Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Colts Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
346 45 9.6k
  • I like Chubb as a runner but no thanks.  He already has two, I believe?  - significant knee injuries.     That's simply not a risk you can take right now.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I like Chubb as a runner but no thanks.  He already has two, I believe?  - significant knee injuries.     That's simply not a risk you can take right now.  

    Yeah.. I'm sick of the browns taking flyers on guys with a history of injuries...

  • I like Chubb as a runner but no thanks.  He already has two, I believe?  - significant knee injuries.     That's simply not a risk you can take right now.  

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I like Chubb as a runner but no thanks.  He already has two, I believe?  - significant knee injuries.     That's simply not a risk you can take right now.  

    I believe only the one, and he somehow didn't tear his ACL. Still grotesque as hell, but I'd take a chance on that.

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    Saquon Barkley 

  • Saquon Barkley 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    Saquon Barkley 

    I would say right now, he may be a Top Ten pick from everything I hear.   Maybe an Ezekial Elliott clone

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    LOL but, Kizer is the future. No need to draft a QB according to Hue.  We're set! 

    He looks the real deal in actual games. I saw the video of him cleaning 405lbs.  Not that it's a weightlifting contest, but damn he's a monster. If you're getting compared to Zeke, that's a sign you're gonna be pretty awesome. 

  • BTW,  the Ravens are getting throttled by Jax 23-0.  Bad news for us.  Now i'm starting to believe that we'll probably be 0-3 after all.  At least the Colts were competitive with the Cards last week.

    dawg2fanD dawg2fan wrote on last edited by

    @dawg2fan said:

    BTW,  the Ravens are getting throttled by Jax 23-0.  Bad news for us.  Now i'm starting to believe that we'll probably be 0-3 after all.  At least the Colts were competitive with the Cards last week.

    Well, my guess was on point.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    We need to go back to 3-4 yds and a cloud of dust, than let kizer take deep shots off play action. Just get a big nasty fullback and oyt a big nasty rb behind him a d punish defensive fronts. Keep our defense off the field so that when they do cone in they're flying. 

    To revisit that dead horse......vickers/hillis. Rebuild that

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    I'm not a huge fan of Chubb. Ghoolie's probably in though. 

    Seriously though, Chubb's pretty overrated.

  • @mld-woody said:

    You want Williams to play all 11 guys with 3 yards of the LOS? Do you want me to explain why that is a bad idea? 

    I'm sorry you were hoping the DB we drafted was going to play HB...

    He wasn't a very good DB at Michigan at best I thought he would be a safety but doesn't seem to be happening.

    I can't remember if you defended Justine Gilbert this strongly 😁

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    He wasn't a very good DB at Michigan at best I thought he would be a safety but doesn't seem to be happening.

    I can't remember if you defended Justine Gilbert this strongly 😁

    I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right". 

    He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.

    This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

  • @d-bone said:

    It's a gorgeous day in SoCal.......... time to do something fun and head out for a bike ride.

    I should have done the same...   

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh

    Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"

    Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.

    I won't bang on Peppers- he's doing what he's coached to do... There were other guys in the Brows secondary that played far worse... 

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would be happy if he just returned A PUNT.

    A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught. 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I should have done the same...   

    I won't bang on Peppers- he's doing what he's coached to do... There were other guys in the Brows secondary that played far worse... 

    A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have fair caught

    Woah, hold on. Are you sure? You positive you don't want to declare Peppers a busy already? Blame him for losing the game and say he should have e returned every punt for a TD? 

    I think you're doing it wrong.

  • @d-bone said:

    It's a gorgeous day in SoCal.......... time to do something fun and head out for a bike ride.

    I should have done the same...   

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh

    Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"

    Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.

    I won't bang on Peppers- he's doing what he's coached to do... There were other guys in the Brows secondary that played far worse... 

    @canton-dawg said:

    I would be happy if he just returned A PUNT.

    A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught. 

    Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.

    Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?

  • @hoorta said:

    A lot of those punts were moon shots that had no reasonable chance of a return. I counted ONE that Peppers could have not fair caught. 

    Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.

    Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.

    Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?

    I'm with Larry on this one.   I wasn't at the game of course like he was but it seemed like nearly every punt was right against the sidelines or even out of bounds.   Looked like Peppers did an admirable job of flopping when he was hit on the sidelines after one of them.   He made it look like he got destroyed but was barely hit.  Almost worked too...

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Well, after returning 3 punts against the Stoolers (with a respectable 11yard avg) he returned zero against the Rats and zero against the Dolts.

    Whats the over/under against the Bungholes?

    I'm with Larry on this one.   I wasn't at the game of course like he was but it seemed like nearly every punt was right against the sidelines or even out of bounds.   Looked like Peppers did an admirable job of flopping when he was hit on the sidelines after one of them.   He made it look like he got destroyed but was barely hit.  Almost worked too...

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    I'm with Larry on this one.   I wasn't at the game of course like he was but it seemed like nearly every punt was right against the sidelines or even out of bounds.   Looked like Peppers did an admirable job of flopping when he was hit on the sidelines after one of them.   He made it look like he got destroyed but was barely hit.  Almost worked too...

    IIRC, he had one he should’ve returned against Indy, and at least two against the Rats.

    He could be a great ST weapon, but with all the fair catches...we’ll never know.

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    image.png.818306d4135ddd285f47c44d7cf9a54f.png

    image.png.d87b38a7441d2bf6c81a232d8a6ce6bb.png

    Here are the stats. Have at it.

