Saquon Barkley
-
Dayes might be our guy. Let's see.
-
Dayes might be our guy. Let's see.
I think he's better than the crow, especially ability to see holes opening rather than running up the butts because that is where the play design says to go.
The legendary Vince Lombardi wrote a book about it, "Run To Daylight".
-
RB won't change a thing if he's only getting 15 touches a game.. against the Colts Crow had 12. Run game will only have issues after total non-QB carries >30.. If he's going to pass that much then RB isn't a need.
-
RB won't change a thing if he's only getting 15 touches a game.. against the Colts Crow had 12. Run game will only have issues after total non-QB carries >30.. If he's going to pass that much then RB isn't a need.
RB won't change a thing if he's only getting 15 touches a game.. against the Colts Crow had 12. Run game will only have issues after total non-QB carries >30.. If he's going to pass that much then RB isn't a need.
Maybe. But if we had a more effective runner, then we also might run a lot more per game. Sometimes 2 + 2 does = 4.
-
With the state of our running game being absolute garbage, in next year's draft, we need to draft a RB high.
This kid has quickness, power, agility, and can catch the fucking ball... (Unlike our receivers)
Ladies and Gentlemen... Saquon Barkley
Ah-que up Tour, the anti-drafttherunnerhigh guru.

For the record look what it does for teams that have taken players like that high in the draft. What do we have? Mr. novision/run up the OL Butts Crow. I mean our 7th rounder plays better than that and he is getting the annual splinter award at the rate this is going.
Ah-que up Tour, the anti-drafttherunnerhigh guru.
For the record look what it does for teams that have taken players like that high in the draft.
You rang? You list your Day One, RB Difference-makers in the last ten-years, and for everyone you do, I'll list non-Day One RBs that are making just as big of a difference. I think I can at least best you by a 2:1 ratio...
With the amount of picks we have, we can find a good CB, WR, and LB depth in the 2nd to mid rounds.
If JG can come back, and Coleman can stay healthy, we wouldnt need to look for WR in the 1st unless there is a Julio Jones type of guy who is can't missHowever, I think if a guy like Saquon is on the board, you have to take him.. He's 230 lbs and runs a 4.3, can block, get out in the flat, make defenders miss. We get the ball in his hands 30 times a game, he will do good things and open up our passing game
And who is doing your
passing... I mean... handing off? -
Ah-que up Tour, the anti-drafttherunnerhigh guru.
For the record look what it does for teams that have taken players like that high in the draft.
You rang? You list your Day One, RB Difference-makers in the last ten-years, and for everyone you do, I'll list non-Day One RBs that are making just as big of a difference. I think I can at least best you by a 2:1 ratio...
With the amount of picks we have, we can find a good CB, WR, and LB depth in the 2nd to mid rounds.
If JG can come back, and Coleman can stay healthy, we wouldnt need to look for WR in the 1st unless there is a Julio Jones type of guy who is can't missHowever, I think if a guy like Saquon is on the board, you have to take him.. He's 230 lbs and runs a 4.3, can block, get out in the flat, make defenders miss. We get the ball in his hands 30 times a game, he will do good things and open up our passing game
And who is doing your
passing... I mean... handing off?You rang? You list your Day One, RB Difference-makers in the last ten-years, and for everyone you do, I'll list non-Day One RBs that are making just as big of a difference. I think I can at least best you by a 2:1 ratio...
And who is doing your
passing... I mean... handing off?What? You want research? Ok give me a few days.
Kaiser Prescott is handing off.

-
Gotta agree with Tour on this one. Not only is RB the position with the shortest shelf life, but the position that is easiest to fill in later rounds. Every year there's a mid-late round RB who comes out of nowhere to become a star.
-
You rang? You list your Day One, RB Difference-makers in the last ten-years, and for everyone you do, I'll list non-Day One RBs that are making just as big of a difference. I think I can at least best you by a 2:1 ratio...
And who is doing your
passing... I mean... handing off?What? You want research? Ok give me a few days.
Kaiser Prescott is handing off.

What? You want research? Ok give me a few days.
Few days? For a list that should come off the top of your head... while playing racquetball?

