Apathy Setting In
-
-
Speak for yourself Gip. I drove 30 miles from LaPlace to New Orleans to hang out with the Browns Backers there.
-
Speak for yourself Gip. I drove 30 miles from LaPlace to New Orleans to hang out with the Browns Backers there.
Speak for yourself Gip. I drove 30 miles from LaPlace to New Orleans to hang out with the Browns Backers there.
I am, of course, speaking in generalities.
Proof is in the pudding. Lets wait and see what the attendance will look like in these cold December games.
-
Its true. Apathy is setting in. Yesterday I could not get together with the guys to watch the game. I had other, more important things to do. Just making other things a matter of priority over watching the Browns is one particular sign of it. Then, when I came home I turned the game on briefly, saw the Browns getting hammered by like 2 TDs, then said "Fuyuck This Shizer", and turned the game off to do something else.
So, this Browns organization reaps what it sows.....a fan base that to a great extent may not even want to bother watching your games. This is on Jimmy, Sashi, Hue. This is their creation.
Why is it that somehow I get the feeling that these guys do not care at all about the fact that they are alienating their fan base. As long as the owner is getting his TV revenue....he perhaps does not care that he is losing money on ticket sales and concessions etc. The GM does not care about winning or losing...only about if he can continue his process....and try to supposedly "win" deals that he makes. The coach seems oblivious to losing. While he may superficially care....he is getting paid in two years of doing this more that what most of us will make in a lifetime.
THEY seem to have an apathetic attitude toward winning. Ergo...why should we, the fans, have anything but an apathetic attitude toward the team.?
And just out of curiosity....does anyone know what the local ratings are for the Browns? I suspect they have seriously deteriorated over the last couple of years. Deservedly so.
Its true. Apathy is setting in. Yesterday I could not get together with the guys to watch the game. I had other, more important things to do. Just making other things a matter of priority over watching the Browns is one particular sign of it. Then, when I came home I turned the game on briefly, saw the Browns getting hammered by like 2 TDs, then said "Fuyuck This Shizer", and turned the game off to do something else.
...And you're a DIE-HARD !
RIght?!
Regulars on Browns board(s) are the best, hardest to kill-off, fans there are.
After my grandboys were baptised Sunday, I went to my parent's house and trimmed hedges, bushes & shrubbery for a lot of the afternoon. (weeds & poison ivy(s) are dead - the BIG trim of the year)
- when I got home I listened to the 4th quarter on internet radio while putting up christmas lights outside -
BoardMembers are the staunchest fans....but apathy is making us line up better things to do. - I've been saying for a long time that apathy will and has been setting in among the fan base. It would HAVE to. It's a natural progression.
....I guess apathy would be another reason that you wouldn't want to strip down your roster to trash when initiating a 'rebuild'. In reality, we did not have to let pro bowlers and starters walk away and leave the team in a void of talent.....including, of course, QB.
- now I'll go read the whole thread...
-
Here is the thing to remember................ football is funded by fans.........fanatics........................people, you, me, all of us, who continue to buy the sports product without any regard to common sense, or reasoning that applies to other purchases in our lives.
WSS hit the nail on the head and I think this is a wake-up reality check for anyone who thinks Browns fans are somehow special or different from other fans. The Steelers once couldn't draw jack, if they go 3 - 13 they again won't draw jack, just like the current Browns aren't drawing jack.
Haslam is no dummy, and none of the other owners are either. A winning team erases all the doom and gloom, it erases woes about how we no longer have a lifetime winning record...blah blah blah............... it even eliminates the opposing fans who say...YOU SUCK..............because once you are winning there is no insult in saying to us.........YOU SUCKED LAST YEAR............nobody cares about last year............do you? Of course nor.
If a team could destroy it's fan base by sucking, no financial interest with a lick of sense would buy an NFL franchise. However frustrated Haslam is, he still has the upper hand.............he knows that some wins will bring the party back to a full boil and all the pain will be forgotten. Can you imagine the Browns winning a SB? You think 1999 was a celebration?
Apathy? Yeah, sure, some of us are taken by it, but we remain here. Will some fans decide to call it quits? Sure, but a fan base has never been a static body. People have always come and gone. You win, you get new fans, you get some former fans back.
This team, and franchise suck as bad as the New Orleans Aint's......but really, do we ever hear fans and announcers talking about those days? Of course not, because they don't lose any more.
As horrible as the Browns experience has been....as Steve pointed out, a win streak and all is forgotten.
Haslam is no dummy,
...you sure of that? It seems the bulk of his company was in a rebate skimming scheme for years and he was clueless about it. At least he SAY'S he's that dumb.
He hijacks because he cares?
I think he makes a pertinent point to our apathy. He points out that the FO did not value the QB position properly. The QB position is the biggest reason the team sucks so bad...causing apathy.
I think the core of the problem is no one truly knows what the hell this FO is doing. They never explained this process, just talked about it vaguely.
I love this one.
