Skip to content

Terrell Davis: The Big Pussy

The Browns Board
69 26 2.0k
  • Actually until his first knee injury he averaged 1900 yds per year and is the Broncos all-time leading rusher. Pro bowl 3 of those 4 seasons. Injuries kept him from being one of the best ever in what amounted to a 4 year career. Not bad for a 6th rounder.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @texasag1969 said:

    Actually until his first knee injury he averaged 1900 yds per year and is the Broncos all-time leading rusher. Pro bowl 3 of those 4 seasons. Injuries kept him from being one of the best ever in what amounted to a 4 year career. Not bad for a 6th rounder.

    Right.....dude took the league by storm....If Gayle Sayers gets in, then TD should get in too.....

    @one-post said:

    So...is Chris Johnson HOF material? Same difference other than the ring but minus the o line.

    Davis is 3rd....all-time.....in yards per game played......3rd.....

    Jim Brown = 104 ypg

    Barry Sanders = 99.8 ypg

    Terrell Davis = 97.5 ypg.......

    Thats the best of the best, while on the field......

    Chris Johnson isnt 4th...or 10th....or 20th ftm......75 ypg......= not the same....

    Zombo said:

    For a two or or three year period he was the Most Valuable running back I have ever seen.

    Zombo

    Agree 100%......6500 yds in his first 4 years.....with each year getting better.....thats a whole career for some good backs....

    Someone here said he had "a" good year?.....really?....."a" good year?

    yr 1) 1117

    yr 2) 1538

    yr 3) 1750

    yr 4) 2008

    looks like 4 good years to me....

    Anyone that is only 1 step behind Barry Sanders and Jim Brown gets my HOF vote for sure.....

  • Zombo said:

    Clapton plays a very good guitar and named Prince as the Greatest guitar player he has ever seen.

    Here is the list of guys that ran for 2000 yards in the NFL and helped their team win a Super Bowl:

    Terrell Davis.

    Z

    Yep on Davis and I'm also putting in my vote for Stevie Ray who operated out of Asstin, Tx. 2015 R&R HOF inductee.

    300px-Stevie_Ray_Vaughan_Memorial_Helmic

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep on Davis and I'm also putting in my vote for Stevie Ray who operated out of Asstin, Tx. 2015 R&R HOF inductee.

    300px-Stevie_Ray_Vaughan_Memorial_Helmic

    hell I would take another guy from Austin over Clapton,,,Roky Erickson

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #47

    Here's Franks finest hour....

  • @opal312 said:

    What do you think about the Late Alvin Lee of "Ten Years After"??

    He was a nice player. Very nice player.Under-heralded. He played some tasteful things.

    Regarding Clapton. I never said he sucked, he just isn't that good. Overall, very talented. He couldn't make a living as a studio guitar player. That's the point. He would shit his pants as a studio player.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @ghoolie said:

    He was a nice player. Very nice player.Under-heralded. He played some tasteful things.

    Regarding Clapton. I never said he sucked, he just isn't that good. Overall, very talented. He couldn't make a living as a studio guitar player. That's the point. He would shit his pants as a studio player.

    fuck man as a session guy I would take john paul jones over him

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #49

    The one and only.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #50

    There's guys on YouTube right now that nobody has ever heard of that make the guitar greats of yesteryear look like rank Amateurs. Just like there were guys in their own time that no one ever heard of that blew them out of the water. That's why I never bother with the "goat of guitar" discussions.

  • There's guys on YouTube right now that nobody has ever heard of that make the guitar greats of yesteryear look like rank Amateurs. Just like there were guys in their own time that no one ever heard of that blew them out of the water. That's why I never bother with the "goat of guitar" discussions.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #51

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    There's guys on YouTube right now that nobody has ever heard of that make the guitar greats of yesteryear look like rank Amateurs. Just like there were guys in their own time that no one ever heard of that blew them out of the water. That's why I never bother with the "goat of guitar" discussions.

    If there is "the ONE".. I'd put Allan Holdsworth at the top of the list.. The way he uses the whole tone scale is on another level of genius on the highest order.

  • @alporcini said:

    Talking guitar players, I saw Brian Setzer last night. Freakin dude brings it... Had no idea how good he is!?!?!?!?!?

    Like your list... I'd add Hendrix.

    Setzer is indeed good. Very versitile. Always liked the guy.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @ghoolie said:

    Setzer is indeed good. Very versitile. Always liked the guy.

    Since I went to see him live again last night- What's your opinion of Lindsey Buckingham? MHO- under rated. (not in anyone's top 10, but very good) Fer sure, The Mac had some of the best songwriting talent short of the Beatles and maybe the Stones.

  • There's guys on YouTube right now that nobody has ever heard of that make the guitar greats of yesteryear look like rank Amateurs. Just like there were guys in their own time that no one ever heard of that blew them out of the water. That's why I never bother with the "goat of guitar" discussions.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #53

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    There's guys on YouTube right now that nobody has ever heard of that make the guitar greats of yesteryear look like rank Amateurs. Just like there were guys in their own time that no one ever heard of that blew them out of the water. That's why I never bother with the "goat of guitar" discussions.

    You got that right- forgot where I saw a guy do a speed demon demo on YouTube. And me and Ghoolie have been down the road discussing this youngster when she was 16. If you like, skip to the 2 minute mark and watch a perfect cover of Van Halen's Eruption.

