Skip to content

AJ McCarron

The Browns Board
295 51 10.2k
  • As far as I’m concerned Sashi Brown is a hero for jumping on that freaking hand grenade

    @londonbrown said:

    As far as I’m concerned Sashi Brown is a hero for jumping on that freaking hand grenade

    And he's a ZERO for throwing that hand grenade called Kenny Britt on the roster.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Reading through this thread is pretty funny in retrospect. Man, some of you guys love to believe pretty outlandish statements at face value.

    You should visit the political board. The Russians run it now.🙄😄

    @texasag1969 said:

    You should visit the political board. The Liberals are still trying to run it now.🙄😄

    FIFY

  • It’s from Mary Kay Cabot on twitter 

    @londonbrown said:

    It’s from Mary Kay Cabot on twitter 

    She back tracked, shocker.

  • The Browns go full Browns

    The Browns are often looked at quizzically by their peers and they've earned their laughingstock status over time. But the inability to execute a simple trade for a backup quarterback in what other front offices see as a desperate, panic move, may be a new low for them. People are flabbergasted, equally, not only about the inability to turn in signed trade papers in time to consummate an AJ McCarron swap, but also the bizarre willingness to now give up likely the top pick in the second and third round for this particular quarterback.

    "It doesn't make any sense," said one established AFC executive. "Total panic move to try to save some jobs by winning a game or two, I guess, but they couldn't even get that right."

    There are no shortage of conspiracy theories making the rounds as well as to whether GM Sashi Brown really wanted to get coach Hue Jackson's former protégé to Cleveland. What a mess. If anyone on that front office or coaching staff survives this debacle it will come as the biggest shocker ever with the Browns. It's hard to be this bad this long in this league. And I wouldn't completely absolve the Bengals, either.

    "If someone is giving me a two-and-a-three for McCarron, I'm calling (NFL transaction guru) Ken Fiore and keeping him on the line until I know everything is signed and filed with the league," said one executive who has been quite active with trades in the past. "I'm making sure we have a deal."

  • And this is why the steelers remain atop the north. The incompetence in at least two of their div rivals is awe inspiring

  • Just for the record I don't think I remember anybody on this board demanding that AJ McCarron was the key piece of the puzzle up until we read the story that the trade for him didn't come through.

    WSS

  • Im just glad they botched it!!!!  

  • Id give that 3rd for mccarron but a 2nd and a 3rd when garrapolo went for just a 2nd? And marcell dareus just got traded to the jags for a 6th......i mean wtf sashi?

  • As far as I’m concerned Sashi Brown is a hero for jumping on that freaking hand grenade

    @londonbrown said:

    As far as I’m concerned Sashi Brown is a hero for jumping on that freaking hand grenade

    Sashi's made some good moves, also some very bad ones. Hue lost his QB guru status a long time ago London. Whoever the Browns choose as their QBOTF in 2018 (take that one to the bank) I DO NOT want Jackson involved in any way in the process, that's assuming he's still even the Browns coach at the time. Right now it's not looking good for Hueless the Clueless. RG III, Kessler, Kizer. 

    I will buy the notion this was a desperation move by (whoever- really don't care anymore who came up with the idea) to try and win a game. That was a MHO foolish attempt at WAY overpaying for McCarron, if Garropolo was only worth a second. You can say we don't know about Jimmy because he's been backing up one of the all-time greats, but AJ can't beat out Andy? I think someone pointed out if McCarron couldn't do that- he's not a true franchise QB- but apparently Hue's deluded himself into thinking that somehow he is. Just like when he saw Griffin's workout and felt the earth move. Sheeze, excuse me while I barf. The Clown Show is getting truly sickening. 

  • Someone is going to have to take the fall for this no doubt. I really am trying to be optimistic and firmly believe we shouldn't blow the whole thing up but damn something has to give. If I'm jimmy I demote Sashi and De, bring in Peyton, and give Hue the ultimatum to hire a OC or fire his butt. Also wtf were they trying to trade for AJ McCarron. Dude straight sucks and can beat out mediocre Andy Dalton and for a 2nd and 3rd. Good God are they stupid. They could have had Cousin and Jummy G for a single 2nd. Once again they embarrassed us in front of the nation and now ESPN and FS1 are calling them out.

  • Just for the record I don't think I remember anybody on this board demanding that AJ McCarron was the key piece of the puzzle up until we read the story that the trade for him didn't come through.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Just for the record I don't think I remember anybody on this board demanding that AJ McCarron was the key piece of the puzzle up until we read the story that the trade for him didn't come through.

