Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.5k 2
  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    If you’ve never tried making your own beer, you should. It’s pretty easy and the results are well worth the trouble. You can custom make a brew for your taste buds alone. 

    I like the Porter styles and not so much the IPAs. It’s all good tho

    My son in law has done that, but he's a huge IPA fan. Give me a good European beer any day. My favorite beers are the Belgian Trappist Rochefort 10 & England's Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. That Rochefort 10 costs about $7/ 11oz. bottle so it's almost cheaper to move to there. But it's God's beer since the water comes from a well inside the monastery walls. Tastes like it too.?⛲?

    EDIT: When I was in a bar/restaurant in Bruges I asked the waiter to bring me a glass of the very best Belgian beer he had on tap. That Rocefort 10 even had it's own special glass he served it in. Since then I have found many a website that rates it one the very best beers in the world.

    EDIT #2:  Ye ole blind taste test of 3 top Belgian beers. 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    My son in law has done that, but he's a huge IPA fan. Give me a good European beer any day. My favorite beers are the Belgian Trappist Rochefort 10 & England's Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. That Rochefort 10 costs about $7/ 11oz. bottle so it's almost cheaper to move to there. But it's God's beer since the water comes from a well inside the monastery walls. Tastes like it too.?⛲?

    EDIT: When I was in a bar/restaurant in Bruges I asked the waiter to bring me a glass of the very best Belgian beer he had on tap. That Rocefort 10 even had it's own special glass he served it in. Since then I have found many a website that rates it one the very best beers in the world.

    EDIT #2:  Ye ole blind taste test of 3 top Belgian beers. 

    I never had IPA until I made a batch and thought I ducked it up and made barley vinegar. A friend of mine thought it was great tho. That’s when I discovered that I don’t care much for IPAs. Try a barley wine for something different. It’s a beer that runs 12 -15 percent alcohol. El Diablo

  • @texasag1969 said:

    My son in law has done that, but he's a huge IPA fan. Give me a good European beer any day. My favorite beers are the Belgian Trappist Rochefort 10 & England's Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. That Rochefort 10 costs about $7/ 11oz. bottle so it's almost cheaper to move to there. But it's God's beer since the water comes from a well inside the monastery walls. Tastes like it too.?⛲?

    EDIT: When I was in a bar/restaurant in Bruges I asked the waiter to bring me a glass of the very best Belgian beer he had on tap. That Rocefort 10 even had it's own special glass he served it in. Since then I have found many a website that rates it one the very best beers in the world.

    EDIT #2:  Ye ole blind taste test of 3 top Belgian beers. 

    I never had IPA until I made a batch and thought I ducked it up and made barley vinegar. A friend of mine thought it was great tho. That’s when I discovered that I don’t care much for IPAs. Try a barley wine for something different. It’s a beer that runs 12 -15 percent alcohol. El Diablo

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I never had IPA until I made a batch and thought I ducked it up and made barley vinegar. A friend of mine thought it was great tho. That’s when I discovered that I don’t care much for IPAs. Try a barley wine for something different. It’s a beer that runs 12 -15 percent alcohol. El Diablo

    Give me a Natty light anyday.  That and some Freedom fries and I'm good to go.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I never had IPA until I made a batch and thought I ducked it up and made barley vinegar. A friend of mine thought it was great tho. That’s when I discovered that I don’t care much for IPAs. Try a barley wine for something different. It’s a beer that runs 12 -15 percent alcohol. El Diablo

    Give me a Natty light anyday.  That and some Freedom fries and I'm good to go.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Give me a Natty light anyday.  That and some Freedom fries and I'm good to go.

    Gotta throw in a chili dog or a sloppy joe to make it a meal

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    Picked this up yesterday 

    ?

    20190825_135557.jpg

  • Picked this up yesterday 

    ?

    20190825_135557.jpg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    Picked this up yesterday 

    ?

    Ah yes marketing at work. A brewski while grilling some GAMEDAY food.

    Is this a great country or what !!! 😆

  • Picked this up yesterday 

    ?

    20190825_135557.jpg

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    Picked this up yesterday 

    ?

    20190825_135557.jpg

    As I was leaving Giant Eagle last Friday, I saw it. Would have picked 6 up, but after buying Old Leghumper, Commodore Perry, Labatt Blue, & Busch, I was out of Mancave 'fridge room.

    I'll get 6 or 12 this weekend.

    Mike

  • @sd_tom said:

    Picked this up yesterday 

    ?

    20190825_135557.jpg

    As I was leaving Giant Eagle last Friday, I saw it. Would have picked 6 up, but after buying Old Leghumper, Commodore Perry, Labatt Blue, & Busch, I was out of Mancave 'fridge room.

