Skip to content

So if Jackson is gone...

The Browns Board
95 27 4.8k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Yeah, it is... but IMHO it's lame to pile on the penalty decline.

    Kind of an aside, but I was looking into Hue's "Coaching Tree" last week. He doesn't exactly spring from heavyweight limbs nor give rise to substantial twigs...

    http://nflcoachingtrees.com/coaching-trees/hue-jackson

    Just about every tree has its rotten apple.  But what you are saying is that he doesn't even come off a tree.  More like a rotten turnip.

    7922345-close-up-of-rotten-apple-with-mi

    @the-gipper said:

    Just about every tree has its rotten apple.  But what you are saying is that he doesn't even come off a tree.  More like a rotten turnip truck.

    7922345-close-up-of-rotten-apple-with-mi

    FIFY

  • give hue a 3rd year marching tune from you assholes who couldn't wait to get of mangini or pettine after their 2nd.

    hyp-o-friggin-criti-fuggin-cal 2 faced douchebags.

    you deserve this bag of lit dog Sheet on your porch....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

    fuck-you-fuck-her-him-fuck-therm-fuck-you-all-5711650.png

    @miktoxic said:

    give hue a 3rd year marching tune from you assholes who couldn't wait to get of mangini or pettine after their 2nd.

    hyp-o-friggin-criti-fuggin-cal 2 faced douchebags.

    you deserve this bag of lit dog Sheet on your porch....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

    fuck-you-fuck-her-him-fuck-therm-fuck-you-all-5711650.png

    Sorry mix, I've never wanted any of our coaches to go sooner that 3 years, regardless of how badly they were doing.  We need consistency and you never know if a coach will turn things around with more time.

  • I wanted Pettine and Mangini and Chud to get more time.   I wanted Shurmur fired pretty soon after he was hired.   I've tried to stay on the keep Hue train but I just don't see it getting any better.   Game day decisions are horrible, yanking Kizer in and out of games this season has just been lame considering he left Hogan out there after 3 first half picks, but has less patience with his 21 year old "big future for the franchise" guy? 

  • I wanted Pettine and Mangini and Chud to get more time.   I wanted Shurmur fired pretty soon after he was hired.   I've tried to stay on the keep Hue train but I just don't see it getting any better.   Game day decisions are horrible, yanking Kizer in and out of games this season has just been lame considering he left Hogan out there after 3 first half picks, but has less patience with his 21 year old "big future for the franchise" guy? 

    @mark-o said:

    I wanted Pettine and Mangini and Chud to get more time.   I wanted Shurmur fired pretty soon after he was hired.   I've tried to stay on the keep Hue train but I just don't see it getting any better. 

    With you on Pet and Mangenius... Chud? Not so much... although he did attract one good coordinators  in Norv. Patsy attracted two, but if there was ever a HC doomed by his FO, it was Shurmur's death by Wheezy.

    Hue... well... I think I've been pretty clear on him. Conditional retention...

  • @mark-o said:

    I wanted Pettine and Mangini and Chud to get more time.   I wanted Shurmur fired pretty soon after he was hired.   I've tried to stay on the keep Hue train but I just don't see it getting any better. 

    With you on Pet and Mangenius... Chud? Not so much... although he did attract one good coordinators  in Norv. Patsy attracted two, but if there was ever a HC doomed by his FO, it was Shurmur's death by Wheezy.

    Hue... well... I think I've been pretty clear on him. Conditional retention...

    @tour2ma said:

    Hue... well... I think I've been pretty clear on him. Conditional retention...

    Conditional retention regardless of record?   Meaning if we go 0-16 or 1-15 this season making him a 1 or 2 win coach over 2 seasons you bring him back again for a 3rd year?   And what is the conditional retention?  I'm guessing he needs to hire an OC to take over the play calling.   I guess I could live with that especially if the OC is a guy who could move into the HC role.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Hue... well... I think I've been pretty clear on him. Conditional retention...

    Conditional retention regardless of record?   Meaning if we go 0-16 or 1-15 this season making him a 1 or 2 win coach over 2 seasons you bring him back again for a 3rd year?   And what is the conditional retention?  I'm guessing he needs to hire an OC to take over the play calling.   I guess I could live with that especially if the OC is a guy who could move into the HC role.

    @mark-o said:

    Conditional retention regardless of record?   Meaning if we go 0-16 or 1-15 this season making him a 1 or 2 win coach over 2 seasons you bring him back again for a 3rd year?   And what is the conditional retention?  I'm guessing he needs to hire an OC to take over the play calling.   I guess I could live with that especially if the OC is a guy who could move into the HC role.

    Yes...unless he said something behind the scenes along the lines of "I can make a Kessler-Hogan-Kizer QB room work" and guaranteed a number of victories... yes. I don't think he said any such thing.

    More so when add in the loss of Coleman and the Britt that showed up. I'd even consider retention in spite of if making the above statement.

    But conditional retention...

  • @mark-o said:

    Conditional retention regardless of record?   Meaning if we go 0-16 or 1-15 this season making him a 1 or 2 win coach over 2 seasons you bring him back again for a 3rd year?   And what is the conditional retention?  I'm guessing he needs to hire an OC to take over the play calling.   I guess I could live with that especially if the OC is a guy who could move into the HC role.

    Yes...unless he said something behind the scenes along the lines of "I can make a Kessler-Hogan-Kizer QB room work" and guaranteed a number of victories... yes. I don't think he said any such thing.

    More so when add in the loss of Coleman and the Britt that showed up. I'd even consider retention in spite of if making the above statement.

    But conditional retention...

    @tour2ma said:

    Yes...unless he said something behind the scenes along the lines of "I can make a Kessler-Hogan-Kizer QB room work" and guaranteed a number of victories... yes. I don't think he said any such thing.

    More so when add in the loss of Coleman and the Britt that showed up. I'd even consider retention in spite of if making the above statement.

    But conditional retention...

    I hope he didn't say anything like that, if he did he's as good as gone. But Tour- it's plain as mud now, barring a miracle turnaround- we're taking a qb with our first pick in 2018. Right now, it's not going to be lower than #2 overall, and almost a lead pipe lock bet it's going to be in the top 5.   

    From ESPN-  "The Browns are just the fourth franchise in the Super Bowl era to start 0-7 in back-to-back seasons. Their chances to win the division are nonexistent, but their chances to "earn" the top pick in next year's draft are through the roof. The Browns are a 58.4 percent favorite to pick first, according to FPI."

  • Kool...... We're #1! (finally) 

  • Conditional retention? Kinda sounds more like a side effect for a stomach medication instead of a football coach.

  • Kool...... We're #1! (finally) 

    @d-bone said:

    Kool...... We're #1! (finally) 

    LOL, check the power rankings this week? Easy to find the Browns, just start at the bottom and work up. Pick any one. Jimmy can't be happy with the vision Sashi and DePo sold him. "the Process" should have had us at least #27 by now. 

  • Kool...... We're #1! (finally) 

    @d-bone said:

    Kool...... We're #1! (finally) 

    All in the process...