Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. New York Giants Monday Night Football Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
150 27 4.4k
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #69

    strong hands McCort

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    Takeaways!

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #71

    While the defense looks more aggressive, due to Williams, it also seems faster. People seem to fly to the ball, and the tackling has been sound.

  • B BobPOUND wrote on last edited by
    #72

    NICE.. Short field,,, let's see what they can do with this...

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Nice screen.  Haven't seen that in years

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #74

    Guys don't forget three starting OL aren't in there.

    The defense just looks So, so much better. I'm not saying their gonna be top 10 but the talent level is much stronger.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #75

    Great screen execution

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    Excellent!

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #77

    Finish this off Offense!

  • @bobpound said:

    As much as he isn't ready(I completely agree)... BUT he looks light years better than Brock.. Better to let him learn in the trenches.. He looks way more mobile than any of the other options.. And seeing as that our O line is like swiss cheese, whoever is unlucky enough to be back there, had better be able to run for their lives.. LOVED that throw, he has a fucking great arm.. He put it right on the money, just got tipped at the last second.

    I disagree. He doesn't look better than Brock and definitely not "light years" better. You throw this 21 year old kid into the fire and you ruin him, plain and simple.

    CoyoteC Coyote wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @atenears said:

    I disagree. He doesn't look better than Brock and definitely not "light years" better. You throw this 21 year old kid into the fire and you ruin him, plain and simple.

    Brock has 2-3 years experience against NFL defenses.   He is in-accurate as hell and can't move the offense.      Kiser is in his second preseason game and has trouble getting the team lined up.  His accuracy is better, arm is stronger and he can run.   Brock looks like a giraffe.

  • B BobPOUND wrote on last edited by
    #79

    Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

  • B BobPOUND wrote on last edited by
    #80

    First of hopefully many TD for Kizer on his feet.....   Personally a stupid risk I think...  But we are on the board.

  • Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

    CoyoteC Coyote wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @bobpound said:

    Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

    This.   Exactly, this.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    Helps to have a big strong QB do the sneak.

  • Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @bobpound said:

    Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

    Quick to make decisions? 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    This what I want to see become a Browns trademark. Defense shortens the field with a takeaway and Offense takes advantage.

  • @bobpound said:

    Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

    Quick to make decisions? 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @atenears said:

    Quick to make decisions? 

    Not so much

  • @atenears said:

    Quick to make decisions? 

    Not so much

    B BobPOUND wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @browns149 said:

    Not so much

    I am open to being wrong.. But for better or worse he executes faster.. That screen was completely sold on his fast movements.. He really sold it...   Even when he was sacked those two times, you could watch his head.. He was checking down... He just needs the clock in his head to say "bail out" when the count reaches 3.... Other than that, I think he is making good decisions so far.

  • @browns149 said:

    Not so much

    I am open to being wrong.. But for better or worse he executes faster.. That screen was completely sold on his fast movements.. He really sold it...   Even when he was sacked those two times, you could watch his head.. He was checking down... He just needs the clock in his head to say "bail out" when the count reaches 3.... Other than that, I think he is making good decisions so far.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @bobpound said:

    I am open to being wrong.. But for better or worse he executes faster.. That screen was completely sold on his fast movements.. He really sold it...   Even when he was sacked those two times, you could watch his head.. He was checking down... He just needs the clock in his head to say "bail out" when the count reaches 3.... Other than that, I think he is making good decisions so far.

    The screen was well executed by all, although effective because the defense was pinning back their ears coming for the rookie. 

    The holding on the ball on third and long (and a few other plays) and the careless runs into collisions soured his first half performance for me. The timing and lack of getting his team lined up is what preseason is for, that's not that big of concern. 

    I just don't want to see another rookie burned in the fire.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #88

    It was a rice screen to the FB...a good catch and run....but he was totally useless on the previous play by running into a pile and basically blocking nobody.

    Myles was manhandled pretty well while he was out there.  Yes he got a sack at the end of the half but that's because he was completely block and got knocked to the outside by a blocker...and Gino Smith ran right into him.

    And everyone's talking about the hit on Beckman...but it's a legal hit.  Right?  The guy is not allowed to hit high.  So you have to go low.  Pretty soon they're not going to be able to hit the guy at all.