Skip to content

The Land of Oz

The Browns Board
37 24 1.2k
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Should go Oz, Hogan, Kessler, Kizer.

  • In other words, Hue is saying " I still have no fucking idea what I am doing, and will play roulette while I hope a miracle happens".

    Seriously, this fucking guys needs to go.

    Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @ghoolie said:

    In other words, Hue is saying " I still have no fucking idea what I am doing, and will play roulette while I hope a miracle happens".

    Seriously, this fucking guys needs to go.

    Hate to say it... But I'm coming around to agreement here.

  • Brock is currently the best QB on the roster, like it or not. I believe Hue hoped that Kess would be able to take his game to the next level and gave him every opportunity to show him he could, but it became painfully obvious that even with all of Kess's hard off season work, it just wasn't and probably isn't going to happen.

    They have only been in camp for a little over a week, so it's really not the end of the world the BO hasn't gotten any #1 work...... Hell, he took his merry band of 2s and moved them against the 1s.

    Kizer will play this year, but he is nowhere near ready now and BO will start opening day.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #22

    @d-bone said:

    Brock is currently the best QB on the roster, like it or not. I believe Hue hoped that Kess would be able to take his game to the next level and gave him every opportunity to show him he could, but it became painfully obvious that even with all of Kess's hard off season work, it just wasn't and probably isn't going to happen.

    They have only been in camp for a little over a week, so it's really not the end of the world the BO hasn't gotten any #1 work...... Hell, he took his merry band of 2s and moved them against the 1s.

    Kizer will play this year, but he is nowhere near ready now and BO will start opening day.

    Cha-G hing!!..And Hell D-Bone was our Kessler Band leader from So-Cal when we drafted Kess..Kess tried to find a better NFL body type hoping to improve his game. Can't say it failed but it maybe still under construction?

    @tour2ma said:

    We are in the danger zone of market building... that Brock's fan-stock rises faster than his trade value. It's really up to Kess to come on and take the job back over a highly functional Brock... that's the ideal scenario anyway... at least the one within reason. I can't see Kizer accelerating his learning curve enough to get in the competition this early.

    Fins were never going to come close to offering what we'd want for Brock. With Cutler off the market the stage is set. Now all we need is Kess to step up... wish I felt better about the odds.

    The Fins were still un-scrambling the loss of Tanny when Hue got hit the question at the podium talking QB change. ya got to wonder what Case's next call was if Cutler said no? Am guessing Sashi had a hope with the Case & Brock connection? But did the phone call ever come? Either way it goes.. "somebody" was that close..

  • @d-bone said:

    Brock is currently the best QB on the roster, like it or not. I believe Hue hoped that Kess would be able to take his game to the next level and gave him every opportunity to show him he could, but it became painfully obvious that even with all of Kess's hard off season work, it just wasn't and probably isn't going to happen.

    They have only been in camp for a little over a week, so it's really not the end of the world the BO hasn't gotten any #1 work...... Hell, he took his merry band of 2s and moved them against the 1s.

    Kizer will play this year, but he is nowhere near ready now and BO will start opening day.

    Cha-G hing!!..And Hell D-Bone was our Kessler Band leader from So-Cal when we drafted Kess..Kess tried to find a better NFL body type hoping to improve his game. Can't say it failed but it maybe still under construction?

    @tour2ma said:

    We are in the danger zone of market building... that Brock's fan-stock rises faster than his trade value. It's really up to Kess to come on and take the job back over a highly functional Brock... that's the ideal scenario anyway... at least the one within reason. I can't see Kizer accelerating his learning curve enough to get in the competition this early.

    Fins were never going to come close to offering what we'd want for Brock. With Cutler off the market the stage is set. Now all we need is Kess to step up... wish I felt better about the odds.

    The Fins were still un-scrambling the loss of Tanny when Hue got hit the question at the podium talking QB change. ya got to wonder what Case's next call was if Cutler said no? Am guessing Sashi had a hope with the Case & Brock connection? But did the phone call ever come? Either way it goes.. "somebody" was that close..

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @gumby73 said:

    Cha-G hing!!..And Hell D Bone was our Kessler Band leader from So-Cal when we drafted Kess..Kess tried to find a better NFL body type hoping to improve his game. Can't say it failed but it maybe still under construction?

