Jimmy Grabsapillow Traded to....
-
@boo-fagley said:
Why?
High miles? Bad feet?
When an Amishman sells a horse, it is because the horse has been worked 1 step shy of death. If you want to witnsee animal cruelty first hadn, spend a week in a Amish hay fields or planting fields.
-
I wish the Browns still listened to Sam.
I wish the Browns still listened to Sam.
Love Sam. He has more football knowledge in his nutsack sweat than the entire FO.
-
I wish the Browns still listened to Sam.
I wish the Browns still listened to Sam.
Was good to hear Sam.
Of course he went straight to the fact that we've got no veteran QB voice in the QB room....and right to our WR's & TE's, which are our 'playmakers', except they're NOT. And his major point of a lawyer being put in charge of the 53 man roster.
Now, I applauded Haslam for thinking outside of the box in the Committee concept...because the one GM football guy thing was not working for him, each time he tried it. But really, you have to have a true blue football guy in that committee. And he has to be given a strong voice. - Hue is the football guy for us...and he was SUPPOSED to have a voice, but I truly do not believe that his voice was given much credence.
It was funny when Sam was asked what Hue should do now (as far as the rest of the season goes).....I'm certain that Sam wanted to say, "Well, Hue's phucked. What the hell CAN he do with what he's got."
-
I wish the Browns still listened to Sam.
Was good to hear Sam.
Of course he went straight to the fact that we've got no veteran QB voice in the QB room....and right to our WR's & TE's, which are our 'playmakers', except they're NOT. And his major point of a lawyer being put in charge of the 53 man roster.
Now, I applauded Haslam for thinking outside of the box in the Committee concept...because the one GM football guy thing was not working for him, each time he tried it. But really, you have to have a true blue football guy in that committee. And he has to be given a strong voice. - Hue is the football guy for us...and he was SUPPOSED to have a voice, but I truly do not believe that his voice was given much credence.
It was funny when Sam was asked what Hue should do now (as far as the rest of the season goes).....I'm certain that Sam wanted to say, "Well, Hue's phucked. What the hell CAN he do with what he's got."
Hue is the football guy for us...and he was SUPPOSED to have a voice, but I truly do not believe that his voice was given much credence.
Haslam likes "yes men" and Hue was cool with that and the Sashi moneyball Front Office because he thought they'd let him have more of a say.
But if Jimmy likes a QB, I bet they take him over what Hue wants.
Sashi is trying to save money and look for undervalued talent (Kizer)
Good QB's are rare.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Why?
High miles? Bad feet?
When an Amishman sells a horse, it is because the horse has been worked 1 step shy of death. If you want to witnsee animal cruelty first hadn, spend a week in a Amish hay fields or planting fields.
When an Amishman sells a horse, it is because the horse has been worked 1 step shy of death. If you want to witnsee animal cruelty first hadn, spend a week in a Amish hay fields or planting fields.
But some of them value their animals Tom. My brother had hunting privileges on an Amish guys farm- if you see a groundhog, shoot it- I don't want any of my horses falling into one of their holes & breaking a leg. As an aside- the best bacon I've ever had in my life came from that guy's farm. He smoked it over some hickory, and didn't particularly care how much wood he was using. And damn near zero shrinkage, unlike you get with the max water injected commercial crap.
-
@boo-fagley said:
Why?
High miles? Bad feet?
When an Amishman sells a horse, it is because the horse has been worked 1 step shy of death. If you want to witnsee animal cruelty first hadn, spend a week in a Amish hay fields or planting fields.
When an Amishman sells a horse, it is because the horse has been worked 1 step shy of death. If you want to witnsee animal cruelty first hadn, spend a week in a Amish hay fields or planting fields.
u ain't seen Sheet until ur driving through KY dry county backroad still country where those people picking their belly buttons hope you break down driving through the rocks and limbs of a dirt road cuz u and ur friends thought it'd be cool to drive around and drink a case of beer. i don't know which is worse....the appalachian inbreds or the chicago project young african american killers.