They CANNOT possibly come out and tell us their process. Because obviously it was filled with flaws. - How can you say that you figured that the players on the team, prior to your taking over, were obviously crappy and that you could do better with a bunch of rookie draft picks and some undrafted free agents? - How can you say that you had to spend millions of dollars on fixing an offensive line that you helped to wreck your first year in charge? - How can you say, Well we knew that Wentz wasn't going to be a top 20 QB in this league so we left our QB position a shambles? - And the next year with Watson given to Houston?
How can they come out and say, "We thought we knew what we were doing but actually don't. But we've learned from our mistakes and we'll try not to make too many more"? - AND THEN phuck up trade for a QB at the trading deadline cos you waited 'til the last possible minute!
(Woody Allen couldn't write this regime's comedy/tragedy)
-
Perhaps not.....you are apparently here just to be a Bitch and attempt to hijack a thread?
Wasn't attempting to hijack anything , Gip... Nor is it my intention... I'm just a tad pissed our FO came to he conclusion Wentz was not good enough for us to draft,, He has his team poised for a playoff run.. These assholes have us poised for Sheet.. Talk about Apathetic , now.....
-
Speak for yourself Gip. I drove 30 miles from LaPlace to New Orleans to hang out with the Browns Backers there.
Speak for yourself Gip. I drove 30 miles from LaPlace to New Orleans to hang out with the Fudge Packers there.
-
-
Look, I think we should keep Sashi, but christ guys, quit acting like he's a damn genius.... He's just a lawyer. I swear, you can't question anything he does without a shitload of kickback from the sunshine pumpers.
-
Speak for yourself Gip. I drove 30 miles from LaPlace to New Orleans to hang out with the Browns Backers there.
Speak for yourself Gip. I drove 30 miles from LaPlace to New Orleans to hang out with the Browns Backers there.
You're one of the few left War. 10 miles is about my limit to hang out with the guys, drink margaritas, and watch the Browns find another new and creative way to lose a game.
-
I have to admit I suffer frI'm it to say me degree. I still watch all 4 quarters every game but have given several sets of my lower level tickets away. In crappy weather or just after traveling all week I can't bring myself to do the 4 hour round trip to the stadium. Leaving home around 930 and not getting home till 630 or so just isn't fun right now. Even when watching from home I don't host guests like I normally have in the past. Having said all of that , call me a homer but I am jacked to see Kizer to Gordon this Sunday. Think I might just host a little BBQ Sunday.
-
Speak for yourself Gip. I drove 30 miles from LaPlace to New Orleans to hang out with the Browns Backers there.
Speak for yourself Gip. I drove 30 miles from LaPlace to New Orleans to hang out with the Browns Backers there.
I flew to houston and dropped $400 on that game.
can't justify doing it for the browns/chargers
-
I'm betting your post Gip describes a high % of Browns fans..... myself included. I remarked in the Tavern yesterday that I was offered 3 free tickets to this week's Chargers / Browns game and I politely declined as I refuse to give the organization a single penny other than the percentage they get from my DTV NFL Package.
The last Browns gear I purchased was during the Butch era. I almost bought a hat during Pet's 7-3 run, but didn't want to jinx it..... Lord, could you imagine if I made this worse with a jinx?
But yea, apathy has set in for me and with the Rams being back and lighting it up, my apathy is fading away slowly and being replaced with "Who give's a schit....... and when are the Rams on?"
I'm betting your post Gip describes a high % of Browns fans..... myself included. I remarked in the Tavern yesterday that I was offered 3 free tickets to this week's Chargers / Browns game and I politely declined as I refuse to give the organization a single penny other than the percentage they get from my DTV NFL Package.
The last Browns gear I purchased was during the Butch era. I almost bought a hat during Pet's 7-3 run, but didn't want to jinx it..... Lord, could you imagine if I made this worse with a jinx?
But yea, apathy has set in for me and with the Rams being back and lighting it up, my apathy is fading away slowly and being replaced with "Who give's a schit....... and when are the Rams on?"
I was planning to go to charger game since it is only 9 Miles or so from my house and in my birthday weekend but not so much this year. Not too excited this year. ?
-
Some folks have the same opinion about Trump. I believe in both cases they are off the mark.
You think Trump is playing chess? Lmao.
-
One other aspect of the apathy is that I now just basically peruse or scan the topics on this board rather than trying to read almost every post.
One other aspect of the apathy is that I now just basically peruse or scan the topics on this board rather than trying to read almost every post.
Apathy setting in? Yeah like rigor mortis, the third stage of death, but.......
.......just think for a minute guys and gals "if" this team would think about or even leave you will NEVER see professional football in NE Ohio again except maybe in Canton once a year. Worse yet maybe an influx of new steelrz fans!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DING! All of a sudden I'm energized again.....a bit. GO BROWNS!
-
And most of the fans think he's down to the king and a few pawns, and is about to get checkmated.....
Yup... no denying that's what most folks think.
Thank, God I am not one of you.