    As Tom pointed out- it doesn't matter if you can play anything, the guys raking in the big bucks are the great songwriters. John Fogarty is a so-so guitar player- but man, can he write songs. 🙂

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Fantastic for 3 years only played 4, not a HOFer

  • @ghoolie said:

    Setzer is indeed good. Very versitile. Always liked the guy.

    Since I went to see him live again last night- What's your opinion of Lindsey Buckingham? MHO- under rated. (not in anyone's top 10, but very good) Fer sure, The Mac had some of the best songwriting talent short of the Beatles and maybe the Stones.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @hoorta said:

    Since I went to see him live again last night- What's your opinion of Lindsey Buckingham? MHO- under rated. (not in anyone's top 10, but very good) Fer sure, The Mac had some of the best songwriting talent short of the Beatles and maybe the Stones.

    Another nice player. He was melodic and his junk always embellished songs. I wouldn't call him a technically masterfull player, but his sense of composition and arrangement was very very good. Elliot Easton was another very good musical guitarist.

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    There's guys on YouTube right now that nobody has ever heard of that make the guitar greats of yesteryear look like rank Amateurs. Just like there were guys in their own time that no one ever heard of that blew them out of the water. That's why I never bother with the "goat of guitar" discussions.

    You got that right- forgot where I saw a guy do a speed demon demo on YouTube. And me and Ghoolie have been down the road discussing this youngster when she was 16. If you like, skip to the 2 minute mark and watch a perfect cover of Van Halen's Eruption.

    As Tom pointed out- it doesn't matter if you can play anything, the guys raking in the big bucks are the great songwriters. John Fogarty is a so-so guitar player- but man, can he write songs. 🙂

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #56

    @hoorta said:

    You got that right- forgot where I saw a guy do a speed demon demo on YouTube. And me and Ghoolie have been down the road discussing this youngster when she was 16. If you like, skip to the 2 minute mark and watch a perfect cover of Van Halen's Eruption.

    As Tom pointed out- it doesn't matter if you can play anything, the guys raking in the big bucks are the great songwriters. John Fogarty is a so-so guitar player- but man, can he write songs. 🙂

    Once this chick gets hair on her snatch she is really gonna be something.

  • Fantastic for 3 years only played 4, not a HOFer

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @baconhound said:

    Fantastic for 3 years only played 4, not a HOFer

    Yes, he is. He was inducted Saturday (I assuming you mean Terrelle Davis). You are either pregnant or you're not. He is pregnant.

    (whether you believe it is warranted is another matter.....but in the opinion of those who count...it was warranted)

  • @the-cysko-kid said:

    There's guys on YouTube right now that nobody has ever heard of that make the guitar greats of yesteryear look like rank Amateurs. Just like there were guys in their own time that no one ever heard of that blew them out of the water. That's why I never bother with the "goat of guitar" discussions.

    You got that right- forgot where I saw a guy do a speed demon demo on YouTube. And me and Ghoolie have been down the road discussing this youngster when she was 16. If you like, skip to the 2 minute mark and watch a perfect cover of Van Halen's Eruption.

    As Tom pointed out- it doesn't matter if you can play anything, the guys raking in the big bucks are the great songwriters. John Fogarty is a so-so guitar player- but man, can he write songs. 🙂

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #58

    @hoorta said:

    ... I saw a guy do a speed demon demo on YouTube.

    Year ago I stumbled into a Houston club by happenstance and caught The Amazing Royal Crowns, a punk-rockabilly band. Not my thing, but they had a guitarist who was the fastest I'd ever seen... and he was clean to boot. Dude was called "The Colonel". Per google his name is Johnny Maguire. Curious whether any of you aficionados have heard of him...

    One I'm listening to now is Austin's most recent bluesman... Gary Clark, Jr.

  • Lets face it...TD was a good player but not a great player. Ya he played on some good teams and had an amazing season but he doesn't deserve the gold jacket.

    After years of having other HOFers advocate for his induction he finally gets in. He does nothing but cut down players and teams so..pay backs a bitch.

    mohicanM mohican wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @one-post said:

    Lets face it...TD was a good player but not a great player. Ya he played on some good teams and had an amazing season but he doesn't deserve the gold jacket.

    After years of having other HOFers advocate for his induction he finally gets in. He does nothing but cut down players and teams so..pay backs a bitch.

    Even with a good team around you, you don't get to 2000 yards in a season being a good but not great player.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #60

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by The Cysko Kid
    #61

    Writing great songs is one thing and being a guitar master is another. Some people think "like a rolling Stone" is the greatest rock song. Certainly rolling Stone magazine named it as such and Dylan made his career on great songs...but they're intermediate guitar parts at best. Same with "American pie" and countless other great songs. Guitar virtuosity is not necessarily always appreciated. For instance I find Steve vai mostly unlistenable.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #62



    This guy is pretty great at guitar but I can't imagine he's sold many records
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    Nice guitar thread.

    If one of you mods aren't busy tonight maybe you can make a new thread and move them all there? 😕

    That would be nice.



  • This guy is pretty great at guitar but I can't imagine he's sold many records
    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by Ghoolie
    #64

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    This guy is pretty great at guitar but I can't imagine he's sold many records

    1) He plays with a scalloped finger board, *raisted frets, fingers never touch the fretboard

    2) I dated his ex GF Mistress M7, well, kind of. Long story, but, no shit. Great, girl. Crazy, had has her share of trouble. But WOW WOW WOW..........................Ghoolie know how to pick em.

    http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/belle-of-the-ball-gag-6432774