-
When an Amishman sells a horse, it is because the horse has been worked 1 step shy of death. If you want to witnsee animal cruelty first hadn, spend a week in a Amish hay fields or planting fields.
u ain't seen Sheet until ur driving through KY dry county backroad still country where those people picking their belly buttons hope you break down driving through the rocks and limbs of a dirt road cuz u and ur friends thought it'd be cool to drive around and drink a case of beer. i don't know which is worse....the appalachian inbreds or the chicago project young african american killers.
u ain't seen Sheet until ur driving through KY dry county backroad still country where those people picking their belly buttons hope you break down driving through the rocks and limbs of a dirt road cuz u and ur friends thought it'd be cool to drive around and drink a case of beer. i don't know which is worse....the appalachian inbreds or the chicago project young african american killers.
I bet you got a purty mouth.

-
This is interesting and take it for what's it worth but I was listening to the Sirius XM blitz with Brady Quinn and Bruce Murray (they are pretty neutral for the most part), and one of the topics of conversation was comparing JG to the big 3 (rosen, darnold, allen) in this upcoming draft class. The conclusion was that he would be 4th...which I found to be very interesting. Quinn loves Josh Allen and Murray compared Darnold to Luck especially in his senior year when he was also forcing a lot of passes. They both said that the risk with JG is that you are going to have to pay him AT LEAST 25 million/yr b/c that's what the tag is going to cost you plus a second rounder. Yes, you get his "experience" but in all reality it is only 2.5 games. Now, the niners will probably get at least 6 maybe 7 games to view him and make an assessment but for Quinn and Murray's money, they do not feel he is that much superior to any of the other three. Plus, how many times have back-up qb's come in for a few games, looked good, got massive deals from another team and then failed miserably. Just about every single time. Obviously, there are exceptions to the rules
I find this interesting only because I was asking myself the same question. I was on the JG train and still think he is going to be a very good qb. I also feel the browns should have tried to get him from NE and given him a tryout. That being said, I was very surprised by what they said. I would have placed him in the top 2 compared to this class but for them to rank him that far below is surprising. For a team like the browns, maybe this was the reason they made a decision to not pursue. Maybe NE never even gave them an opportunity, something no one is talking about. Kizer has shown improvements and he is so young in his development. Maybe they want to actually see what he can be before making a decision. They are the ones who are out doing the scouting now during the season and maybe they have evaluated these guys and love one or two of them which has influenced this trade deadline.
-
This is interesting and take it for what's it worth but I was listening to the Sirius XM blitz with Brady Quinn and Bruce Murray (they are pretty neutral for the most part), and one of the topics of conversation was comparing JG to the big 3 (rosen, darnold, allen) in this upcoming draft class. The conclusion was that he would be 4th...which I found to be very interesting. Quinn loves Josh Allen and Murray compared Darnold to Luck especially in his senior year when he was also forcing a lot of passes. They both said that the risk with JG is that you are going to have to pay him AT LEAST 25 million/yr b/c that's what the tag is going to cost you plus a second rounder. Yes, you get his "experience" but in all reality it is only 2.5 games. Now, the niners will probably get at least 6 maybe 7 games to view him and make an assessment but for Quinn and Murray's money, they do not feel he is that much superior to any of the other three. Plus, how many times have back-up qb's come in for a few games, looked good, got massive deals from another team and then failed miserably. Just about every single time. Obviously, there are exceptions to the rules
I find this interesting only because I was asking myself the same question. I was on the JG train and still think he is going to be a very good qb. I also feel the browns should have tried to get him from NE and given him a tryout. That being said, I was very surprised by what they said. I would have placed him in the top 2 compared to this class but for them to rank him that far below is surprising. For a team like the browns, maybe this was the reason they made a decision to not pursue. Maybe NE never even gave them an opportunity, something no one is talking about. Kizer has shown improvements and he is so young in his development. Maybe they want to actually see what he can be before making a decision. They are the ones who are out doing the scouting now during the season and maybe they have evaluated these guys and love one or two of them which has influenced this trade deadline.
