Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Coach Rumor

Coach Rumor

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
45 Posts 17 Posters 1.6k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 4k Posts
    • 959 Reputation
    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

    stillmotionS The GipperT mjp28M 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • darren15D darren15

      ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

      stillmotion stillmotionS Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 2k Posts
      • 453 Reputation
      stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @darren15 said:

      ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

      I doubt Peyton comes here unless the saints drop brees. And look at what the saints are doing this year. Alvin kamara and Ingram are dominating. It would be stupid for them to let him go.

      Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • stillmotionS stillmotion

        @darren15 said:

        ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

        I doubt Peyton comes here unless the saints drop brees. And look at what the saints are doing this year. Alvin kamara and Ingram are dominating. It would be stupid for them to let him go.

        Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 6k Posts
        • 1k Reputation
        Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @stillmotion said:

        I doubt Peyton comes here unless the saints drop brees. And look at what the saints are doing this year. Alvin kamara and Ingram are dominating. It would be stupid for them to let him go.

        I agree.  I don't see him leaving New Orleans.   But no, I wouldn't want him.   Same question as always....how many coaches have won a super bowl or NFL championship with 2 different teams?   It ain't a long list.  

        I want the next Sean Peyton.   Find that guy and make him our new coach.

        stillmotionS 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
          • 13k Posts
          • 5k Reputation
          tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          ESPN Cleveland really just looking fo clicks?

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • darren15D darren15

            ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

            The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
            • 57k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @darren15 said:

            ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

            Rumors are like arseholes.   Most of them are full of shite.

            1 Reply Last reply
            ❤ 😂
            Quote Reply
            • LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 10k Posts
              • 2k Reputation
              LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
              #6

              This just in....ESPN Cleveland is reporting that the ghost of Vince Lombardi is interested in coaching the Browns.

              C 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • thenew23 thenew23T
                • 2k Posts
                • 233 Reputation
                thenew23T thenew23 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

                Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

                Ill take a wild card birth...

                #Justsayin'
                Mark OM The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • thenew23T thenew23

                  If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

                  Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

                  Ill take a wild card birth...

                  Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 6k Posts
                  • 1k Reputation
                  Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @thenew23 said:

                  If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

                  Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

                  Ill take a wild card birth...

                  It should always be the expectation should it not?  Otherwise, why bother?     Point being....coaches who have won a super bowl basically never win one again with a different team.   It just doesn't happen. 

                  I don't want Sean Peyton.  I want the next Sean Peyton.   Whoever that guy is.   Young and hungry to be a head coach not a rich old guy resting on his laurels from winning a super bowl somewhere else (see Holmgren, Mike Cleveland Browns if you need a reference.).

                  A 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Mark OM Mark O

                    @thenew23 said:

                    If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

                    Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

                    Ill take a wild card birth...

                    It should always be the expectation should it not?  Otherwise, why bother?     Point being....coaches who have won a super bowl basically never win one again with a different team.   It just doesn't happen. 

                    I don't want Sean Peyton.  I want the next Sean Peyton.   Whoever that guy is.   Young and hungry to be a head coach not a rich old guy resting on his laurels from winning a super bowl somewhere else (see Holmgren, Mike Cleveland Browns if you need a reference.).

                    Alkid3 A
                    • 665 Posts
                    • 61 Reputation
                    A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @mark-o said:

                    It should always be the expectation should it not?  Otherwise, why bother?     Point being....coaches who have won a super bowl basically never win one again with a different team.   It just doesn't happen. 

                    I don't want Sean Peyton.  I want the next Sean Peyton.   Whoever that guy is.   Young and hungry to be a head coach not a rich old guy resting on his laurels from winning a super bowl somewhere else (see Holmgren, Mike Cleveland Browns if you need a reference.).

                    Basically... but you're saying it's possible right? You can say the same thing for QBs. Would you take Aaron Rodgers on our team? Drew Brees? Nobody has won a super bowl on 2 different teams like Peyton Manning.

                    Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Mark OM Mark O

                      @stillmotion said:

                      I doubt Peyton comes here unless the saints drop brees. And look at what the saints are doing this year. Alvin kamara and Ingram are dominating. It would be stupid for them to let him go.

