/Watson so I'd rather have us go BPA in the first few rounds. I want more sudden impact in this draft particularly in the rounds it's more available. Now, if there is a run on QBs to the extent Dobbs, Webb and Peterman won't be available in round 4 - I'll understand using a pick in round 3 on 1 of them. Competition makes everyone better so I have no problem seeing us draft another QB especially considering our volume of injury at the position over the years.

  • @mudfly said:

    Last year I ranted about Kessler and WASTING a 3rd rounder on a backup.....and sooooooooooo many people said it was a good pick and he wasnt meant to be BU, etc.....and my bottom line was this: IF we are talking QB in the first round(this year), then it was a wasted pick(coulda tapped a BU later.....or ftm, a starter)....

    And....we are talking QB in the first.....and QB as a top priority.....so, to me, last years rant has been justified......wasted a third...

    Bottom line.....if this FO blows the draft and overspends AGAIN on a shit QB(one year after passing on Wentz and Prescott).....then every last one of them should be burned at the stake and have their ashes fed to pigs.....

    When I heard Kessler's name at the top of round 3, I not only had flash backs to failing potty training 101 - I thought someone at the diner slipped acid in my coffee. It took a while but Canton Mike eventually calmed me down about it over some turbo hot wings.

    There were times I found Kessler looking like a pleasant surprise up against my initial expectations. We didn't exactly equip him with the Dallas offensive line or with an experienced Dez Bryant on the perimeter or a forever reliable TE like Jason Witten (not to be confused with a 31 year old 1 year wonder) to know whether or not improvement will ever be possible.

    Is the reason that Dak Prescott had a far better rookie season than Troy Aikman did in Dallas because he's a way better QB or because he inherited a much better situation early on? Aikman went 0-11 (with at least 2 concussions from holding onto the ball too long just against Philly) throwing 9 TDs to 18 INTs so let's understand some rookie learning curves and situations are more reasonable than others. And yet, there were a number of Dallas fans that wanted to go immediately from "once upon a time" to a very sad "the end" with Aikman in favor of Steve Walsh. They probably would have done it for a very wasted Joe Walsh. Kessler wasn't the only QB getting killed here last year counting on 2 first year starters at WR with a protection up front often missing Bitonio and Greco. Whitehurst didn't even get the cup of coffee he ordered before he was delivered the snap, crackle, pop welcome to IR.

    I don't see a huge difference between Dobbs and that of Trubisky/Watson so I'd rather have us go BPA in the first few rounds. I want more sudden impact in this draft particularly in the rounds it's more available. Now, if there is a run on QBs to the extent Dobbs, Webb and Peterman won't be available in round 4 - I'll understand using a pick in round 3 on 1 of them. Competition makes everyone better so I have no problem seeing us draft another QB especially considering our volume of injury at the position over the years.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @flugel said:

    When I heard Kessler's name at the top of round 3, I not only had flash backs to failing potty training 101 - I thought someone at the diner slipped acid in my coffee. It took a while but Canton Mike eventually calmed me down about it over some turbo hot wings.

    There were times I found Kessler looking like a pleasant surprise up against my initial expectations. We didn't exactly equip him with the Dallas offensive line or with an experienced Dez Bryant on the perimeter or a forever reliable TE like Jason Witten (not to be confused with a 31 year old 1 year wonder) to know whether or not improvement will ever be possible.

    Is the reason that Dak Prescott had a far better rookie season than Troy Aikman did in Dallas because he's a way better QB or because he inherited a much better situation early on? Aikman went 0-11 (with at least 2 concussions from holding onto the ball too long just against Philly) throwing 9 TDs to 18 INTs so let's understand some rookie learning curves and situations are more reasonable than others. And yet, there were a number of Dallas fans that wanted to go immediately from "once upon a time" to a very sad "the end" with Aikman in favor of Steve Walsh. They probably would have done it for a very wasted Joe Walsh. Kessler wasn't the only QB getting killed here last year counting on 2 first year starters at WR with a protection up front often missing Bitonio and Greco. Whitehurst didn't even get the cup of coffee he ordered before he was delivered the snap, crackle, pop welcome to IR.

    I don't see a huge difference between Dobbs and that of Trubisky/Watson so I'd rather have us go BPA in the first few rounds. I want more sudden impact in this draft particularly in the rounds it's more available. Now, if there is a run on QBs to the extent Dobbs, Webb and Peterman won't be available in round 4 - I'll understand using a pick in round 3 on 1 of them. Competition makes everyone better so I have no problem seeing us draft another QB especially considering our volume of injury at the position over the years.

    Tom, let's hope I don't have to calm you down again this year. LOL

    I just wish some of these folks would cease accepting rumors as fact during this 2 week "silly season" before the actual draft.

    Mike

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #40

    Hey... we have to mark time in some way...

    ~12.25 days and counting...