This is interesting and take it for what's it worth but I was listening to the Sirius XM blitz with Brady Quinn and Bruce Murray (they are pretty neutral for the most part), and one of the topics of conversation was comparing JG to the big 3 (rosen, darnold, allen) in this upcoming draft class. The conclusion was that he would be 4th...which I found to be very interesting. Quinn loves Josh Allen and Murray compared Darnold to Luck especially in his senior year when he was also forcing a lot of passes. They both said that the risk with JG is that you are going to have to pay him AT LEAST 25 million/yr b/c that's what the tag is going to cost you plus a second rounder. Yes, you get his "experience" but in all reality it is only 2.5 games. Now, the niners will probably get at least 6 maybe 7 games to view him and make an assessment but for Quinn and Murray's money, they do not feel he is that much superior to any of the other three. Plus, how many times have back-up qb's come in for a few games, looked good, got massive deals from another team and then failed miserably. Just about every single time. Obviously, there are exceptions to the rules
I find this interesting only because I was asking myself the same question. I was on the JG train and still think he is going to be a very good qb. I also feel the browns should have tried to get him from NE and given him a tryout. That being said, I was very surprised by what they said. I would have placed him in the top 2 compared to this class but for them to rank him that far below is surprising. For a team like the browns, maybe this was the reason they made a decision to not pursue. Maybe NE never even gave them an opportunity, something no one is talking about. Kizer has shown improvements and he is so young in his development. Maybe they want to actually see what he can be before making a decision. They are the ones who are out doing the scouting now during the season and maybe they have evaluated these guys and love one or two of them which has influenced this trade deadline.
A very fair comment. JG was a second round pick. And yes, I agree with Quinn etc. that he has shown nothing at this point to warrant a 25 million dollar contract. If he wins 4 games for the Niners the rest of the year? Well, maybe.
-
This is interesting and take it for what's it worth but I was listening to the Sirius XM blitz with Brady Quinn and Bruce Murray (they are pretty neutral for the most part), and one of the topics of conversation was comparing JG to the big 3 (rosen, darnold, allen) in this upcoming draft class. The conclusion was that he would be 4th...which I found to be very interesting. Quinn loves Josh Allen and Murray compared Darnold to Luck especially in his senior year when he was also forcing a lot of passes. They both said that the risk with JG is that you are going to have to pay him AT LEAST 25 million/yr b/c that's what the tag is going to cost you plus a second rounder. Yes, you get his "experience" but in all reality it is only 2.5 games. Now, the niners will probably get at least 6 maybe 7 games to view him and make an assessment but for Quinn and Murray's money, they do not feel he is that much superior to any of the other three. Plus, how many times have back-up qb's come in for a few games, looked good, got massive deals from another team and then failed miserably. Just about every single time. Obviously, there are exceptions to the rules
I find this interesting only because I was asking myself the same question. I was on the JG train and still think he is going to be a very good qb. I also feel the browns should have tried to get him from NE and given him a tryout. That being said, I was very surprised by what they said. I would have placed him in the top 2 compared to this class but for them to rank him that far below is surprising. For a team like the browns, maybe this was the reason they made a decision to not pursue. Maybe NE never even gave them an opportunity, something no one is talking about. Kizer has shown improvements and he is so young in his development. Maybe they want to actually see what he can be before making a decision. They are the ones who are out doing the scouting now during the season and maybe they have evaluated these guys and love one or two of them which has influenced this trade deadline.
A very fair comment. JG was a second round pick. And yes, I agree with Quinn etc. that he has shown nothing at this point to warrant a 25 million dollar contract. If he wins 4 games for the Niners the rest of the year? Well, maybe.
A very fair comment. JG was a second round pick. And yes, I agree with Quinn etc. that he has shown nothing at this point to warrant a 25 million dollar contract. If he wins 4 games for the Niners the rest of the year? Well, maybe.
He's a leader, learned under Brady, and has all the right intangibles.
