Skip to content

The Hoorta goes Ghoolie...

The Browns Board
108 21 2.7k 1
  • Yeah baby, back to Hogan!

    @wargograw said:

    Yeah baby, back to Hogan!

    Not happening unless Kizer gets hurt.

  • @mark-o said:

    I think you're right to a certain extent about winning in college but Peyton Manning had the same knock on him coming out of college, how did that turn out for everyone?   Especially in today's college game it's hard to blame a QB for a team that loses when theres a ton of points scored. 

    Peyton manning had flawless work ethic. Flawless. I've talked to many people that watch every UCLA game and live in Southern California, and not many of them at all think Rosen is a pro-ready QB. He does have an awesome arm, but most think it's his personality and work ethic that will ultimately hurt him.

    At least with Baker he backs it up by winning. People are loving hating him now, but the Kansas dudes didn't even shake his hand. 

    Article on Rosen

    http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-scout-and-executive-on-josh-rosen-tons-of-issues-and-a-mess-off-the-field/

    Not to say I can predict what will happen, but Rosen comes from rich parents in southern california, and mayfield comes from the midwest. I doubt Rosen, will be able to play competitively in the cold as well as a midwest QB.

    @stillmotion said:

    Peyton manning had flawless work ethic. Flawless. I've talked to many people that watch every UCLA game and live in Southern California, and not many of them at all think Rosen is a pro-ready QB. He does have an awesome arm, but most think it's his personality and work ethic that will ultimately hurt him.

    At least with Baker he backs it up by winning. People are loving hating him now, but the Kansas dudes didn't even shake his hand. 

    Article on Rosen

    http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/04/nfl-scout-and-executive-on-josh-rosen-tons-of-issues-and-a-mess-off-the-field/

    Not to say I can predict what will happen, but Rosen comes from rich parents in southern california, and mayfield comes from the midwest. I doubt Rosen, will be able to play competitively in the cold as well as a midwest QB.

    Yes, it gets fahking frigid in those domes.

  • Kizer played well. Coleman dropped a key pas while we were gaining Mo. Kessler and Hogan suck Niekro Diick. 6 games, lots of football to play. 

  • Just keep telling me Deshone Kizer is going to improve. Been preaching it from the day we drafted him. He's the same Nortre Dame BUM! I saw in college. He sucks, and sucks bad. I'd bet his ESPN total QBR had to be approaching zero after a couple interceptions and strip sacks. Even the Browns postgame guys said flat out "he's just not good enough". Welcome to the club guys- just a little slow on the uptake. 

    You want to win a game this year? I'm on to PO train- bench Kizer and start Hogan- he's our best chance if you don't want to go down with the Lions at 0-16. 

    @hoorta said:

    You want to win a game this year? I'm on to PO train- bench Kizer and start Hogan- he's our best chance if you don't want to go down with the Lions at 0-16. 

    0-16 is exactly what we want 

    It sucks. But that’s the best thing for the Browns. 

  • @hoorta said:

    You want to win a game this year? I'm on to PO train- bench Kizer and start Hogan- he's our best chance if you don't want to go down with the Lions at 0-16. 

    0-16 is exactly what we want 

    It sucks. But that’s the best thing for the Browns. 

    @londonbrown said:

    0-16 is exactly what we want 

    It sucks. But that’s the best thing for the Browns. 

    Only if its a QB that is drafted #1 overall.  Whoever that QB turns out to be.   Otherwise, the team needs to win some games.

  • @londonbrown said:

    0-16 is exactly what we want 

    It sucks. But that’s the best thing for the Browns. 

    Only if its a QB that is drafted #1 overall.  Whoever that QB turns out to be.   Otherwise, the team needs to win some games.

    @mark-o said:

    Only if its a QB that is drafted #1 overall.  Whoever that QB turns out to be.   Otherwise, the team needs to win some games.

    I hope they don’t reach for a QB just because they think their job depends on it. That never works out. 

  • @mark-o said:

    Only if its a QB that is drafted #1 overall.  Whoever that QB turns out to be.   Otherwise, the team needs to win some games.

    I hope they don’t reach for a QB just because they think their job depends on it. That never works out. 

    @londonbrown said:

    I hope they don’t reach for a QB just because they think their job depends on it. That never works out. 

    True enough....but no matter what Kizer does the rest of the way, this team needs a QB.  None of them are any good.   One of these dudes coming out of college has to be good enough to be the guy.   Unless it's Cousins or KC might be willing to part with Alex Smith.

  • They’ll draft a QB high even if they sign a Cousins imo. 

  • They’ll draft a QB high even if they sign a Cousins imo. 

    @londonbrown said:

    They’ll draft a QB high even if they sign a Cousins imo. 

    I would think a FA would keep you from drafting a QB in the first 2 rounds.  

  • @londonbrown said:

    They’ll draft a QB high even if they sign a Cousins imo. 

    I would think a FA would keep you from drafting a QB in the first 2 rounds.  

    @mark-o said:

    I would think a FA would keep you from drafting a QB in the first 2 rounds.  

