Should we draft a quarterback 1st overall?
-
With a strong run defense, Njoku, Coleman, Devalve and Duke plus maybe Gordon plus a shitload of draft picks this team is ready to win some games. Kizer can develop but his red zone play is atrocious
Draft Rosen and don’t look back.
-
With a strong run defense, Njoku, Coleman, Devalve and Duke plus maybe Gordon plus a shitload of draft picks this team is ready to win some games. Kizer can develop but his red zone play is atrocious
Draft Rosen and don’t look back.
With a strong run defense, Njoku, Coleman, Devalve and Duke plus maybe Gordon this team is ready to win some games. Kizer can develop but his red zone play is atrocious
Draft Rosen and don’t look back.
I have no idea if this current front office will be here come next April, but I can't see them (or whoever replaces them) staring at the #1 overall pick and saying: "Yeah, but we have Kizer"...
Not only that, what non-QB looks like a great alternative to take #1 overall?
-
With a strong run defense, Njoku, Coleman, Devalve and Duke plus maybe Gordon this team is ready to win some games. Kizer can develop but his red zone play is atrocious
Draft Rosen and don’t look back.
I have no idea if this current front office will be here come next April, but I can't see them (or whoever replaces them) staring at the #1 overall pick and saying: "Yeah, but we have Kizer"...
Not only that, what non-QB looks like a great alternative to take #1 overall?
I have no idea if this current front office will be here come next April, but I can't see them (or whoever replaces them) staring at the #1 overall pick and saying: "Yeah, but we have Kizer"...
Not only that, what non-QB looks like a great alternative to take #1 overall?
Exactly, it is going to be a QB, it’s all set up for it. And then add some playmakers on the perimeter on both sides of the ball.
People will be surprised how quickly this team can win
Edit - new head coach permitting
-
Meanwhile back at the thread...
I think we saw today why the answer to the thread title is, "Yes."
It's not that Kizer cannot continue to improve, he can, but everything seems to be a learning process. In the history of blank slates, I am hard pressed to think of a blanker one.
Today I saw continued improvement in intermediate level QB play for about 3.5 quarters... short touch was better... decision making was better... deep passing? Well, it wasn't worse.
But when we got to crunch time, a fresh, blank slate emerged.
- Holding the ball forever even as he moved nicely out of the pocket to get strip sacked on a third and long when a FG is a good alternative...
- Then with time waning taking a sack a foot from the sideline when a backhand pass OB kills the clock?
Situational football can be taught, can be learned... even ingrained deep enough to be there in crunch time...
... but we don't have the time.
Meanwhile back at the thread...
I think we saw today why the answer to the thread title is, "Yes."
It's not that Kizer cannot continue to improve, he can, but everything seems to be a learning process. In the history of blank slates, I am hard pressed to think of a blanker one.
Today I saw continued improvement in intermediate level QB play for about 3.5 quarters... short touch was better... decision making was better... deep passing? Well, it wasn't worse.
But when we got to crunch time, a fresh, blank slate emerged.
- Holding the ball forever even as he moved nicely out of the pocket to get strip sacked on a third and long when a FG is a good alternative...
- Then with time waning taking a sack a foot from the sideline when a backhand pass OB kills the clock?
Situational football can be taught, can be learned... even ingrained deep enough to be there in crunch time...
... but we don't have the time.
I think the game just moves too fast for Kizer unfortunately. Equally as unfortunate....I think it moves to fast for our head coach as well to handle the job. Those two things together are not going to win many games.
-
having this discussion is ridiculous....OF COURSE we will take a qb first. there is so much pressure on the organization to do so at this point because of past misses that even if it werent the right move(and it is), we would be forced to. It's not even a decision at this point. My 3 yo niece knows the browns are going to take a qb first
-
having this discussion is ridiculous....OF COURSE we will take a qb first. there is so much pressure on the organization to do so at this point because of past misses that even if it werent the right move(and it is), we would be forced to. It's not even a decision at this point. My 3 yo niece knows the browns are going to take a qb first
having this discussion is ridiculous....OF COURSE we will take a qb first. there is so much pressure on the organization to do so at this point because of past misses that even if it werent the right move(and it is), we would be forced to. It's not even a decision at this point. My 3 yo niece knows the browns are going to take a qb first
Well it might seem that way but I don't think we have any idea what these guys are going to do. If they actually have faith in DeShone Kizer then the running back and receiver make sense.