  • @d-bone said:

    Boy, the more the media and the fans proclaim Garrett as a sure fire, can't miss future HoF inductee, the more scared I get..... It reminds me of when my brother went on and on about how great of a movie Gladiator was, and then 3 mind numbing hours into it, I wanted to strangle him.

    Not sure I want to know, but who does your brother want us to take at #1?

    Please don't say Garrett... Please don't say Garrett... Please, anyone, but Garrett... Please don't say Garrett...

    @clevfan4life said:

    Yeah i heard today that now it hue that wants garett. So naybe its the front office tgat wants trubs. I dunno but this is getting on my nerves. Exactly why i just wanted them to say "its garett" weeks ago.

    Press is just covering all the bases...

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Or maybe they want to 49ers to believe they might pick Trubisky and want them to move up a spot to make sure that they don't. If I were the Browns, that would be best case scenario. Get some extra picks and still get Garrett.

    ... so make the trade. Then when SF takes Garrett, and the world is laughing at us... again... what do you do?

    SF wants Cousins... and they are willing to wait for him another year, if they have to do so...

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tour2ma said:

    Not sure I want to know, but who does your brother want us to take at #1?

    Please don't say Garrett... Please don't say Garrett... Please, anyone, but Garrett... Please don't say Garrett...

    lol! Being a Rams fan, he probably wants us to take a punter.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    They traded out of mack and bosa dont forget. If we had those two guys no FA qb would dare sign with a north team cause he'd have to see them twice a year

    And who was the only team Cleveland beat? Bosa's Chargers, who ranked 29th in points allowed.

    As I said in another thread, the only 2 first round picks from the 2014 draft that are unemployed in the NFL today are Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel. That major land mine came from Fanny Farmer or Farmer's Fanny...

    As for the 2014 draft, which team got rewarded most for not reaching on a QB? The Raiders. Yes, the same team that was always drafting right near us until they found the right edge rusher in round 1 and QB in round 2. In essence, they let the draft fall to them.

    Here's some previous QBs we've traded up for and please me at our very first BINGO here:

    1970 Mike Phipps #3 overall (lost HOF WR Paul Warfield to the Dolphins destined to go undefeated in 72 when his speed over the top prevented defenses from loading the box to stop Csonka,Kiick and Morris)

    2007 Brady Quinn at #22 overall (lost our 1st round pick in 2008 and didn't end up drafting until round 4 in a draft volume that netted 1 keeper Ahtyba Rubin. Meanwhile, DA became the QB that threw 29 TD passes in our 10-6 season before the shit hit the fans in 2008.

    2012 Brandon Weeden at #22 was one of the picks we got in exchange for Atlanta's rights to Julio Jones in 2011.

    2014 Johnny Manziel at #22 in order to give Philly our #26 and #83 overall.

    Sticking with my theme of not reaching on a QB pov, the team that was rewarded best for their QB selection in 2016 was the Dallas Cowboys with Dak Prescott.

    In a year where countless well paid Draft Analysts and NFL scouts have called this entire QB class a bunch of projects, the highest rated player (also making him BPA) is Myles Garrett. Meanwhile, how much difference is there from 1 QB project to the next? We'll get one of the projects to join last year's project (Kessler). How do we know a Peterman is any better than the reason (Josh Dobbs) he needed to transfer to Pitt over? Along the same line, do we really know Trubisky is any better than Josh Dobbs when he couldn't ever start over a lesser QB than Dobbs at NC? I like Trubisky but not anywhere near #1 or the need to trade up from #12. I've been wrong before though...

    I've just never seen knee jerking up for a QB benefit us so can someone assure me why THIS is the year to be confident in that?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @flugel said:

    And who was the only team Cleveland beat? Bosa's Chargers, who ranked 29th in points allowed.

    t?

    And that reflects on bosa how? U did catch he had 10.5 savks in 12 games right? U did see how in his very first start he stonewalled donald penn at the point on a tfl right? But who wants that here? Not i.

  • @flugel said:

    And who was the only team Cleveland beat? Bosa's Chargers, who ranked 29th in points allowed.

    t?

    And that reflects on bosa how? U did catch he had 10.5 savks in 12 games right? U did see how in his very first start he stonewalled donald penn at the point on a tfl right? But who wants that here? Not i.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @clevfan4life said:

    And that reflects on bosa how? U did catch he had 10.5 savks in 12 games right? U did see how in his very first start he stonewalled donald penn at the point on a tfl right? But who wants that here? Not i.

    Not only did I catch it - I read all 200 reminders of it by you aside from the 50 or so I might have missed. My bad on the presentation/context of SD ranking 29th out of 32 teams in points allowed. It was not meant to say it was Bosa's fault as much as it was intended to illustrate how much 1 guy on an 11 man defense can change everything in the rookie year regardless of how well he plays if there isn't much talent around him. He had a great game against us and yet the 1 man show on defense couldn't even top a bad team like Cleveland.