    I'll get 6 or 12 this weekend.

    Mike

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @canton-mike said:

    As I was leaving Giant Eagle last Friday, I saw it. Would have picked 6 up, but after buying Old Leghumper, Commodore Perry, Labatt Blue, & Busch, I was out of Mancave 'fridge room.

    I'll get 6 or 12 this weekend.

    Mike

    NO ROOTBEER ??? tenor.gif

  • @canton-mike said:

    As I was leaving Giant Eagle last Friday, I saw it. Would have picked 6 up, but after buying Old Leghumper, Commodore Perry, Labatt Blue, & Busch, I was out of Mancave 'fridge room.

    I'll get 6 or 12 this weekend.

    Mike

    NO ROOTBEER ??? tenor.gif

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    NO ROOTBEER ??? tenor.gif

    Only if you or he Grandkids are here!

    Mike

  • @canton-mike said:

    As I was leaving Giant Eagle last Friday, I saw it. Would have picked 6 up, but after buying Old Leghumper, Commodore Perry, Labatt Blue, & Busch, I was out of Mancave 'fridge room.

    I'll get 6 or 12 this weekend.

    Mike

    NO ROOTBEER ??? tenor.gif

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    NO ROOTBEER ??? tenor.gif

    Some how I have this vision of you digging around in your garden for roots to boil and then can the liquids in mason jars to put in the fridge for upcoming games.??

    Stir in a little blackberry jam and there you go!!?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    NO ROOTBEER ??? tenor.gif

    Some how I have this vision of you digging around in your garden for roots to boil and then can the liquids in mason jars to put in the fridge for upcoming games.??

    Stir in a little blackberry jam and there you go!!?

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Some how I have this vision of you digging around in your garden for roots to boil and then can the liquids in mason jars to put in the fridge for upcoming games.??

    Stir in a little blackberry jam and there you go!!?

    actually, I do plan on making some hiking staffs - but I'll have to cut a few young sassafras saplings, there's a bunch of them,  to also have sassafras tea. and on the way out back to the woods, there is plenty of chicory, which I can roast the roots of, and make coffee.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Some how I have this vision of you digging around in your garden for roots to boil and then can the liquids in mason jars to put in the fridge for upcoming games.??

    Stir in a little blackberry jam and there you go!!?

    actually, I do plan on making some hiking staffs - but I'll have to cut a few young sassafras saplings, there's a bunch of them,  to also have sassafras tea. and on the way out back to the woods, there is plenty of chicory, which I can roast the roots of, and make coffee.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    actually, I do plan on making some hiking staffs - but I'll have to cut a few young sassafras saplings, there's a bunch of them,  to also have sassafras tea. and on the way out back to the woods, there is plenty of chicory, which I can roast the roots of, and make coffee.

    What is "chicory" and why is it associated with coffee?

    My wife will sometimes say when we go out for breakfast at some place new that  "this coffee has chicory in it".   And I have to tell her,  "no, that is just bad coffee that was probably made hours ago and which has been sitting around and getting burnt".  Its not chicory.   Does any brand name coffee that you are aware of add chicory to their coffee?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    actually, I do plan on making some hiking staffs - but I'll have to cut a few young sassafras saplings, there's a bunch of them,  to also have sassafras tea. and on the way out back to the woods, there is plenty of chicory, which I can roast the roots of, and make coffee.

    What is "chicory" and why is it associated with coffee?

    My wife will sometimes say when we go out for breakfast at some place new that  "this coffee has chicory in it".   And I have to tell her,  "no, that is just bad coffee that was probably made hours ago and which has been sitting around and getting burnt".  Its not chicory.   Does any brand name coffee that you are aware of add chicory to their coffee?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @the-gipper said:

    What is "chicory" and why is it associated with coffee?

    My wife will sometimes say when we go out for breakfast at some place new that  "this coffee has chicory in it".   And I have to tell her,  "no, that is just bad coffee that was probably made hours ago and which has been sitting around and getting burnt".  Its not chicory.   Does any brand name coffee that you are aware of add chicory to their coffee?

    It's an old style bean with a harsh taste.......edit, my mistake it's not a bean but a root, but she knew that😊

    My wife (my expert) says the settlers used to use it way back when....she doesn't like it.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Chicory comes from the dried and roasted root of the Chicory Flower (Cichorium intybus). Throughout history, Chicory has been used as a substitute for coffee in times when coffee was in short supply, and very expensive. Caffeine free with a more "roasted" flavor than regular coffee, it is also more soluble in water, which means you use a lot less of it when brewing. It has a very distinct flavor, and can be an acquired taste for the uninitiated. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
  • @calfoxwc said:

    actually, I do plan on making some hiking staffs - but I'll have to cut a few young sassafras saplings, there's a bunch of them,  to also have sassafras tea. and on the way out back to the woods, there is plenty of chicory, which I can roast the roots of, and make coffee.