    It’s never stopped the Patriots 

  • @mark-o said:

    I would think a FA would keep you from drafting a QB in the first 2 rounds.  

    It’s never stopped the Patriots 

    @londonbrown said:

    It’s never stopped the Patriots 

    They have a few less holes than we do and they've only picked 1 as far as I can remember since they've had Brady.

  • They’ll draft a QB high even if they sign a Cousins imo. 

    @londonbrown said:

    They’ll draft a QB high even if they sign a Cousins imo. 

    I could end up being wrong, but I just can't see Cousins having any interest in joining the Browns.

    Sure, money talks, but I'm sure some other team that won more than one game in the last two seasons will gladly pony up big money for him too.

  • @londonbrown said:

    They’ll draft a QB high even if they sign a Cousins imo. 

    I could end up being wrong, but I just can't see Cousins having any interest in joining the Browns.

    Sure, money talks, but I'm sure some other team that won more than one game in the last two seasons will gladly pony up big money for him too.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I could end up being wrong, but I just can't see Cousins having any interest in joining the Browns.

    Sure, money talks, but I'm sure some other team that won more than one game in the last two seasons will gladly pony up big money for him too.

    You'd think.   Jacksonville has to also be a team that needs a guy.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I could end up being wrong, but I just can't see Cousins having any interest in joining the Browns.

    Sure, money talks, but I'm sure some other team that won more than one game in the last two seasons will gladly pony up big money for him too.

    You'd think.   Jacksonville has to also be a team that needs a guy.  

    @mark-o said:

    You'd think.   Jacksonville has to also be a team that needs a guy.  

    Not saying this is a team that will be making a run at Cousins, but you have to wonder what the Steelers are thinking regarding Ben and their future at the QB position.

  • @mark-o said:

    You'd think.   Jacksonville has to also be a team that needs a guy.  

    Not saying this is a team that will be making a run at Cousins, but you have to wonder what the Steelers are thinking regarding Ben and their future at the QB position.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Not saying this is a team that will be making a run at Cousins, but you have to wonder what the Steelers are thinking regarding Ben and their future at the QB position.

    I'd guess you have to see how the season plays out and what the drama queen wants to do.    They might need to pick one early just so they have a guy.

  • There's a good chance there are practice squad QB's better than any of our guys. Hue would have to be a mythical alchemist to turn our Sheet Qbs and WR into a win. 

  • You guys need to stop with this man crush you guys have on Hogan. He's terrible. Kessler is better than him. 

    @alkid3 said:

    You guys need to stop with this man crush you guys have on Hogan. He's terrible. Kessler is better than him. 

    Did you bother watching him when Kizer got hurt? 

    @mark-o said:

    There's no one here hitching anything long term to Kizer,  but as bad as he played, he's still the best option we've got on this team.

    There are no good options Mark....  the McCarron fiasco proved Hue & the guys have zero confidence in Kizer. I know how you feel about Hogan, but if we're on the 0-16 train- (sure looks that way) it doesn't matter WHO is playing Qb.

    @tour2ma said:

    If true, then horrta goes "Ignore"...

    Come on Tour- can't take a little realism? I'll lead the cheers. (((()))) 🙂  FWIW, if I had been in the the draft room last April, I would have gotten out a 9mm and told those idiots you draft Kizer, I start shooting....  BTW, Garrett, Peppers, and Njoku were fine...  But hell's bells- take somebody- anybody- but this stiff. I wasn't alone in my opinion- my co-season ticket holder thought exactly the same... See above- they KNOW they f-ed up on Kizer, just not willing to admit it. Better off paying the Ostrich to stick around and take their lumps. 

    Oh and ten!!! We did it again!!!

    Oh an eleven feels like heaven!!!

    Here's my take, Hue's jumping in the Lake.   (he might get saved, because he didn't say anything about 2-14, or 0-16.)  😁

    Rag on me all you want- MHO is the light bulb is NEVER going to come on for Deshone. Just listening to 20 seconds of his post game presser- he knows it too. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    First, it's "You're", not "Your".  Your attempt to educate me started off with a bang.

    Second, you are correct, the rules definitely benefited the defense in that era in comparison to now. I will counter that today's players are far more athletic, making windows to complete passes smaller than they were nearly 40 years ago. It's similar to why you don't see the famed Packer sweep of the 60s anymore - the players are too fast. How many QBs with comparable arm strength to Sipe are successful today?

    Third, I'll put my football history knowledge up against just about anyone on this board.

    Drew Brees..  P.Manning to name a couple..Brady is not exactly a long ball thrower...

    @nickers said:

    Drew Brees..  P.Manning to name a couple..Brady is not exactly a long ball thrower...

    are you insinuating Manning had a noodle arm? yeah his last year when his arm was falling off. But when he first came into the league his arm was strong. Not farve strong but still a very strong above avg arm.

  • @alkid3 said:

    You guys need to stop with this man crush you guys have on Hogan. He's terrible. Kessler is better than him. 