    In Cleveland, I think we actually have some good players in all 3 tiers of defense today (such as Haden, Collins, Kirksey, Shelton, Des Bryant) if we can add a dimension like Myles Garrett. I'd love to finally evaluate what we have in the secondary with a more reasonable pass rush

    That was good smart ass at the end. Now can we finally get your nose out of Bosa's dirty jock strap at least part time Clevsies?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    And that reflects on bosa how? U did catch he had 10.5 savks in 12 games right? U did see how in his very first start he stonewalled donald penn at the point on a tfl right? But who wants that here? Not i.

    Not only did I catch it - I read all 200 reminders of it by you aside from the 50 or so I might have missed. My bad on the presentation/context of SD ranking 29th out of 32 teams in points allowed. It was not meant to say it was Bosa's fault as much as it was intended to illustrate how much 1 guy on an 11 man defense can change everything in the rookie year regardless of how well he plays if there isn't much talent around him. He had a great game against us and yet the 1 man show on defense couldn't even top a bad team like Cleveland.

    In Cleveland, I think we actually have some good players in all 3 tiers of defense today (such as Haden, Collins, Kirksey, Shelton, Des Bryant) if we can add a dimension like Myles Garrett. I'd love to finally evaluate what we have in the secondary with a more reasonable pass rush

    That was good smart ass at the end. Now can we finally get your nose out of Bosa's dirty jock strap at least part time Clevsies?

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @flugel said:

    Not only did I catch it - I read all 200 reminders of it by you aside from the 50 or so I might have missed. My bad on the presentation/context of SD ranking 29th out of 32 teams in points allowed. It was not meant to say it was Bosa's fault as much as it was intended to illustrate how much 1 guy on an 11 man defense can change everything in the rookie year regardless of how well he plays if there isn't much talent around him. He had a great game against us and yet the 1 man show on defense couldn't even top a bad team like Cleveland.

    In Cleveland, I think we actually have some good players in all 3 tiers of defense today (such as Haden, Collins, Kirksey, Shelton, Des Bryant) if we can add a dimension like Myles Garrett. I'd love to finally evaluate what we have in the secondary with a more reasonable pass rush

    That was good smart ass at the end. Now can we finally get your nose out of Bosa's dirty jock strap at least part time Clevsies?

    Don't forget "Horton is now a who? & Williams is the new". That'll make a difference too.

    Mike

  • @clevfan4life said:

    And that reflects on bosa how? U did catch he had 10.5 savks in 12 games right? U did see how in his very first start he stonewalled donald penn at the point on a tfl right? But who wants that here? Not i.

    Not only did I catch it - I read all 200 reminders of it by you aside from the 50 or so I might have missed. My bad on the presentation/context of SD ranking 29th out of 32 teams in points allowed. It was not meant to say it was Bosa's fault as much as it was intended to illustrate how much 1 guy on an 11 man defense can change everything in the rookie year regardless of how well he plays if there isn't much talent around him. He had a great game against us and yet the 1 man show on defense couldn't even top a bad team like Cleveland.

    In Cleveland, I think we actually have some good players in all 3 tiers of defense today (such as Haden, Collins, Kirksey, Shelton, Des Bryant) if we can add a dimension like Myles Garrett. I'd love to finally evaluate what we have in the secondary with a more reasonable pass rush

    That was good smart ass at the end. Now can we finally get your nose out of Bosa's dirty jock strap at least part time Clevsies?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @flugel said:

    In Cleveland, I think we actually have some good players in all 3 tiers of defense today (such as Haden, Collins, Kirksey, Shelton, Des Bryant) if we can add a dimension like Myles Garrett. I'd love to finally evaluate what we have in the secondary with a more reasonable pass rush

    One of the reasons I posted the 2018 mock draft was to show how deep it is in the 1st round with safeties and cornerbacks. That along with this year's safety heavy draft should fill any need that is actually there if we still show a secondary weakness with the time for QBs to throw cut in half or better. No more of these 5-7 second passing plays against us if we really load up on QB pressure players to go with who we already have on the team.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not sure I want to know, but who does your brother want us to take at #1?

    Please don't say Garrett... Please don't say Garrett... Please, anyone, but Garrett... Please don't say Garrett...

    lol! Being a Rams fan, he probably wants us to take a punter.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @d-bone said:

    lol! Being a Rams fan, he probably wants us to take a punter.

    Whew... I'll take it... and run.

    I used to use the scene with the gladiatorial reenactment in the Colosseum (the battle where Crowe & Co. were supposed to lose bigly to the folks in the chariots with the bows and arrows, but pulled off the upset) as the basis for a team building exercise.

    Had more than a little success using it, too. So the movie was not a complete waste.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #47

    Now can we finally get your nose out of Bosa's dirty jock strap at least part time Clevsies? Flugels

    ****************************************************************************

    ROF,L ! once that the jock strap sniffing happens, seems like there isn't

    any hope for Clevsies to see the light.

    Like old Sheply and Matt Leinart, to name just one. The Browns don't need just one or two

    picks, they needed to trade down. That is how you build a team.