Skip to content

The 'who have you watched lately?' thread.

The Browns Board
254 26 9.7k
  • @tiamat63 said:

    https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/dan-orlovsky-2018-nfl-draft-class-quarterback-breakdown

    Dan Orlovsky saw the same thing I did with the Boise State play and highlights same stuff 

    Actually helped my Darnold acceptance factor...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @tour2ma said:

    Actually helped my Darnold acceptance factor...

    I'm on the fence.   If Dorsey is dead set on not taking Rosen then so be it.  After all, it's his job on the line.  

    Darnold seems like the only pick of the "top 4" I wouldn't hate being a Browns fan about.  Seems like a decent kid.  Has the physical traits, has the arm and when he feet are set, has shown some good velocity and accuracy.  Also can throw a decent ball while on the move.       Mentally?  I swear I see Grossman at times.     He'll thread the needle one play and the next stare down his primary.      As you said, he has been successful at times despite being flawed. 

    But there have been a couple flashes that at least make me pause and say "Ok, let me take another look".  Did it with Allen just to confirm what I already knew.   Did it with Mayfield and to a lesser extent Lamar for the same reasons.

    Still not opposed to the 2 QB strategy and taking Benkert later 😁

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    And now Mayfield is emerging...

    Man... I just spent yesterday getting comfortable with Darnold and was repelled by a couple recent Mayfield interviews.

    I've got to work on my timing...

  • And now Mayfield is emerging...

    Man... I just spent yesterday getting comfortable with Darnold and was repelled by a couple recent Mayfield interviews.

    I've got to work on my timing...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    And now Mayfield is emerging...

    Man... I just spent yesterday getting comfortable with Darnold and was repelled by a couple recent Mayfield interviews.

    I've got to work on my timing...

    I don't have to look off field to be repelled by Mayfield.

    He isn't Wilson and he sure as Sheet isn't Breesy.   Any of those comparisons are misleading at best.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    And now Mayfield is emerging...

    Man... I just spent yesterday getting comfortable with Darnold and was repelled by a couple recent Mayfield interviews.

    I've got to work on my timing...

    I don't have to look off field to be repelled by Mayfield.

    He isn't Wilson and he sure as Sheet isn't Breesy.   Any of those comparisons are misleading at best.  

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    I don't have to look off field to be repelled by Mayfield.

    He isn't Wilson and he sure as Sheet isn't Breesy.   Any of those comparisons are misleading at best.  

    Totally agree on Wilson...

    Think he can be Brees, but it'll take time and is not guaranteed.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't have to look off field to be repelled by Mayfield.

    He isn't Wilson and he sure as Sheet isn't Breesy.   Any of those comparisons are misleading at best.  

    Totally agree on Wilson...

    Think he can be Brees, but it'll take time and is not guaranteed.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Totally agree on Wilson...

    Think he can be Brees, but it'll take time and is not guaranteed.

    Agree to disagree on that.  He has done things a certain way his whole life and it has been tailored to fit the current college offense.  Changing that would take a minor miracle. 

    Oh, Paging Dr. Woody...  Mo Hurst fell where I said he would.  

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    We don't know where Mo will ultimately fall too. And we don't even know if teams are correct

  • We don't know where Mo will ultimately fall too. And we don't even know if teams are correct

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    We don't know where Mo will ultimately fall too. And we don't even know if teams are correct

    Unless the med report was waaaaaaaay Shmucked up, he's going to be picked tonight.  

  • @mld-woody said:

    We don't know where Mo will ultimately fall too. And we don't even know if teams are correct

    Unless the med report was waaaaaaaay Shmucked up, he's going to be picked tonight.  

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Unless the med report was waaaaaaaay Shmucked up, he's going to be picked tonight.  

    Well it sounds like he dropped because of medical concerns. Though multiple doctors have cleared him. I wonder if some teams got a little concerned and then that rippled through the league. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Unless the med report was waaaaaaaay Shmucked up, he's going to be picked tonight.  

    Well it sounds like he dropped because of medical concerns. Though multiple doctors have cleared him. I wonder if some teams got a little concerned and then that rippled through the league. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @mld-woody said:

    Well it sounds like he dropped because of medical concerns. Though multiple doctors have cleared him. I wonder if some teams got a little concerned and then that rippled through the league. 

    Odd...  almost like somebody here may have said something along those lines a couple weeks ago.

    _gif__no_echo_por_mi__by_ourdreamscometr

    edit:  Just busting your balls.

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by MLD Woody

    Your evaluation was before the combine. Before the heart stuff came out. That's when you said early 2nd round

  • Your evaluation was before the combine. Before the heart stuff came out. That's when you said early 2nd round

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    @mld-woody said:

    Your evaluation was before the combine. Before the heart stuff came out. That's when you said early 2nd round

    Late 1st.... to Tennessee tossed in the possibility of 2nd.

    However when you mentioned the heart and that he was cleared, I talked about him dropping anyway because that will still be in the back of GM's minds.

    edit: Moot point either way.   If his name keeps slipping he could be there in the 3rd.

  • Your evaluation was before the combine. Before the heart stuff came out. That's when you said early 2nd round

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @mld-woody said:

    Your evaluation was before the combine. Before the heart stuff came out. That's when you said early 2nd round

    Still sitting there toward the end of the second roundStill sitting there toward the end of the second roundmaybe the Browns can nab him at number 64 whatever

  • @mld-woody said:

    Your evaluation was before the combine. Before the heart stuff came out. That's when you said early 2nd round

    Late 1st.... to Tennessee tossed in the possibility of 2nd.

    However when you mentioned the heart and that he was cleared, I talked about him dropping anyway because that will still be in the back of GM's minds.

    edit: Moot point either way.   If his name keeps slipping he could be there in the 3rd.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Moot point either way.  

    That would be a "moo point". 

    It's a cow's opinion - it doesn't matter. 😆