Browns hire Ryan Grigson, former Colts GM, as senior personnel executive
-
I'll give them year one. They valued collecting a volume of picks to catch up with a deeper reboot than they thought....Grigson replaces Lake Dawson(great name) who left a week ago to go to Bills(Lake ll)...Bills a drafting mess also..Lets see how it works out. Maybe Homo Depot has Sashi installing football chips between their ears? When I heard Andrew Berry 2 years ago as VP of player scouting I thought big trouble. Berry may have a wick under his a$$ on this years draft picks imho..
The Andrew Berry hire was a head scratcher. Mediocre scout on a team that drafts as bad as Mike Lombardi. It was clear with all of Sashis hires he was just hiring whomever Fritz Pollard Alliance told him was at the top of their list in every position. Andrew Berry was big trouble.
Flash forward to last yeara draft, unorthodox and produced zilch, but okay. We can buy into the whole building a foundation, stockpiling draft picks for next year yadda yadda.
This draft? Clusterfuck to say the least. Drafted a DE with a poor work ethic who takes plays off, a kick returner who has drug and possibly purple drank issues witj a 1st round pick, a TE that can't block, a DT with red flags who was facing charges for hitting a woman and wasn't worth the risk and he idiotically skipped three really good QB prospects to draft Derek Anderson 2.0, a moron who can only launch deep balls, has no brains and folds EVERY. FUCKING. TIME he faces even a little pressure. Just call this draft the what ifs and hopes & dreams draft.
I was all for giving these guys a chance and "time" but after this dradt plus hiring Grigsby? Like I said, a loser mentality permeates the entire Browns Front Office and this stench of shit needs to be heaped on all the other piles of shit since the return.
This draft? Clusterfuck to say the least.
Uh-huh...
His job in Philly was fetching...
Interesting choice of words... Disciple or alt? I'm leaning towards the latter...
A scout that can't properly evaluate talent is worse than worthless though. If Grigson signed off on that stuff in Indy- be worried- very worried.
Hoorta: consistently wrong? How in any case do you know his evaluations as a scout? Based on his track record as a GM? Then heed your own opinion....if the people supplying him with information suck.....
Bingo... some folks simply can't get it out of their head that a GM is not simply the "Top Scout", a "Super Scout". They're the same folks that want to see Sashi as "The Decider"... or replace him with a "football guy". It'd be funny if it weren't so sad...
Yes, true, old-school GMs still "evaluate" talent, but they don't scout... they can't scout... they don't have time to scout. They have an office to run. They have to have far reaching skills that not only not every, but most true scouts don't have.
One person being both a great scout, but a spectacularly shitty GM is not only not a surprise, it's close to the norm. It's called "The Peter Principle." There's a whole book on it...
-
well, the Grigson hire is a mistake, to me. Maybe not, but
I take it that he is a football guy who rose way past his level of
incompetency, and has to be starting "all over" again.
Hopefully, it doesn't prove to be a mistake. This FO is plenty brilliant.
They have to have somebody take the company car and go get
the donuts and coffees for meetings....
-
People sometimes learn from their mistakes and get better
-
Y'all should freak out about this a little more. This guy might quite literally be a coffee fetcher.
-
Y'all should freak out about this a little more. This guy might quite literally be a coffee fetcher.
This guy might quite literally be a coffee fetcher.
Oh, no! Not another alt!
-
Have we maxed out our quota of coffee fetchers this year?

-
Have we maxed out our quota of coffee fetchers this year?

Have we maxed out our quota of coffee fetchers this year?

All I know is I just had to get up and get my 2nd cup myself...
-
Have we maxed out our quota of coffee fetchers this year?

All I know is I just had to get up and get my 2nd cup myself...
-
@ghoolie said:
Dude...................... Give the shit a rest. I have NEVER even thought about an alternative screen name, other than when it was an over the top...obvious joke that even the fucktards here could plainly see was SNL genre parody................
FOR INSTANCE........................I might post as FATASS JOE THOMAS................... would there be anyh doubt? AND.............. I wouldn't alter my writing style..............
That the guy agrees with me and has picked up on my poignant euphemisms is not anything new. Plenty of people here have incorporated coffee fetcher, OL are a dime a dozen, fatass OL, Black Tarkenton and other wisdom that always comes to the top as truth once the seasons unfold.
I am iconic on this board. I am the most distinguished, respected, known, revered, respected, and hated poster that has ever graced a sports board, and for sure, I am iconic on TBB. Tour2ma.........has an Avatar that he thinks is the "negative Ghoolie".......
People come in to my threads and post VOLUMINOUSLY how they never read me, and are glad I am on ignore. Hell, I don't start 1/10 the threads you do, and yet, I am still too much for some of these bukake collectors. WTF do I need another screen name for? I am already alive in most of what is posted here.
OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

