Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Our first preseason game and a birthday to celebrate Thursday.  Good occasion for some steamed crab legs, drawn butter, oysters on the half shell and some good hard French bread. 

     Go Browns

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    new simple recipe ! We made it just this week !

    chicken breasts - cooked to very tender

    salt-pepper lightly

    homemade wild blackberry jam (btw, blackberries are getting ripe, I have frozen about 8 lbs so far)

    scalloped potatoes

    store bought Rhodes rolls

    iced tea with mango sweetener (that's if I'm out of root beer)

    **********************************

    or some great bbq ribs with carolina sweet bbq sauce, but that's too much work usually.

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    Ribs usually hit the spot.  Same with wings. 

    20190707_180747.jpg

    20190707_180824.jpg

  • Ribs usually hit the spot.  Same with wings. 

    20190707_180747.jpg

    20190707_180824.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    Ribs usually hit the spot.  Same with wings. 

    Some good looking man size slabs of meat there.  😛

  • new simple recipe ! We made it just this week !

    chicken breasts - cooked to very tender

    salt-pepper lightly

    homemade wild blackberry jam (btw, blackberries are getting ripe, I have frozen about 8 lbs so far)

    scalloped potatoes

    store bought Rhodes rolls

    iced tea with mango sweetener (that's if I'm out of root beer)

    **********************************

    or some great bbq ribs with carolina sweet bbq sauce, but that's too much work usually.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @calfoxwc said:

    homemade wild blackberry jam (btw, blackberries are getting ripe, I have frozen about 8 lbs so far)?

    iced tea with mango sweetener (that's if I'm out of root beer)

    squirrel and dumplings

    You're staying at my place when you finally make a Browns game Bill (tex).?

    FIFY?

  • Ribs usually hit the spot.  Same with wings. 

    20190707_180747.jpg

    20190707_180824.jpg

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    Ribs usually hit the spot.  Same with wings. 

    20190707_180747.jpg

    20190707_180824.jpg

    Ever do western style ribs like this?  I think they’re just as good but with way more meat to bone. More bang for the buck

  • @sd_tom said:

    Ribs usually hit the spot.  Same with wings. 

    20190707_180747.jpg

    20190707_180824.jpg

    Ever do western style ribs like this?  I think they’re just as good but with way more meat to bone. More bang for the buck

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Ever do western style ribs like this?  I think they’re just as good but with way more meat to bone. More bang for the buck

    Not sure what that is. These are St Louis cut.  I prefer baby backs,  but this is all they had. 

    Smoked the top one for about 5.5 hours unwrapped,  the two other slabs were 3-2-1 style. 

    If I'm going bang for buck,  pork butt wins,  but it takes forever

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Ever do western style ribs like this?  I think they’re just as good but with way more meat to bone. More bang for the buck

    Not sure what that is. These are St Louis cut.  I prefer baby backs,  but this is all they had. 

    Smoked the top one for about 5.5 hours unwrapped,  the two other slabs were 3-2-1 style. 

    If I'm going bang for buck,  pork butt wins,  but it takes forever

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    Not sure what that is. These are St Louis cut.  I prefer baby backs,  but this is all they had. 

    Smoked the top one for about 5.5 hours unwrapped,  the two other slabs were 3-2-1 style. 

    If I'm going bang for buck,  pork butt wins,  but it takes forever

    They’re cut from the ends. Meatier and more akin to chops. I’ll cook them the same as spare or baby back. A little bit longer but great to eat as is or doing pulled pork. Wanna roll some eyes? Pulled pork on a bagel

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think a trip to Royal Oaks is happening this Saturday or next, speaking of ribs... 

    If you guys and gals out there aren't afraid of dive bars and Youngstown, Ohio (it's not really that scary. 🤔) .......and want some good barbeque and cold beer try the Oaks the ROYAL OAKS. I remember it as a dive bar and bookie hangout when I was going to YSU....but that's just me.  😆

    o-2.jpg

    o.jpg

    o-1.jpg

    o-3.jpg

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Ever do western style ribs like this?  I think they’re just as good but with way more meat to bone. More bang for the buck

    Not sure what that is. These are St Louis cut.  I prefer baby backs,  but this is all they had. 

    Smoked the top one for about 5.5 hours unwrapped,  the two other slabs were 3-2-1 style. 

