"With the First Pick of the 2018 Draft, the Browns Select..."
-
I think a top wr draft pick will help a lot more than a free agent wr. Think we can get a cb via FA and then just draft best player available
-
Yeah, I'm slowly but surely getting back on the Sam Darnold train.
All we need is for him to enter the Draft.
-
My buddy who's a ucla guy says Darnold sucks (go figure) and that ucla sucks so bad it's hard to know with rosen. If he had decent guys around him, he'd have some really killer stats compared to now
The little I saw of Darnold (I've got today's game taping for a better look) he's light years ahead of where Kizer was @ Notre Dame.
We have to pull the trigger this year on a qb in the first round and a wr.
QB si, WR? Depends if Gordon hasn't been suspended yet by April. Almost want a CB with that second first rounder.
I like Calvin Ridley , Bama
So do I.
And Look at CBS Top Ten.....see who is at #1 overall:
2018 TOP NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS RK PLAYER POS POS RK SCHOOL CLASS HT WT 1 Mason Rudolph QB 2 Oklahoma State Sr 6-5 230 2 Minkah Fitzpatrick FS 1 Alabama Jr 6-1 201 3 Saquon Barkley RB 2 Penn State Jr 5-11 223 4 Quenton Nelson OG 1 Notre Dame Sr 6-5 329 5 Derwin James SS 1 Florida State Soph 6-3 211 6 James Washington WR 2 Oklahoma State Sr 6-0 205 7 Bradley Chubb DE 3 NC State Sr 6-4 275 8 Orlando Brown OT 5 Oklahoma Jr 6-8 360 9 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo DE 0 Oklahoma Sr 6-1 242 10 Mike McGlinchey OT 1 Notre Dame Sr 6-8 312 11 Courtland Sutton WR 0 Southern Methodist Soph 6-4 215 12 Bryce Love RB 0 Stanford Jr 5-10 191 Har, no other QB prospect in the top 10? Really? Cal will be so upset Allen isn't there...
Of course I don't like this listing either. To paraphrase a famous line from the Wizard of Oz, I do believe in the Heisman jinx, I do believe in the Heisman jinx.... http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php
And having a guard #1 prospect? nuts, but Rudolph is nowhere to be seen.. https://www.si.com/2018-nfl-draft-big-board-rankings-top-players
Cal will be so upset Allen isn't there...
LOL. Not at all ! There are plenty of disagreements about Allen. I look at stats as more of a tie-breaker, not a given set
of standards that qbs have to meet. Darnold is a player, but his fumbles drop him on my good qb list. That that mean he
doesn't sense pressure? That he is so dumb he can't learn to hold onto the ball in traffic? Small hands? Doesn't take to coaching...
or means not much really? It's hard to use the "doesn't have a solid cast around him so..." excuse for that....I just don't know.
-
I find it interesting that CBS has the WR Washington rated as the best in class, but walterfootball has him rated 16th best and 3rd round at best. Major discrepancy there.
-
I'll be tuned in Ag. & besides if you're scouting- Saturday 4PM EST FOX USC- Colorado (Darnold). 8PM EST FOX Oklahoma- TCU (Mayfield). Next Saturday you get a double whammy- USC- UCLA Darnold vs Rosen. Break out the Doritos and beer.
Since I think those two are the best on the field, I'll record that USC-UCLA game.
Since I think those two are the best on the field, I'll record that USC-UCLA game.
Welcome to the dark side! Once you go Pac 12, you'll never go back .
-
-
Since I think those two are the best on the field, I'll record that USC-UCLA game.
Welcome to the dark side! Once you go Pac 12, you'll never go back .
Welcome to the dark side! Once you go Pac 12, you'll never go back .
Nah-I called Dak from NFL, Jr. (SEC).
BTW-A&M RS Fr. Starkel had over 400 yd. passing and 4 TDs 21of 30 against N.M. in one half. Far cry better than that QB from Wyoming against the same team. Passes were on the money even when dropped. Two intentionally thrown away. J. Allen is a joke. He needs to really show against a weak AF defense tonight.
-
the bs mountain gets higher and higher. You can't draft freshmen, Ag. Allen btw, did get hurt - that happens when
the oline is not competitive, and wr's aren't the best. Wyoming already had a three TD lead.
-
the bs mountain gets higher and higher. You can't draft freshmen, Ag. Allen btw, did get hurt - that happens when
the oline is not competitive, and wr's aren't the best. Wyoming already had a three TD lead.
the bs mountain gets higher and higher. You can't draft freshmen, Ag. Allen btw, did get hurt - that happens when
the oline is not competitive, and wr's aren't the best. Wyoming already had a three TD lead.
I was just fooling around with the RS freshman, though he did demonstrate superior progressions and an accurate arm with the ability to get it downfield. Maybe 2019 when he becomes eligible. BTW he is the one that got us the huge lead against UCLA before breaking an ankle at the end of the 1st half. The true freshman just could not move the team and disaster ensued.
I did see the injury to Allen on the double pass play in the 1st half and wondered why his coach didn't catch it right away. Shoulder separation maybe?