-
@ghoolie said:
The entire FO is comprised of coffee fetchers.
Truer words have never been spoken. Ever. This sums up this Front Office to a tee.
-
@ghoolie said:
Dude...................... Give the shit a rest. I have NEVER even thought about an alternative screen name, other than when it was an over the top...obvious joke that even the fucktards here could plainly see was SNL genre parody................
FOR INSTANCE........................I might post as FATASS JOE THOMAS................... would there be anyh doubt? AND.............. I wouldn't alter my writing style..............
That the guy agrees with me and has picked up on my poignant euphemisms is not anything new. Plenty of people here have incorporated coffee fetcher, OL are a dime a dozen, fatass OL, Black Tarkenton and other wisdom that always comes to the top as truth once the seasons unfold.
I am iconic on this board. I am the most distinguished, respected, known, revered, respected, and hated poster that has ever graced a sports board, and for sure, I am iconic on TBB. Tour2ma.........has an Avatar that he thinks is the "negative Ghoolie".......
People come in to my threads and post VOLUMINOUSLY how they never read me, and are glad I am on ignore. Hell, I don't start 1/10 the threads you do, and yet, I am still too much for some of these bukake collectors. WTF do I need another screen name for? I am already alive in most of what is posted here.
OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

Or maybe it could be Vikingdawg has an opinion of his own and sees things a different way then all the shit talkers who cannot fathom that some people have no desire to lick Sashi and Hues assholes clean all day every day.
-
@ghoolie said:
The entire FO is comprised of coffee fetchers.
Truer words have never been spoken. Ever. This sums up this Front Office to a tee.
Truer words have never been spoken. Ever. This sums up this Front Office to a tee.
That cliches it...
Ignore #3 coming right up...
-
OK, Gools.....but you should be flattered, it seems that Viking Dawg is doing an homage to you.....or maybe Viking Dawg is just a Single White Female?

Or maybe it could be Vikingdawg has an opinion of his own and sees things a different way then all the shit talkers who cannot fathom that some people have no desire to lick Sashi and Hues assholes clean all day every day.
Or maybe it could be Vikingdawg has an opinion of his own and sees things a different way then all the shit talkers who cannot fathom that some people have no desire to lick Sashi and Hues assholes clean all day every day.
Maybe....but...nah...not likely!!


-
The Berea barista?You may get that dream job in Berea after all.

Keep up the good work Tour.

-
The Berea barista?You may get that dream job in Berea after all.

Keep up the good work Tour.

-
Cleveland Browns have Terry Talkin' (Grigson) -- Terry Pluto (photos)
Posted on May 27, 2017 at 7:42 AM
By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer
ABOUT RYAN GRIGSON
The Browns have not hired Ryan Grigson to be general manager. That's Sashi Brown, who runs the football operation.
Nor is Grigson the player personnel director. That's Andrew Berry.
A former Indianapolis Colts general manager (2012-16), Grigson was named senior personnel executive.
I asked around about what Grigson will do. He is under Brown and Berry. In fact, Grigson used to be Berry's boss with the Colts.
Grigson had a spotty record as a Colts general manager. He made the disastrous Trent Richardson deal with Joe Banner in 2013. Unfortunately, that 2014 first-rounder was used in the Johnny Manziel deal.
Banner was gone by the 2014 draft. Richardson and Manziel are out of the NFL. That trade hurt Grigson's reputation.
The Browns plan to use Grigson almost like a super scout. He will look at pro and college players. He will even visit some colleges to research prospects. He spent his first 14 years in the NFL as a scout, and the Browns believe that is his strength.
-
Hiring people with a proven talent and asking them to focus on just that skill.. rather than promoting them above their talent level?
It's almost like the Brownies are becoming sentient..
-
So it would seem...
I've said for a while that I love this FO's collective approach. It let's talent emerge and that talent's voice(s) grow stronger in the room rather than taking leap of faith after leap of faith in making extrapolated, top-of-the-pyramid hires only to see them pratfall face-first...
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login