Why is it that somehow I get the feeling that these guys do not care at all about the fact that they are alienating their fan base.
Because your feelings are not trustworthy?
No way is it a matter of not caring. It's accepted because they understand that what they are putting on the field is very hard to love. They know that only winning will bring back the fans... that only winning will bring back the love.
But they also believe, as a few of us here do, that they are on the right path... even though it is more painful journey than they anticipated. They are the ones starting to formulate our Big Board. They are the ones with one eye down the road. And they are dedicated to not just bringing back the love in the near term, but sustaining it for the long haul.
they also believe, as a few of us here do, that they are on the right path... even though it is more painful journey than they anticipated. They are the ones starting to formulate our Big Board. They are the ones with one eye down the road. And they are dedicated to not just bringing back the love in the near term, but sustaining it for the long haul.
A winning team has people who can step in and perform at ALL levels of the roster.. there's always a Collins blowing the MCL mid-season but the backups need to maintain.
We've never been able to do that since 1999 - until now.
Everyone on the OL would start for 95% of other teams. OK, maybe not Tretter.. which should show everyone that FA is less of a hit% than the draft, so there's never an option to "go buy all the FA and endless winz"
DL may not start for all teams but they would make the roster.. and remember Coley was UDFA who's starting over our draft picks who remain talented.
Yes, there's still holes - but you can't fix everything immediately....... that's an erroneous assertion.
Quoting Hue's browns w/l record is meaningless without context. Pop quiz: What was Bill Walsh's record his first 2 years at SF?
-
Some folks have the same opinion about Trump. I believe in both cases they are off the mark.
You think Trump is playing chess? Lmao.
-
they also believe, as a few of us here do, that they are on the right path... even though it is more painful journey than they anticipated. They are the ones starting to formulate our Big Board. They are the ones with one eye down the road. And they are dedicated to not just bringing back the love in the near term, but sustaining it for the long haul.
A winning team has people who can step in and perform at ALL levels of the roster.. there's always a Collins blowing the MCL mid-season but the backups need to maintain.
We've never been able to do that since 1999 - until now.
Everyone on the OL would start for 95% of other teams. OK, maybe not Tretter.. which should show everyone that FA is less of a hit% than the draft, so there's never an option to "go buy all the FA and endless winz"
DL may not start for all teams but they would make the roster.. and remember Coley was UDFA who's starting over our draft picks who remain talented.
Yes, there's still holes - but you can't fix everything immediately....... that's an erroneous assertion.
Quoting Hue's browns w/l record is meaningless without context. Pop quiz: What was Bill Walsh's record his first 2 years at SF?
Quoting Hue's browns w/l record is meaningless without context. Pop quiz: What was Bill Walsh's record his first 2 years at SF?
2-14 (Hue would swallow a nugget of hobo Sheet to have two wins at the end of the season) then 6-10 (Hue will never win that many games as a Browns coach).
-
they also believe, as a few of us here do, that they are on the right path... even though it is more painful journey than they anticipated. They are the ones starting to formulate our Big Board. They are the ones with one eye down the road. And they are dedicated to not just bringing back the love in the near term, but sustaining it for the long haul.
A winning team has people who can step in and perform at ALL levels of the roster.. there's always a Collins blowing the MCL mid-season but the backups need to maintain.
We've never been able to do that since 1999 - until now.
Everyone on the OL would start for 95% of other teams. OK, maybe not Tretter.. which should show everyone that FA is less of a hit% than the draft, so there's never an option to "go buy all the FA and endless winz"
DL may not start for all teams but they would make the roster.. and remember Coley was UDFA who's starting over our draft picks who remain talented.
Yes, there's still holes - but you can't fix everything immediately....... that's an erroneous assertion.
Quoting Hue's browns w/l record is meaningless without context. Pop quiz: What was Bill Walsh's record his first 2 years at SF?
A winning team has people who can step in and perform at ALL levels of the roster.. there's always a Collins blowing the MCL mid-season but the backups need to maintain.
We've never been able to do that since 1999 - until now.
Everyone on the OL would start for 95% of other teams. OK, maybe not Tretter.. which should show everyone that FA is less of a hit% than the draft, so there's never an option to "go buy all the FA and endless winz"
DL may not start for all teams but they would make the roster.. and remember Coley was UDFA who's starting over our draft picks who remain talented.
Yes, there's still holes - but you can't fix everything immediately....... that's an erroneous assertion.
Quoting Hue's browns w/l record is meaningless without context. Pop quiz: What was Bill Walsh's record his first 2 years at SF?
Definitely bro, lets compare Hue Jackson to Bill Walsh, better yet, lets compare him to Vince Lombardi and Paul Brown. Did Paul Brown hug Otto Graham or Vince Lombardi hug Bart Starr as hard as Hue hugged McCarron? Hue must be a damn genius..... And Sashi must be a damn genius.... and Depo is a genius too.... It doesn't matter that we don't know what they're doing or what their plans are, because battered women like you believe in them when their record says they've won 1 game in two years.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login