    Yep gumby, I still really like the kid... He's tough, loyal and a hard worker, but he just isn't passing the eye test as a starting NFL QB. Hue and his staff can only coach him up so much, and at some point you are either gifted or you're not.

    ^ With that being said, I'm still a fan of his and think he will make a serviceable backup NFL QB.

  • In other words, Hue is saying " I still have no fucking idea what I am doing, and will play roulette while I hope a miracle happens".

    Seriously, this fucking guys needs to go.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #24

    Back up has always felt about right... primarily due to arm limitations. But if you are fast enough in processing info, you can compensate for some zip deficiency.

    @ghoolie said:

    In other words, Hue is saying " I still have no fucking idea what I am doing, and will play roulette while I hope a miracle happens".

    Seriously, this fucking guys needs to go.

    Remind us all what your obvious choice has been among the rostered QB options based upon your observations of their mini-camp and full camp work to date?

  • @alkid3 said:

    Wow. I hope it's just so other teams can pick him up. Otherwise bad move imo

    Why? Honestly....what have the other QBs done so much better....in their careers, in this training camp, that would warrant them moving ahead of B.O.? Nothing. Almost all commentaries that I have heard have said that Kessler is essentially stinking up the joint, that Kizer is still just absolutely too raw and inexperienced....and that Hogan is no Hero.

    The thing that likely, ultimately makes sense is for Osweiler to start the season....have Kessler as backup, and have Kizer play the Apprentice...having him look, listen, and learn.

    Makes the most sense.

    Unless you want the Browns to bring back RGIII or to bring in Kaepernick.

    A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @the-gipper said:

    Why? Honestly....what have the other QBs done so much better....in their careers, in this training camp, that would warrant them moving ahead of B.O.? Nothing. Almost all commentaries that I have heard have said that Kessler is essentially stinking up the joint, that Kizer is still just absolutely too raw and inexperienced....and that Hogan is no Hero.

    The thing that likely, ultimately makes sense is for Osweiler to start the season....have Kessler as backup, and have Kizer play the Apprentice...having him look, listen, and learn.

    Makes the most sense.

    Unless you want the Browns to bring back RGIII or to bring in Kaepernick.

    Because we've seen what BO can do with a good team. Kessler played good last year. Despite having a bad team. Only knock on him is that he is too conservative. And a weak arm. I wouldn't mind bringing in Kap. And have him play WR/Qb. Like when he first got some time on the field. But not as starting QB. Negative on RG3.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #26

    no, no, no. I wouldn't have kap on my team if he played for free. He couldn't buy his way onto my team.

    Why add a cancer to your team, when you've been building a great lockerroom, etc etc for two years?

    We haven't seen what Bros can do with these Browns. Apparently, all the coaching done on fundamentals wasn't

    being done on that other "good" team. Os has enough experience, and with coaching, he could turn out to be

    terrific. So far, he really deserves the chance.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    What cal said +1

  • F Frenchie wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @boo-fagley said:

    Kessler did not step up his game. Glad to see that you earn playing time with Hue just like Belichick.

    Oswieller could be the surprise of the 2017 season. One year removed from a pretty nice season in Denver. I still believe that he was in the wrong offense in Houston.

    I agree and I've said this since we've acquired OZ. How are we so rich in QB talent that we would not consider that Brock could come back to be "the man" and lead us out of the cellar of the league? IMO, being a good GM is 50% luck and 50% skill in that all decisions have such a high degree of risk and then there is the risk of injury, coaching systems, etc.

    It's time for the Browns to do both - make good decisions and get lucky. Maybe OZ will be a prime example. I would love him to step-up and show that he's an above average QB. It would make the Texans look absolutely foolish!

  • no, no, no. I wouldn't have kap on my team if he played for free. He couldn't buy his way onto my team.

    Why add a cancer to your team, when you've been building a great lockerroom, etc etc for two years?