WSS
-
Man, I don't know about you guys, but I just can't see a way we DON'T draft a QB first overall. At times today Kizer looked ok, but he's literally made ZERO progress ALL year in the red zone, and I'm completely tired of it. Now today, the ugly red zone turnovers have reared their ugly heads again, although I'm not sure if his last pick was technically in the red zone. Regardless, when we have the ball in a position to score, Kizer can't make it happen. The only TD throw he can somewhat consistently do is the deep seam pass, and he's only done that TWICE. His other ones were a 3 yard slant to Coleman, a ten yard pass to Britt (Britt slipped a tackle and ran it 15 yards btw), a one-yard looper to Njoku, and a "no-look", across the field, blind-luck 25 yarder to Britt who SOMEHOW made the catch of his life. That's it, folks. In ten or eleven games, those are the only TD passes Kizer has to his name. Oh, he also leads the league with sixteen picks, and several fumbles lost. And I don't want to hear about how he's got 5 or 6 rushing TD's. I don't really care. If we get the ball down to the one yard line, then I'll get excited.
And I really don't want to sound like I expect Kizer to be perfect because I know that's not fair. But Jesus Christ, can the guy get hot for ONE game? I understand he had a couple of very nice throws today, but he also missed a few that could've been the difference in the game. It seems like I say this every week. Last week Kizer got screwed over by Coleman, but how many times has Kizer missed somebody, especially deep? I mean, I counted two examples TODAY where Kizer missed potential long gainers, and maybe they could've gone all the way. Did I mention they were to Gordon? The one guy who actually MIGHT take it the distance?
Here's what REALLY ticks me off. It basically comes down to red zone and nothing else. If you watch the entire game, Kizer actually puts the team in a position to win. Despite giving up a ton of yards, the defense somehow kept us in it WITHOUT forcing a turnover YET AGAIN. Anyways, look at Kizer's decisions in the red zone. Go back and look at every snap he takes just from this game, and include his last drive that ended in a pick. The play BEFORE the pick, Kizer somehow TAKES A FREAKING SACK! He's running to his left, has all day to throw it away and save time, but tries a stupid juke move and gets sacked...costing us about 30 seconds. I seriously don't get it. And then after that bonehead play, he throws the ball into triple coverage! How in the HELL does he make that throw? What I want you to do is go back and watch that pick, I know it hurts, and I want you to pay attention to the bottom of the screen. I don't know who the receiver is, and I'm not saying he's "open", but we have a receiver with single coverage streaking towards the corner. It would be a safe pass, a SMART pass, and if it's incomplete, we're still able to kick a FG. Don't get me started about the Bosa sack-strip. I'm not in a stable enough mood to discuss it yet.
-
having this discussion is ridiculous....OF COURSE we will take a qb first. there is so much pressure on the organization to do so at this point because of past misses that even if it werent the right move(and it is), we would be forced to. It's not even a decision at this point. My 3 yo niece knows the browns are going to take a qb first
Well it might seem that way but I don't think we have any idea what these guys are going to do. If they actually have faith in DeShone Kizer then the running back and receiver make sense.
WSS
Well it might seem that way but I don't think we have any idea what these guys are going to do. If they actually have faith in DeShone Kizer then the running back and receiver make sense.
WSS
What makes no sense is for them to have faith in DeShone Kizer as a franchise quaterback.
-
Well it might seem that way but I don't think we have any idea what these guys are going to do. If they actually have faith in DeShone Kizer then the running back and receiver make sense.
WSS
What makes no sense is for them to have faith in DeShone Kizer as a franchise quaterback.
-
having this discussion is ridiculous....OF COURSE we will take a qb first. there is so much pressure on the organization to do so at this point because of past misses that even if it werent the right move(and it is), we would be forced to. It's not even a decision at this point. My 3 yo niece knows the browns are going to take a qb first
Well it might seem that way but I don't think we have any idea what these guys are going to do. If they actually have faith in DeShone Kizer then the running back and receiver make sense.
