Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. New York Giants Monday Night Football Preseason Game Night Thread***

The Browns Board
150 27 4.4k
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #82

    Helps to have a big strong QB do the sneak.

  • Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @bobpound said:

    Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

    Quick to make decisions? 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    This what I want to see become a Browns trademark. Defense shortens the field with a takeaway and Offense takes advantage.

  • @bobpound said:

    Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

    Quick to make decisions? 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @atenears said:

    Quick to make decisions? 

    Not so much

  • @atenears said:

    Quick to make decisions? 

    Not so much

    B BobPOUND wrote on last edited by
    #86

    @browns149 said:

    Not so much

    I am open to being wrong.. But for better or worse he executes faster.. That screen was completely sold on his fast movements.. He really sold it...   Even when he was sacked those two times, you could watch his head.. He was checking down... He just needs the clock in his head to say "bail out" when the count reaches 3.... Other than that, I think he is making good decisions so far.

  • @browns149 said:

    Not so much

    I am open to being wrong.. But for better or worse he executes faster.. That screen was completely sold on his fast movements.. He really sold it...   Even when he was sacked those two times, you could watch his head.. He was checking down... He just needs the clock in his head to say "bail out" when the count reaches 3.... Other than that, I think he is making good decisions so far.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @bobpound said:

    I am open to being wrong.. But for better or worse he executes faster.. That screen was completely sold on his fast movements.. He really sold it...   Even when he was sacked those two times, you could watch his head.. He was checking down... He just needs the clock in his head to say "bail out" when the count reaches 3.... Other than that, I think he is making good decisions so far.

    The screen was well executed by all, although effective because the defense was pinning back their ears coming for the rookie. 

    The holding on the ball on third and long (and a few other plays) and the careless runs into collisions soured his first half performance for me. The timing and lack of getting his team lined up is what preseason is for, that's not that big of concern. 

    I just don't want to see another rookie burned in the fire.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #88

    It was a rice screen to the FB...a good catch and run....but he was totally useless on the previous play by running into a pile and basically blocking nobody.

    Myles was manhandled pretty well while he was out there.  Yes he got a sack at the end of the half but that's because he was completely block and got knocked to the outside by a blocker...and Gino Smith ran right into him.

    And everyone's talking about the hit on Beckman...but it's a legal hit.  Right?  The guy is not allowed to hit high.  So you have to go low.  Pretty soon they're not going to be able to hit the guy at all.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    Defensive play was impressive as a team. Only saw two missed tackles for the half and last year it was often 2 per play.

  • @bobpound said:

    Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

    Quick to make decisions? 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #90

    @atenears said:

    Quick to make decisions? 

    giants pulled some of there 1's & kizer looked better.. preseason 2, kids head & eyes are in right spot  

  • CoyoteC Coyote wrote on last edited by Coyote
    #91

    Brock 6-8, 25 yards, INT, 38.0

    Kizer 4-6, 40 yards, 85.4 + 3 runs for 21 & TD.   Sacked twice.    (In the first half.)

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #92

    Before I could post, "he is locking onto receivers, expect a pick" ... he throws the pick (but reversed on a penalty on the Giants)

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    nor do we chucky

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Who's the jackass calling a QB run?

    Freakin' stupid.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #95

    Better play calling. The screens are  needed to slow down the flood gates.

    Lets see if we can get them to sit back so we can take s shot down field. (Damn, took that shot while I was typing, again)

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #96

    Geezuz Joseph & Mary.  Stop making the QB run the ball.  Fuckin' stupid jackass coach.

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #97

    I complimented the play calling before that last I'll advised QB keeper.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #98

    shake n bake DAYES

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by ATENEARS
    #99

    Too many screens for a game plan, but f'ing-A it sure is good to finally see us execute a screen in the new era ... damn, you'd think one would never have to type that.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Boy's got some balance!

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    I like the drum corps. 🙂