    We haven't seen what Bros can do with these Browns. Apparently, all the coaching done on fundamentals wasn't

    being done on that other "good" team. Os has enough experience, and with coaching, he could turn out to be

    terrific. So far, he really deserves the chance.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @calfoxwc said:

    no, no, no. I wouldn't have kap on my team if he played for free. He couldn't buy his way onto my team.

    Why add a cancer to your team, when you've been building a great lockerroom, etc etc for two years?

    We haven't seen what Bros can do with these Browns. Apparently, all the coaching done on fundamentals wasn't

    being done on that other "good" team. Os has enough experience, and with coaching, he could turn out to be

    terrific. So far, he really deserves the chance.

    & now guys like Spike Lee are protesting that NFL GMs can't see Kaps greatness, and he's being deliberately shunned.

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    The disappointing part according to most watching camp is that Kessler lost the job well above Osweiler winning it. That doesn't bode well, but I'll be interested to see what Brock Lobster brings to the table.

  • The disappointing part according to most watching camp is that Kessler lost the job well above Osweiler winning it. That doesn't bode well, but I'll be interested to see what Brock Lobster brings to the table.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @jrb12711 said:

    The disappointing part according to most watching camp is that Kessler lost the job well above Osweiler winning it.

    Understood. But it is what it is. We're tied for first place. We've gotta play the least worse guy.

  • no, no, no. I wouldn't have kap on my team if he played for free. He couldn't buy his way onto my team.

    Why add a cancer to your team, when you've been building a great lockerroom, etc etc for two years?

    We haven't seen what Bros can do with these Browns. Apparently, all the coaching done on fundamentals wasn't

    being done on that other "good" team. Os has enough experience, and with coaching, he could turn out to be

    terrific. So far, he really deserves the chance.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #32

    @calfoxwc said:

    no, no, no. I wouldn't have kap on my team if he played for free. He couldn't buy his way onto my team.

    Why add a cancer to your team, when you've been building a great lockerroom, etc etc for two years?

    We haven't seen what Bros can do with these Browns. Apparently, all the coaching done on fundamentals wasn't

    being done on that other "good" team. Os has enough experience, and with coaching, he could turn out to be

    terrific. So far, he really deserves the chance.

    Agreed.

    @hoorta said:

    & now guys like Spike Lee are protesting that NFL GMs can't see Kaps greatness, and he's being deliberately shunned.

    I wouldn't touch Kap with a 10' pole, so SCREW Spike Lee!....(let HIM put his money where his mouth is & he can pay Kap)

    1) Every action has a reaction. Kap is living with the reaction to HIS action & will continue to do so.

    2) "Perception is reality"

    Mike

  • @jrb12711 said:

    The disappointing part according to most watching camp is that Kessler lost the job well above Osweiler winning it.

    Understood. But it is what it is. We're tied for first place. We've gotta play the least worse guy.

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @orion said:

    We've gotta play the least worse guy.

    The motto of the Cleveland Browns since 1999 haha.

    Here's to hoping I'm wrong though!

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #34

    I expect the same old browns tonight...hue making boneheaded calls,, And the QB being dumbed down again...

  • @calfoxwc said:

    no, no, no. I wouldn't have kap on my team if he played for free. He couldn't buy his way onto my team.

    Why add a cancer to your team, when you've been building a great lockerroom, etc etc for two years?

    We haven't seen what Bros can do with these Browns. Apparently, all the coaching done on fundamentals wasn't

    being done on that other "good" team. Os has enough experience, and with coaching, he could turn out to be

    terrific. So far, he really deserves the chance.

    & now guys like Spike Lee are protesting that NFL GMs can't see Kaps greatness, and he's being deliberately shunned.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @hoorta said:

    & now guys like Spike Lee are protesting that NFL GMs can't see Kaps greatness, and he's being deliberately shunned.

    The problem is that a guy like Spike Lee only sees skin color. He can't see Kap's lack of greatness. GMs see mediocrity. If he were so great, he would have a job regardless of his protests.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #36

    ^ That I agree with...

    As for Kaep being a "cancer"... hard to find a teammate of his that put him in that category.

  • ^ That I agree with...

    As for Kaep being a "cancer"... hard to find a teammate of his that put him in that category.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @tour2ma said:

    ^ That I agree with...

    That you posted it today at 8:32am? I also agree.