WSS
Well it might seem that way but I don't think we have any idea what these guys are going to do. If they actually have faith in DeShone Kizer then the running back and receiver make sense.
WSS
they dont have any faith in kizer. wasting a second round pick on him was another miss by this FO, but anyone can see he sucks.
Our FO will take a qb first. Every front office would. My 3 year old niece would. this is not a decision.
-
The good news about Kizer being so bad is that we can be sure that we will draft a QB high next draft.
Imagine if he stepped up in his game and they got to think ''hey, maybe he's our guy''... Yikes!
The good news about Kizer being so bad is that we can be sure that we will draft a QB high next draft.
Imagine if he stepped up in his game and they got to think ''hey, maybe he's our guy''... Yikes!
what i saw of the game in passing (as in walking away) is not kizer as the prob.
all you #s fags and guys who propose the brown's defense is some great entity, i can post video right now showing opposing rbs and wrs running through this 'killer' D like a hot knife through butter, every Shmucking week since the 0-0 start of this season. so go ahead and tout this group like they are 11 and 1.
i'd rather have deshone kizer as the brown's qb next year and not reach into this whack-butt qb class considering the past decade of NOT picking (at all, not even really attempting) the classic prototypical rookie who in their sophomore or junior year has become a NFL stantion. do we really have to name them? and now consider a rosen or darnold as someone that can even sniff their jocks?
why not fix the OL and running game and actually fix this so-called killer D before being worried about some weak, thin-elbowed west coast fag as a saviour of this team next year when you could've had starting pros from A-Z even past 2 years?
btw, if my name was aaron rodgers and had that talent plus banging olivia munn i'd be Socky too. ask sonny jurgensen, mickey mantle, ty cobb, lawrence taylor, david wells or even oil can (smoke crack between innings) boyd how they did intoxicated on the field.
-
Meanwhile back at the thread...
I think we saw today why the answer to the thread title is, "Yes."
It's not that Kizer cannot continue to improve, he can, but everything seems to be a learning process. In the history of blank slates, I am hard pressed to think of a blanker one.
Today I saw continued improvement in intermediate level QB play for about 3.5 quarters... short touch was better... decision making was better... deep passing? Well, it wasn't worse.
But when we got to crunch time, a fresh, blank slate emerged.
- Holding the ball forever even as he moved nicely out of the pocket to get strip sacked on a third and long when a FG is a good alternative...
- Then with time waning taking a sack a foot from the sideline when a backhand pass OB kills the clock?
Situational football can be taught, can be learned... even ingrained deep enough to be there in crunch time...
... but we don't have the time.
Meanwhile back at the thread...
I think we saw today why the answer to the thread title is, "Yes."
It's not that Kizer cannot continue to improve, he can, but everything seems to be a learning process. In the history of blank slates, I am hard pressed to think of a blanker one.
Today I saw continued improvement in intermediate level QB play for about 3.5 quarters... short touch was better... decision making was better... deep passing? Well, it wasn't worse.
But when we got to crunch time, a fresh, blank slate emerged.
- Holding the ball forever even as he moved nicely out of the pocket to get strip sacked on a third and long when a FG is a good alternative...
- Then with time waning taking a sack a foot from the sideline when a backhand pass OB kills the clock?
Situational football can be taught, can be learned... even ingrained deep enough to be there in crunch time...
... but we don't have the time.
Kizer hasn't even learned the fundamental.. THROW THE BALL AWAY IF YOU'RE OUTSIDE THE POCKET.