    WSS

    I don't want him. At all. I think the story just points our how desperate we are, and perhaps how amateur we are.

    Zombo

  • This is a case where it's better to be lucky than good.

    I think the trade was toast before it started because the process began way too late.  Getting all angry about it ASSUMES that the trade would have been possible to complete.. and I don't believe that was ever the reality.

  • Well, from the information I've gathered, the Browns and Bengals both messed up. Both teams have to submit the trade before the deadline, not just one, and it's not only on the blame of the Browns, but both parties. Mary Kay Cabot is a horrible source for info on the subject.

  • Well, from the information I've gathered, the Browns and Bengals both messed up. Both teams have to submit the trade before the deadline, not just one, and it's not only on the blame of the Browns, but both parties. Mary Kay Cabot is a horrible source for info on the subject.

    @stillmotion said:

    Browns and Bengals both messed up

    Yes, they did.. and they've both completed many trades.  Do you actually think there was something magical about this one? 

    Or.... perhaps all the T-crossing and I-dotting of the "NFL Trade Process" simply at present requires time for each step that wasn't available.

    Until they change the process there is a time after which no trade can complete......... which is before the "trade deadline".............. because that's the minimum time required for the paperwork to get done even if both parties are sitting at the fax machine / scanner and ready to do all the signing and emailing back.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Just for the record I don't think I remember anybody on this board demanding that AJ McCarron was the key piece of the puzzle up until we read the story that the trade for him didn't come through.

    WSS

    I don't want him. At all. I think the story just points our how desperate we are, and perhaps how amateur we are.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I don't want him. At all. I think the story just points our how desperate we are, and perhaps how amateur we are.

    Zombo

    It's sad, Z- it really is. I understand being patient, but could we see maybe a shred of something that would give you confidence we could just maybe win a game this year? Year two of a rebuild should have us at better than 0-8 looking at 0-16.  

  • @stillmotion said:

    Browns and Bengals both messed up

    Yes, they did.. and they've both completed many trades.  Do you actually think there was something magical about this one? 

    Or.... perhaps all the T-crossing and I-dotting of the "NFL Trade Process" simply at present requires time for each step that wasn't available.

    Until they change the process there is a time after which no trade can complete......... which is before the "trade deadline".............. because that's the minimum time required for the paperwork to get done even if both parties are sitting at the fax machine / scanner and ready to do all the signing and emailing back.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Yes, they did.. and they've both completed many trades.  Do you actually think there was something magical about this one? 

    Or.... perhaps all the T-crossing and I-dotting of the "NFL Trade Process" simply at present requires time for each step that wasn't available.

    Until they change the process there is a time after which no trade can complete......... which is before the "trade deadline".............. because that's the minimum time required for the paperwork to get done even if both parties are sitting at the fax machine / scanner and ready to do all the signing and emailing back.

    If sashi really did leave early, and didn't care about the trade then he's obviously sending a message to hue. follow the process and don't try to win or get your own QB or else i'll burn you.

    Sashi definitely isn't stupid, and he didn't want the trade, so if this Sheet is true either the coaches or FO will for sure get fired.

  • Zombo said:

    I don't want him. At all. I think the story just points our how desperate we are, and perhaps how amateur we are.

    Zombo

    It's sad, Z- it really is. I understand being patient, but could we see maybe a shred of something that would give you confidence we could just maybe win a game this year? Year two of a rebuild should have us at better than 0-8 looking at 0-16.  

    @hoorta said:

    It's sad, Z- it really is. I understand being patient, but could we see maybe a shred of something that would give you confidence we could just maybe win a game this year?  

    F.O. doesn't want to win this year. They want the #1 pick. It's obvious. Why else would we have no QB on the roster who won a game. Sure our line has improved, but they're waiting for the magic #1 pick next year, which i hope we hit on.

  • - From Reddit

    Hue negotiated this deal and got Jimmy to back him. We've seen this reported in a couple of places. The front office was against the trade and messed up sending it to the league office. Or did they?

    We've become a reality show.

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2017/11/1/16591610/trying-to-make-sense-of-the-browns-trade-deadline-disaster

  • Hue should just go full on rogue.... Speak his mind at his press conferences and if a question leads to one or more of the Brain Trust Jackoffs in the FO needing to get thrown under the bus for one of their brilliant personnel decisions , phucking do it. 

    God I hate these phukers. 

  • Albert Breer from MMQB was on the local sports radio show on the commute home today.

    According to him, the Bengals and the Browns struck a deal early yesterday afternoon.

    The Browns subsequently backed out of said deal, then came full circle and wanted to do the deal.

    The clock ran out on the deal, and the rest is history.