-
A very fair comment. JG was a second round pick. And yes, I agree with Quinn etc. that he has shown nothing at this point to warrant a 25 million dollar contract. If he wins 4 games for the Niners the rest of the year? Well, maybe.
He's a leader, learned under Brady, and has all the right intangibles.
He's a leader, learned under Brady, and has all the right intangibles.
There is NOTHING in the record to prove that. It is all potential...and who knows if it will come to fruition. The 49ers may still lose all the rest of their games...even with him in there.
-
He's a leader, learned under Brady, and has all the right intangibles.
There is NOTHING in the record to prove that. It is all potential...and who knows if it will come to fruition. The 49ers may still lose all the rest of their games...even with him in there.
There is NOTHING in the record to prove that. It is all potential...and who knows if it will come to fruition. The 49ers may still lose all the rest of their games...even with him in there.
Hue said "trust me" with Kessler, so i'm saying my own "trust me"
-
There is NOTHING in the record to prove that. It is all potential...and who knows if it will come to fruition. The 49ers may still lose all the rest of their games...even with him in there.
Hue said "trust me" with Kessler, so i'm saying my own "trust me"
Hue said "trust me" with Kessler, so i'm saying my own "trust me"
In other words, you are saying subliminally "don't trust me".....as my judgment is as completely messed up as Hue's when it comes to QB talent.
And that is pretty fuhucking fuhucked up.
-
All worth reading and digesting
BB is apparently tired of dealing with Sashi.. because BB can no longer fleece Berea for whatever he proposes.
"The front office tries to win every deal" --- as opposed to the Jags, I presume?
-
All worth reading and digesting
BB is apparently tired of dealing with Sashi.. because BB can no longer fleece Berea for whatever he proposes.
"The front office tries to win every deal" --- as opposed to the Jags, I presume?
All worth reading and digesting
BB is apparently tired of dealing with Sashi.. because BB can no longer fleece Berea for whatever he proposes.
"The front office tries to win every deal" --- as opposed to the Jags, I presume?
Well.....sure, OK....there are a couple of different ways of looking at this:
A. The Browns FO, with Sashi is just frustrating to deal with, even if something can get done; or:
B. The Browns FO is not a pushover like the Pats would like them to be. They play hardball.
Now...I don't mind that the Browns FO is not seen as a pushover, or that they play hardball and that guys like BB who think they can just have their way with them are disappointed in that expectation.
What I do mind is that the Browns FO makes bad personell choices when they do have the chance. Its OK to play hardball...if you get the right talent. Its bad when you get the wrong talent.
Though....riddle me this. If our FO is supposedly playing "hardball" with other teams on trades....then how is it that they nearly got fleeced and stripped naked on this McCarron deal? They certainly would not have "won the deal" if that one had gone through. (but maybe that is why it did not go through....Sashi saw the Browns being fleeced...and sabotaged the deal)
-
All worth reading and digesting
BB is apparently tired of dealing with Sashi.. because BB can no longer fleece Berea for whatever he proposes.
"The front office tries to win every deal" --- as opposed to the Jags, I presume?
Well.....sure, OK....there are a couple of different ways of looking at this:
A. The Browns FO, with Sashi is just frustrating to deal with, even if something can get done; or:
B. The Browns FO is not a pushover like the Pats would like them to be. They play hardball.
Now...I don't mind that the Browns FO is not seen as a pushover, or that they play hardball and that guys like BB who think they can just have their way with them are disappointed in that expectation.
What I do mind is that the Browns FO makes bad personell choices when they do have the chance. Its OK to play hardball...if you get the right talent. Its bad when you get the wrong talent.