Man, I don't know about you guys, but I just can't see a way we DON'T draft a QB first overall. At times today Kizer looked ok, but he's literally made ZERO progress ALL year in the red zone, and I'm completely tired of it. Now today, the ugly red zone turnovers have reared their ugly heads again, although I'm not sure if his last pick was technically in the red zone. Regardless, when we have the ball in a position to score, Kizer can't make it happen. The only TD throw he can somewhat consistently do is the deep seam pass, and he's only done that TWICE. His other ones were a 3 yard slant to Coleman, a ten yard pass to Britt (Britt slipped a tackle and ran it 15 yards btw), a one-yard looper to Njoku, and a "no-look", across the field, blind-luck 25 yarder to Britt who SOMEHOW made the catch of his life. That's it, folks. In ten or eleven games, those are the only TD passes Kizer has to his name. Oh, he also leads the league with sixteen picks, and several fumbles lost. And I don't want to hear about how he's got 5 or 6 rushing TD's. I don't really care. If we get the ball down to the one yard line, then I'll get excited.
And I really don't want to sound like I expect Kizer to be perfect because I know that's not fair. But Jesus Christ, can the guy get hot for ONE game? I understand he had a couple of very nice throws today, but he also missed a few that could've been the difference in the game. It seems like I say this every week. Last week Kizer got screwed over by Coleman, but how many times has Kizer missed somebody, especially deep? I mean, I counted two examples TODAY where Kizer missed potential long gainers, and maybe they could've gone all the way. Did I mention they were to Gordon? The one guy who actually MIGHT take it the distance?
Here's what REALLY ticks me off. It basically comes down to red zone and nothing else. If you watch the entire game, Kizer actually puts the team in a position to win. Despite giving up a ton of yards, the defense somehow kept us in it WITHOUT forcing a turnover YET AGAIN. Anyways, look at Kizer's decisions in the red zone. Go back and look at every snap he takes just from this game, and include his last drive that ended in a pick. The play BEFORE the pick, Kizer somehow TAKES A FREAKING SACK! He's running to his left, has all day to throw it away and save time, but tries a stupid juke move and gets sacked...costing us about 30 seconds. I seriously don't get it. And then after that bonehead play, he throws the ball into triple coverage! How in the HELL does he make that throw? What I want you to do is go back and watch that pick, I know it hurts, and I want you to pay attention to the bottom of the screen. I don't know who the receiver is, and I'm not saying he's "open", but we have a receiver with single coverage streaking towards the corner. It would be a safe pass, a SMART pass, and if it's incomplete, we're still able to kick a FG. Don't get me started about the Bosa sack-strip. I'm not in a stable enough mood to discuss it yet.
To distill it- KIZER SUCKS.
-
Meanwhile back at the thread...
I think we saw today why the answer to the thread title is, "Yes."
It's not that Kizer cannot continue to improve, he can, but everything seems to be a learning process. In the history of blank slates, I am hard pressed to think of a blanker one.
Today I saw continued improvement in intermediate level QB play for about 3.5 quarters... short touch was better... decision making was better... deep passing? Well, it wasn't worse.
But when we got to crunch time, a fresh, blank slate emerged.
- Holding the ball forever even as he moved nicely out of the pocket to get strip sacked on a third and long when a FG is a good alternative...
- Then with time waning taking a sack a foot from the sideline when a backhand pass OB kills the clock?
Situational football can be taught, can be learned... even ingrained deep enough to be there in crunch time...
... but we don't have the time.
Kizer hasn't even learned the fundamental.. THROW THE BALL AWAY IF YOU'RE OUTSIDE THE POCKET.
Man, I don't know about you guys, but I just can't see a way we DON'T draft a QB first overall. At times today Kizer looked ok, but he's literally made ZERO progress ALL year in the red zone, and I'm completely tired of it. Now today, the ugly red zone turnovers have reared their ugly heads again, although I'm not sure if his last pick was technically in the red zone. Regardless, when we have the ball in a position to score, Kizer can't make it happen. The only TD throw he can somewhat consistently do is the deep seam pass, and he's only done that TWICE. His other ones were a 3 yard slant to Coleman, a ten yard pass to Britt (Britt slipped a tackle and ran it 15 yards btw), a one-yard looper to Njoku, and a "no-look", across the field, blind-luck 25 yarder to Britt who SOMEHOW made the catch of his life. That's it, folks. In ten or eleven games, those are the only TD passes Kizer has to his name. Oh, he also leads the league with sixteen picks, and several fumbles lost. And I don't want to hear about how he's got 5 or 6 rushing TD's. I don't really care. If we get the ball down to the one yard line, then I'll get excited.