  • @baconhound said:

    He wasn't a very good DB at Michigan at best I thought he would be a safety but doesn't seem to be happening.

    I can't remember if you defended Justine Gilbert this strongly 😁

    I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right". 

    He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.

    This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right". 

    He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.

    This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

    Who cares what he did in college.  He was playing like a guy on roller skates, and then flopping like a fish out of water in that first half.  But then things got corrected in the second half.  Maybe you have some insight on that. I suspect that Williams made some adjustments that worked well.  The other thing on him is that he....and we were itching to see him break a big gain on a punt return....instead, when we needed it most, he cacked up a furball and called for a fair catch on a very returnable punt.   I know he was kicking himself for doing it because you could see him doing that....and maybe it is still rookie jitters.  But hell fire.....I was looking for a Metcalf moment there.

  • Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh

    Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"

    Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    Oh joy, now all of the totally not biased OSU fans that were waiting for a bad rookie game can be the keyboard warriors they always knew they could. Smh

    Gonna be the worst case of bandwagoning on here. Peppers plays well "I liked that pick". Peppers has the obvious rookie, new position growing pains "Fuck Michigan! We could have had Hooker! I'm definitely not being biased!"

    Gonna be a long week of OSU fans circle jerking around here. I guess that's par for the course though. I mean, Hooker got a desperation pick at the end. That basically seals it 3 games into their careers.

    Here's the funny part Woody.....you made the post above before ANYONE even said a word......anyone......as if you're begging for someone to pick on your boy and, basically, chiding people for being OSU homers, BEFORE anyone said a word......(of course, I know you got bent outta shape cause the announcers were ripping your boy).....

    @mld-woody said:

    This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

    Then....you post this, saying folks "will be" calling you a homer(again, before it;s even happened)......when YOU are clearly the only one talking about Peppers poor play and what folks are "gonna do"....

    @mld-woody said:

    Woah, hold on. Are you sure? You positive you don't want to declare Peppers a busy already? Blame him for losing the game and say he should have e returned every punt for a TD? 

    I think you're doing it wrong.

    And then here....again....you are chiding people on, cause they are not being the homers you(are) and wish they were...

    Please!!! Get over the whole college kid thing and grow the hell up....NO ONE CARES WHERE HE PLAYED......he's a BROWN now.....we just want the dude to play well.....and, when he doesnt, it's not because of where he played, it's because he didnt play well...

    Holy crap....bad enough to hear all your homer whiny college kiddy bitch stuff....even worse when youre bitchin about it before it even happens.....

  • I'm not a huge fan of Chubb. Ghoolie's probably in though. 

    Seriously though, Chubb's pretty overrated.

    Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by Tim Couch Pulls Out

    @wargograw said:

    I'm not a huge fan of Chubb. Ghoolie's probably in though. 

    Seriously though, Chubb's pretty overrated.

    Why is he overrated?

    EDIT: He’s the 41st ranked player on CBS’ Big Board and the 5th ranked RB. He’s not ranked very high and is averaging 6.8 YPC for his career, has two 1100+ yard seasons and IMO has some of the best vision of any draft eligible RB this year.

  • @baconhound said:

    He wasn't a very good DB at Michigan at best I thought he would be a safety but doesn't seem to be happening.

    I can't remember if you defended Justine Gilbert this strongly 😁

    I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right". 

    He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.

    This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right". 

    He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.

    This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

    @sd_tom said:

    image.png.818306d4135ddd285f47c44d7cf9a54f.png

    image.png.d87b38a7441d2bf6c81a232d8a6ce6bb.png

    Here are the stats. Have at it.

    Woody better send an email to football reference and let them know Peppers wasn't a DB in 2014

  • @mld-woody said:

    I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right". 

    He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.

    This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

    Who cares what he did in college.  He was playing like a guy on roller skates, and then flopping like a fish out of water in that first half.  But then things got corrected in the second half.  Maybe you have some insight on that. I suspect that Williams made some adjustments that worked well.  The other thing on him is that he....and we were itching to see him break a big gain on a punt return....instead, when we needed it most, he cacked up a furball and called for a fair catch on a very returnable punt.   I know he was kicking himself for doing it because you could see him doing that....and maybe it is still rookie jitters.  But hell fire.....I was looking for a Metcalf moment there.

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Who cares what he did in college. 

    Tell that to the OSU troll that keeps bringing it up...

  • @mld-woody said:

    I didn't. But you can pretend whatever helps you feel more "right". 

    He didn't play DB at Michigan. He also was Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year and won numerous other awards.

    This is where I get called a Homer and biased for using facts to show how those that are actual homers and biased are incorrect

    @sd_tom said:

    image.png.818306d4135ddd285f47c44d7cf9a54f.png

    image.png.d87b38a7441d2bf6c81a232d8a6ce6bb.png

    Here are the stats. Have at it.

    Woody better send an email to football reference and let them know Peppers wasn't a DB in 2014

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    Woody better send an email to football reference and let them know Peppers wasn't a DB in 2014

    All I can do is shake my head and sigh

    Yes, for three games his freshman year, before injuring himself, he was mostly at CB I believe. His sophomore year he was listed as a Safety that played more like a LB. His third year it was something very similar but they called it LB

    We went over all of this when posters decided pre draft they hated him because he went to Michigan. Now we have more idiotic, troll, etc posters deciding they hate him after one bad game and continuing to bring up that he went to Michigan. Though I'm sure they're not biased at all...

    Smh

    Some of you are just blatantly trolling. Others I don't think you even realize your bias.