Skip to content

QB

The Browns Board
69 23 3.2k
  • From what I saw at training camp, the QB race is a two horse race and Kessler is still stuck in his stall. Brock is ahead of all three, Kizer not too far behind. I could see Kizer passing Brock by the end of preseason. Kessler is still holding the ball too damn long. Brock throws are tight and on a rope with on time delivery. Kizer sails a few but get the majority where they need to be.

    @topdawg31 said:

    From what I saw at training camp, the QB race is a two horse race and Kessler is still stuck in his stall. Brock is ahead of all three, Kizer not too far behind. I could see Kizer passing Brock by the end of preseason. Kessler is still holding the ball too damn long. Brock throws are tight and on a rope with on time delivery. Kizer sails a few but get the majority where they need to be.

    Thanks for the report from the trenches.

    How many practices did you observe? Haven't heard many say Osweiler in the lead

  • sydS syd

    @opal312 said:

    I think Osweiler is trade bait, Kessler is too small and won't stay healthy. I predict Kizer is the starter long before the bye week. But it's too soon for a serious discussion considering Hue Jackson hasn't got a clue either.

    I need to see preseason games

    I still remember when Isiah Crowell came out of nowhere in the fourth preseason game his rookie year and he was undrafted.

    Anything can happen!

    GO BROWNS 8-8

    but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

    @syd said:

    but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

    Yup...

    Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

  • Kizer should start the most games this year, if not all of them -- Can't really say all of them for a Browns QB, but yeah, if he's healthy he should. I think he will start Wk1 because he has more talent than Kessler, and Osweiler isn't in their plans.

    @mike-h said:

    Kizer should start the most games this year, if not all of them -- Can't really say all of them for a Browns QB, but yeah, if he's healthy he should. I think he will start Wk1 because he has more talent than Kessler, and Osweiler isn't in their plans.

    I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

  • @syd said:

    but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

    Yup...

    Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup...

    Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

    Even still he was regarded as a good pick up for a udfa that year, making a "top 5 udfa this year" type of list. If memory serves he didn't see a lot of action in preseason games 1-3 his first year, but then l guess the team got a good enough look at the other RBs by the time the 4th game came around and gave him a shot.

  • @syd said:

    but didn't crow get into some kind of trouble in collage ? as to why he was not drafted

    Yup...

    Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

    @tour2ma said:

    Yup...

    Started at UGA... failed drug test... then arrested on felony "weapons charges". UGA kicked him. Charges were dropped later. Finished at Alabama State.

    thank you

    hopefully he will be the bell cow I keep hearing about

  • The Brown and Orange scrimmage will be very telling, and will give us information on what I call “step one” of the QB process. I personally think that the QB who performs the best at the scrimmage will be the guy who begins the PRESEASON as the starter. Obviously step two will be the preseason, and the top performer after the first two games will probably be the guy we roll with for the pivotal third preseason game, and then onto the epic beat down, otherwise known as “the season opener”.

    There are several reports floating around that say Kizer is “narrowing the gap” on the competition, and if that trend continues, we very well may have a rookie starting against the Steelers. The idea of putting a rookie in for the season opener is something that makes me want to vomit, but hey….gotta start somewhere, right? I fully expect Kizer to struggle somewhat in the scrimmage, mainly because I feel our defense is way ahead of the offense, which is normal. Our receivers also aren’t very good, and I don’t expect David Njoku to play because of a recent back strain.

  • Really comes down whether Kizer is cleanly over the huddle-command and under-center hurdles. If he is, then he is in the mix.

  • @mike-h said:

    Kizer should start the most games this year, if not all of them -- Can't really say all of them for a Browns QB, but yeah, if he's healthy he should. I think he will start Wk1 because he has more talent than Kessler, and Osweiler isn't in their plans.

    I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

    @the-gipper said:

    I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    @mike-h said:

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    Does it feel like a perpetuity yet?😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    I go back to what I learned in law school about a portion of the Rule against Perpetuities: I take a Wait and See Approach.