And I really don't want to sound like I expect Kizer to be perfect because I know that's not fair. But Jesus Christ, can the guy get hot for ONE game? I understand he had a couple of very nice throws today, but he also missed a few that could've been the difference in the game. It seems like I say this every week. Last week Kizer got screwed over by Coleman, but how many times has Kizer missed somebody, especially deep? I mean, I counted two examples TODAY where Kizer missed potential long gainers, and maybe they could've gone all the way. Did I mention they were to Gordon? The one guy who actually MIGHT take it the distance?
Here's what REALLY ticks me off. It basically comes down to red zone and nothing else. If you watch the entire game, Kizer actually puts the team in a position to win. Despite giving up a ton of yards, the defense somehow kept us in it WITHOUT forcing a turnover YET AGAIN. Anyways, look at Kizer's decisions in the red zone. Go back and look at every snap he takes just from this game, and include his last drive that ended in a pick. The play BEFORE the pick, Kizer somehow TAKES A FREAKING SACK! He's running to his left, has all day to throw it away and save time, but tries a stupid juke move and gets sacked...costing us about 30 seconds. I seriously don't get it. And then after that bonehead play, he throws the ball into triple coverage! How in the HELL does he make that throw? What I want you to do is go back and watch that pick, I know it hurts, and I want you to pay attention to the bottom of the screen. I don't know who the receiver is, and I'm not saying he's "open", but we have a receiver with single coverage streaking towards the corner. It would be a safe pass, a SMART pass, and if it's incomplete, we're still able to kick a FG. Don't get me started about the Bosa sack-strip. I'm not in a stable enough mood to discuss it yet.
To distill it- KIZER SUCKS.
Kizer hasn't even learned the fundamental.. THROW THE BALL AWAY IF YOU'RE OUTSIDE THE POCKET.
To distill it- KIZER SUCKS.
yep. so does d. johnson. i.crowell. our drugged out WR who people still Sheet in a hat for. our OL (since mack left). our TEs(compared to new NFL standards). our DL. our DEs. our LB corp. our 2 and 3rd line secondary. our coaches. the FO. the owner.
yep kizer sucks. so did Couch who i'm sure you all clapped and laughed at for when he was carted off the field for the 12th time dead and buried because the franchise's inability to build a flipping football team to sustain a rookie QB. wentz, goff, mariota, bortles, carr, stafford, wilson, ryan etc. etc. etc. etc. would be getting blasted by fans such as you who think the onus of this cowpoop organization lands squarely on one player.
why not bitch and cry about a #1 pick who has done squadoosh to help this team win one flippin game cuz he's got hangnail issues? kizer is getting buried left and right with hits that would knock your grandma into next week but nothing to be said about garrett or peppers or crow or d finger johnson, bitonio or any other slab of enept pieces of shite that play on this team. i thought no one could look worse than the colts, bills or bucs this year but i think all those teams won at least one game correct?
so if it is kizer who fans think is the prob then hue jackson and the FO must be the devil.
-
Kizer hasn't even learned the fundamental.. THROW THE BALL AWAY IF YOU'RE OUTSIDE THE POCKET.
To distill it- KIZER SUCKS.
yep. so does d. johnson. i.crowell. our drugged out WR who people still Sheet in a hat for. our OL (since mack left). our TEs(compared to new NFL standards). our DL. our DEs. our LB corp. our 2 and 3rd line secondary. our coaches. the FO. the owner.
yep kizer sucks. so did Couch who i'm sure you all clapped and laughed at for when he was carted off the field for the 12th time dead and buried because the franchise's inability to build a flipping football team to sustain a rookie QB. wentz, goff, mariota, bortles, carr, stafford, wilson, ryan etc. etc. etc. etc. would be getting blasted by fans such as you who think the onus of this cowpoop organization lands squarely on one player.
why not bitch and cry about a #1 pick who has done squadoosh to help this team win one flippin game cuz he's got hangnail issues? kizer is getting buried left and right with hits that would knock your grandma into next week but nothing to be said about garrett or peppers or crow or d finger johnson, bitonio or any other slab of enept pieces of shite that play on this team. i thought no one could look worse than the colts, bills or bucs this year but i think all those teams won at least one game correct?
