Skip to content

The 'who have you watched lately?' thread.

The Browns Board
254 26 9.7k
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    Another great example (or terrible depending on how you phrase it) is @ 4:20 in that same game about understanding what he see's post snap.

    Initial look you have what appears to be a 0- man pressure the whole way.   It's a nice move by the Broncos but it isn't like it's disguised so well like you can't see what is happening after the ball is in play.   In this instance, as a QB,  should this be a 6 man pressure and that both backers are coming at me, the OLB is unblocked thus is the one you're responsible for reading and throwing hot. That has to be in the back of your mind.   Oline is going to worry about bottling up the interior stuff first and making the guy farthest outside get to your QB.

    So you know have man across the board - a trend that Boise State had shown all game and you get a double move with your boundary #2 who gets matched on a safety.   This is purely by design and great work done by the coaching staff to attack man coverage.    The big responsibilities JA has here is 1 - identifying pressure...  gotta make sure you have time to push the ball vertical;  and 2 - identifying where the safety is should the backers not attack.   You cannot float this ball up without the latter most especially, you simply cannot do it. 

    The MIKE is sitting hard in the A gap so I'm really not too worried about him affecting where the vertical threat will go.  I still see man the whole way. Just need to know if he's shooting a gap.   At the snap the OLB fly's to the field side #2 and the FS covering him rotates hard to center field, the MIKE immediately backs out and plays a middle field read.    Granted seeing Boise St. defenders is a bitch on that turf - their unis and the field color are a gimmick that the NCAA simply shouldn't allow, but I digress.  To their credit it's a good design and a great bait drawn up by the Boise coaches.    But Allen's eyes again, NEVER leave his man.  They don't look for a defender, they don't even check the interior or possible edge pressure.    Cherry on top, you pump fake at your intended target and you STILL haven't checked the safety.      Even then without the safety it's a ball that never would have been completed because it sailed on him but there is that issue rearing it's head again - when JA misses, he misses high.     

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Waiting on Cal's input here...

  • Waiting on Cal's input here...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Waiting on Cal's input here...

    He is planting  tomaters....or potaters.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    He's got 500 tomato plants to get in the ground. Got to take a couple days or so. That's a lot of holes to dig.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    But will he know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall?

  • But will he know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    But will he know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall?

    Oh please don't finish that song. It'll go to his head.😉

  • But will he know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    But will he know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall?

    Maybe he is actually growing something else,  because he'd love to turn us on.

  • @tour2ma said:

    But will he know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall?

    Oh please don't finish that song. It'll go to his head.😉

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Oh please don't finish that song. It'll go to his head.😉

    Better to be in his head than go to his head:

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

    Dan Orlovsky saw the same thing I did with the Boise State play and highlights same stuff 

    edit:  Re: Allen

  • https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

    Dan Orlovsky saw the same thing I did with the Boise State play and highlights same stuff 

    edit:  Re: Allen

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

    Dan Orlovsky saw the same thing I did with the Boise State play and highlights same stuff 

    Actually helped my Darnold acceptance factor...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

    Dan Orlovsky saw the same thing I did with the Boise State play and highlights same stuff 

    Actually helped my Darnold acceptance factor...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @tour2ma said:

    Actually helped my Darnold acceptance factor...

    I'm on the fence.   If Dorsey is dead set on not taking Rosen then so be it.  After all, it's his job on the line.  

    Darnold seems like the only pick of the "top 4" I wouldn't hate being a Browns fan about.  Seems like a decent kid.  Has the physical traits, has the arm and when he feet are set, has shown some good velocity and accuracy.  Also can throw a decent ball while on the move.       Mentally?  I swear I see Grossman at times.     He'll thread the needle one play and the next stare down his primary.      As you said, he has been successful at times despite being flawed. 

    But there have been a couple flashes that at least make me pause and say "Ok, let me take another look".  Did it with Allen just to confirm what I already knew.   Did it with Mayfield and to a lesser extent Lamar for the same reasons.

    Still not opposed to the 2 QB strategy and taking Benkert later 😁

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    And now Mayfield is emerging...

    Man... I just spent yesterday getting comfortable with Darnold and was repelled by a couple recent Mayfield interviews.

    I've got to work on my timing...

  • And now Mayfield is emerging...

    Man... I just spent yesterday getting comfortable with Darnold and was repelled by a couple recent Mayfield interviews.

    I've got to work on my timing...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    And now Mayfield is emerging...

    Man... I just spent yesterday getting comfortable with Darnold and was repelled by a couple recent Mayfield interviews.

    I've got to work on my timing...

    I don't have to look off field to be repelled by Mayfield.

    He isn't Wilson and he sure as Sheet isn't Breesy.   Any of those comparisons are misleading at best.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    And now Mayfield is emerging...

    Man... I just spent yesterday getting comfortable with Darnold and was repelled by a couple recent Mayfield interviews.

    I've got to work on my timing...

    I don't have to look off field to be repelled by Mayfield.

    He isn't Wilson and he sure as Sheet isn't Breesy.   Any of those comparisons are misleading at best.  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I don't have to look off field to be repelled by Mayfield.

    He isn't Wilson and he sure as Sheet isn't Breesy.   Any of those comparisons are misleading at best.  

    Totally agree on Wilson...

    Think he can be Brees, but it'll take time and is not guaranteed.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't have to look off field to be repelled by Mayfield.

    He isn't Wilson and he sure as Sheet isn't Breesy.   Any of those comparisons are misleading at best.  

    Totally agree on Wilson...

    Think he can be Brees, but it'll take time and is not guaranteed.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Totally agree on Wilson...

    Think he can be Brees, but it'll take time and is not guaranteed.

    Agree to disagree on that.  He has done things a certain way his whole life and it has been tailored to fit the current college offense.  Changing that would take a minor miracle. 

    Oh, Paging Dr. Woody...  Mo Hurst fell where I said he would.  

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    We don't know where Mo will ultimately fall too. And we don't even know if teams are correct

  • We don't know where Mo will ultimately fall too. And we don't even know if teams are correct

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    We don't know where Mo will ultimately fall too. And we don't even know if teams are correct

    Unless the med report was waaaaaaaay Shmucked up, he's going to be picked tonight.  

  • @mld-woody said:

    We don't know where Mo will ultimately fall too. And we don't even know if teams are correct

    Unless the med report was waaaaaaaay Shmucked up, he's going to be picked tonight.  

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Unless the med report was waaaaaaaay Shmucked up, he's going to be picked tonight.  

    Well it sounds like he dropped because of medical concerns. Though multiple doctors have cleared him. I wonder if some teams got a little concerned and then that rippled through the league. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Unless the med report was waaaaaaaay Shmucked up, he's going to be picked tonight.  

    Well it sounds like he dropped because of medical concerns. Though multiple doctors have cleared him. I wonder if some teams got a little concerned and then that rippled through the league. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @mld-woody said:

    Well it sounds like he dropped because of medical concerns. Though multiple doctors have cleared him. I wonder if some teams got a little concerned and then that rippled through the league. 

    Odd...  almost like somebody here may have said something along those lines a couple weeks ago.

    _gif__no_echo_por_mi__by_ourdreamscometr

    edit:  Just busting your balls.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    Your evaluation was before the combine. Before the heart stuff came out. That's when you said early 2nd round