                      I agree.  I don't see him leaving New Orleans.   But no, I wouldn't want him.   Same question as always....how many coaches have won a super bowl or NFL championship with 2 different teams?   It ain't a long list.  

                      I want the next Sean Peyton.   Find that guy and make him our new coach.

                      stillmotion stillmotionS Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 453 Reputation
                      stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @mark-o said:

                      I agree.  I don't see him leaving New Orleans.   But no, I wouldn't want him.   Same question as always....how many coaches have won a super bowl or NFL championship with 2 different teams?   It ain't a long list.  

                      I want the next Sean Peyton.   Find that guy and make him our new coach.

                      The Rams got him.

                      Mark OM 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • thenew23T thenew23

                        If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

                        Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

                        Ill take a wild card birth...

                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                        • 57k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @thenew23 said:

                        If it is real, I'd take him in a heartbeat...

                        Coaches winning a Super Bowl with second team? Really? Thats your expectations for a new HC?

                        Ill take a wild card birth...

                        No coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two teams.   ONLY Weeb Ewbank has won NFL/AFL/AAFC titles with more than one team.

                        A few coaches have won with one team and lost with another:

                        Don Shula...won with Dolphins, lost with Colts

                        Mike Holmgren...won with Packers, lost with Seahawks

                        Bill Parcells...won with Giants, lost with Patriots

                        finger Vermeil...won with Rams, lost with Eagles

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Alkid3 A
                          • 665 Posts
                          • 61 Reputation
                          A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          Post the link. I can't find anything on this. I call shenanigans. 

                          darren15D 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                            • 57k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            Also, just FYI...coaches that have lost the most playoff games without ever having won one:
                             

                            Marvin Lewis:   a record  0-7 in postseason play.

                            Jim Mora  Sr.   was 0-6

                            Buddy Ryan and Allie Sherman 0-3

                            Guys that lost the most postseason games overall?

                            Don Shula  17 losses ....but also 19 wins

                            Tom Landry  16 losses...but 20 wins

                            Marty Schottenheimer   13 losses....but only 5 wins.

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • A Alkid3

                              Post the link. I can't find anything on this. I call shenanigans. 

                              darren15 darren15D Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 4k Posts
                              • 959 Reputation
                              darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @alkid3 said:

                              Post the link. I can't find anything on this. I call shenanigans. 

                              https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/936630163961499648

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • A Alkid3

                                @mark-o said:

                                It should always be the expectation should it not?  Otherwise, why bother?     Point being....coaches who have won a super bowl basically never win one again with a different team.   It just doesn't happen. 

                                I don't want Sean Peyton.  I want the next Sean Peyton.   Whoever that guy is.   Young and hungry to be a head coach not a rich old guy resting on his laurels from winning a super bowl somewhere else (see Holmgren, Mike Cleveland Browns if you need a reference.).

                                Basically... but you're saying it's possible right? You can say the same thing for QBs. Would you take Aaron Rodgers on our team? Drew Brees? Nobody has won a super bowl on 2 different teams like Peyton Manning.

                                Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 6k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @alkid3 said:

                                Basically... but you're saying it's possible right? You can say the same thing for QBs. Would you take Aaron Rodgers on our team? Drew Brees? Nobody has won a super bowl on 2 different teams like Peyton Manning.

                                Different situation entirely.   Sure I'd take Brees or Rodgers or Brady or hell..Eli Manning at this point.   Franchise QB's don't switch teams after they've won a super bowl.  It just doesn't happen and if it does, it's when the career is pretty much over.  Peyton being the exception, but his career was pretty much toast when the Broncos signed him and he played well enough not to lose games and the defense carried the team.  

                                Coaches leave to go other places and the teams and fans think they're bringing in a super bowl winner because he's done it before somewhere else but it doesn't work out that way.  The hunger isn't there as much to do it the 2nd time.

                                A 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • stillmotionS stillmotion

                                  @mark-o said:

                                  I agree.  I don't see him leaving New Orleans.   But no, I wouldn't want him.   Same question as always....how many coaches have won a super bowl or NFL championship with 2 different teams?   It ain't a long list.  