so if it is kizer who fans think is the prob then hue jackson and the FO must be the devil.
yep. so does d. johnson. i.crowell. our drugged out WR who people still Sheet in a hat for. our OL (since mack left). our TEs(compared to new NFL standards). our DL. our DEs. our LB corp. our 2 and 3rd line secondary. our coaches. the FO. the owner.
yep kizer sucks. so did Couch who i'm sure you all clapped and laughed at for when he was carted off the field for the 12th time dead and buried because the franchise's inability to build a flipping football team to sustain a rookie QB. wentz, goff, mariota, bortles, carr, stafford, wilson, ryan etc. etc. etc. etc. would be getting blasted by fans such as you who think the onus of this cowpoop organization lands squarely on one player.
why not bitch and cry about a #1 pick who has done squadoosh to help this team win one flippin game cuz he's got hangnail issues? kizer is getting buried left and right with hits that would knock your grandma into next week but nothing to be said about garrett or peppers or crow or d finger johnson, bitonio or any other slab of enept pieces of shite that play on this team. i thought no one could look worse than the colts, bills or bucs this year but i think all those teams won at least one game correct?
so if it is kizer who fans think is the prob then hue jackson and the FO must be the devil.
Mik, here's the difference. the OL on plenty of occasions was giving Kizer time to throw the ball. In the dirt to Gordon or - over his head, out of bounds. Yeah there's more blame to spread around- but I said it from day one. Kizer stinks.
-
yep. so does d. johnson. i.crowell. our drugged out WR who people still Sheet in a hat for. our OL (since mack left). our TEs(compared to new NFL standards). our DL. our DEs. our LB corp. our 2 and 3rd line secondary. our coaches. the FO. the owner.
yep kizer sucks. so did Couch who i'm sure you all clapped and laughed at for when he was carted off the field for the 12th time dead and buried because the franchise's inability to build a flipping football team to sustain a rookie QB. wentz, goff, mariota, bortles, carr, stafford, wilson, ryan etc. etc. etc. etc. would be getting blasted by fans such as you who think the onus of this cowpoop organization lands squarely on one player.
why not bitch and cry about a #1 pick who has done squadoosh to help this team win one flippin game cuz he's got hangnail issues? kizer is getting buried left and right with hits that would knock your grandma into next week but nothing to be said about garrett or peppers or crow or d finger johnson, bitonio or any other slab of enept pieces of shite that play on this team. i thought no one could look worse than the colts, bills or bucs this year but i think all those teams won at least one game correct?
so if it is kizer who fans think is the prob then hue jackson and the FO must be the devil.
Mik, here's the difference. the OL on plenty of occasions was giving Kizer time to throw the ball. In the dirt to Gordon or - over his head, out of bounds. Yeah there's more blame to spread around- but I said it from day one. Kizer stinks.
Mik, here's the difference. the OL on plenty of occasions was giving Kizer time to throw the ball. In the dirt to Gordon or - over his head, out of bounds. Yeah there's more blame to spread around- but I said it from day one. Kizer stinks.
HA!!!! good man. sorry dude, not trying to come at you like that.
i mean you are correct when comparing kizer to other rookies who have taken this league by storm......BUT
my point is, i don't see any one rookie distinguishing himself as some wentz or goff this coming draft. yeah we could draft someone who might be as good (or not) as kizer but if that's the case then just keep kizer. a lot of the bad Sheet he does he does under duress in his own mind because of the speed of the pro level game or just plain rookie NFL mistakes (i.e. short or over-the-head throws or bullet passes when he needed just a touch lob toss.....) don't know if it's fixable BUT everyone last year was calling Goff a bust his frosh year when played and yet this year with his head expanded he looks at times like montana.
and then our bone headed FO let's players who might contribute to a win just walk out the door because of analytics. mccown looked like Montana today even though that team sucks as bad as the browns....(well, obviously not).
oh and those who think gordon will be rice reborn is like thinking tiger woods will ever be good again.