    Did you bother watching him when Kizer got hurt? 

    @mark-o said:

    There's no one here hitching anything long term to Kizer,  but as bad as he played, he's still the best option we've got on this team.

    There are no good options Mark....  the McCarron fiasco proved Hue & the guys have zero confidence in Kizer. I know how you feel about Hogan, but if we're on the 0-16 train- (sure looks that way) it doesn't matter WHO is playing Qb.

    @tour2ma said:

    If true, then horrta goes "Ignore"...

    Come on Tour- can't take a little realism? I'll lead the cheers. (((()))) 🙂  FWIW, if I had been in the the draft room last April, I would have gotten out a 9mm and told those idiots you draft Kizer, I start shooting....  BTW, Garrett, Peppers, and Njoku were fine...  But hell's bells- take somebody- anybody- but this stiff. I wasn't alone in my opinion- my co-season ticket holder thought exactly the same... See above- they KNOW they f-ed up on Kizer, just not willing to admit it. Better off paying the Ostrich to stick around and take their lumps. 

    Oh and ten!!! We did it again!!!

    Oh an eleven feels like heaven!!!

    Here's my take, Hue's jumping in the Lake.   (he might get saved, because he didn't say anything about 2-14, or 0-16.)  😁

    Rag on me all you want- MHO is the light bulb is NEVER going to come on for Deshone. Just listening to 20 seconds of his post game presser- he knows it too. 

    @hoorta said:

    Did you bother watching him when Kizer got hurt? 

    There are no good options Mark....  the McCarron fiasco proved Hue & the guys have zero confidence in Kizer. I know how you feel about Hogan, but if we're on the 0-16 train- (sure looks that way) it doesn't matter WHO is playing Qb.

    Rag on me all you want- MHO is the light bulb is NEVER going to come on for Deshone. Just listening to 20 seconds of his post game presser- he knows it too. 

    Yes I watched the entire first half of the Texans game and saw the passes took hours to reach the receivers on the out patterns and I saw the INT's and a guy who looked like a deer in the headlights when facing a team that had a week to prepare for him.   He wasn't good.  Kizer isn't good either and Kessler is just a smaller version of Bortles, starts bailing out even before the pressure gets to him.  Kizer is still the best of the 3 headed suck monsters we have for QB choices and I'm not the least bit confident he will ever "get it" but of the choices we have, he's the best to be starting the rest of the year.   No it probably doesn't matter who starts.  I don't really care either way which one of these guys starts each week but if it were my choice, I'd rather see Kizer play because he at least has the best chance to do something good.  The only time Hogan has done anything good is when the game was long out of reach and playing against a soft defense.

  • @hoorta said:

    Did you bother watching him when Kizer got hurt? 

    There are no good options Mark....  the McCarron fiasco proved Hue & the guys have zero confidence in Kizer. I know how you feel about Hogan, but if we're on the 0-16 train- (sure looks that way) it doesn't matter WHO is playing Qb.

    Rag on me all you want- MHO is the light bulb is NEVER going to come on for Deshone. Just listening to 20 seconds of his post game presser- he knows it too. 

    Yes I watched the entire first half of the Texans game and saw the passes took hours to reach the receivers on the out patterns and I saw the INT's and a guy who looked like a deer in the headlights when facing a team that had a week to prepare for him.   He wasn't good.  Kizer isn't good either and Kessler is just a smaller version of Bortles, starts bailing out even before the pressure gets to him.  Kizer is still the best of the 3 headed suck monsters we have for QB choices and I'm not the least bit confident he will ever "get it" but of the choices we have, he's the best to be starting the rest of the year.   No it probably doesn't matter who starts.  I don't really care either way which one of these guys starts each week but if it were my choice, I'd rather see Kizer play because he at least has the best chance to do something good.  The only time Hogan has done anything good is when the game was long out of reach and playing against a soft defense.

    @mark-o said:

    Yes I watched the entire first half of the Texans game and saw the passes took hours to reach the receivers on the out patterns and I saw the INT's and a guy who looked like a deer in the headlights when facing a team that had a week to prepare for him.   He wasn't good.  Kizer isn't good either and Kessler is just a smaller version of Bortles, starts bailing out even before the pressure gets to him.  Kizer is still the best of the 3 headed suck monsters we have for QB choices and I'm not the least bit confident he will ever "get it" but of the choices we have, he's the best to be starting the rest of the year.   No it probably doesn't matter who starts.  I don't really care either way which one of these guys starts each week but if it were my choice, I'd rather see Kizer play because he at least has the best chance to do something good.  The only time Hogan has done anything good is when the game was long out of reach and playing against a soft defense.

    You keep saying this but no matter how many times you say it, it's not going to make it true. 

    Hoorta said, "When Kizer was injured." Not the one game when Kizer was BENCHED. His passes took hours to get to the receivers? How is it that he nailed passes on the Ravens with zip and accuracy but then "because the D had a week to prepare for him" it somehow MAGICALLY weakens his arm. It's just nonsense.