Oh, well... here's 2017 to start you off... http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/tracker#dt-by-position:dt-by-position/dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:rb
Player Pos Ht Wt College Pick Team Grade 
Watch Fournette, Leonard RB 6'0" 240 LSU Pick 4, Round 1 (4) Jaguars 6.8 Cook, Dalvin RB 5'10" 210 Florida St. Pick 9, Round 2 (41) Vikings 6.2 Mixon, Joe RB 6'1" 226 Oklahoma Pick 16, Round 2 (48) Bengals 6.0 McCaffrey, Christian RB 5'11" 202 Stanford Pick 8, Round 1 (8) Panthers 6.0 Kamara, Alvin RB 5'10" 214 Tennessee Pick 3, Round 3 (67) Saints 5.9 Foreman, D'Onta RB 6'0" 233 Texas Pick 25, Round 3 (89) Texans 5.7 Perine, Samaje RB 5'11" 233 Oklahoma Pick 7, Round 4 (114) Redskins 5.6 McNichols, Jeremy RB 5'9" 214 Boise St. Pick 18, Round 5 (162) Buccaneers 5.6 Mack, Marlon RB 5'11" 213 South Florida Pick 37, Round 4 (143) Colts 5.5 Hunt, Kareem RB 5'10" 216 Toledo Pick 22, Round 3 (86) Chiefs 5.5 -
Gotta agree with Tour on this one. Not only is RB the position with the shortest shelf life, but the position that is easiest to fill in later rounds. Every year there's a mid-late round RB who comes out of nowhere to become a star.
Gotta agree with Tour on this one. Not only is RB the position with the shortest shelf life, but the position that is easiest to fill in later rounds. Every year there's a mid-late round RB who comes out of nowhere to become a star.
Agreed. Kareem Hunt is a 3rd rounder and is killing it right now. RB talent is abundant in the middle rounds.
-
RB won't change a thing if he's only getting 15 touches a game.. against the Colts Crow had 12. Run game will only have issues after total non-QB carries >30.. If he's going to pass that much then RB isn't a need.
RB won't change a thing if he's only getting 15 touches a game.. against the Colts Crow had 12. Run game will only have issues after total non-QB carries >30.. If he's going to pass that much then RB isn't a need.
Well, certainly if the Browns are going to continue to get down by scores of 24-10 or 28-7...they ain't going to be doing much running of the ball. Lets see if they can get a game where they can go up by 28-7..then what?:
-
Barkley is an animal
But we aren't a team that can afford to take a HB high. I don't like using high draft picks on HBs in general. But at the very least you need a team around that HB first. I would say you only take a HB that high if it is your missing piece
-
Barkley is an animal
But we aren't a team that can afford to take a HB high. I don't like using high draft picks on HBs in general. But at the very least you need a team around that HB first. I would say you only take a HB that high if it is your missing piece
Barkley is an animal
But we aren't a team that can afford to take a HB high. I don't like using high draft picks on HBs in general. But at the very least you need a team around that HB first. I would say you only take a HB that high if it is your missing piece
They haven't termed them "HBs" since like the 60s or 70s. How old are you and when did you time warp on to this planet?
Nevertheless....I actually like the use of the term Halfback. You had a halfback and a fullback. It meant that you actually had two people on the field that were fully capable of carrying the football. Some of the greatest runners were termed Fullbacks.....Jim Brown, Jim Taylor, Cookie Gilchrist, Franco Harris, Joe Perry, Marion Motley. etc. They were often the primary ball carrier...and were the bigger back. Sometime however, the primary ball carrier just became the "Running Back"...and the Fullback was relegated to just blocking duties. The last guy that was termed a fullback that may have been a team's primary RB was perhaps Mike Alstott or the Bucs....and he was it for even 20 years before he came around. Even Mack and Byner were not really given the terminology of Fullback and Halfback. (though, I think, in essence, that is what they were). I have thought that it may be fresh if Crowell and Johnson could do it like Mack and Byner did.....a fullback and a halfback, both capable. But that is not the way offenses are built....nor termed these days.
-
I didn't realize when I responded earlier about Barkley that there was a thread specifically about him, so here goes again:
He is a great talent, undeniably so. I just can't see the Browns taking him with their (most likely) top 5 overall pick. He won't be around (most likely again) with the Browns second 1st rounder, via the Texans. Taking a RB with a top 5 overall pick is about the most un-analytic move I can think of, and we know this front office is into the analytics.
-
Gotta agree with Tour on this one. Not only is RB the position with the shortest shelf life, but the position that is easiest to fill in later rounds. Every year there's a mid-late round RB who comes out of nowhere to become a star.
Agreed. Kareem Hunt is a 3rd rounder and is killing it right now. RB talent is abundant in the middle rounds.
Agreed. Kareem Hunt is a 3rd rounder and is killing it right now. RB talent is abundant in the middle rounds.
To me Kareem Hunt is a scratch off ticket that paid off big time. I dont see a lot of guys like that slipping to us in the 3rd? Maybe I am wrong. Mixon and Cook likely would have been 1st round picks without the off field issues.
Relative to what we have now and catching the ball they need to use Duke much more.
-
BPA period. No more drafting for need unless theres multiple high level guys at where we're picking. Im still hopeful we wont have the 1st pick so darnold is prob out of the picture for us. If barkley is there we have to take him if theres no one better on the board. We need "talent". If theres a STUD Dl or DE on the board that will have a bigger imoacy on the team than batkley, we take him.
Too early to talk draft. We need to stop this.
-
Like Barkley a lot. Was Zeke a waste of a pick that early? You cannot tell me Dak wasn't helped out by Zeke tremendously,
Barkley is an instant game changer, and takes the pressure off a QB. He's a monster. Power cleans 405, squats 650, runs a 4.3-4.4.
Can't think of a better division to have a killer RB than the AFC north
-
well, if anybody drafts St. Brown, imho, wr, because they need a wr, and Barkley was there...
that would be a disaster I think.
-
Enjoy the now of football.You could not wait to get it back but as Sad Browns Fans do over & Over year after year
They create wishful next year Topics..Ha..Ha!! Kareem Hunt is no lucky scratch off ticket. 1)He got caught in the lower level of competition league in MAC..2) He had a bad day in The Underwear Olympics with slow 40 time.(Dayes too).Whoopee Shit..Some are just play-makers on the field that go faster against competition..Hue had both in senior bowl..Both got started playing 11 games as freshman in 13. Hunt-782 carries-4945 yards-6.3 yards/carry.(a 3rd rd.).....Dayes-550 carries-2856 yards-5.2 yards/carry.(a 7th rd)...Hunt fell into a great spot at KC with No #1 RB...Dayes fell into a Contract Season of I.Crowell...Big Difference, Far Too many reasons to just wait till the declared List is actually out.(we have a slow moving college football tread also?).But have at it, it always makes for some LOL's after only WEEK 3..
-
I have to go with BPA too and if that's Barkley or Guice I would have no problem. Walterfootball has us taking Barkley @ #5 and Ridley @ #6. Browns fans would be whooping and hollering over those two. Same if it were Guice and Kirk if it so happened they were BPA when our picks come up.
All that said I would start Dayes over anyone we have currently. Crowell just is not the answer. The crow seems more like the bat with no sonar system to me.
-
Not sure how I feel about Ridley as an NFL guy. He’s just so skinny.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login