-
Allen showed serious toughness, but you are correct - he wasn't moving his arm, yet stayed in the game. He loves the game alright - but I thought when he took that big hit, and wasn't moving his arm, the coach would bring him to the sidelines. Allen covered it up the best he could, but after one more pass that went feebly to the ground, it was over. One of his faults is trying to make every single pass play a great play.
But comparing stats is bullhockey. Starkel may very well be a star prospect later. But he has Christian Kirk, who I think will be the new Antonio Brown, something like him anyways. Kirk will surely go in the first round of the draft. Allen doesn't have anyone like that, not even close. He also has Keith Ford - Allen doesn't have that either.
The last 3-4? years, Tex AM has had three offensive linemen selected in the first round of the NFL draft. Right now, though, I can't say they have a solid oline, but Kirk helps with that. I just don't get comparing offensive stats and using that as a solid indicator of the quality of the qb.
Therefore, Starkel has a dynamic, outstanding wr to throw to. Allen - doesn't have that.
As an aside, Ridley, for Alabama...had 5 receptions for a freaking 171 yards. I like Ridley and Kirk as a second pick overall
for the Browns. They are both what the Browns don't have at all. and need, desperately.
and speaking of qb's, First Look has some interesting perspectives on some players:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000814722/article/first-look-scouting-wyoming-qb-josh-allen
-
-
-
That would be a gutsy move. Taking a QB in the first round seals the fate of the front office either way.
Just steer clear of taking one #22 overall.
-
That would be a gutsy move. Taking a QB in the first round seals the fate of the front office either way.
So would passing over another QB who was worth the pick.
Saw real hope for Kizer today. Still some time left in the season to verify.
I can still see spending a high pick, acquiring a vet via trade or FA , e.g. Alex Smith, and keeping Kizer.
-
That would be a gutsy move. Taking a QB in the first round seals the fate of the front office either way.
So would passing over another QB who was worth the pick.
Saw real hope for Kizer today. Still some time left in the season to verify.
I can still see spending a high pick, acquiring a vet via trade or FA , e.g. Alex Smith, and keeping Kizer.
So would passing over another QB who was worth the pick.
Saw real hope for Kizer today. Still some time left in the season to verify.
I can still see spending a high pick, acquiring a vet via trade or FA , e.g. Alex Smith, and keeping Kizer.
They've been able to pass on talented players with zero consequences thus far.
-
So would passing over another QB who was worth the pick.
Saw real hope for Kizer today. Still some time left in the season to verify.
I can still see spending a high pick, acquiring a vet via trade or FA , e.g. Alex Smith, and keeping Kizer.
They've been able to pass on talented players with zero consequences thus far.
They've been able to pass on talented players with zero consequences thus far.
One, you don't know that. There has been turnover in the scouting department.
But assuming you are correct, patience and the simple fact that no FO is perfect only buys so much time.
-
Every year the pundits say that the upcoming draft doesn't have the talent that previous drafts had. Mark Miller from BR claims this draft is the 2nd worse in the last 10 years, ahead of only the 2013 draft. Personally, I'm not impressed with Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield. I haven't seen enough of Josh Allen to have an opinion.
Despite a perceived lack of quality at the QB position, the likelihood is that - because of need - as many as six QBs get taken in the first round. If that is indeed the case and the Browns are drafting 1st and 7th (Houston's pick) I'd be fine with taking Derwin James, Safety out of FSU and arguably the best player in the draft, and then taking a QB with the 7th pick. If the Browns have a definite favorite at QB, trade up to take him 2nd or 3rd.
This doesn't guarantee that the QB position would be solved for the Browns, but it would probably guarantee that the Browns' defense has its safeties for the next five years.
-
They've been able to pass on talented players with zero consequences thus far.
One, you don't know that. There has been turnover in the scouting department.
But assuming you are correct, patience and the simple fact that no FO is perfect only buys so much time.
-
I know they could've drafted Mack, Bosa, Wentz or Watson and chose not to.
Mack is not in the Sashi time frame.... so there's that. But for the record, I wanted him, too... badly. I could not believe he fell to us.
As for Bosa, Wentz and Watson.... I had questions about all them, so I guess I am fired as well. However, there was no consensus on here for any of them prior to their Drafts. It has only formed in hindsight.
-
I know they could've drafted Mack, Bosa, Wentz or Watson and chose not to.
Mack is not in the Sashi time frame.... so there's that. But for the record, I wanted him, too... badly. I could not believe he fell to us.
As for Bosa, Wentz and Watson.... I had questions about all them, so I guess I am fired as well. However, there was no consensus on here for any of them prior to their Drafts. It has only formed in hindsight.
Mack is not in the Sashi time frame.... so there's that. But for the record, I wanted him, too... badly. I could not believe he fell to us.
As for Bosa, Wentz and Watson.... I had questions about all them, so I guess I am fired as well. However, there was no consensus on here for any of them prior to their Drafts. It has only formed in hindsight.
My bad on Mack.
Unfortunately for as much tape as you watch you shouldn't be as qualified to make draft decisions as the front office of an NFL team. The front office is evaluated on players they select and players they don't. There is a huge difference between the Browns passing on Dak & Wilson and allowing Philly to move up to take Wentz or Houston to move up and take Watson.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login