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    @mike-h said:

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    Not so fast my friend.  The testator is not dead yet.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    Does it feel like a perpetuity yet?😆

    @texasag1969 said:

    Does it feel like a perpetuity yet?😆

    Rule of Perpetuity:    The Browns....in perpetuity...will  be looking for a franchise QB.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Does it feel like a perpetuity yet?😆

    Rule of Perpetuity:    The Browns....in perpetuity...will  be looking for a franchise QB.

    @the-gipper said:

    Rule of Perpetuity:    The Browns....in perpetuity...will  be looking for a franchise QB.

    That makes my perpetuity gland hurt.

  • @mike-h said:

    I'm in law school.

    Your wait is over.

    Not so fast my friend.  The testator is not dead yet.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not so fast my friend.  The testator is not dead yet.

    Ok how about now?

    Here's my favorite quote from today's conference call:

    And yes, I quoted myself, because most beat writers do not agree with this perspective and didn't report it was said. I was on the call and have the transcript.

  • Speaking of QBs...

    Given Stafford's mega-deal, I think owners are going to have to revisit the idea of pulling QBs out from under the team cap... something they raised a few years ago at a league meeting.

  • Well, on July 22nd I predicted that Brock would be our starter on opening day.  It looked good for a while......but I guess there's not much of a chance of that now that he's been cut. 🙂

    I also said that Kizer had come to a good situation for him to become the starter since the bar here was not set too high.  I hope Kizer becomes our 'answer' for our age old question, "Who will be the next GOOD QB in Cleveland since Bernie Kosar?"

    It's possible that The Harvard Think Tank will go after a veteran QB once the final cuts are over.....but I think the greater possibility is that we stand pat.

  • Well, on July 22nd I predicted that Brock would be our starter on opening day.  It looked good for a while......but I guess there's not much of a chance of that now that he's been cut. 🙂

    I also said that Kizer had come to a good situation for him to become the starter since the bar here was not set too high.  I hope Kizer becomes our 'answer' for our age old question, "Who will be the next GOOD QB in Cleveland since Bernie Kosar?"

    It's possible that The Harvard Think Tank will go after a veteran QB once the final cuts are over.....but I think the greater possibility is that we stand pat.

    @orion said:

    Well, on July 22nd I predicted that Brock would be our starter on opening day.

    I can dredge up another "Nailed It!" meme for you if you like... 🙂

  • Ya gotta admit, it was looking good for a while there. 🙂  Then, on national TV, he looked like crap and Kizer didn't.  

    I don't mind being wrong.  What I don't like is when I'm right and the team does the wrong thing ANYway.

  • Ya gotta admit, it was looking good for a while there. 🙂  Then, on national TV, he looked like crap and Kizer didn't.  

    I don't mind being wrong.  What I don't like is when I'm right and the team does the wrong thing ANYway.

    @orion said:

    I don't mind being wrong.

    Me neither... but more of a case that I've gotten used to it...

    @orion said:

    What I don't like is when I'm right and the team does the wrong thing ANYway.

    BASTAGES!

  • Kizer looked like crap and has always looked like crap. His pre-snap ability is so bad. He has no clue what he is doing out there. If the Browns wanted to at least to attempt to win, they would have kept Brock and tried, but we know they do not want to do that. I doubt Kizer last the season. I suspect Hogan will be given a chance in the season despite not being what Hue wants at the position.

  • Kizer looked like crap and has always looked like crap. His pre-snap ability is so bad. He has no clue what he is doing out there. If the Browns wanted to at least to attempt to win, they would have kept Brock and tried, but we know they do not want to do that. I doubt Kizer last the season. I suspect Hogan will be given a chance in the season despite not being what Hue wants at the position.

    @hempman said:

    Kizer looked like crap and has always looked like crap. His pre-snap ability is so bad. He has no clue what he is doing out there. If the Browns wanted to at least to attempt to win, they would have kept Brock and tried, but we know they do not want to do that.

    Found Brock Osweiler ^