Stallworth update
-
Goodell's still going to suspend him for at least four games, and he's not going to do it until after Stallworth's case is resolved and/or his prison term ends. So I have a hard time seeing him playing this year.
-
Another celebrity/athlete get a break
-
Another celebrity/athlete get a break
Another celebrity/athlete get a break
Not really.....it's a situation anyone could argue...you don't have to be a celebrity to be able to apply the law.
-
Goodell's still going to suspend him for at least four games, and he's not going to do it until after Stallworth's case is resolved and/or his prison term ends. So I have a hard time seeing him playing this year.
Aloysius said:
Goodell's still going to suspend him for at least four games, and he's not going to do it until after Stallworth's case is resolved and/or his prison term ends. So I have a hard time seeing him playing this year.Agree. Seems like everything would have to break Stallworth's way for it to happen.
-
Another celebrity/athlete get a break
Not really.....it's a situation anyone could argue...you don't have to be a celebrity to be able to apply the law.
-
Another celebrity/athlete get a break
Not really.....it's a situation anyone could argue...you don't have to be a celebrity to be able to apply the law.
-
I beleive its just a matter of legal procedings that have kept the Browns from outright letting this guy go. Its too bad he couldn't help us.
-
But, an average citizen probably couldn't afford the lawyers necessary to get off
Everybody is afforded counsel.
This isn't such a obscure component of that states law that it would require a crack team of attorneys and clerks researching the dusty volumes.
-
Even if he gets a break it really doesnt matter with the new guys we have aquired stallworth most likely wont be able to make the team...
Even if he gets a break it really doesnt matter with the new guys we have aquired stallworth most likely wont be able to make the team...
Hey, I hope the BEST for him, but I don't want him back HERE.
Like I said, if some idiot ran out in the middle of a 5-6 lane highway illeagaly and got creamed by any of you, ALL of you would have said "So what if I had a drink or two, the asshole shouldn't have been in the middle of a freakin HIGHWAY" in the back of your heads.
Lighten up on the guy.
If he hadn't had a drink he'd be off scott free right now.
-
Even if he gets a break it really doesnt matter with the new guys we have aquired stallworth most likely wont be able to make the team...
Even if he gets a break it really doesnt matter with the new guys we have aquired stallworth most likely wont be able to make the team...
He could probably make it......but he may not be wanted at this point.
As Al said.....he probably still faces some form of sanction from the league office.
-
Another celebrity/athlete get a break
Not really.....it's a situation anyone could argue...you don't have to be a celebrity to be able to apply the law.
Not really.....it's a situation anyone could argue...you don't have to be a celebrity to be able to apply the law.
Doesn't Stallworth have a history of law enforcement problems? If this is the case it would be unusual for a regular citizen to get treated with the kid gloves that they are obviously going to be treating Stallworth with.
I'm sure he'll also have a civil suit pending as well
-
@shepwrite said:
When I heard the details...I like the he "flashed his lights and honked his horn" part. How 'bout using those brakes Donte?!
-
@shepwrite said:
When I heard the details...I like the he "flashed his lights and honked his horn" part. How 'bout using those brakes Donte?!
I like the he "flashed his lights and honked his horn" part. How 'bout using those brakes Donte?!
You have never been driving a wide road and had somebody start to cross the road in a effort to time it so you go by and they can cross the street to beat all the traffic?
If the guy just darts out....sorry, you aren't expecting that....and from the photos I remember, he was stopped pretty close to where the guy was hit, so he probably was breaking...there was no where to go to the left, and with anti-skid breaks these days, you aren't going to leave a skid mark to indicate you are breaking.
It will all play out
-
Calm down JAD...lol
I assume they are lawyers and don't say much about the case, leaving it for trial.
Also, I am not assuming anything. I am simply presenting some scenarios that are at least plausible and realistic.
Shoot, maybe Donte was playing Death Race 2000 and though a Mexican crossing the road was worth 50 points.
Point is I don't know what happened or how it played out, but it seems many are pretty eager to convict the guy without knowing what they are talking about.
-
Stallworth will never play for the Browns again, it is time to put that officially to rest.
-
Stallworth will never play for the Browns again, it is time to put that officially to rest.
-
the fact that he's a high paid athlete I think he should have more to lose than just your normal every day guy. and I'd say the same thing if he was a politician, movie star ect.
You lose me there.
You don't have different levels of the law for different classes...though it seems many these days seem ready to rape and pillage anybody or anything that isn't getting federal assistance.
-
Playing in the NFL is a privledge??????????? It's a damn job that a few talented people earn.... Privledge, I don't think so.....
T.Dawg
-
I like the he "flashed his lights and honked his horn" part. How 'bout using those brakes Donte?!
You have never been driving a wide road and had somebody start to cross the road in a effort to time it so you go by and they can cross the street to beat all the traffic?
If the guy just darts out....sorry, you aren't expecting that....and from the photos I remember, he was stopped pretty close to where the guy was hit, so he probably was breaking...there was no where to go to the left, and with anti-skid breaks these days, you aren't going to leave a skid mark to indicate you are breaking.
It will all play out
You have never been driving a wide road and had somebody start to cross the road in a effort to time it so you go by and they can cross the street to beat all the traffic?
If the guy just darts out....sorry, you aren't expecting that....and from the photos I remember, he was stopped pretty close to where the guy was hit, so he probably was breaking...there was no where to go to the left, and with anti-skid breaks these days, you aren't going to leave a skid mark to indicate you are breaking.
It will all play out
Exactly. This isn't exactly some side street bereft of traffic.

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login