Though....riddle me this. If our FO is supposedly playing "hardball" with other teams on trades....then how is it that they nearly got fleeced and stripped naked on this McCarron deal? They certainly would not have "won the deal" if that one had gone through. (but maybe that is why it did not go through....Sashi saw the Browns being fleeced...and sabotaged the deal)
Though....riddle me this. If our FO is supposedly playing "hardball" with other teams on trades....then how is it that they nearly got fleeced and stripped naked on this McCarron deal? They certainly would not have "won the deal" if that one had gone through. (but maybe that is why it did not go through....Sashi saw the Browns being fleeced...and sabotaged the deal)
because man, Sashi let the trade Shmuck up is my theory. It was too late and they had to rush to make it, he didn't want to give up the picks, and has his assistant deal with it. It makes perfect sense. It would've messed up his process. He can say whatever he wants, but he gave Hue Kizer for a reason. To see if Kizer is a franchise QB, and if he isn't, to tank for the #1 pick.
-
All worth reading and digesting
BB is apparently tired of dealing with Sashi.. because BB can no longer fleece Berea for whatever he proposes.
"The front office tries to win every deal" --- as opposed to the Jags, I presume?
All worth reading and digesting
BB is apparently tired of dealing with Sashi.. because BB can no longer fleece Berea for whatever he proposes.
"The front office tries to win every deal" --- as opposed to the Jags, I presume?
I thought of it and it might be a bit of camuflaging the real reasons.
The case is that Browns offered a 2nd round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo in May, whereas the 49ers opted to get two FA. Both moves where made so none of the teams would draft a QB.
But the Brows finally did, and the rookie is playing, poorly, but playing.
So now, 6 months later, and half a season before the said player becomes free agent, who are you going to negotiate with: the team that already has a QB thanks to you not accepting a deal, or the team whose QB has not panned out and you know can work as your backup?
If I were Sashi, I doubt I would have offered the same as 6months earlier, and the Patriots knew SF could offer the same or more.
-
Jimmy G will bust. How do I know? Belichik doesn't ever get the red butt when he makes a trade. He sold snake oil to a jackoff team in a jackoff city.
I am more interested in enough Kizer to Coleman,,,, Kizer to Gordon TDs for the Browns to say nyet to a QB in the 2018 draft. THAT is what I have on my Christmas list.
-
Jimmy G will bust. How do I know? Belichik doesn't ever get the red butt when he makes a trade. He sold snake oil to a jackoff team in a jackoff city.
I am more interested in enough Kizer to Coleman,,,, Kizer to Gordon TDs for the Browns to say nyet to a QB in the 2018 draft. THAT is what I have on my Christmas list.
Jimmy G will bust. How do I know? Belichik doesn't ever get the red butt when he makes a trade. He sold snake oil to a jackoff team in a jackoff city.
I am more interested in enough Kizer to Coleman,,,, Kizer to Gordon TDs for the Browns to say nyet to a QB in the 2018 draft. THAT is what I have on my Christmas list.
Well, there's only one thing that makes me think that Bellichick doesn't think that Jimmy G will be a bust, and it is that he did the same deal the Browns offered 6 months later when everything could have gone way worse and he could have lost him in free agency at the end of the year. Normally he doesn't keep the players like that, unless he wanted to have some kind of insurance if Brady had any injury in the first half of the season.
-
Jimmy G will bust. How do I know? Belichik doesn't ever get the red butt when he makes a trade. He sold snake oil to a jackoff team in a jackoff city.
I am more interested in enough Kizer to Coleman,,,, Kizer to Gordon TDs for the Browns to say nyet to a QB in the 2018 draft. THAT is what I have on my Christmas list.
Well, there's only one thing that makes me think that Bellichick doesn't think that Jimmy G will be a bust, and it is that he did the same deal the Browns offered 6 months later when everything could have gone way worse and he could have lost him in free agency at the end of the year. Normally he doesn't keep the players like that, unless he wanted to have some kind of insurance if Brady had any injury in the first half of the season.
Well, there's only one thing that makes me think that Bellichick doesn't think that Jimmy G will be a bust, and it is that he did the same deal the Browns offered 6 months later when everything could have gone way worse and he could have lost him in free agency at the end of the year. Normally he doesn't keep the players like that, unless he wanted to have some kind of insurance if Brady had any injury in the first half of the season.
Agreed
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login