    If I'm going bang for buck,  pork butt wins,  but it takes forever

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    Not sure what that is. These are St Louis cut.  I prefer baby backs,  but this is all they had. 

    Smoked the top one for about 5.5 hours unwrapped,  the two other slabs were 3-2-1 style. 

    If I'm going bang for buck,  pork butt wins,  but it takes forever

    What temp?

  • @sd_tom said:

    Not sure what that is. These are St Louis cut.  I prefer baby backs,  but this is all they had. 

    Smoked the top one for about 5.5 hours unwrapped,  the two other slabs were 3-2-1 style. 

    If I'm going bang for buck,  pork butt wins,  but it takes forever

    What temp?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    What temp?

    I cook em the same as slab ribs but a couple hours longer. My temp varies according to my charcoal. I just sauce em up and use lots of applewood and let em smoke about 8 - 10 hours

  • @sd_tom said:

    Not sure what that is. These are St Louis cut.  I prefer baby backs,  but this is all they had. 

    Smoked the top one for about 5.5 hours unwrapped,  the two other slabs were 3-2-1 style. 

    If I'm going bang for buck,  pork butt wins,  but it takes forever

    What temp?

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    What temp?

    I don't know for sure,  but hopefully it was around 250-275

    No temp gauge 

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    For the dolts preseason game, we’re gonna go down to the Briar Hill Italian Fest and see what looks good. Gip might call it putrid but the reality is...... Some of the best Italian grub you can get anywhere.....World Class Cuisine 

    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli...lol

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    I don't eat ribs that are all slathered up with sauce.  I like a Memphis Dry.  Maybe take a squeeze bottle and put a little sauce on the outer edge.

    My attitude is if you have to put sauce on them to make them good, you didn't make them right in the first place.

  • I don't eat ribs that are all slathered up with sauce.  I like a Memphis Dry.  Maybe take a squeeze bottle and put a little sauce on the outer edge.

    My attitude is if you have to put sauce on them to make them good, you didn't make them right in the first place.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't eat ribs that are all slathered up with sauce.  I like a Memphis Dry.  Maybe take a squeeze bottle and put a little sauce on the outer edge.

    My attitude is if you have to put sauce on them to make them good, you didn't make them right in the first place.

    Ah, a rib snob I see. ??

  • For the dolts preseason game, we’re gonna go down to the Briar Hill Italian Fest and see what looks good. Gip might call it putrid but the reality is...... Some of the best Italian grub you can get anywhere.....World Class Cuisine 

    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli...lol

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    For the dolts preseason game, we’re gonna go down to the Briar Hill Italian Fest and see what looks good. Gip might call it putrid but the reality is...... Some of the best Italian grub you can get anywhere.....World Class Cuisine 

    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli...lol

    Not me I love Italian food. 

  • I don't eat ribs that are all slathered up with sauce.  I like a Memphis Dry.  Maybe take a squeeze bottle and put a little sauce on the outer edge.

    My attitude is if you have to put sauce on them to make them good, you didn't make them right in the first place.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't eat ribs that are all slathered up with sauce.  I like a Memphis Dry.  Maybe take a squeeze bottle and put a little sauce on the outer edge.

    My attitude is if you have to put sauce on them to make them good, you didn't make them right in the first place.

    I have to admit I agree. Virtually everything I smoke I do not sauce. I serve sauce on the side for those who want it. If more than a few people need to bury it in sauce I figure I have failed on that cook 🙂 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    For today's game against Indy (3pm CDT) I'm opening a bottle of Grenacha-this  one a red wine from the Valencia area in southern Spain. Never had this before. Was a great value pick for only about $10 so I need to try it out to decide whether to get more while it's still on the shelf locally. During a game is as good a time as any.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    I ordered a little smoker from eBay.  

     And this is what arrived.  Oops

    650CF60E-C4AE-47F5-857A-38AAAA2158C3.jpeg

  • I ordered a little smoker from eBay.  

     And this is what arrived.  Oops

    650CF60E-C4AE-47F5-857A-38AAAA2158C3.jpeg

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I ordered a little smoker from eBay.  

     And this is what arrived.  Oops

    650CF60E-C4AE-47F5-857A-38AAAA2158C3.jpeg

    Buy that from the Epstein estate???