-
Mik, here's the difference. the OL on plenty of occasions was giving Kizer time to throw the ball. In the dirt to Gordon or - over his head, out of bounds. Yeah there's more blame to spread around- but I said it from day one. Kizer stinks.
HA!!!! good man. sorry dude, not trying to come at you like that.
i mean you are correct when comparing kizer to other rookies who have taken this league by storm......BUT
my point is, i don't see any one rookie distinguishing himself as some wentz or goff this coming draft. yeah we could draft someone who might be as good (or not) as kizer but if that's the case then just keep kizer. a lot of the bad Sheet he does he does under duress in his own mind because of the speed of the pro level game or just plain rookie NFL mistakes (i.e. short or over-the-head throws or bullet passes when he needed just a touch lob toss.....) don't know if it's fixable BUT everyone last year was calling Goff a bust his frosh year when played and yet this year with his head expanded he looks at times like montana.
and then our bone headed FO let's players who might contribute to a win just walk out the door because of analytics. mccown looked like Montana today even though that team sucks as bad as the browns....(well, obviously not).
oh and those who think gordon will be rice reborn is like thinking tiger woods will ever be good again.
HA!!!! good man. sorry dude, not trying to come at you like that.
i mean you are correct when comparing kizer to other rookies who have taken this league by storm......BUT
my point is, i don't see any one rookie distinguishing himself as some wentz or goff this coming draft. yeah we could draft someone who might be as good (or not) as kizer but if that's the case then just keep kizer. a lot of the bad Sheet he does he does under duress in his own mind because of the spped of the pro level or just plain rookie NFL mistakes (i.e. short or over-the-head throws or bullet passes when he needed just a touch lob toss.....) don't know if it's fixable BUT everyone last year was calling Goff a bust his frosh year when played and yet this year with his head expanded he looks at times like montana.
and then our bone headed FO let's players who might contribute to a win just walk out the door because of analytics. mccown looked like Montana today even though that team sucks as bad as the browns....(well, obviously not).
Don't get me started on the guys we let walk.... (((())))
There's the difference Mik- I do. Re watch that last Kizer interception about 10 times and you'll see my point. Not only was the intended receiver double covered like a blanket- he threw the ball around 10 yards too short. Earlier Potential completion to Gordon- a true Sam Snead "Worm Burner" that had no chance.
So I ask you- did Bernie ever look like he sucked this bad when he got his chance? FWIW, Gordon is better than anyone Kosar had at WR. While we're at it- Ghoolie pegged Coleman as a bust- and he just might be right.
-
i really haven't watched any game since the whole vet day kneel down shite. just own personal beliefs....
when gordon was drafted and i was watching the nfl, he friggin blew me away with his talent. too bad other things in his life got in his way of fulfilling not only his dreams and aspirations but also the whole brown's fan base.
i really don't know about kizer. when certain channels show highlights of browns vs. other teams, only highlights are coming from other teams.
yep, kosar was the shite back in the day and MODELL the shrew that he was knew what the F he was doing when drafting a hometown boy. he and sipe are the only 2 QBs i can say i watched and respected as decent to great pros that started for the browns. too young for graham era.
had the chance to draft local kid in trubisky last year who basically did the kosar in saying he wanted to play in cleveland and the FO and whoever else just balked at it like it meant nothing.
flippin disgraceful.
-
Well it might seem that way but I don't think we have any idea what these guys are going to do. If they actually have faith in DeShone Kizer then the running back and receiver make sense.
WSS
they dont have any faith in kizer. wasting a second round pick on him was another miss by this FO, but anyone can see he sucks.
Our FO will take a qb first. Every front office would. My 3 year old niece would. this is not a decision.
they dont have any faith in kizer. wasting a second round pick on him was another miss by this FO, but anyone can see he sucks.
Our FO will take a qb first. Every front office would. My 3 year old niece would. this is not a decision.
Yep-first they take a 5th rounder in the 3rd and then a 3rd rounder in the 2nd and they still have the worst 3 QBs in the league.
-
I dont know what your watching but Kizer is clearly not ready and should have never played this season.. He sucks..
Bring in an established vet, or actually draft a good QB with the 1st pick for once
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login