    What is "chicory" and why is it associated with coffee?

    My wife will sometimes say when we go out for breakfast at some place new that  "this coffee has chicory in it".   And I have to tell her,  "no, that is just bad coffee that was probably made hours ago and which has been sitting around and getting burnt".  Its not chicory.   Does any brand name coffee that you are aware of add chicory to their coffee?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @the-gipper said:

    What is "chicory" and why is it associated with coffee?

    My wife will sometimes say when we go out for breakfast at some place new that  "this coffee has chicory in it".   And I have to tell her,  "no, that is just bad coffee that was probably made hours ago and which has been sitting around and getting burnt".  Its not chicory.   Does any brand name coffee that you are aware of add chicory to their coffee?

    You're Cajun education is lacking. Have a cafe au lait in New Orleans with a beignet. 

    http://www.cafedumonde.com/coffee

    And this is the coffee with chicory.

     
     
    •  
    • 51elbGOIgxL._SS40_.jpg
    •  
    • 51qY-%2BoPsFL._SS40_.jpg
    •  
    • 41%2BEGiEiOhL._SS40_.jpg
     
     
    • image.jpeg.762f4d9df3cbd024ac39fdfeb9e797ba.jpeg
  • @the-gipper said:

    What is "chicory" and why is it associated with coffee?

    My wife will sometimes say when we go out for breakfast at some place new that  "this coffee has chicory in it".   And I have to tell her,  "no, that is just bad coffee that was probably made hours ago and which has been sitting around and getting burnt".  Its not chicory.   Does any brand name coffee that you are aware of add chicory to their coffee?

    You're Cajun education is lacking. Have a cafe au lait in New Orleans with a beignet. 

    http://www.cafedumonde.com/coffee

    And this is the coffee with chicory.

     
     
    •  
    • 51elbGOIgxL._SS40_.jpg
    •  
    • 51qY-%2BoPsFL._SS40_.jpg
    •  
    • 41%2BEGiEiOhL._SS40_.jpg
     
     
    • image.jpeg.762f4d9df3cbd024ac39fdfeb9e797ba.jpeg
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    You're Cajun education is lacking. Have a cafe au lait in New Orleans with a beignet. 

    http://www.cafedumonde.com/coffee

    And this is the coffee with chicory.

     
     
    •  
    • 51elbGOIgxL._SS40_.jpg
    •  
    • 51qY-%2BoPsFL._SS40_.jpg
    •  
    • 41%2BEGiEiOhL._SS40_.jpg
     
     
    •  

    I am had been there and done that

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Thursday afternoon's lunch special while watching the INDIANS will be my wife's oven roasted turkey thighs......ummmmm, one of my favorites.  😁

    She goes to our local Giant Eagle and gets several big thick meaty turkey thighs and adds her special home grown herbs and other spices and in the oven they go.

    It's delicious and fairly economical, recipe upon request if anyone is interested.

    ........edit add, oh and probably a potato side dish, she chops up potatoes and onions and adds some Italian spices or an Italian salad dressing and puts them in the microwave while the main dish is cooking, also delicious!!

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Thursday afternoon's lunch special while watching the INDIANS will be my wife's oven roasted turkey thighs......ummmmm, one of my favorites.

    You should not talk about your wife's Physiognomy that way.

  • Thursday afternoon's lunch special while watching the INDIANS will be my wife's oven roasted turkey thighs......ummmmm, one of my favorites.  😁

    She goes to our local Giant Eagle and gets several big thick meaty turkey thighs and adds her special home grown herbs and other spices and in the oven they go.

    It's delicious and fairly economical, recipe upon request if anyone is interested.

    ........edit add, oh and probably a potato side dish, she chops up potatoes and onions and adds some Italian spices or an Italian salad dressing and puts them in the microwave while the main dish is cooking, also delicious!!

    medicinemanM medicineman wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Thursday afternoon's lunch special while watching the INDIANS will be my wife's oven roasted turkey thighs......ummmmm, one of my favorites.  😁

    She goes to our local Giant Eagle and gets several big thick meaty turkey thighs and adds her special home grown herbs and other spices and in the oven they go.

    It's delicious and fairly economical, recipe upon request if anyone is interested.

    ........edit add, oh and probably a potato side dish, she chops up potatoes and onions and adds some Italian spices or an Italian salad dressing and puts them in the microwave while the main dish is cooking, also delicious!!

    It does sound good for sure however I have never been a fan of any dark meat, Chicken, Turkey, Duck whatever, I only buy and eat White meat.