                                  I want the next Sean Peyton.   Find that guy and make him our new coach.

                                  The Rams got him.

                                  Mark O Mark OM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 6k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @stillmotion said:

                                  The Rams got him.

                                  They did.  But there's probably another one out there somewhere.   Just have to trust the nerds to find him.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                    • 30k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    If he's the 2017 Sean Peyton, then I'd take him in a heartbeat as well.

                                    After years of being "pass happy", he's fundamentally changed the Saints offensive approach into one worthy of the AFCN. That kind of adaptability is uncommon.

                                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • darren15D darren15

                                      ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

                                      mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                      • 18k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @darren15 said:

                                      ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

                                      I like to look at the backgrounds in these rumors......and what's more fun than rumors especially with BROWNS football......he does have Midwest roots:

                                      Career information
                                      High school: Naperville (IL) Central
                                      College: Eastern Illinois
                                      Undrafted: 1987
                                      Career history
                                      As player:
                                      • Chicago Bruisers (1987)
                                      • Pittsburgh Gladiators (1987)
                                      • Ottawa Rough Riders (1987)
                                      • Chicago Bears (1987)
                                      • Leicester Panthers (1988)
                                      As coach:
                                      • San Diego State (1988–1989)
                                        Offensive assistant
                                      • Indiana State (1990–1991)
                                        Running backs coach & wide receivers coach
                                      • San Diego State (1992–1993)
                                        Running backs coach
                                      • Miami (OH) (1994–1995)
                                        Offensive coordinator
                                      • Illinois (1996)
                                        Quarterbacks coach
                                      GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                                      The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                                        • 18k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        Oh a guy from PA I worked with had season tickets to the Pittsburgh Glad-he-ate-hers (as the locals called it) in their short existance, also collected all the merchandise he could get, no real interest with the Steelers in town and they folded.

                                        GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • mjp28M mjp28

                                          @darren15 said:

                                          ESPN Cleveland are reporting an interesting rumor circulating around the NFL that the Browns next coach could be Sean Peyton ......... I don't see that happening but if it did would you be happy ?

                                          I like to look at the backgrounds in these rumors......and what's more fun than rumors especially with BROWNS football......he does have Midwest roots:

                                          Career information
                                          High school: Naperville (IL) Central
                                          College: Eastern Illinois
                                          Undrafted: 1987
                                          Career history
                                          As player:
                                          • Chicago Bruisers (1987)
                                          • Pittsburgh Gladiators (1987)
                                          • Ottawa Rough Riders (1987)
                                          • Chicago Bears (1987)
                                          • Leicester Panthers (1988)
                                          As coach:
                                          • San Diego State (1988–1989)
                                            Offensive assistant
                                          • Indiana State (1990–1991)
                                            Running backs coach & wide receivers coach
                                          • San Diego State (1992–1993)
                                            Running backs coach
                                          • Miami (OH) (1994–1995)
                                            Offensive coordinator
                                          • Illinois (1996)
                                            Quarterbacks coach
                                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                          • 57k Posts
                                          • 4k Reputation
                                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @mjp28 said:

                                          I like to look at the backgrounds in these rumors......and what's more fun than rumors especially with BROWNS football......he does have Midwest roots:

                                          Career information
                                          High school: Naperville (IL) Central
                                          College: Eastern Illinois
                                          Undrafted: 1987
                                          Career history
                                          As player:
                                          • Chicago Bruisers (1987)
                                          • Pittsburgh Gladiators (1987)
                                          • Ottawa Rough Riders (1987)
                                          • Chicago Bears (1987)
                                          • Leicester Panthers (1988)
                                          As coach:
                                          • San Diego State (1988–1989)
                                            Offensive assistant
                                          • Indiana State (1990–1991)
                                            Running backs coach & wide receivers coach
                                          • San Diego State (1992–1993)
                                            Running backs coach
                                          • Miami (OH) (1994–1995)
                                            Offensive coordinator
                                          • Illinois (1996)
                                            Quarterbacks coach

                                          Who are you talking about here?

                                          NeroN nickersN 2 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate